AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-15, 10:58   Link #14501
kitten320

Huh? So Moka's mother was not simply one of the lords but was actually their leader? Above them all? Damn! she must have a lot of power yet she looks so innocent! How does Akua plan to beat her?

Also didn't quiet get... is that monster her relative or something?

Good to know that Akuha had really cared for Moka and that she wasn't completly pretending. Also seeing this cute side of Moka is a bit weird when you remember how cold she mostly is nowadays...

So Kurumi can enter dreams and memories? I hope she won't pop up in the middle of the fight... that will kinda ruin the moment.

Damn, I want new chapter already!
Old 2010-06-15, 11:04   Link #14502
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Ah I looked back and there's two different versions I seen. One says live with her mother and the other says sent away by mother. Guess we'll find out in chapter 32 for sure...
Which chapters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Actually, she said it's not hereditary, which means it's not passed onto the children by birth. Only by absorbing their blood can they gain their power.
That really is cheap though. So, anyone who gets a hold of the blood becomes a shinso? That's like a contradiction to the meaning of the word and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
So Kurumi can enter dreams and memories? I hope she won't pop up in the middle of the fight... that will kinda ruin the moment.
She will interrupt at the worst possible moment. Some key memory that would be really, really helpful will not be recovered because of her rescue. I'm sure there is a trope for it, lol.
Old 2010-06-15, 11:11   Link #14503
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

That really is cheap though. So, anyone who gets a hold of the blood becomes a shinso? That's like a contradiction to the meaning of the word and all
Yeah, it does seem to be kind of cheap. There has to be another way, though, or Alucard and Moka's mom wouldn't have become shinso's themselves.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2010-06-15 at 11:26.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 11:17   Link #14504
Chris38

Quote:
Which chapters?

That really is cheap though. So, anyone who gets a hold of the blood becomes a shinso? That's like a contradiction to the meaning of the word and all.

She will interrupt at the worst possible moment. Some key memory that would be really, really helpful will not be recovered because of her rescue. I'm sure there is a trope for it, lol.
Chapters from 1 to 5 of Season II have two different TL .. at least those are the only ones I could find.

Well, to me some of them are a little better then the most common ones and seem better to read, but that's only my personal opinion, the other ones have been made by Animesigma , and are pretty rare to find nowadays, since the group that made them, doesn't seem to have them anymore (from what I have seen, when I looked for them ) Unfortunately I don't really remember where I got them from in the end, so I doubt it's something I could help you with DragoZERO)
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 11:20   Link #14505
kitten320

Quote:
NO! I have nothing against Kurumi but if that will happen, then I'll strangle her.
Old 2010-06-15, 11:39   Link #14506
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yeah, it does seem to be kind of cheap. There has to be another way, though, or Alucard and Moka's mom wouldn't have become shinso's themselves.
Yeah. I also get the feeling that if it really is as easy as inheriting/stealing blood, that would mean Tsukune has Shinso blood, but I also tend to think that it would be much harder for him to control his Vampire powers if he had Shinso blood. I think there's a certain condition that needs to be fulfilled before one can make use of that power. That could also be the reason Akuha is searching for Moka presently.

I could come up with a theory and say that the Shinso blood is alive and chooses whether or not it wants its carrier to inherit its powers once it enters his/her bloodstream. It has accepted Akasha, but if Akuha did manage to get Akasha's blood, the Shinso blood did not accept to offer her its power. Instead, it offered her its power on the condition that she can get Moka on her side or at least get Moka close to her in some way. Only then will she be able to make use of the Shinso's power.

However, considering Akasha's power, I seriously doubt Akuha could beat Akasha. Akasha has the blood of a Shinso vampire. Akuha doesn't. Akuha's chances are pretty weak, but it's also pretty clear that Akuha is present and Akasha isn't, which could only mean that she defeated Akasha at the very least but did not obtain Shinso's power, hence why she is searching for Moka. So another theory came to my head which claims that while Akasha may have had the power before, she has lost it when she gave birth to Moka. Moka inherited the power and Akasha no longer has it. To avert attention away from Moka, Akasha gave Moka the rosary so that nobody would be able to sense that power coming from her, and she sent her away in order to protect her. Akuha only realized that when she defeated Akasha, and that's why she's after Moka now.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 12:14   Link #14507
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ch.31 was amazing, the leader of the three great dark lords is actually Akasha :O I'm even more amazed that Moka is considered an adult at the age of 10 (call me a weirdo but I think it's way too soon:P). Alucard's design seems familiar, wonder in which boss I've met him before...the plot's great though, Akuha joined the family just to get the "monster in the basement" and ofc, world domination. If there's a way to tag people as evil, it's definitely world domination^^ Kurumu entering their minds is a good idea, maybe she can see how Akuha fights and then beat her when they get back to the real world
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 12:21   Link #14508
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I don't think that acquiring the Shinso blood is the real trouble - if it was, Akasha wouldn't have time to rest for all the attempts to kill/kidnap her. I think that the Shinso blood is so potent that even a vampire might 'die' or be otherwise incapacitated if their body cannot accept the blood. So it might be a matter of 'can you handle it' type thing. Moka has the highest chance since she is Akasha's blood daughter.

As Takeo said, it's probably a reason, if not the reason, why Akuha has tried being so close to Moka and to get her to her 'side'. But as Moka-chan herself said, they are night and day in terms of personality, ambitions and the like.

I wonder...just how much power does a Shinso vampire wield... Apparently all the things that we've seen from Moka and even Kahula obviously pale in comparison to what a Shinso is capable of doing. *shivers*
Old 2010-06-15, 12:34   Link #14509
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
. Also seeing this cute side of Moka is a bit weird when you remember how cold she mostly is nowadays...

!
That's why I said, its her original personality and I m guessing, that's how she will be when both the halves of her personality finally merge together and become one. I dont want the pink hair though, she looks much better with her silver hair
Old 2010-06-15, 12:44   Link #14510
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I wonder...just how much power does a Shinso vampire wield
Apparently enough to rule the world...it took another Shinso with company to take down Alucard, and even then his body was left intact. What I wonder is, who on earth could possibly be stronger than a Shinso...assuming Akuha beat Akasha, she can't be just a vampire.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 13:19   Link #14511
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

There seems to be a lot of inconsistency here. Ikeda better be careful as he continues on. It's important to keep a continuum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
That's why I said, its her original personality and I m guessing, that's how she will be when both the halves of her personality finally merge together and become one. I dont want the pink hair though, she looks much better with her silver hair
I'm a sucker for pink and purple hair sometimes. But with Moka, I prefer the silver simply because her hair is not pink. It's brown. The anime changed it to pink and that's what stuck. Stupid anime.
Old 2010-06-15, 13:36   Link #14512
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Spoiler for snip:
Well first of all, we still don't know everything about Shinso vampires to predict what kind of outcome injecting Shinso blood into a human is going to be ... though since the power of a Shinso vampire is much more stronger compared to an ordinary vampire, so with such highly potent blood being injected inside him Tsukune should have much more problems with controlling his abilities then what he has displayed so far ... if his transformation proceeded normally of course.

I mean that we shouldn't ignore the Headmaster's involvement in Tsukune's transformation when he sealed Tsukune's Vampire Blood, to protect him from becoming a Ghoul (Rosario + Vampire Season I, chapter 24, page 10) and also told Tsukune that the Lock hasn't been made for him (Rosario + Vampire Season I, chapter 28, page 18) ... it has already been made revealed that the Headmaster is also quite enjoying withholding crucial part's of information like when he sent Ruby and Tsukune to a spatial dimension which has been created by the Headmaster and named Paradise, but the Headmaster didn't mention that it was a paradise made for rare and already nearly extinct monsters , which pretty much shows the type of person that the Headmaster is.

Also with Mikogami being one of the companions of Akasha who is evidentially is a Shinso vampire ... do you think Mikogami wouldn't be able to recognize another Shinso vampire, and act accordingly if the said vampire injects his blood into a human, since if Moka is a Shinso vampire (even if she isn't aware of that) I really doubt she would be able to hide something like that from the Headmaster.

So if Tsukune has been injected with the blood of a Shinso don't you think that the Headmaster was somehow able to take control over Tsukune's "transformation" and mostly return Tsukunw to the he was, before he has been injected with Moka's vampire blood ... well with a few changes along the way, but still Tsukune was able to regain control over his body.

I mean we still don't really know how exactly complicated Tsukune's Holy Lock is ... and who knows it might be as complicated as Moka's Rosario ... for Tsukune to be able to keep his power\s at check during most of the time.

Of course there is still a lot we don't know about Shinso blood as well as Shinso vampires, but I wouldn't minimize the Exorcist being involved with Tsukune's transformation ... since with him being one of Akasha's companions I think he could easily sense and discover that Moka is a Shinso vampire .... and as a result he could definitely have some means to seal the power of a Shinso vampire and Moka's Rosario is probably a perfect example of that.

Though I definitely agree that acquiring the blood and power of a Shinso vampire isn't easy and it probably involves more then just taking the blood of a Shinso vampire to gain their power's ... though it's probably something that we will learn more about in the next chapter ... since with this chapter ending with Akuha trying to get Akasha's blood and Shinso power's, in the next chapter we are bound to learn more about that.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-06-15 at 13:54.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 13:41   Link #14513
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
There seems to be a lot of inconsistency here. Ikeda better be careful as he continues on. It's important to keep a continuum.
It doesn't seem that there is a restriction to the number of Shinso that can exist. It's just Alucard was one that was bent on the the destruction of the human race. Akasha was another Shinso who showed up to stop him.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 13:53   Link #14514
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I suppose we do really need the next chapter....

And little Kokoa is adorably funny.
Old 2010-06-15, 14:11   Link #14515
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Spoiler for snip:
That's assuming Akua actually got some of that power. Chances are that she didn't, or it's incomplete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
My poor Kurumu she never get's a break...

Spoiler for shorthand:
Well, some of that could explain why Moka is so protective of Tsukune, and why she tried to get him to go back to the human world when she thought he was just getting in the way of the fights she was dealing with at the time. Probably because Akasha got seriously hurt or killed because Moka got in the way herself, and learned that lesson the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Chapters from 1 to 5 of Season II have two different TL .. at least those are the only ones I could find.

Well, to me some of them are a little better then the most common ones and seem better to read, but that's only my personal opinion, the other ones have been made by Animesigma , and are pretty rare to find nowadays, since the group that made them, doesn't seem to have them anymore (from what I have seen, when I looked for them ) Unfortunately I don't really remember where I got them from in the end, so I doubt it's something I could help you with DragoZERO)
The only way that I've found to get a hold of Animesigma releases is to go to their IRC channel (Animesigma @ irc.irchighway.net) and download the chapters off of their FTP Bots there. Other than that, it's pretty hard to get much from them, if they've been doing much these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Spoiler for snip:
That's an interesting theory, and probably likely if Moka got it inherited by birth from Akasha. That would set a president for what's to come, and may have influenced some of Tsukune's growth to date as well. But we'll know for sure in the coming chapters.
Old 2010-06-15, 15:59   Link #14516
GrimJack

Quote:

I'm a sucker for pink and purple hair sometimes. But with Moka, I prefer the silver simply because her hair is not pink. It's brown. The anime changed it to pink and that's what stuck. Stupid anime.
You are wrong about that. The cover of Volume 1 of R+V shows Moka with pink hair, though it is my belief Outer Moka's hair is supposed to be Auburn.

GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 16:09   Link #14517
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
You are wrong about that. The cover of Volume 1 of R+V shows Moka with pink hair, though it is my belief Outer Moka's hair is supposed to be Auburn.

If it wasn't the anime then it was something else. It was first described as brown.
Old 2010-06-15, 16:14   Link #14518
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Prediction. Tsukune is the reincarnation of Alucard :O
Old 2010-06-15, 16:15   Link #14519
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Ch.31 was amazing, the leader of the three great dark lords is actually Akasha :O I'm even more amazed that Moka is considered an adult at the age of 10 (call me a weirdo but I think it's way too soon:P).
Actually in the past kids were not considered kids, they were looked at like small adults. And since vampires live for generations, they probably follow those old rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Yeh, probably though I do hope that there will be more of her current adult side. and yeh, white hair all the way.
Old 2010-06-15, 16:35   Link #14520
GrimJack

Quote:
If it wasn't the anime then it was something else. It was first described as brown.
yes, it was something else.... it was the Ikeda drawing her that way.

I am not saying you have to like it or anything.

Auburn is Brown with red tint hence could be represented in drawing as pink...maybe lol
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire