031 - 040: Bad... 3 9.38%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 3 9.38%
011 - 020: Awful... 2 6.25%
000 - 010: Tortuous... 8 25.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-05-19, 01:56   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Naruto Shippuden Episode 212 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Do not vote before the episode has been "released".
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

Sakura's Resolve - サクラの覚悟 ~ Sakura no Kakugo.

Description:

Animation Supervisor: Hong Rong (203, 192, 182) & Sul-Ah Kang (212)
Storyboard: Kanryou Kishikawa (203, 192, 182)
Episode Director: Hideaki Uehara (212)
Screenplay: Yasuyuki Suzuki (208, 203, 201)

Lost Bonds - 失われた絆 ~ Ushinawareta Kizuna.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 08:33   Link #2
Midnight Commander

Hm, the contrast of young Sasuke and current Sasuke saying "later" was pretty sad to see. I actually felt pretty sorry for Karin here.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 08:38   Link #3
defrule

1/2 way through it, if I wanted so many flashbacks I would watch part 1 :<<<<
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 09:49   Link #4
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Nice episode, I liked it very much. The animation was very good. The only thing I don't like it's a filler scene when Sakura asks her self why she fell in love with Sasuke and has those flashbacks. If I remember right they did this once before. During Sasuke vs Deidara match when Sakura walks by Karin. In manga they just passed each other yet the anime team made the dog which follow Sakura asking about her and Sasuke.

Why am I getting a feeling by watching this episodes that Anime team is trying to sell us Sasuke/Sakura and Naruto/Hinata.
Old 2011-05-19, 10:27   Link #5
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

an entire episode on flashbacks... meh... at least next week will be better.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 11:03   Link #6
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Kishi. Kishi, Kishi, Kishi. First you troll my manga, then you troll the anime. 2/3 flash backs, plus one flash back that was so obviously thrown in last minute. Bah!
Old 2011-05-19, 11:10   Link #7
Aqua Knight

Haven't watched but 2/3 flashbacks, meh...

Flashback episodes are worse then recaps as they have smthing new but it's only a little so you still have to watch them.
Old 2011-05-19, 12:10   Link #8
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I think i went a little blind at the end ...
Old 2011-05-19, 12:17   Link #9
Jiraiya_

Damn

Damn I just cant wait for Naruto vs Madara if it happens.
Jiraiya_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 12:26   Link #10
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
Kishi. Kishi, Kishi, Kishi. First you troll my manga, then you troll the anime. 2/3 flash backs, plus one flash back that was so obviously thrown in last minute. Bah!
...only Kishi has no control over what goes on with the anime...

The anime team do things as they wish based on pacing, which is how they get away with flashbacks, non-canon filler, and semi-canon filler that obviously weren't in the manga...They do some good things, like extending fights in an imaginative way when the source material leaves much to be desired, and then they do bad things, like making nearly entire episodes stuffed with flashbacks we've seen tons of times before...

Whatever...As long as the anime team doesn't overtake the manga like way back when in the original Naruto series, then I'm personally not going to care about one flashback episode here and there...I'm not going to say it doesn't suck, though...

Short of everything else, though, we could have done without that one last shot of Sasuke's rape face in the last minutes of the episode...That right there in enough doses is sufficient to fuel a nightmare...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 12:58   Link #11
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

umm are you serious? It took 20 minutes for the anime to get to the "i'm coming with you" scene? What da ****!?!?!?!/
Old 2011-05-19, 14:40   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
umm are you serious? It took 20 minutes for the anime to get to the "i'm coming with you" scene? What da ****!?!?!?!/
That's pretty much it. Geeze a wasted episode of flashbacks and just tossing that in at the end. I have no idea what she is thinking anymore. Maybe we'll luck out and it's some bizarre strategy to get close enough to punch his head off.

Too bad Karin, the only person that could heal you is going to go with Sasuke in your place .
Old 2011-05-19, 15:02   Link #13
Fran~
floating away...

I think that the anime team did a great job, they didn't change nothing really important, but Sasuke's farewell was really well done, the contrast was very well done. Pre Time-skip Karin was lovable too.

The omake was funny as hell
Old 2011-05-19, 16:10   Link #14
kitten320

So whole episode was waisted on flashbacks which we see 10 times each arc?
Seriously, why show something that everyone already knows by heart -_-

The only interesting pasrt was Karin'a flashback and special.
Karin's flashback had far better impact here than in manga, the transition of comparison they made was very effective. You can kind of understand why she was following him all this time, poor her.

And flashback was a lol, is Sakura really a medic? By her taken actions. it doesn't looks so... poor Sai, and he just wanted to try and get closer... Lol, Gai was photoshoped a lot there
Old 2011-05-19, 16:23   Link #15
Jinru
Hideo Kuze

I'll echo the resentment others have felt on today's episode. What a crock of sh!t...

As to what happened in the last few mins, I didn't expect Sakura to outright join Sasuke like that! I guess I should've seen that coming. All my expectations went to a 1 on 1 with Sakura's decapitated head lying next to Karin's.... O well.
Jinru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 16:28   Link #16
Jerseykid

fast forwarded right past that garbage and was rewarded with nothing happening

karin belonged to the mcdonalds's village

Last edited by Jerseykid; 2011-05-19 at 16:47.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 16:51   Link #17
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
So whole episode was wasted on flashbacks which we see 10 times each arc?
Seriously, why show something that everyone already knows by heart -_-
The reason why they did it is because they've already decided what parts of the manga the upcoming episodes are gonna cover. What I mean by that is that in their planning, the studio may decide that a particular episode must cover from point A to point B of the manga. But in doing that, sometimes another episode may be sacrificed and not come out particularly well.
For example, today's episode covered most of chapter 482, but left out some pages from that chapter. It would have made sense to have them in today's episode, but the animators left them out because they want them to be in the next episode. They have a special animation director coming on board next week and it looks like they have something planned for that part of the manga. Because they decided to split the manga material that way, today's episode ended up covering just a little part of the story. For that reason, they had no choice but fill the episode with flashbacks to cover 20 minutes of air time.

To sum it up, today's episode sucked because the studio wants to do something special with the next episode, and the only way to do that was sacrificing today's episode.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 17:03   Link #18
maplehurry

No more defending on Sasuke now, he's going to finish off Karin after all..
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 18:02   Link #19
Aqua Knight

Ok, the episode was ok, the new animation of old scenes was good with new music. Well, this flashback it quite likeable though I don't know why.
Old 2011-05-19, 18:31   Link #20
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Good episode especially like the karin and sasuke scene at the end but what ruined it for me was the Flashbacks...i just wish instead of that there should have been more at the end there

Tags
weekly episode discussion