AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-04-20, 01:31   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 536 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers released...

Quote:
-Iruka, still upset with Naruto desiring to go to War, broods after being left behind. As he contemplates the war, Kirabi appears. Iruka asks Bi to take care of Naruto. Entrusted with Iruka’s desires, Kirabi goes off to war, despite the Hachibi’s grumbling.

-Cut to the Kage, where the Raikage tells Tsunade that Naruto was not stopped.

-Cut to Naruto, who has been stopped by another barrier team. Suddenly Kirabi arrives, and they effortlessly destroy the barrier and advance to War.

-Zetsu senses their chakra and sends a message to Madara about their arrival.

-Growing bored at watching the Daimyo, Zetsu attacks the “leaders”, only to stopped by the Mizukage.

-On the battlefield, Chouji, Darui, Tenten and the rest all fight the Clone Army. Suddenly, Madara appears and summons something…Gedō Mazō appears and begins to advance on the armies.
p.s. no Shounen Jump next week.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-04-20 at 08:30.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 04:31   Link #2
Spelt

Should be promising.

Think were gonna see Naruto Vs. Sasuke pretty soon
Old 2011-04-20, 05:53   Link #3
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

The gist of it.

Iruka asks Kirabi to protect Naruto
Naruto has trouble with the barrier
Kirabi joins him and they both break through the barrier
Zetsu reports this to Madara
White Zetsu attack the Daimyo and is stopped by Mei Terumi
Tenten uses the banana fan and runs out of chakra(not clear about this yet)
Madara summons Gedo Mazo(not sure)
The End
Old 2011-04-20, 07:42   Link #4
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
I'm still waiting for a chapter where I don't have to cringe at something that's being said.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 10:50   Link #5
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

So anyone know what Gedo Mazo is?
Old 2011-04-20, 10:58   Link #6
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
So anyone know what Gedo Mazo is?
Gedo Mazo is the statue in which the Bijuu are sealed, and the statue Nagato used to become Pain.
Old 2011-04-20, 11:34   Link #7
ronin myael
lost ronin

ahhh, so now it begins...the real war i mean. lol but i still would have preferred if naruto and killerbee didn't join the fray yet. i want to see the ninja countries lose some battles. it's been one-sided so far. hopefully madara kills off some important ninja before naruto steps in.
Old 2011-04-20, 12:49   Link #8
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i want to see the ninja countries lose some battles. it's been one-sided so far.
I'd like to see some actual tactics involved in this war, instead of this bad excuse for a ninja tournament.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 13:48   Link #9
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

More stuff:

Kakuzu, Dan, and Hizashi were all defeated OFF-PANEL.

We never see Tenten use the fan.

Madara and the Gedo Mazo statue appear on the beach right in front of Darui, Choji, Shka, Ino, etc.

Madara decides he will fight now. He also says something about wanting a substitute. People think he means Kinkaku and Ginkaku. He might use the Horn Bros Kyuubi chakra with the Gedo Mazo. Obviously this can only be a temp solution to give him some power or unleash some biju power. Or does this mean he only needs Kirabi now?

It's pretty clear Kishi had fights like Neji/Hinata vs. Hizashi planned and more side character involvement, but was forced to drop them to get to Madara so the plot moves.
Old 2011-04-20, 14:23   Link #10
Ero-Senn1n

A snippet from some early translation:
Hachibi : Raikage will go medieval on you ass, I tell you.
Bee : He will learn faster on the battlefield, moron. Let's take a shortcut.

This will be funny, Bee has decided to train Naruto on the battlefield
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 21:45   Link #11
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Kakuzu, Dan, and Hizashi were all defeated OFF-PANEL.
Ya kishi be trollin'...
but to fair it is possible for them all to be set free by madara so they may not be done
Quote:
We never see Tenten use the fan.
But it turns out she DID use it... off-panel... and nearly died(or that's atleast how she feels) from the chakra drain
can't even be sure if she will even be able to keep it what with being told to never use the fan again and some other random ninja picking it up... and people thought tenten was gonna get a chance to be useful.
Old 2011-04-20, 21:57   Link #12
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
People complain about Tenten using the fan when she probably didn't have enough chakra. Now people will complain that she can't use it.

LoLz.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 22:04   Link #13
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Yaaaay!! We may finally get to see the Rinnegan be used to it's fullest potential. I refuse to believe that it can only use 7 techniques.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 22:07   Link #14
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Naruto and Bee will probably get captured eventually, but the paper he swallowed is a seal that will return him back to Iruka.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 22:14   Link #15
Fran~
floating away...

Mei's kick reminds me Haruhi's kick to Computer Club Boss
Old 2011-04-20, 22:39   Link #16
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Ah yes! These chapters get more and more action packed each week.
Old 2011-04-20, 22:42   Link #17
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Loved the Barrier scene, it made me lul a bit.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 22:57   Link #18
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Abrupt as it is, seeing Madara enter the battle is definitely an exciting turn of events. I'm little disappointed we didn't get to see Ten-Ten kick ass with the fan (ok, not really). I wanted to see Dan and Hizashi fight though.

The possibility of seeing what Madara can do with a Sharingan/Rinnegan combo makes up for it. Even if it's just a glimpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Madara says he wants a substitute and the scene switches instantly to a focus on the containers Gin / Kin are sealed inside of.

Naruto is officially safe, he won't lose the kyuubi. I guess Bee is safe too. I don't see why should fall and not the other.
Seems like Madara is still gunning for the both of them. Isn't that the whole reason he entered the battlefield in the first place? If he has any intentions of using the Kin Gin bros as a substitute it should be just a temporary solution. I think he's still going to need Naruto and Bee.

And Bee promising to protect Naruto for Iruka? That whole deal just seemed to spell out 'self-sacrifice' to me. I fear for our enka-loving friend... But we'll see.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 23:14   Link #19
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
It's pretty clear Kishi had fights like Neji/Hinata vs. Hizashi planned and more side character involvement, but was forced to drop them to get to Madara so the plot moves.
Please don't tell me you think the "big bad editors" are the ones responsible for having Kishi skip those fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
People complain about Tenten using the fan when she probably didn't have enough chakra. Now people will complain that she can't use it.

LoLz.
Idealistically, Tenten inexplicably being able to use the fan and kick ass would have been pretty sweet. Wouldn't have made sense, but it still would've been awesome.

Realistically, it makes sense that Tenten wouldn't be able to use the fan, but Kishi couldn't even be bothered to show it. Tenten could've at least taken out an enemey or a mass of Zetsu clones before going down. But no, Kishi couldn't even spare her that one little bit of glory.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 23:20   Link #20
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Please don't tell me you think the "big bad editors" are the ones responsible for having Kishi skip those fights.
More likely, Kishimoto saw poll numbers indicating that the fans simply did not care or the most recently released volume didn't sell as well, so he was forced to change his outline to try and draw the fans back in...

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion