AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 21:25   Link #1761
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I am glad to see Shiratoudai's second player is not a monster
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 21:28   Link #1762
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well, the English translation seems to be out. Dunno how long it will take to be uploaded to the usual places though.
Old 2012-08-10, 21:56   Link #1763
orangejuicetang

Oh my Yuu, why are you so badass?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 21:57   Link #1764
The Green One

If Yuu seems badass now, we should wait and see how episode 13 will animate this chapter.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 21:57   Link #1765
Kyuu
=^^=

I look forward to Episode 13.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 22:07   Link #1766
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Claiming herself the best first-year high schooler in Japan, Izumi made a grave mistake... It's like...

Izumi: I'm the best first-year high schooler in Japan!
BAMMM!!! RON!!!
Izumi: Huh?!
Sumire: Were you saying something?

If Izumi is the best first-year high schooler in Japan... then what do we call Saki?

I'm putting my money that Awai is either a foreigner or a returnee...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 22:35   Link #1767
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
If Izumi is the best first-year high schooler in Japan... then what do we call Saki?

What do we call Saki? El Diablo.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 22:57   Link #1768
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
What do we call Saki? El Diablo.
The Godhand. You know, from Berserk!? :P
Old 2012-08-11, 01:51   Link #1769
RJ TAYLER

So Archer not quite a match for Gil so far.....an interesting development too coach wise, fortress Shiratoudai not quite built on solid foundations, chinks in the armoury block. So looking forward to the next few chapters.
Old 2012-08-11, 02:41   Link #1770
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Hey guys, guess what just got translated.

No, seriously, it's out.

Spoiler for "Chapter 13":
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
She didn't exactly look a ball of fun when playing!
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 02:59   Link #1771
JW1

I think this chapter might be the best so far. Much as I enjoyed Toki's and then Teru's match domination, it's nice to see a fairly even match with some to-and-fro between the players. What's more, we finally get to see some proper evidence that Achiga do have some ability after all. The Achiga background scenes there did more to raise their credibility, IMO, than anything we've seen thus far. Was that originally planned, I wonder, or did word get back that readers/viewers were seeing this as Senriyama-hen?
Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-11, 03:30   Link #1772
Sol Falling

I do like Achiga (and Yuu), but frankly this match so far does not strike me as any sort of evidence for their individual abilities. There is nothing unique or characteristic about Yuu in the way she's dominating Sumire; her performance thus far can be entirely chalked up to Akado's completely overpowered identification of Sumire's tell/weaknesses. Seriously, while I do think Yuu is a (possibly much) better player than Izumi, in this case the lead/advantage she's playing with is ridiculous. Izumi and Sumire's performance this time has basically nothing to do with their actual individual merits/abilities, and more with failures of coaching.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 05:29   Link #1773
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Izumi is like the prase:

"Empty can with loud sound"
or
"The dog's bark without biting"

Still don't know her game style
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 06:02   Link #1774
JW1

I've just noticed something. The other day we saw this leaked picture:

Spoiler:

But now we see this one:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-11, 06:11   Link #1775
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post

Spoiler:

But now we see this one:

Spoiler:
Raw ones(The one in the first spoiler) are the real ones. Don't know why about the bottom one. Maybe the guy who scanned this is Saki x Teru shipper?

Me: But they are sisters. The shipping is impossible. *Beam Rifle'd the guy*

Someone's credibility is dropping fast.

Spoiler for Chapter 13 scans:
Old 2012-08-11, 07:58   Link #1776
night_sentinel

Quote:
That line on Teru's face makes a big difference. In the first picture, Awai is pressing her head into Teru's cheek in a very intimate manner. In the second, she is just reading over Teru's shoulder. Which is it? Has the first been doctored by an Awai x Teru shipper? Has the latter been censored by an anti-shipper? I demand to know!
I think the second one is the right picture. It works better in context since Teru and co are looking for signs of Sumire's tell... Beside, Teru looks better in the second picture, the first picture makes her look fat.

Anyway, as I've said before that picture is sinking the Teru x Awaii shipping for me... because even if the first picture is the right one, Teru's thought bubble says 'Sumire'.

Though, I wouldn't discount this shipping pair, but right now barring anymore interaction, I think Teru x Sumire has a higher chance of happening than Teru x Awaii. Heck, Sumire x Awaii is also a possibility since Teru specifically asked Awaii if Sumire has any sort of tell, either Awaii has some sort of ability like you've said or Sumire is closer to Awaii that Awaii might be able to see any tells that Teru might have missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive
But they are sisters. The shipping is impossible. *Beam Rifle'd the guy*
I wouldn't discount the Saki x Teru pairing because they are sisters. Considering most siblings that are introduced are 'close' - Kuro and Yuu and the Atago sisters in the main manga wherein Kinoe is undoubtedly a siscon for Hiroe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I do like Achiga (and Yuu), but frankly this match so far does not strike me as any sort of evidence for their individual abilities. There is nothing unique or characteristic about Yuu in the way she's dominating Sumire; her performance thus far can be entirely chalked up to Akado's completely overpowered identification of Sumire's tell/weaknesses. Seriously, while I do think Yuu is a (possibly much) better player than Izumi, in this case the lead/advantage she's playing with is ridiculous. Izumi and Sumire's performance this time has basically nothing to do with their actual individual merits/abilities, and more with failures of coaching.
I agree with Sol, this chapter really managed to show that Akado is a good coach. It raised Achiga's overall competency for me since a good coach is always a plus in my books. But, as Sol have said it really didn't really show that Yuu is objectively better than Sumire.

Achiga's advantage right now relies on the simple fact that they know Sumire's tell which is a precarious situation because the moment Sumire becomes aware of this habit the advantage that Achiga has is lost and Sumire can snipe them as much as she wants.

Its even more precarious since Shiraitodai is now aware that Sumire has some sort of tell that is giving herself away and is actively searching for it. Even if they don't find this tell in the sergeant match, we can bet that they will find it before final match rolls about.

Quote:
H
And Shindouji makes another win right after that And speaking of that, it seems Shindouji has more of a plan than just using Kirame as a meat shield against Teru. One has to wonder why they would make one of their players change styles like that since they've already faced Shiraitodai before and found their way in. Maybe the prospect of facing both Shiraitodai AND Senriyama forced their hand.
[/SPOILER]

I'm really liking Shindouji as time goes on. They're like the dark horse of the semi-finals and I think that they actually have a decent chance to make it considering that they're arranged from the weakest to the strongest. So they'll give a stronger showing as time goes on and considering that Yoshiko is actually showing that she's non-canon fodder... in fact Yoshiko won the most hands right now even if they are cheap... So yeah.

Regarding Izumi... lol.
Its really too bad that her claim of being the strongest first year is looking empty right now. Though, I do believe she is a good player... just not the strongest rookie right now with Saki and maybe Awaii in the picture. Come to think of it, wasn't Saki in the same position as Izumi in her last match being the sole first year player among third years...

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2012-08-11 at 08:27.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 10:34   Link #1777
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
I think the second one is the right picture. It works better in context since Teru and co are looking for signs of Sumire's tell... Beside, Teru looks better in the second picture, the first picture makes her look fat.
Erm... Look at how it is taken. Isn't it too real to be wrong? Plus, scans sometimes cause some lines to become faded, hence, both are same, but the first one since it is taken with a camera or a phone, is the real picture. Thats how you read it.

I wonder how is Toki right now... Need to buy something from "sweet".
Old 2012-08-11, 11:38   Link #1778
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I have to disagree a bit.

Saying Yuu only win because she just take advantage of Sumire "tell" is a quite unfair

Don't forget that while Yuu takes advantage of Sumire "tell", Yuu has to use her pure skill to avoid getting ron since she don't know which tiles on her hand Sumire is waiting. Yuu can read Sumire hand correctly and successfully avoid the ron. She even can make Sumire deal into her hand.

If Sumire is really good, she should have known that Yuu is waiting to ron off her and change to discard a safe tile insted but all we see is that Sumire just walk into Yuu trap. This is not related to her power being taken adventage at all. It's a misktake in play. Sumire is just over confidence. Luckily, she realized where she should stop.

tl'dr : Yuu took adventage off Sumire "tell" but she used her pure skill to avoid Sumire attack and to ron off Sumire. Sumire's dealing in Yuu hand was her own mistake not because her power was taken adventage.

Quote:

Spoiler:

But now we see this one:

Spoiler:
Maybe they thought it was an art error and "cleaned" it.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-08-11 at 11:48.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 12:16   Link #1779
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Oh, Sou-Sou's image commentary on the newest Achiga-hen chapter is up. Given how the 10th image in the series matches up with the initial RAW , I think we can say now that the one where Teru's cheek is squished by Awai's head is the correct one.

For the full series of images, it's here: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=29307388
Old 2012-08-11, 12:29   Link #1780
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
She didn't exactly look a ball of fun when playing!
True, but you can't unleash Enuma Elish on someone without some passion.

Also, I believe it's Harue who deserves credit for this early win against Sumire, even if only to acklowledge the fact she is actually doing something now (though it really is because of her). Seriously, Yuu at least managed to hold some ground in the previous match, but poor Harue had done nothing of value until now. It's time for coach to get some credit.

If it's any consolation, judging from Izumi's comment, it seems there really is no easy solution against Yuu's draws, at least so far.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri