AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-03, 14:55   Link #1721
EXbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Pretty much. She thinks they are fun. Doesn't care to know too much, but knows more than she lets on. She likes hanging around Haruhi because its fun. She was already friends with Mikuru and she likes Kyon (not a surprise). She's curious about Yuki and Itsuki has a deals with her to use places to keep Haruhi entertained (the island mansion could possibly have belonged to her family).
And the whole Snowy Mountain thing was due to her correct?
Old 2012-10-03, 15:14   Link #1722
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The part where they go to her place in the mountains to go skiing and have a mystery based on the cat, yes. The rest of the incident and the other house, no. She and Kyon's Sister were back at her house while the SOS-dan was skiing.
Old 2012-10-04, 00:15   Link #1723
ijuinkun

Quote:
Unknown. (unless it was from one of the computer games that answer that one). As far as the novels go, that one is still a mystery.
The PSP game "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku" had Mikuru(Adult) coming back in time to upload the version of the movie that Kyon had finished AFTER the festival, since he had been unable to do it all in time. In the Mikuru route of the game, Kyon actually wakes up in time to catch her in the act of doing it.
Old 2012-10-04, 08:40   Link #1724
EXbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
The PSP game "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku" had Mikuru(Adult) coming back in time to upload the version of the movie that Kyon had finished AFTER the festival, since he had been unable to do it all in time. In the Mikuru route of the game, Kyon actually wakes up in time to catch her in the act of doing it.
God damn, why is this info exclusive to a game? Does it have an English version? What platform is it on?
Old 2012-10-04, 21:28   Link #1725
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

No English version, and it was released on the Sony PSP. Check this thread for more information: The Games of Haruhi Suzumiya
Old 2012-10-04, 21:35   Link #1726
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXbob View Post
God damn, why is this info exclusive to a game? Does it have an English version? What platform is it on?
Well the nearest Haruhi game that is translated is only The Promise of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Old 2012-10-04, 22:48   Link #1727
ijuinkun

This game IS "The Promise of Haruhi Suzumiya" . . .
Old 2012-10-04, 23:46   Link #1728
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
This game IS "The Promise of Haruhi Suzumiya" . . .
Stupid me. I was thinking of the OTHER untranslated PS3 game.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:24   Link #1729
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
I'm debating with myself whether to buy the official English LN series from amazon or buy the DVDs, any suggestions you guys can offer to help me make a decision?
Old 2012-10-30, 13:21   Link #1730
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
I'm debating with myself whether to buy the official English LN series from amazon or buy the DVDs, any suggestions you guys can offer to help me make a decision?
Well, Bandai will ship out their final batches of DVDs in late November, so the R1 DVDs (and movie BD) are about to go out of print with no guarantee that it will be re-licensed. Personally, I think someone will re-license it, but they may not carry the extras that Bandai included. Conversely, Yen will continue to keep the novels in press, so you can hold off on purchasing those for the time being. I'd go with the DVDs ASAP.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-10-30, 13:53   Link #1731
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Well, Bandai will ship out their final batches of DVDs in late November, so the R1 DVDs (and movie BD) are about to go out of print with no guarantee that it will be re-licensed. Personally, I think someone will re-license it, but they may not carry the extras that Bandai included. Conversely, Yen will continue to keep the novels in press, so you can hold off on purchasing those for the time being. I'd go with the DVDs ASAP.
What kind of extras are we talking about? And what do you mean by R1?

Are there any possibilities that more of the novels will get adapted or does the anime franchise end with the movie?
Old 2012-10-30, 15:17   Link #1732
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
And what do you mean by R1?
Region 1 for DVDs. Here's a primer with a helpful map.
Old 2012-10-30, 15:44   Link #1733
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are several novels that take place after the movie. The anime to this point ahs done all of LNs 1-4 and most of LN 5 and 6. There are still some short stories in 5 and 6 that need doing and there are still LN 7-11 out there.

I think the suggestion was that the DVDs might not be avalible much longer while the LNs will still be around for a while. At least in North America.
Old 2012-10-30, 17:19   Link #1734
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
What kind of extras are we talking about? And what do you mean by R1?
spawn already brought up R1, but it's the DVD region for North America. The two R2 regions (Japan (for one format) and Europe (for the other)) will still have it in print at the end of next month. Bandai included the extras such as "making of" clips, location scouting clips, making of the music video for the 2009 OP single, commercials, and ASOS Brigade (one of Bandai's marketing techniques for the franchise) on their DVDs. The other two major players in R1, Funimation and Sentai Filmworks, often leave out extras like these so its probable that the only R1 release that will have these extras are the ones from Bandai, which go out of print next month. That's why I recommend them over the light novels, which Yen will keep in print for much much longer.

Quote:
Are there any possibilities that more of the novels will get adapted or does the anime franchise end with the movie?
There's always a possibliity. Haruhi is one of the few franchises that has sold tons of DVDs, novels, manga, and was one of the first big merchandise selling franchises in the recent late night anime boom (of course Eva was one of the first and there's always the toy anime like Gundum). It's always rumored that there's more in the works. To be honest, we don't know. The next animation work from Kyoto Animation has not been announced, but it's possible that it could be Haruhi. We, and the JP fans, don't know what's coming next.

Old 2012-10-30, 17:21   Link #1735
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No one knows what lurks in the heart of KyoAni's studios. Not even the Shadow knows.
Old 2012-10-30, 19:23   Link #1736
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Quote:
There are several novels that take place after the movie. The anime to this point ahs done all of LNs 1-4 and most of LN 5 and 6. There are still some short stories in 5 and 6 that need doing and there are still LN 7-11 out there.

I think the suggestion was that the DVDs might not be avalible much longer while the LNs will still be around for a while. At least in North America.
Quote:
spawn already brought up R1, but it's the DVD region for North America. The two R2 regions (Japan (for one format) and Europe (for the other)) will still have it in print at the end of next month. Bandai included the extras such as "making of" clips, location scouting clips, making of the music video for the 2009 OP single, commercials, and ASOS Brigade (one of Bandai's marketing techniques for the franchise) on their DVDs. The other two major players in R1, Funimation and Sentai Filmworks, often leave out extras like these so its probable that the only R1 release that will have these extras are the ones from Bandai, which go out of print next month. That's why I recommend them over the light novels, which Yen will keep in print for much much longer.

There's always a possibliity. Haruhi is one of the few franchises that has sold tons of DVDs, novels, manga, and was one of the first big merchandise selling franchises in the recent late night anime boom (of course Eva was one of the first and there's always the toy anime like Gundum). It's always rumored that there's more in the works. To be honest, we don't know. The next animation work from Kyoto Animation has not been announced, but it's possible that it could be Haruhi. We, and the JP fans, don't know what's coming next.
All your answers are very much appreciated. Thank you all (including you too Ithekro)
Quote:
No one knows what lurks in the heart of KyoAni's studios. Not even the Shadow knows.
Lol Will I be missing out on much if I decide to get the LN instead?

Last edited by Student no.0; 2012-10-30 at 21:37.
Old 2012-10-31, 03:55   Link #1737
cafeconlenin

Why no scanlation group is working on the manga "The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi"? It's currently at volume 16 and the last volume available in english is number 5. This seems weird given its high popularity.
Old 2012-10-31, 05:31   Link #1738
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafeconlenin View Post
Why no scanlation group is working on the manga "The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi"? It's currently at volume 16 and the last volume available in english is number 5. This seems weird given its high popularity.
Why work on something that's available in English every 3-4 months?

Old 2012-10-31, 06:46   Link #1739
cafeconlenin

Quote:
Why work on something that's available in English every 3-4 months?
By who? Yen Press? but it takes more than a year, after its release in Japan, before they get a volume done. And for people outside non-English-speaking countries is somewhat troublesome to get their hands on it.
Old 2012-10-31, 08:00   Link #1740
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafeconlenin View Post
By who? Yen Press? but it takes more than a year, after its release in Japan, before they get a volume done. And for people outside non-English-speaking countries is somewhat troublesome to get their hands on it.
That's due to licensor restrictions and the other titles they work on. The other big reason people stopped working on it in the Eng. fandom is due to dislike of the manga version in comparison to the novel/anime versions. If you don't like it and it's being officially released in English, you'd prefer to work on something else you enjoy to broaden its fanbase.

Closed Thread