AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-13, 16:41   Link #21
Vajra
So Like A Rose

So that girl might be a midget or something instead of a child? That guy dressed as a baby is weird, I wonder what kind of power he will have if any.
Old 2013-11-13, 18:03   Link #22
JonSnow

Are we going to see another 1 hit K.O with Bellamy, or is he going to end up like Maynard in the dumpster, when Bartolomeo catches him sneaking on Luffy?
Old 2013-11-13, 18:03   Link #23
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
King Riku won't be turned into a toy. Trebol carefully chooses which ones shall be turned into toys, and leave the others with no memories of them. If King Riku were to be turned into a toy the citizens of Dressrosa would forget everything about him, and that wouldn't be good for Doflamingo's interests.
Eh, i'm not so sure. Namely, when a person forgets their memories fill in the blanks but in an imperfect way. I mean a mother will forget her husband despite having a son; and yet she doesn't really question who her son's father was. If the people forgot about King Riku, they might just fill in the blanks with another non-toy member of the family, or simply think their was no king before Doflamingo showed up... but they would still remember the soliders slaughtering them and Doflamingo saving them and thus probably still lvoe him. Though if they forgot about the royal family that would mean forgetting about why they hate rebecca. It can get very complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Any way does anyone know why don Chinjao was also left alone? Does his kings haki play a role or is there another reason?
It could just have been a way to show that he had forgotten his Grandchildren. We see the memory loss in action just as we see the toymaking happening and how quickly it works

Here's another question... will one of the strawhats get turned into a toy? With the tragedy that goes along with forgetting someone dear, i would think that would be something powerful for the strawhats to have to deal with. Though the other question might be which one... if it were Luffy, that would make things especially complicated for the others when it comes to filling gaps in their memory since he played such a big role in getting them all to where they are today.
Old 2013-11-13, 19:12   Link #24
ellifeedn
Thinker

I have just thought of a theory: What if the people aren't being turned into toys? What if everyone's minds are being manipulated into thinking the people are turned into toys?
Old 2013-11-13, 21:24   Link #25
marvelB

^That..... sounds sorta convoluted. Oda isn't really the sort of person who would do something so needlessly complex (that would be more along the lines of something Araki would do though, lol ).

Er yeah, pardon my tardiness, but I had a busy day today. On the plus side, my being late means that I caught the non-crappy translation! Anyways, I want to say that I also agree that Riku most likely won't be transformed into a toy. After all, the people's hatred towards him was the reason why Dofla was able to steal the throne from him in the first place, so it doesn't make much sense to erase everyone's memories of him, IMO. And as SlayerX said, even if he does get transformed, the blame would be transferred to those next in line to the throne, and that would make no sense either since those people are either already dead (Scarlet), forgotten (Thunder Soldier), or too young at the time to be capable of committing such atrocities (Violet, Rebecca). So yeah, I don't see Riku becoming a toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Are we going to see another 1 hit K.O with Bellamy, or is he going to end up like Maynard in the dumpster, when Bartolomeo catches him sneaking on Luffy?
Honestly, I strongly doubt that Bellamy will follow through with the assassination. Personally, I think it's more likely that Dofla/Diamante are leading him into a trap, probably as punishment for losing in the B-block. It's already clear that he and Luffy don't hold any more ill will towards each other, after all.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Also mystery loli was loli ten years ago, what. The hell is up with her.

Yeah, that I found that interesting, too. Either she's a midget or she somehow has a power similar to Bonney's, lol. Actually, if we put the toy people to mind, it's possible that she's a living doll or something, as well......

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Who said shes not going to join eventually?

I don't doubt that she's an important friend and ally of the crew, but I see no reason why she would join. Her dream (exploring the surface world) is something that can be easily accomplished with the support of her family. In what way would going on a dangerous journey and fighting a bunch of enemy pirates be a better method for her to achieve her dream?
Old 2013-11-14, 06:33   Link #26
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hahaha... Robin's face...

yes! since there is a legitimate successor, Rebecca could join the crew if she could show any extraordinary ability...
well, a princess become a pirate is something to be look for

I must retract my previous thinking about Viola using Sanji... She's a nice person after all...
Old 2013-11-14, 07:05   Link #27
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If anything, this just improves Rebecca's chances for joining the crew instead of Viola
This occurred to me as well, Viola could hold down the fort instead of Rebecca once Dressrosa has been liberated. On the other hand, I still don't really see any good reason for Rebecca to go out to sea. Also, I can't imagine she would leave right after being reunited with her family.
Old 2013-11-14, 07:55   Link #28
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I understood it that way, that the memory loss only works on humans. So whoever is turned into a toy is forgotten by all the other humans, but not by those who were previously turned into a toy.

So turning the grandchildren into toys first makes the Don forget about them, but they will still remember their grandfather, when he is turned into a toy a few minutes later. But since he thinks he is alone, he won't start a revolt, because he has nothing to fight for.

Though technically I think it's a bit stupid to turn the people into toys, while the tournament is still running.
How do they explain "winner of block A/B/C", if nobody remembers that there were other contestants in the first place?
You mean Chinjao starting a rampage as a toy?
If so, how? I mean they apparently don't have any free will (in the beginning at least) so it's not like he's able to do anything.

It could just be like Slayerx said and be nothing more then a demonstration of the memory loss.
But I agree it's a bit odd that they immediately changed all those competitors into toys, I can't imagine there not being any sort of backlash for wiping all those memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
You're right, it doesn't make sense for Doffy's family to eradicate the memories of king Riku willingly.
But the thing is: Will they notice in time, that one of the fighters in their "prison" is the long lost king? After all he was participating anonymously and the pit is pretty dark. What if they transform him without knowing who he is.

I'm really interessted in the exact mechanisms of the memory loss. Does the person who is responsible for this remembers the people? Or is he affected as well? Can he exclude others from the memory loss? Like: Does Doffy remember those people, or does he also forget them?
I doubt it would happen but just speculating about what could happen is interesting since it's such a complicated power.
I'm also wondering what has happened to their original bodies. I had the strange idea that instead of literally being turned into toys they actually had their "souls" removed and those "souls" are stuffed into toys. However this would leave the question of what they did with the original bodies, it also makes returning everybody to normal impossible (we would be seeing a lot of walking skeletons... Brook would be happy, the others not so much).
Old 2013-11-14, 08:24   Link #29
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
...I had the strange idea that instead of literally being turned into toys they actually had their "souls" removed and those "souls" are stuffed into toys. However this would leave the question of what they did with the original bodies, it also makes returning everybody to normal impossible (we would be seeing a lot of walking skeletons... Brook would be happy, the others not so much).
I think that might be a possible way how they turned into toys, we already have people lost their shadow and have their shadow placed into a dead body (Moria Devil Fruit Power), or people have their mind/soul being swap each other (Law Devil Fruit Power).

If in thriller bark people need to hide in the shadow to survive, in this case, may be when people (their soul injected) turned into toys, doflamingo crew have their body collected in a storage or something (like in the Matrix movie).

If that how things happen, I think when someone turned into toys they still need their real body to make the devil power fruit woked.
Old 2013-11-14, 14:18   Link #30
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 728
Not a bad chapter. I am glad we are moving back to the coliseum. I am curios to see how Bellamy will try and kill Luffy if he goes through with it. A person who has mantra is harder to kill.

Crack in the Armor?
Viola's past and fruit (Giro Giro No Mi) are very interesting. If there is more to her power she might be able to undo Trebol's toy powers has well has spread truth and bring Mr. Soldiers uprising to reality. Right now the key fact that connects the people and the toys is the memories. When a person is turned into the toy the the loved ones forget them. But why does the guy who is turned into a toy retain them? What happens when the loved ones who have lost their memories are restored? The Straw Hats need to get to Viola, Rebecca, and Thunder Soldier(Rebecca's Biological Father) together. Then Viola needs to share Thunder Soldier's memories with Rebecca to see what happens. I think that might undo Trebol's powers has well has undo toy ability? If this works they need to find a way to amplify Giro Giro No Mi's power or substitute it with something else. I wonder what happens if a toy dies? Does that memory get lost for ever or does the power undo itself? I wonder if the curfew play another role besides being in the factory? If this theory is true then I find it odd that Daflamingo would allow a person like Viola to live knowing that she could undo everything.

New Recruits
I think out of Rebecca or Viola I think Viola would be a good addition to the crew. Viola's power gives the Straw Hat another job role they need badly, the scout. With Rebecca in the crew it is another fighter in the crew(that goes for Jimbi has well). It would be very surprising if Oda allowed two people to join from one arch.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-11-14 at 15:38.
Old 2013-11-14, 20:28   Link #31
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I have just thought of a theory: What if the people aren't being turned into toys? What if everyone's minds are being manipulated into thinking the people are turned into toys?
Possible but knowing Oda probably not the case. Oda doesn't super complicate things ( In a way that is how he has been more consistent than other writers in same genre).

Quote:
I know, that's why I said would and not will. I'm just wondering what the effects would be.
Could be funny though if they did change him by accident.

Any way does anyone know why don Chinjao was also left alone? Does his kings haki play a role or is there another reason?
It could be. I have had this theory for a long time but i have always thought there is much more to Kings Haki than fearing people. Probably they can out power ( reverse, defend, ...) against other kind of Haki and devil fruit powers.

Like how the Admirals were able to handle Haki attacks in whitebeard ward and vs rayleigh.

Also most recently Doflamingo got out of ice. He was able to do it because his heart wasn't frozen and stuff. But still how did he get rid of the effect? My guess is King's Haki.

There could be a possibility that Doflamingo can't turn him to Toy because of that.

As for The king, maybe it's because of the deal he made with Violet. i highly doubt the king could be "that" strong as to avoid turning into the toy.

Another possibility ( if not Haki related) it could be that Doflamingo might be trying to make a deal with Happou navi ( I.E. don chinjao).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
hahaha... Robin's face...

yes! since there is a legitimate successor, Rebecca could join the crew if she could show any extraordinary ability...
well, a princess become a pirate is something to be look for

I must retract my previous thinking about Viola using Sanji... She's a nice person after all...
You don't need to be extraordinary in terms of power to join the strawhats.

Luffy doesn't really care about that. Also if and when she joins, she will get the power up as needed imo.
Old 2013-11-14, 20:34   Link #32
marvelB

It really doesn't make sense for Rebecca to join Luffy after this whole conflict is settled. She has a grandfather who was framed by Doflamingo, spent the better part of a decade as a target of the Dressrosans' wrath as a result of the aforementioned plot (which ALSO resulted in her mother's death, remember), and even specifically said that she wanted to stay by Thunder Soldier's side (this last one being VERY important now that it's been confirmed that he's her actual father). Why would she suddenly decide to go out to sea with pirates after settling all of the above issues? She'd basically be abandoning everything she fought so hard for during that whole decade, and that would not be very good storytelling at all, I'm afraid......

It's a similar issue with Violet/Viola, as well. It was clearly pointed out this very chapter that she chose to work under Dofla so he would spare the former king (who is HER father). Why should she suddenly up and run out to sea with pirates, which would just risk her FURTHER jeopardizing the Riku family's reputation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
New Recruits
I think out of Rebecca or Viola I think Viola would be a good addition to the crew. Viola's power gives the Straw Hat another job role they need badly, the scout.

The scout role can easily be covered with Brooke (you know, the whole astral projection thing)? Violet's ability would have a better use in helping to protect Dressrosa from future threats once Dofla and his gang are ousted from the throne. Similar deal with Rebecca, should she gain the mera mera powers (and even if she doesn't, she at least has enough fighting prowess to become a soldier in the Riku army or something). Yes, I definitely believe both princesses would be needed most in their home country.....
Old 2013-11-14, 21:29   Link #33
AdventSleeper

Shorter flashback than expected, that was nice. Some good info this chapter.. but I really loved the Enel faces, especially Robin's.

As for the ministory, is Caribou going to be imprisoned by Drake or something? And that meat pie sure sounds delicious..
Old 2013-11-14, 22:06   Link #34
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It really doesn't make sense for Rebecca to join Luffy after this whole conflict is settled. She has a grandfather who was framed by Doflamingo, spent the better part of a decade as a target of the Dressrosans' wrath as a result of the aforementioned plot (which ALSO resulted in her mother's death, remember), and even specifically said that she wanted to stay by Thunder Soldier's side (this last one being VERY important now that it's been confirmed that he's her actual father). Why would she suddenly decide to go out to sea with pirates after settling all of the above issues? She'd basically be abandoning everything she fought so hard for during that whole decade, and that would not be very good storytelling at all, I'm afraid......
Ya, Rebecca is missing one important trait that every strawhat needs; a reason to go with the strawhats and travel the world. From everything we know about her, her dreams begin and end on Dressrosa. Her dream is essentially to live happily with Thunder soldier (which she does know is her father). Why would she leave Dressroa when freeing Dressrosa dn cureing the toys (which is the likely end result of this arc), will give her exactly what she wants?

Same could pretty much be said of violet aswell. She doesn't really have much of a reason to leave Dressrosa... I guess you could maybe try to claim she fell in love with Sanji and thus wants to go with him; but that would mean leaving all her fmaily behind just as she got them all back together and free, and also i think Oda doesn't much care for love being taken seriously amongst the strawhats (so it seems unlikely he's gonna make any established pairings).
Old 2013-11-15, 03:43   Link #35
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Going by the regular One piece formula, the king should take his country back. But what is different is that Doflamingo is part of the celestial dragons and have a lot of (unknown support) from inside WG.

So at the end of the day will the country return to the king and his family? or will the WG ( or Doflamingo) keep the power.

Another possibility is for revolutionaries to take over the country.

Question is why would the WG side with the king over Doflamingo.

I guess Doflaming's underground work ( especially with kaidou) could help the King to make his case so we shall see. Also would the WG care if it was revealed it was Doflamingo's doing? Dofla's puppet ability doesn't seem to be a big secrete any ways.
Old 2013-11-15, 05:03   Link #36
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:

It's a similar issue with Violet/Viola, as well. It was clearly pointed out this very chapter that she chose to work under Dofla so he would spare the former king (who is HER father). Why should she suddenly up and run out to sea with pirates, which would just risk her FURTHER jeopardizing the Riku family's reputation?
Sad story is poor excuse not to join
Their sad story is to me is kinda irrelevant and not a good reason to not join the Straw hats. Robin and Nami both lost their mothers to brutal people, Franky kept Thomas Pluto designs hidden from the WG and the WG took Thomas away, what about Jinbe's situation. Jinbe has similar status and responsibilities like Viola and Rebecca when it comes to country and duty. He says one day he will meet up with the Straw Hats. Which arch do you think it will be? The Straw hats have there fair share of sad stories, struggles, lost love ones, and their fair share of sacrifice. What will be left for Rebecca and Viola when Dalfamingo is defeated or loses control of Dressrosa? What if Rebecca or viola do the same like Jimbe and decide to join later after the responsibilities are finished?

Quote:
The scout role can easily be covered with Brooke (you know, the whole astral projection thing)? Violet's ability would have a better use in helping to protect Dressrosa from future threats once Dofla and his gang are ousted from the throne. Similar deal with Rebecca, should she gain the mera mera powers (and even if she doesn't, she at least has enough fighting prowess to become a soldier in the Riku army or something). Yes, I definitely believe both princesses would be needed most in their home country.....
Brooke is Jack of all trades master of none
Brooke's astral projection does not compare to Viola's powers at all. Shoot even Luffy's mantra is better then that.
Old 2013-11-15, 09:32   Link #37
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Brooke is Jack of all trades master of none
Brooke's astral projection does not compare to Viola's powers at all. Shoot even Luffy's mantra is better then that.
And you know this how? We don't even know how far out Brooke's soul can leave his body. Technically Robin can do the same thing as Viola, albeit to a lesser scale from what we've seen. But most importantly, what combat prowess/capabilities does Viola have? Because that's ultimately what will determine if she can really contribute to the crew. Simply being a scout is not enough.
Old 2013-11-15, 10:30   Link #38
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
Is Brooks a master swordsmen like Zoro? Besides music can you tell me what other skill he has mastered or excels at? I didn't know Combat/prowess and capabilities were mandatory Nami and Usoppe got in just fine without it. Being a scout offer a huge advantage and that is just scratching the surface of the Giro Giro No Mi when you look at it. Now she does have fighting capabilities(not on par with some of the other Straw Hats). She did demonstrates her combat abilities with Sanji by saving him from the goons. She is not completely helpless.
Old 2013-11-15, 11:12   Link #39
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

All the female characters introduced in this arc are boring, Not to mention the fact Oda draws them all too similarly. I hope none of them end up joining.
Old 2013-11-15, 16:44   Link #40
marvelB

Quote:
Sad story is poor excuse not to join
Their sad story is to me is kinda irrelevant and not a good reason to not join the Straw hats.

You are once again missing my point. The issue here isn't that the characters have a sad past, but what path the future holds for them. Both Rebecca and Violet have too many strong ties to their homeland to just suddenly decide to leave with pirates. Like I said in my last post, they'd just be putting to waste all of the hard work and sacrifices they made over the past decade if they were to set sail as soon as Dofla is defeated. They would want to stay and help undo all of the damage that Doflamingo and his goons have caused. They'd have no room in their schedule for going out adventuring with pirates.

Quote:
What if Rebecca or viola do the same like Jimbe and decide to join later after the responsibilities are finished?

By that time the Straw-Hats' adventures would most likely be looooong over, lol. But like I said earlier about Shirahoshi, it's pretty much inevitable that the Riku royalty (as well as the Tontatta tribe) will be important allies of the Straw-Hats, so that's about as close to "nakama" status as they're gonna get, if you ask me.
Closed Thread