AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 20:31   Link #40581
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Prime reference for Tsurugi's eventual IS:

Granted it will be alot more streamlined and she gets a longsword + six wing bits instead of the rifle and the tri-barreled arm cannon.

Inami's Minerva Noa looks identical but he gets the rifle and arm cannon AND a longsword as well. (Noa is meant to be a guardian unit to Tsurugi's IS which would explain it sporting more weapons)
Old 2013-02-27, 20:57   Link #40582
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Soo... I'm almost done with the prologue of my ff, only need to finish the middle of the chapter. It is a somewhat of an action prologue set in the near future on a post apocaliptic world.
Maybe in a day or two i'll publish the prologue on FF.net.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 21:25   Link #40583
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
I'm inspired by that too, but not in appearance, more performance and style

It's full armor and quite large, but most of the bulk is fuel tank, thruster, and battery. Can be jettisoned to reveal a fairly smallish I.S. (so the large body is actually a [Fortress])

@ Strigon
Congrats

But I'm interested, what kind of post-apocalyptic? the kind of "We're recovering" or "It'll always get worse" type?
Old 2013-02-27, 21:31   Link #40584
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

The appearance would be similar since it has the necessary vernier placements for zero-g movement :P

As for the Fortress, sorta like the Huckebein's Boxer armor albeit fully covered?
Old 2013-02-27, 21:46   Link #40585
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, the definition is "Full body external attachment that boost the original unit's battle capabilities to much greater degree". The principle of fortress is bigger stick, basically the equivalent of Mobile Armor.

Of course this means no arena fighting, suck at CQC, and visible trail of logistic (no free fuel or material, lotsa repair and spare parts etc).

On the left is the real I.S. under the fortress, notice the similar-looking floating thruster
Old 2013-02-27, 22:04   Link #40586
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@zero

The type of "the world is FUBAR", with emphasis on the F

Also, very nice design. I made one too for my ff on sketchup. But is more than several parts joined together than a real thing.
Old 2013-02-27, 22:05   Link #40587
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

It's like alternating between Super Robot and Real Robot given the differences in the IS and the Fortress' appearance.
Old 2013-02-27, 22:18   Link #40588
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Strigon
Well, if it's anyone who can draw well (instead of messy sketch full of mistake) it's stratos, I think he had a deviantart page. By sketchup, did you mean it's 3D? Awesome

"Shit broke the ceiling at escape velocity" type then.

@ Stratos
Indeed, and even more SRW-like that some of the fortress are larger than resident 'true' (=most cliched) super robot, itself OUTSTRIP golem in raw power and defense, if as slow as walking brick.

Then again, by that point the protagonist is far outnumbered and outgunned, with the enemy mooks, knockoff grunt suit aside, not necessarily less skilled...
Old 2013-02-27, 22:27   Link #40589
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Speaking of knockoffs, having an IS and non-IS sharing identical appearances would probably cause some implications. Then again, its like a jab in the blurred difference between the two especially when both units, despite having different weapons, can dish out just similar offensive firepower individually.

I forgot what was my initial reason for having Inami and Tsurugi's units look the same but I'll definitely find another, hopefully better one. :P
Old 2013-02-27, 22:30   Link #40590
DarkJak2050

Wish I can draw...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 22:33   Link #40591
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
There are two camps of understanding the distinction, this is because the usual canon inconsistencies (or maybe both have their own points)

1. Core provided 90% of ability, the frame only 'shape it out'. In this case, everything from PIC to barrier to crazy-ass weaponry is only an extension of the core, and will not work without core.
2. Core only provide electrical and computer processing power, plus quantum storage (+ parts regeneration and evolution). Everything else is pure handcrafted technology.

The second camp means if you can replace the core, the frame will work. How good is depending on the substitute of course (think your old idea for the battle Armors)
Old 2013-02-27, 22:34   Link #40592
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

@Jak
Well, the one I posted isn't really mine. That's the Weissritter Abend. (Holding the Oxtongue Rifle which is the primary inspiration for the Noa's "Stout Rifle" in the Athena-verse)

@Zero
All borks down to the Core. Though in-story it would cause alot of confusion for the characters... unless they're quick enough to notice the different armaments on both units.
Old 2013-02-27, 23:01   Link #40593
DarkJak2050

[Sighs]

Still got those sketches on the Minerva?
Old 2013-02-27, 23:07   Link #40594
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

All here:

http://stratospear.deviantart.com/gallery/

Though just FYI, all of them are concepts and none actually reflects the appearance of the Minerva in the ongoing story.
Old 2013-02-27, 23:20   Link #40595
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

In mine, any 'knockoff' is basically a frame produced enmasse, then have a substitute unit put inside instead of I.S. core.

There's at least three kind of knockoff that will appear, with distinction basically boils down to retard zombie, degenerate clone, and nonsentient body (context related)

Oh, and because scale of economy, the result doesn't necessarily weaker either. Most frames are of similar quality, it's the core and pilot that made the difference.
Old 2013-02-27, 23:21   Link #40596
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
All here:

http://stratospear.deviantart.com/gallery/

Though just FYI, all of them are concepts and none actually reflects the appearance of the Minerva in the ongoing story.
At least you can draw man...
Old 2013-02-27, 23:40   Link #40597
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@jak

Agreed, I can't draw at all so i had to resort to Sketchup to make the models...

Anyway, on a related note the prologue is almost done, only 2 lines that are still trolling me because i don't know what to put on it... Nah, i'll continue tomorrow... I'm going to play lol

I have a question... what color are ichika's eyes? the anime & novel make things a little confusing
Old 2013-02-27, 23:46   Link #40598
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's either red or brown

EDIT: Chifuyu more or less the same
Old 2013-02-27, 23:52   Link #40599
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

mmm i'll take red. at least if in the anime is to be believed.
Old 2013-02-28, 00:00   Link #40600
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oddly enough, while it's mostly red in the Tv, the blue ray made it consistently brown.

I still like red more still.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest