AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 195 43.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 13.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 36 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 4.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 2.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 5.30%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-12, 02:09   Link #581
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandySyler View Post
Or maybe the meal tickets are for the automated students only?
Maybe, but Kanade gets them, too. Perhaps they're for the NPCs and the students who want to be good by emulating them.
Old 2011-09-04, 15:15   Link #582
IamRomulo

Hopefully some one will respond to this.

Can someone tell me what they think happened at the end? Anything please?

I think that Yuzuru did 'past through' and that the "another epilogue" was before he 'pasted away' even though I know that epilogue is another chapter to the end... I guess i just want it to be that way because it really is to sad.

Maybe it is that way that they go, that they all meet each other again, *sigh* it really is a sad Anime.
Old 2011-09-04, 16:30   Link #583
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRomulo View Post

I think that Yuzuru did 'past through' and that the "another epilogue" was before he 'pasted away' even though I know that epilogue is another chapter to the end... I guess i just want it to be that way because it really is to sad.

Maybe it is that way that they go, that they all meet each other again, *sigh* it really is a sad Anime.
I can see the"another epilogue" as either a continuation of episode 13 or an alternative ending. Yuzuru probably passed on after he trained the new people what's going on.
Old 2011-09-04, 19:53   Link #584
IamRomulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I can see the"another epilogue" as either a continuation of episode 13 or an alternative ending. Yuzuru probably passed on after he trained the new people what's going on.
I hope so thanks. Do you think there will ever be a season two? Of them all meeting up or something?
Old 2011-09-04, 20:48   Link #585
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Can be viewed both ways....personally, I see it as an alternate route.

Speaking of which, I hear that Key may be making an Angel Beats! VN....

Would be some time before it is released if they are though
Old 2011-09-05, 01:02   Link #586
IamRomulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Can be viewed both ways....personally, I see it as an alternate route.

Speaking of which, I hear that Key may be making an Angel Beats! VN....

Would be some time before it is released if they are though
can someone tell me what a vn I been seeing it a lot and I don't know thanks.

Yes I'm a noob lol.
Old 2011-09-05, 01:08   Link #587
Kudryavka

Quote:
can someone tell me what a vn I been seeing it a lot and I don't know thanks.

Yes I'm a noob lol.
VN= visual novel, a very minimalist type of adventure game. Maeda used to work at a company that made many popular VNs.
Old 2011-09-05, 01:09   Link #588
Honoakari
Lurking Member

@IamRomulo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Novel

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd.
Old 2011-09-05, 01:11   Link #589
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.D. View Post
@IamRomulo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Novel

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd.
Was about to edit in that link. Cooperation!
Old 2011-09-05, 10:38   Link #590
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
VN= visual novel, a very minimalist type of adventure game. Maeda used to work at a company that made many popular VNs.
It's not an adventure game....

It's a book you read off a screen. Hence the term Visual Novel. No matter what anyone says, its more like a book than an actual RPG.
Old 2011-09-06, 21:14   Link #591
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
He still works for them, he just doesn't do the scenario writing atm anymore. He works on the music and quality control.
Old 2011-09-09, 16:17   Link #592
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Anyone else ever bothered by the fact that while Yuzuru kept saying "I love you" to Kanade, she only responded with "thank you"? I understand that the phrase thank you was the reason Yuzuru decided on becoming a doctor and organ donor so it might have significant points there but its always bugged me
Old 2011-09-09, 20:49   Link #593
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I looks like Kanade does love him, but she cannot return her love because she will disappear in 3... 2... 1...
"Thank you" is a strong enough message from Kanade, who has gained and lost cherished people in the Afterlife.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-09, 20:49   Link #594
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Anyone else ever bothered by the fact that while Yuzuru kept saying "I love you" to Kanade, she only responded with "thank you"? I understand that the phrase thank you was the reason Yuzuru decided on becoming a doctor and organ donor so it might have significant points there but its always bugged me
True, it struck me as odd the first time around. Would have been nice if she said "I love you" back but we know that she felt that way regardless if it wasn't said.
Old 2011-09-09, 20:52   Link #595
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I looks like Kanade does love him, but she cannot return her love because she will disappear in 3... 2... 1...
"Thank you" is a strong enough message from Kanade, who has gained and lost cherished people in the Afterlife.
It was implied that she would disappear after telling him she loved him but it doesn't quite add up. She came to the place to thank him, so wouldn't she disappear after having done that? Saying "I love you" is not the same as thanking someone, so I don't see how she would have disappeared if she told him that.
Old 2011-09-09, 22:04   Link #596
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
It was implied that she would disappear after telling him she loved him but it doesn't quite add up. She came to the place to thank him, so wouldn't she disappear after having done that? Saying "I love you" is not the same as thanking someone, so I don't see how she would have disappeared if she told him that.
Words don't carry true meaning. The intention and meaning behind them will always remain the true significance
Old 2011-09-10, 18:00   Link #597
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Yeah but you'd think she could slip one in at the end seeing as she disappeared anyways, either way I think its best to leave it to the imagination, I see that she loved him at any rate and it seems to be the general consensus anyways
Old 2011-09-10, 18:11   Link #598
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's not an adventure game....

It's a book you read off a screen. Hence the term Visual Novel. No matter what anyone says, its more like a book than an actual RPG.
I was making an easy to understand definition for somene who may not have known.
Old 2011-09-18, 09:48   Link #599
LanceX2

This series needed 24 episodes but Im still able to enjoy it and the music/animation was beautiful.

I really liked how otonashi and kanade met in their next lives. It put the whole afterlife and reincarnation into perspective.

I love happy endings :P
Old 2011-10-13, 08:37   Link #600
InTheHeadx3

If you guys want backstory, read the light novel or the manga! The manga is still being realeased slowly (currently chapter 17 or something) it adds alot of information!
The last episode was a mixture of humor, hope and sadness. The significance of Kanade saying "thank you" was that Yuzuru only kept living on because everytime he gave manga to his little sister, she said "Thank you onii-chan!"
Its basicly what he lived for. That people would thank him. BTW! Anyone notice the star flying into the sky after Kanade dissapears?
Closed Thread