AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 13:01   Link #28721
FalsePrime

Damn, Bandai love to use TGII and lock him behind the Online Hobby shop.

Either way, I will get both a White Unicorn and TGII, but I wish they were regular releases.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 13:19   Link #28722
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Damn, Bandai love to use TGII and lock him behind the Online Hobby shop.

Either way, I will get both a White Unicorn and TGII, but I wish they were regular releases.
As annoying as it is, I'm glad that a MG Tallgeese II is even being made. I'll probably save up some money and get it through GG Infinite since they seem to be the best place to get limited edition MG kits in the US aside from eBay, where I run the risk of severely overpaying.
Old 2013-01-18, 13:38   Link #28723
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@RG Zeta Karaba: yep already saw this coming from a mile away. If they can do "Deactive version" this will be a no-brainer. Now, if i still have money to spare, this will be instant pre-order! Awaiting the local store's pre-order announcement for this .

@MG Tallgeese II: an exclusive? Now that's kinda disappointing. Never thought that it's gonna be an exclusive. Meh, I like Talgeese II, but not so much to spend abnormal amount of money for it. Still expecting Tallgeese III (not being exclusive).
Old 2013-01-18, 13:43   Link #28724
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
@RG Zeta Karaba: yep already saw this coming from a mile away. If they can do "Deactive version" this will be a no-brainer. Now, if i still have money to spare, this will be instant pre-order! Now awaiting the local store's pre-order announcement for this .

@MG Tallgeese II: an exclusive? Now that's kinda disappointing. Never thought that it's gonna be an exclusive. Meh, I like Talgeese II, but not so much to spend abnormal amount of money for it. Still expecting Tallgeese III (not being exclusive).
I suspect they're going to release the MG Tallgeese II under the "EW" line even though they'll probably use the TV version. Or maybe we'll see it get an actual EW treatment.

I'm thinking that around the time the MG Tallgeese II is release, we will also see a MG Wing Zero (TV) get a release as well as remastered versions of Wing EW and Wing Zero EW.

Tallgeese III IMO has a good chance of getting a regular release.

I'm actually also disappointed. I think it would've been better if they just released the MG Tallgeese III and included the parts to convert it to Tallgeese II and charged like 5500 Yen; kinda like what they did with the 1/100 HG version that came out years ago.

I'm still curious about the others:

Sandrock Custom
Heavyarms Custom
Nataku

Hoping/assuming they get a regular release. Sandrock Custom shoudl also come with that cape thing. That would be cool, and if not then I'm ok. Nataku.. I hope they can pull off the Twin Dragon gimmick and make sure it isn't loose. It would be cool if it had like flame effect parts.

Serpent Custom would be an awesome release. That I wouldn't mind as an online exclusive, but again a little disappointed that Tallgeese II is an online exclusive. I'll pick it up, but I mean really..

I hope it isn't like as expensive as the MG Nu Gundam Ver. Ka or require me spending as much as I did with the MG 00 Riser Trans Am.
Old 2013-01-18, 16:06   Link #28725
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
I suspect they're going to release the MG Tallgeese II under the "EW" line even though they'll probably use the TV version. Or maybe we'll see it get an actual EW treatment.

Tallgeese III IMO has a good chance of getting a regular release.

I'm actually also disappointed. I think it would've been better if they just released the MG Tallgeese III and included the parts to convert it to Tallgeese II and charged like 5500 Yen; kinda like what they did with the 1/100 HG version that came out years ago.

I'm still curious about the others:

Sandrock Custom
Heavyarms Custom
Nataku

Hoping/assuming they get a regular release. Sandrock Custom shoudl also come with that cape thing. That would be cool, and if not then I'm ok. Nataku.. I hope they can pull off the Twin Dragon gimmick and make sure it isn't loose. It would be cool if it had like flame effect parts.

Serpent Custom would be an awesome release. That I wouldn't mind as an online exclusive, but again a little disappointed that Tallgeese II is an online exclusive. I'll pick it up, but I mean really..
I like how you say III have a good chance then say you r curious about the remaining 3 EW Gundams

By all logic those 3 have a HIGHER chance of being made over any other EW kit atm for a regular release

Putting the MG kits together like the old 1/100 would never work in MG form, mainly because it would be too expensive, and the colors are very different especially regarding II, the only way to work around that would be to mold everything in white and leave it up to the buyers preference as to what colors to paint, which will kill the MG quality out of the box

Nataku EW was never shown to be using the flamethrowers, so its most likely that feature was not included in Katoki's design, also flame effect part would look......fake and lame imo and only serve to weigh down the complicated arm balance when extended

Bandai would never make a brand new kit for an online only release, bad move, and a Serpent will depend on how well the rest of the EW line is recieved and if there is high enough demand

As for Tallgeese 2 being online only.....well I want III so its nbd, but it sucks for those who liked 2 the best
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 18:04   Link #28726
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I like how you say III have a good chance then say you r curious about the remaining 3 EW Gundams

By all logic those 3 have a HIGHER chance of being made over any other EW kit atm for a regular release

Putting the MG kits together like the old 1/100 would never work in MG form, mainly because it would be too expensive, and the colors are very different especially regarding II, the only way to work around that would be to mold everything in white and leave it up to the buyers preference as to what colors to paint, which will kill the MG quality out of the box

Nataku EW was never shown to be using the flamethrowers, so its most likely that feature was not included in Katoki's design, also flame effect part would look......fake and lame imo and only serve to weigh down the complicated arm balance when extended

Bandai would never make a brand new kit for an online only release, bad move, and a Serpent will depend on how well the rest of the EW line is recieved and if there is high enough demand

As for Tallgeese 2 being online only.....well I want III so its nbd, but it sucks for those who liked 2 the best
While I agree the flame effect parts being dumb given what we just saw of Altron EW it's likely that Flame Throwers could be added back. As it stands Katoki has added the Tail Stinger and what could be the Wing's on Altron for Glory and Frozen, so the Flame Throwers wouldn't be out of the question.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 21:01   Link #28727
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Be going to get 2 RG zeta-3 even though have complete the set for the MG :3

For tallgeese II , I'll take wait & see approach.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 22:15   Link #28728
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
While I agree the flame effect parts being dumb given what we just saw of Altron EW it's likely that Flame Throwers could be added back. As it stands Katoki has added the Tail Stinger and what could be the Wing's on Altron for Glory and Frozen, so the Flame Throwers wouldn't be out of the question.
Yes I admit there is a possibility of the flamethrowers being added back in (like how they gave Heavyarms EW his TV knife), but the flame effect parts definitely no lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Be going to get 2 RG zeta-3 even though have complete the set for the MG :3

For tallgeese II , I'll take wait & see approach.
O_O how much did all 4 of those cost?
Old 2013-01-18, 22:50   Link #28729
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:

O_O how much did all 4 of those cost?
Normal & hd get way before last year. Only done the normal ver
Extra finish & Z-3 manage to get this mth of high price of sgd $364 total

Normal ver 2

Last edited by duotiga; 2013-01-19 at 01:18.
Old 2013-01-19, 07:52   Link #28730
suiton629
Master Grade Master

MG Astraea...MG Astraea Type F.
Those should get MG's. I've been building the 1/100 No Grade Astraea lately and I already see things here and there that I'm sure an MG release would improve.
Old 2013-01-19, 10:18   Link #28731
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
MG Astraea...MG Astraea Type F.
Those should get MG's. I've been building the 1/100 No Grade Astraea lately and I already see things here and there that I'm sure an MG release would improve.
off course an MG release would improve a HG model, it's just that the 1/100 HG (or NG) is so good that the MG's improvements would not be that striking, compared to other suits. 1/100 HG 00 gundam models are great for their price!
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 10:20   Link #28732
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I guess.
So far I got done making the head, body, both arms, most of the GN Proto Sword, shield, and waist. I just have to work on the legs now.

Been a while since I worked on a GunPla kit and I'm actually having some fun even though the usual BS of polycaps flying from your fingers and then disappearing only to be found after moments of frustration, and those BS tiny stickers.. >_<
Old 2013-01-19, 11:36   Link #28733
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Extra finish & Z-3 manage to get this mth of high price of sgd $364 total
My God . Well, good for you duo. I certainly will not spent $350+ for two pieces of MGs. I will only spend those amount of money for a PG or two.

Oh, and speaking of different paint/finish, If I already have one Zeta 2.0, for the extra finish, I will certainly buy Zeta 1.0. Strange, I know, but when it comes to buying two models of the same MS, I prefer to have two different iterations of it rather than two exact same models (no matter how excellent it is) only with different finish. Of course, if you're rich, you can clear yourself the trouble and buy them all .
Old 2013-01-19, 11:40   Link #28734
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
My God . Well, good for you duo. I certainly will not spent $350+ for two pieces of MGs. I will only spend those amount of money for a PG or two.

Oh, and speaking of different paint/finish, If I already have one Zeta 2.0, for the extra finish, I will certainly buy Zeta 1.0. Strange, I know, but when it comes to buying two models of the same MS, I prefer to have two different iterations of it rather than two exact same models (no matter how excellent it is) only with different finish. Of course, if you're rich, you can clear yourself the trouble and buy them all .
Then you must think I'm crazy for spending about 2/3 that amount getting the MG 00 Raiser Trans Am.
But then again I don't buy nearly as much GunPla as many of you here. Just the 00, Wing, and Age MG kits (and few exceptions with 00 getting the 1/100 No Grade kits).
Old 2013-01-19, 18:01   Link #28735
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:

Blame me for a perfectionist....regret previously sold off MG zeta-3 last time , now at least happy to get it back

Have preorder 2 of RG zeta-3 also

I don't fix PG btw
Old 2013-01-20, 00:38   Link #28736
Skye629

I think all of you guys are crazy, then again you guys probably got jobs

The MOST I have ever spent on a kit was MG Wing ($55 with shipping)

The MOST I have ever spent total was $115, and that included stuff that my brother paid me back for

It sucks being a college student when it comes to spending cash T___T
Old 2013-01-20, 00:53   Link #28737
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

The MOST I have ever spent total was $115, and that included stuff that my brother paid me back for

Well, of course we have jobs . My parents will kill me if they see my stacks of Gunpla bought with their money (which are not). IIRC suiton has a job even though he often complain that it's a shitty job, and duotiga also buys multiple kits so that he can display some at his office.
Old 2013-01-20, 05:23   Link #28738
RX93-2
White Unicorn

I used to pay for them with my part-time job even during uni; I didnt buy a lot because I paid my own education, but I worked fulltime in the summers so that helped.
The exchange rate was much more favorable though a few years back and I doubt I would have even half the kits now just due to the mental barrier of the raised prices.

In more on-topic related stuff:
I hope we get the inevitable HGUC FA Unicorn Gundam with episode 6 instead of 7.

Last edited by RX93-2; 2013-01-20 at 06:36.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 06:48   Link #28739
maknaedik

After a month long, I'm proud to present my MG 1/100 Sinanju ver Ka

I'll have some more pics next weekend. I need sunlight for more beautiful pics

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 07:35   Link #28740
bio9205
Reborn

That looks frigging sweet, maknaedik. Unfortunately I haven't found the time to work on my Sazabi and try out the topcoating tips you mentioned. Hopefully in the next few weeks. Might try a flatcoat for my Rozen Zulu, which I'm going to paint up. (My first time! My good friend has kindly loaned me his airbrush, which will be parked in my house indefinitely. )

Quote:

Don't worry, I'm in a similar predicament. Rarely buy kits because of this, and MGs are too expensive for me, so I try to stick to HGs. Been working temp jobs this year and I'll be enlisting in the army soon, so I'll have more cash to spend on gunpla!

Also: duotiga, you're crazy. Wish I could be you. Zeta and Unicorn are amongst my all-time favourite MS as well.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy