AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-06-01, 01:10   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 541 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Short spoilers released.

Quote:
-Raikage v. Naruto.

-Naruto tells the Raikage that there is nothing he can do to stop Naruto.

-A replies that if there is nothing he can do to stop him, then he will simply have to kill Naruto.

-Tsunade attempts to intervene, only to be stopped by Kirabi (hopefully he stops her with his tentacles ).

-Supposedly a flashback starts for the Kumo brothers…

-end?

Last edited by james0246; 2011-06-01 at 08:18.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 04:56   Link #2
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Ohana's spoilers.

The color pages have nothing to do with the chapter. They are of a hot spring. The Naruto Boys(Naruto, Kiba, Shikamaru, Choji, Lee, Shino, Neji) are in one section. The Naruto Girls(Sakura, Hinata, Tenten, Ino) are in another section. Total fanservice.

The chapter:

Naruto stands up to A and tells him there is nothing he can do to stop him
A then says he has no choice but to kill Naruto.
A attacks Naruto for real and Kirabi stops Tsunade from interfering.
Flashback about A and Kirabi's past.

There might be more but that is it for now.
Old 2011-06-01, 05:00   Link #3
HasuMasu
*Artist

so it comes down to a fight after all
Old 2011-06-01, 06:26   Link #4
neshru

Does Shino take out his glasses to bath?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 08:29   Link #5
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
A then says he has no choice but to kill Naruto.
Well, that is definitely one way of protecting Naruto from Madara.

Looks like we will see a fist no jutsu followed by a talk no jutsu combination after all.
Old 2011-06-01, 08:40   Link #6
Danku81

the flashback is probably related to a and kirabi fighting the same way that he fights naruto.
Danku81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 09:32   Link #7
mrShady

Or the flashback at long last gives us character development and history for both A and B (though B had a little before).
Should be about time anyway since both of them are pretty prominent in recent chapters.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 10:13   Link #8
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Why do you guys call RaiKage "A"?
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 10:32   Link #9
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Because c d e f g............./shrug
Old 2011-06-01, 10:35   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
Why do you guys call RaiKage "A"?
His Japanese name is エー ~ Ee, which is pronounced Ei or A. It goes with Kirabi ~ Killer Bee and all the other alpahbet Kumo-nin (C, D, J, etc)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 11:03   Link #11
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lol, reminds me of Men in Black.
Old 2011-06-01, 11:56   Link #12
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

this fight was a bit telegraphed, but I am looking forward to seeing how naruto stands up to A's lightning armor.

Pluss if naruto dies Madara aka 'hopeless' would have to wait till the kyubi spawned again naturally. Thou he could probably force the spawn point. Hopeless is probably betting on the fact that ninja army won't want to give up it's weapon before he can steal it.
Old 2011-06-01, 11:58   Link #13
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

So they're no blood related brothers afterall. Interesting turn of events. I know it was only a matter of time before we get a deeper backstory on Kirabi and the Raikage.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 12:47   Link #14
SamuraiX

Send a message via MSN to SamuraiX
Raikage: Naruto do you think you can make it pass me?
Naruto: I thi.....
Raikage: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!
SamuraiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 12:49   Link #15
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

I actually didn't like any of the retconning this chapter did. Making the brotherly team-up into essentially just a tradition to walk through, and now not having them actually be related, cheapened it. Don't fix what ain't broke.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 12:53   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Am I the only one who thinks A was totally OOC in this chapter? Wants to kill Naruto AND B, and doesn't want to hear it, because he is the leader and they must do as he says...ok I know he hasn't had much character from the start, but this was a bit too much.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 13:06   Link #17
mrShady

Nah, I think it was pretty much in line. The cloud was building up its forces and with B not being blood related too A it is even more logical for A to see B as a weapon.
He was just as hot headed and didn't want naruto to bore him again with useless talk, he truly is a man of action:P.

The jutsu naruto was about to perform what could it be?
Just before B stopped A's punch naruto was making a kage bunshin kinda seal...
But it couldn't be a kage bunshin since naruto dies almost instantly when making one in kyuubi mode.
Thus begs the question what could it have been?
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 13:09   Link #18
Kallen4life

uhm .. nine-tail mode SUCKS ? or is it just me ? naruto basically couldn't deal with a one-armed A even w/o the latters lightning armor .. srsly, I thought having control over the nigh-infinite chakra of the strongest bijuu would produce something better (especially after he owned Kisame speed-wise) .. on the other hand, B has even better control of the almost-as-powerful 8-tails and he got owned by Kisame (there is that sword, but still ) + afaik it was mentioned that A is stronger then B as well .. not impressed by our dear jinchuriki, it seems pretty eyes >>>>> tonns of chakra =/

I'm thinking it's too early for Naruto to face Sasuke .. the latter got EMS now, he'd rape the poor kid

gotta work on combining with sage-mode or maybe getting the other half of the chakra out of death-god stomach or something .. or actually learning some jutsu ^^

P.S. loved the backstory on A & B though
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 13:12   Link #19
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Am I the only one who thinks A was totally OOC in this chapter? Wants to kill Naruto AND B, and doesn't want to hear it, because he is the leader and they must do as he says...ok I know he hasn't had much character from the start, but this was a bit too much.
I agree. Even he's not rash enough to think that having the beasts roam free again would be better than if they went into battle.

I'm just glad Bee stopped Naruto from offering himself up by doing a kage bushin.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 13:20   Link #20
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suika-Esper View Post
I agree. Even he's not rash enough to think that having the beasts roam free again would be better than if they went into battle.

I'm just glad Bee stopped Naruto from offering himself up by doing a kage bushin.
Kushina said that if the host was killed, the kyuubi would not be able to return for 10 years. Thus, killing Naruto is a perfectly logical way of stopping or significantly delaying Madara's plans and presents the least risk.

Quote:
uhm .. nine-tail mode SUCKS ? or is it just me ? naruto basically couldn't deal with a one-armed A even w/o the latters lightning armor .. srsly, I thought having control over the nigh-infinite chakra of the strongest bijuu would produce something better (especially after he owned Kisame speed-wise) .. on the other hand, B has even better control of the almost-as-powerful 8-tails and he got owned by Kisame (there is that sword, but still ) + afaik it was mentioned that A is stronger then B as well .. not impressed by our dear jinchuriki, it seems pretty eyes >>>>> tonns of chakra =/
Raikage stated he is the fastest ninja alive.

Naruto can keep up with him.

Thus, Naruto is, along with Raikage, the fastest ninja alive.

I'm not sure how that's not impressive. It's not as though Naruto were fighting Raikage as a serious enemy, they just exchanged some punches.

From the Raikage/Sasuke fight, this also means Naruto is faster than Sasuke now.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion