AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-07, 19:39   Link #181
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Hmmm... that wasted 20-something minutes of my life. I had no idea what the heck was going on... T_T
Old 2007-07-07, 21:23   Link #182
Flarey
Fandub Voice Actor Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardslash02 View Post
So there has been no official announcement, just this video, I take it?
That video is pretty much the announcement.
Old 2007-07-07, 21:34   Link #183
velocity7

Kinda missed this one guys:

http://zepy.momotato.com/2007/07/06/...oto-animation/

Quote:
Lucky Star ex-director, Yamamoto Yutaka, has apparently left Kyoto Animation since June and has become freelance, according to his official mixi community and an interview in Otona Anime magazine. Yamamoto Yutaka is often known by fans for having been responsible for 50%~70% of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu’s success, and many have expected him to have become the director for the 2nd season. The reason for leaving Kyoto Animation is not yet known.

I can’t really call 100% reliability on this yet because I haven’t seen the magazine interview myself however.
Old 2007-07-07, 22:13   Link #184
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Those who found the video pointless, should go read the novels or wait for the 2nd season.

Maybe you should read novel 3 right now so that you can whack yourself in the head for thinking that you've wasted a portion of your life watching the video.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2007-07-08, 00:19   Link #185
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Those who found the video pointless, should go read the novels or wait for the 2nd season.

Maybe you should read novel 3 right now so that you can whack yourself in the head for thinking that you've wasted a portion of your life watching the video.
Well I read the novels and know the point of the video, but I still didn't watch the whole thing as it would have been a waste of time for me since I already knew what it was going to be about. It kind of makes me appreciate what it might be like to have the job of reviewing security camera video tapes.
Old 2007-07-08, 00:27   Link #186
The Sphinx

Quote:
Yamamoto Yutaka is often known by fans for having been responsible for 50%~70% of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu’s success
Oh that's cute. Percentages!
Old 2007-07-08, 00:36   Link #187
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Yamamoto Yutaka is often known by fans for having been responsible for 50%~70% of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu’s success
He's also responsible for 100% of the suckage in the the first 4 eps of Lucky Star.
Old 2007-07-08, 01:27   Link #188
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Haru-tard refers to those who are unable to think critically about the show. I *love* SHnY but that doesn't mean I don't realize it has a few faults or issues.
You would think so, because what you wrote makes a lot of sense. However, it's used more indiscriminately, and it is done so by design. Harutard is a corruption of Narutard, and I'm pretty sure it was coined on 4chan as part of a Haruhi backlash. (If it's intentionally offensive, Internet-born, and it has even a tangential relationship with Japan, there's a good chance 4chan was somehow involved.) These backlashes are fairly common and always stupid. Currently, there are Lucky Star and Gurren Lagann backlashes.

In case you were wondering, I believe the expression "moe blob" was originally coined for Mikuru, but it is now used for any character who is viewed as being moe for the sake of being moe. "The slut" is Yuki, for reasons that escape me, but it's best to call her that it in the form of a question. Tsuruya is Lol-tan, and she still has goddess status. Ryouko is also still held in high esteem, because she's a little unstable. And that's my lesson for the day on the curious vernacular of 4chan.
Old 2007-07-08, 01:36   Link #189
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sphinx View Post
Oh that's cute. Percentages!
I often wonder how these numbers are calculated. It's doubly curious as I suspect these statistics are quoted by people who have trouble with counting.
Old 2007-07-08, 01:40   Link #190
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yamamoto Yutaka leaving KyoAni for real (velocity 7's post) would be a disaster for KyoAni, in my opinion. As far as I can tell, he was the guy with something special: he wrote and directed the Haruhi ED and the LS OP and first ED, as well as the Haruhi concert ep and the Yuki reading ep: the things that were most interesting.

He did direct an episode of LS a couple or three back, but that would have been done by June, so it could be true he left then. Bad for KyoAni, good for anyone else who uses him as well as they did. Hopefully, they can still use him. Artistically, he set the tone for this show. I don't think the change of directors made much difference. The writers, storyboarders and episode directors remain the same.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-08, 01:44   Link #191
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Er... if the change in directors didn't make much difference, then why is it so bad that KyoAni lost him?
Old 2007-07-08, 04:49   Link #192
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Yanno, one reason I don't really come into this subforum (or certain others) anymore is because I really don't want to have to turn every single discussion into a defensive justification about why I like something or other.

I'm willing to debate when it comes to it, but not on a forum where I just want to be a fan, and enjoy something without that thing being slammed and denigrated.
Old 2007-07-08, 11:04   Link #193
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NibelungTaisa View Post
But nonetheless, was Clannad the Spring anime/game which ties into Key's theme with Kanon being winter and Air being Summer? If so, then maybe Haruhi will fill in the time gap needed to launch Clannad in the spring. But imo, I think Haruhi for this fall is a bit too sudden. As for me I am wishing for a Clannad then Haruhi. Still great news either ways.
Yes it would seem that it has a spring theme and just because it has such a theme doesn't mean it has to be shown in it's respective season. Also, if the themes of those animes/games is as so, then what would be Fall?

If anyone is offended by my offtopic response, don't take it personally.
Old 2007-07-08, 13:15   Link #194
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
would be Fall?
Planetarian

@dkellis: The Haruhi threads used to be a really nice place, but recently it's become weighed down with it's share of idiots (at least it isn't as bad as the Claymore forum), which makes it difficult to keep any kind of proper discussion going.
Old 2007-07-08, 14:12   Link #195
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Planetarian doesn't really have seasons, according to its setting...the closest I can think of for Fall would be ONE, but that's tecnically Tactics, not Key/Visual Arts (same actual people, though).

AIR wasn't broadcasted during the Summer either, so I don't think Kyoto Animation is bound to the story's season.
Old 2007-07-08, 14:30   Link #196
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I'm willing to debate when it comes to it, but not on a forum where I just want to be a fan, and enjoy something without that thing being slammed and denigrated.
There is a problem, though, when those fans denigrate anyone else who has any other judgment on the show other than "ITS TEH MOST AWSOM SHOW EVAH!!!ONE!!!!!ELEVEN!"

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-07-08, 17:13   Link #197
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
There is a problem, though, when those fans denigrate anyone else who has any other judgment on the show other than "ITS TEH MOST AWSOM SHOW EVAH!!!ONE!!!!!ELEVEN!"
Although it would be important to guage your audience. Here on AnimeSuki, it's more like preaching to the choir, and the choir may take such a comment the wrong way. Especially if you don't show proper discrimination.

It's also a problem when a person can't even express their love for a show without being accused of being a ****tard.

Last edited by Mirrinus; 2007-07-08 at 17:23.
Old 2007-07-08, 18:29   Link #198
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Yamamoto Yutaka leaving KyoAni for real (velocity 7's post) would be a disaster for KyoAni, in my opinion. As far as I can tell, he was the guy with something special: he wrote and directed the Haruhi ED and the LS OP and first ED, as well as the Haruhi concert ep and the Yuki reading ep: the things that were most interesting.

He did direct an episode of LS a couple or three back, but that would have been done by June, so it could be true he left then. Bad for KyoAni, good for anyone else who uses him as well as they did. Hopefully, they can still use him. Artistically, he set the tone for this show. I don't think the change of directors made much difference. The writers, storyboarders and episode directors remain the same.
Nah, I don't think he'll be missed. Now if Ishihara Tatsuya left, that'd be a completely different story. He's the real heart of Kyoto Animation, IMO.
Old 2007-07-08, 20:14   Link #199
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Here on AnimeSuki, it's more like preaching to the choir, and the choir may take such a comment the wrong way. Especially if you don't show proper discrimination.
Anyone is free to take my comments however they want to, and whoever feels I was referring particularly or generally to him or her is free to do so, too

(I can at least say that I wasn't particularly talking about you, Mirrinus ).

Quote:
It's also a problem when a person can't even express their love for a show without being accused of being a ****tard.
Of course! There are also shows which I'm deeply in love with and would however not stand a chance under a proper objective light, or that could be interpreted differently by many people. However, I don't go around bashing anyone who doesn't feel that Aria was the best slice of life series of the history of anime, for example.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-07-09, 01:28   Link #200
TheWindKnight
FuuxFerio 'till the end

Send a message via AIM to TheWindKnight Send a message via Yahoo to TheWindKnight
Guys, guys, this release is a thing of joy, not arguments.

I'm just gonna state my opinion here. I LOVE picking apart Season 1. Heck, I even started to pick at the promo (it was dated yesterday--does that make today 3 years ago??) The purpose of a "discussion" (as in discussion board) is to state both the good AND the bad. Like, "hey, I totally hate episode 7 (airing order) for this reason, that one and that one," seems to be perfectly understandable. In order for something to be perfect, it must have faults. yes, i know. That was a paradox. Don't bash people for finding those faults... Haruhi is not perfect. Kanon is not perfect. Nothing is perfect.

did any of that make sense? because if it didn't i just made a total idiot of myself.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen