AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-23, 13:14   Link #221
Terras

Heh...... That new trailer was definitely enjoyable. Good hearing voices + music from the game.

Hey, is it just me, or in one of Ange's screen-shots..... does anyone get a "Gate of Babylon" vibe ala Fate/Stay Night's Gilgamesh?
Old 2010-11-23, 13:23   Link #222
Leafsnail

No, wait a second.

Considering that all characters and moves seem to stick strictly to the first 4 games, why do Zepar and Furfur appear at the end of the trailer? I guess they could be like hosts of the game or something...
Old 2010-11-23, 13:26   Link #223
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
Heh...... That new trailer was definitely enjoyable. Good hearing voices + music from the game.

Hey, is it just me, or in one of Ange's screen-shots..... does anyone get a "Gate of Babylon" vibe ala Fate/Stay Night's Gilgamesh?
I get a Gates of Babylon feel from a lot of the attacks in this game, actually. Especially the one used by Beatrice near the end of the recent video.

Then again, I guess anything where weapons are flying from the caster to the person in rapid fire will remind me of Gates of Babylon, which really isn't fair, I guess.
Old 2010-11-23, 13:27   Link #224
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
Considering that all characters and moves seem to stick strictly to the first 4 games
I don't think there's much to add from the other 3 games. The only one who would have different moves would be Battler when he turned into BATTLER. Other than him, I don't remember any other character showing any new moves in Chiru.
Old 2010-11-23, 13:33   Link #225
Lumy
非合理の魔女

Spoiler:

Wait, since when does Beato have that giant ribbon on the back of her dress? Now I know what felt slightly odd about her sprite.
It's in the character art too, I didn't notice before...

Old 2010-11-23, 13:34   Link #226
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
Wait, since when does Beato have that giant ribbon on the back of her dress? Now I know what felt slightly odd about her sprite.
It's in the character art too, I didn't notice before...
I'd rather know why Ange has such long hair...
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2010-11-23, 13:38   Link #227
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ Agreed. I was wondering if I was hallucinating or something, but she definitely has her hair like twice longer than usual.
Well, I even prefer her like this, but that design change after so long is a bit startling indeed.
Old 2010-11-23, 13:41   Link #228
Terras

.......Perhaps it's + eye candy?
Old 2010-11-23, 14:07   Link #229
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Alternate kakera.
Old 2010-11-23, 14:26   Link #230
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Alternate kakera.

"And so it was that Ushiromiya Battler won the Nth game ... by turtling effectively, groping Beato's boobs, and layin' down a pimp smack of blue truth to her face, several times. EFFECTIVE."

Old 2010-11-23, 14:57   Link #231
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Hey, there really isn't a reason to complain about those minor detail, (long haired Ange is what I desire ), what we really should be questioning why Ronove is able to transform, (not like anyone is complaining).
Old 2010-11-23, 14:59   Link #232
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove27 View Post
Hey, there really isn't a reason to complain about those minor detail, (long haired Ange is what I desire ), what we really should be questioning why Ronove is able to transform.
Ronove was always implied to be a great earl of hell, but he was basically serving cookies, tea and using his defensive skills only.
His true potential wasn't shown in the franchise as his bios suggests.

Needless to say, it isn't surprising for him to dish out serious business when he is going all out.
Old 2010-11-23, 15:07   Link #233
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

I get that but if it hasn't been shown on the regular games why ruin the surprise even with just an appearance? Oh well, no point questioning it I guess lol. He got my vote on playable demon characters.
Old 2010-11-23, 15:10   Link #234
Leafsnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I don't think there's much to add from the other 3 games. The only one who would have different moves would be Battler when he turned into BATTLER. Other than him, I don't remember any other character showing any new moves in Chiru.
There's at least one character you'd expect them to include if they were doing the first 6.
Old 2010-11-23, 17:08   Link #235
Terras

I gotta admit.... the way they positioned the coffins and they way they're releasing the characters is really bugging me. Not because I don't like it, but because it's making the little voice in my head say "Secret characters!"

I mean, why position them that way? I'm gonna guess and say EVA-Beatrice and 410 are next to Kanon and Shannon, and that Virgilia and Ronove are the ones split apart. It just seems that since Ronove and Virgilia are split like that, they could have easily done the coffins in rows of 5 and still got the same effect..... I'm over analyzing.
Old 2010-11-23, 17:19   Link #236
Megaolix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
There's at least one character you'd expect them to include if they were doing the first 6.
Make that two. Since it's in team of two, Erika will surely come with Dlanor. I also hope for Lamdadelta and Bernkastel to join in of course.
Old 2010-11-23, 17:30   Link #237
Terras

....... Mind if I speculate a bit?

I know I've been obnoxious with talk of secret characters.... but I have a 'boss' combo that fits both episode 4 and makes perfect sense..... Goldsmith and Gaap. Think about it. Goldsmith could make a very fine boss character, with the whole dragon thing and all, and he summoned Gaap in episode 4, so...

Just speculation... I honestly don't suspect Kinzo to be playable, but *insert Kinzo cliche here*
Old 2010-11-23, 17:35   Link #238
Cao Ni Ma

If Kinzo is a character in this game he should be dead at the start of each fight. No if or buts, the fight start and he is instantly KO'ed
Old 2010-11-23, 17:37   Link #239
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
But he can still get up and fight anyway, because he's GODDAMN GOLDSMITH.
Old 2010-11-23, 17:40   Link #240
moichispa
Endless witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
If Kinzo is a character in this game he should be dead at the start of each fight. No if or buts, the fight start and he is instantly KO'ed
Not really. If witches exists without problem there shouldn't be any to Kinzo existing too.

Also who would include a instant k.o character cause it will end being hated by everybody because they thing that another cool character would be on the game if he weren't there.

Last edited by moichispa; 2010-11-23 at 18:01.
Closed Thread