AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-11, 08:34   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 711 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay guys, here's the spoiler! Once again, Redon from AP provides us with the goods:

Quote:
Chapter 711: Adventures in the land of the Dwarfs

- Robin passed out and has been caught by the Dwarfs.
- The Dwarfs showed their face.
- They searched her whole body.
- Robin woke up and scared them.
- The Dwarfs trusted Robin easily because she said she won't hurt them and won't tell anyone.
- The Dwarfs asked Robin to give them weapons.
- Robin said she didn't have weapons. They didn't believe her and then attacked her.
- A dwarf stopped them and said the other man they caught is hero and Robin is his friend. Another achievement by our lord of lies Usopp.

- Zoro ran with the dwarf named Wicca who stole his sword.
- She told Zoro she have to notice captain the whereabouts of Donquixote Family first and they are about to attack Thousand Sunny(Nami, Brook, Chopper and Momonosuke).

- Rebecca saw the toy soldier run with Franky.
- It seems that there is a love story between Rebecca and the toy soldier.

- 2 mins left until exchange at south east beach, Sanji urgently called Law and asked he to leave Green Bit as soon as possible and said Dolfamingo did not quit the Shichibukai.
- At this moment Dolfamingo came from the sea and already sighted beach.
- At the same time Fujutora asked all forces to leave for south east beach.
- Sanji: Hurry up!
Law: Damn it! It's too late!

End of chapter.

No chapter next week. Chapter 712 will be out on June 26.

Heh, I so called Dofla pretending to quit the Shichibukai. It also looks like he's the one in cahoots with the marines, not Law. Boy, is Trafalgar gonna be screwed.....

And leave it to Usopp to quickly befriend the dwarves two years after becoming friends with giants! And.... Rebecca is in love with the toy soldier? Eh? So I guess that guy was originally human or something? Or is he also a dwarf? Anyways, things are getting real interesting, now.....

And poor Oda, I guess he still hasn't completely recovered from his recent illness, so I'm not really too surprised about the break.
Old 2013-06-11, 10:19   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sucks that we get another break so soon, but if Oda needs it we can't complain. His health comes first.

As expected, this was a trap by Doflamingo. There was no way he was going to comply to the demands of a greenhorn like Law. I'm not so sure Law is screwed yet. He might have an ace up his sleeve.
Old 2013-06-11, 14:43   Link #3
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay guys, here's the spoiler! Once again, Redon from AP provides us with the goods:

Heh, I so called Dofla pretending to quit the Shichibukai. It also looks like he's the one in cahoots with the marines, not Law. Boy, is Trafalgar gonna be screwed.....

And leave it to Usopp to quickly befriend the dwarves two years after becoming friends with giants! And.... Rebecca is in love with the toy soldier? Eh? So I guess that guy was originally human or something? Or is he also a dwarf? Anyways, things are getting real interesting, now.....

And poor Oda, I guess he still hasn't completely recovered from his recent illness, so I'm not really too surprised about the break.
My thoughts:

Dwarves- do they resemble Disney's seven dwarves or Peter Jackson's dwarves from lord of the rings and the hobbit?

Rebecca and the toy soldier- very interesting.

The marines working with Doflamingo- "It's a trap!" Yeah I had to say that catchphrase.

Oda having another break due to illness- he's much like Luffy in that regard.
Old 2013-06-11, 19:19   Link #4
imza

Interesting that Sanji called, I wonder how he got that information.

Also, how do we know that Don is working with the Navy? It could be that the marines are just heading there because they spotted people.
Old 2013-06-11, 19:47   Link #5
shalala

I wonder if all the puppits are actually humans/dwarves but one of Dons people has the DF that allows them to put a person into a puppit or turn them into one.
Old 2013-06-11, 22:48   Link #6
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
If Law kills CC and the Strawhats destroy the smile factory, it will be Doflamingo who will be screwed, regardless of how much he clings to the Government. If that happens, it is likely that Dressrosa will be attacked by Kaido, and that will be the end of his majesty's empire.
Old 2013-06-12, 00:56   Link #7
marvelB

^While what you say is true, I'm not sure that Law is willing to kill off CC so easily, considering how valuable he is (he's supposed to be the only person in the world who knows how to make SAD, barring perhaps Vegapunk). My guess is that it's more likely that Law will make one last desperate blackmail attempt on Dofla instead, since CC is still his hostage.....

Anyway, chapter isn't out yet, but have a little sneak peek in the meantime! Introducing: The Dwarves!

Cute little fellers, aren't they? Credit goes to kaze1028 from AP for the pics!
Old 2013-06-12, 03:39   Link #8
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

BTW, strickly speaking they aren't "dwarves" in the common sense, but "kobito" a generic term for "little people" that encompasses dwarves, elves, gnomes, smurfs, pygmies, Liliputians, etc.

Oda's inspiration of them in One Piece is undeniably Liliputians from Gulliver's Travels.
Robin is even stitched to the ground in the exact same fashion Gulliver was.
One Piece in general takes a lot of cue from Gulliver, heck the entire manga is nearly a modern interpretation of the Gulliver Travels lol.

Of course, the nation of Liliput isn't n One Piece so calling them Liliputians would be silly. Instead, these little fellas belong to the kingdom of Tontatta.
Choice of Dwarves is simply because it's the most generic word to go by.

BTW, they seem to possess superhuman strength, as even just a Tontatta girl who is one of the scouts could crack the road by thumping on it, and repeated thumps sent the cracks to nearby building, put its walls. We've already seen they all have superhuman speed, so these little munchikins are pretty formidable.
They are, however, entirely gullible which makes them perfect followers of Usopp as seen in this chapter.

....... *gasp* I wonder if there are 8000 Tontattas in the kingdom. (referring to yet another Usopp tall tales)
Old 2013-06-12, 05:32   Link #9
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
....... *gasp* I wonder if there are 8000 Tontattas in the kingdom. (referring to yet another Usopp tall tales)
Made me chuckle.
Old 2013-06-12, 05:39   Link #10
yakumo-chan

Quote:

Im starting to think that all ussop's lies are real in the future....

Ussop is the spoiler here... ussop is going to become a captain and will have 8000 followers(dwarves)
Old 2013-06-12, 06:04   Link #11
ronin myael
lost ronin

interesting new chapter. looks like things are finally moving into place and so many bits of info here and there. love the dwarves, they look more like a combination of gnomes, leprechauns and smurfs to me! too bad we won't get a chapter next week.

is this the chapter that odacchi was drawing when kishi visited him in the hospital? lol
Old 2013-06-12, 06:56   Link #12
Kallen4life

dat Robin
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2013-06-12, 07:04   Link #13
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so many things happened

Robin almost get stripped... xD (blushing Robin is the best)
and some 'unrevealed interesting' story between Rebecca and Tin Guy...

the crews are going to face Fujitora now
Old 2013-06-12, 08:16   Link #14
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Three things about this chapter:

1- Oh God, the Kobito/Dwarves/Gnomes are hilarious! I can't get enough of these little guys!
2- Shocked Robin was equally amusing xD
3- Chances of Rebecca as next nakama just dropped considerably
Old 2013-06-12, 08:26   Link #15
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Three things about this chapter:

1- Oh God, the Kobito/Dwarves/Gnomes are hilarious! I can't get enough of these little guys!
2- Shocked Robin was equally amusing xD
3- Chances of Rebecca as next nakama just dropped considerably
or
4- Chances of Rebecca and Mr Robot being the next crew members have entered the ring.
Old 2013-06-12, 08:33   Link #16
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

From the Jump TOC:
Oda is not fully recovered yet, and the editorial decided to put him on a schedule that's not too strenuous to his health, until he's up and running ok.

Just a heads up, there may be a few more breaks up ahead
I think they should, you know, just give him a month off.
Unfortunately extended absence of the most popular manga in the entire country really, really hurts the magazine.
Old 2013-06-12, 08:39   Link #17
ellifeedn
Thinker

Did one of the dwarfs have a Devil Fruit power? Also, Robin almost made a cartoony face.
Old 2013-06-12, 08:42   Link #18
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
From the Jump TOC:
Oda is not fully recovered yet, and the editorial decided to put him on a schedule that's not too strenuous to his health, until he's up and running ok.

Just a heads up, there may be a few more breaks up ahead
I think they should, you know, just give him a month off.
Unfortunately extended absence of the most popular manga in the entire country really, really hurts the magazine.
i am all for a month off, as long as it takes for oda to recover. but i guess business is business and the manga industry just can't afford to not have one piece in it.
Old 2013-06-12, 09:36   Link #19
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i am all for a month off, as long as it takes for oda to recover. but i guess business is business and the manga industry just can't afford to not have one piece in it.
Still better than a magazine with a dead Oda.
Old 2013-06-12, 09:50   Link #20
james0246

What an odd chapter. From the cold opening, to Robin's disjointed dialogue (I assume she is downplaying her abilities so as not to frighten the dwarves?), to Zoro's odd flashback while running (I know Oda has done similar flashbacks before, but they are always odd and disjointed with the story). And of course, Rebecca loving a toy which could be a childhood friend...or it could be a little bit kinky (I guess Mr. Soldier has some "special" modifications...) . I really liked Mr. Soldier commiserating with Franky and vice versa, though; there is just very nice and simple yet still poetic about Franky whose turned himself into a machine empathizing with Mr. Soldier.

I did like the Dwarves. A little too small to really be called a dwarf, but still somewhat fun (I definitely prefer Zoro's companion to those rummaging around in Robin's unmentionables).

Quote:
One Piece in general takes a lot of cue from Gulliver, heck the entire manga is nearly a modern interpretation of the Gulliver Travels lol.
Save for the fact that One Piece is not a satire of humanity or a parody of adventure stories/travels tales, yes you are correct .
Closed Thread