AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 01:57   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 542 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Brief spoilers released.

Quote:
-A and B Flashback continues.

-A talks to the previous Hachibi Jinchuuriki concerning B becoming the next Jinchuuriki.

-Cut to A and B vs. several Kumo-nin. Did they stage a coup d’état?

-Later, A and B vs. Minato and Konoha (this is occurs during the time Kumo kidnapped Kushina). A and Minato exchange blows (Minato comes out ahead), then B partially transforms to Hachibi and attacks Minato with a tentacle. Suddenly though, a retreat signal is launched, and the Kohoha-nin begin to leave the battlefield. As they leave, Minato warns A that if he doesn't care for B properly he will lose himself to his bijuu, becoming neither Jinchuuriki or shinobi…

Last edited by james0246; 2011-06-08 at 10:30.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 10:03   Link #2
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Chapter is out already =O.
Old 2011-06-08, 10:32   Link #3
james0246

Surprisingly good flashback and good chapter. A and B's relationship is fairly interesting, and their history together is more complex than originally thought. And it seems the remembrance of Minato’s words is what will drive A to accept Naruto...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 10:42   Link #4
ChronoReverse

Minato's trick is so simple but it's still so badass every time he does it =)
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 11:41   Link #5
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
least we got to see why minato was so fast.

dude is a beast.

he said next time kage title is on the line, maybe next time we see them together it will be before he was made hokage and where he first seen bee using the bomb and thats how he got the idea for the Rasengan.
Old 2011-06-08, 12:03   Link #6
Kallen4life

Minato truly makes every moment epic

and yeah - digging A & B even more .. how is it that Cloud >>> Konoha atm ?

their short fight makes me think that A's full speed with the armor is superior to Minato's own default, but obviously not to the Thunder God .. but since TG requires setting up and special tools it's kinda ~even
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 13:40   Link #7
Spelt

A VERY good chapter
Old 2011-06-08, 13:48   Link #8
Alchemist007
*Author

Reading this and Bleach, I feel like I should be done with a Naruto chapter by pg 5
Old 2011-06-08, 13:49   Link #9
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Surprisingly good flashback and good chapter. A and B's relationship is fairly interesting, and their history together is more complex than originally thought. And it seems the remembrance of Minato’s words is what will drive A to accept Naruto...
Still not sure if that was worth an entire flashback chapter though. It really dragged up until Minato showed up for his regularly scheduled hype from the grave. A will see Naruto as Minato and remember what he said about the jinchuuriki. A and B will fist bump and all will be fine. Until B dies since now his backstory is complete. No reason for him to live now.

I also wonder where Yuugito and the Two Tails fits into this?

Funny, someone like Temari could blow away all of Minato's kunai.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 13:52   Link #10
Kallen4life

if the kunai is already in place I think Minato can kill Temari before she finishes the thought of blowing away the kunai

but yeah, it's obviously a weaker point of the technique

I really liked the process of transferring a bijuu in this chapter

and little B is just so cute &&
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 13:56   Link #11
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
if the kunai is already in place I think Minato can kill Temari before she finishes the thought of blowing away the kunai

but yeah, it's obviously a weaker point of the technique

I really liked the process of transferring a bijuu in this chapter

and little B is just so cute &&
Actually Minato can instantly form a seal on anything. Just like how he removed the Kyuubi from Madara. So he doesn't really need the Kunai.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 14:42   Link #12
ChronoReverse

He's also pretty fast on his own in the first place. If you spend the time to eliminate the kunai, he'll just wipe the floor with you while you're distracted for the moment.

It also doesn't hurt how he can easily place tags with a touch as demonstrated in the Kakashi gaiden. I personally it's just his style that he uses those kunai. I bet he could simply lay them all over the place while fighting a holding battle until they're all over the place perfect for the kill.

His trick of teleporting to a dagger he had just thrown is nicely evil too.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 15:17   Link #13
lucasd

Most interesting is quote
You have everything: skill, lineage, sense and it is not enough to control a beast
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 15:28   Link #14
Fran~
floating away...

Here it comes some cheese speech about friendship/love no jutsu... you read it here first
Old 2011-06-08, 16:05   Link #15
tetsuo69

minato is bad ass
Old 2011-06-08, 16:34   Link #16
neji-kun

Minato just beasted that chapter. I'm surprised he could react to Ei. Fastest ninja ever? His words at the end of the chap are obviously gonna have relevance to the current situation.
neji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 16:39   Link #17
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
he said next time kage title is on the line, maybe next time we see them together it will be before he was made hokage and where he first seen bee using the bomb and thats how he got the idea for the Rasengan.
He had to have made the Rasengan while he was the leader of Kakashi's team or earlier, since Kakashi said he only developed the Raikiri/Chidori because he couldn't apply lightning to the Rasengan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Reading this and Bleach, I feel like I should be done with a Naruto chapter by pg 5
Honestly, I thought I was done at page 11 based on how it progressed.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 16:44   Link #18
AnbuItachi

I say madara is the fastest ninja. He doesn't need to throw kunais to instantly go whereever he wants.
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 16:55   Link #19
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
I say madara is the fastest ninja. He doesn't need to throw kunais to instantly go whereever he wants.
Maybe you missed the part where Minato beats Madara's speed.

BTW we see again how these cloud ninjas tried to steal the 9 tails, and now we know that even the next raikage was involved in that mission. They also killed the 2nd hokage and tried to steal Hinata, and who knows what else did they do in those 80-90 years of bloody history. Sure if i were the hokage i would have fought them until they were completely destroyed, lucky for them that the 4th hokage was not a warmonger like Danzo or Orochimaru would have been if he were the 4th. It's kinda unrealistic that all 5 great villages still exist, considering how many wars they had.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 17:05   Link #20
neji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
Yea..ummm no.
neji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion