AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2019-06-19, 12:23   Link #821
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So be it, IMO it is a case where it really is a fix - she's the "monk" of the game, even if we went by stereotypes, big boobs are reserved for mages, who don't move around that much.

As for the rest of the news (at least to me), I'm torn; is it really a good idea to make a trilogy out of a complete game? FFVII had its issues, certainly, but its universe has been explored, like it or not, in its spinoffs. Just how much content can be added, and also...is it a good idea? FF is a series already well known for its sidequests and minigames, but splitting the game in 3 basically means tripling those, too. I guess we'll wait and see...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-19, 12:53   Link #822
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
So be it, IMO it is a case where it really is a fix - she's the "monk" of the game, even if we went by stereotypes, big boobs are reserved for mages, who don't move around that much.

As for the rest of the news (at least to me), I'm torn; is it really a good idea to make a trilogy out of a complete game? FFVII had its issues, certainly, but its universe has been explored, like it or not, in its spinoffs. Just how much content can be added, and also...is it a good idea? FF is a series already well known for its sidequests and minigames, but splitting the game in 3 basically means tripling those, too. I guess we'll wait and see...
Do you even remember how big the original game really is? There's like 2 or 3 explorable open world continents (and secret island ls to explore, Midgar which is a world in and of itself and Golden Saucer. Heck, you can even explore under the ocean on a submarine, fly an airship and a tank like vehicle. They can make an entire series out that one game alone, and that's not counting the additional stuff like Crisis Core, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, etc.

Here is a discussion on how much content FF VII has and how much Remake could potentially have with all of the new additions:

https://superbestfriendcast.libsyn.c...eaky-for-girls

2:29:39 - starting point of Final Fantasy VII Remake talk
Old 2019-06-19, 13:22   Link #823
The Green One

So later games. To save disc space will they prevent you from visiting certain places? Certain areas? Perhaps the maps for the locations won't take up nearly as much space as the actual events for those areas.
Old 2019-06-19, 13:36   Link #824
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Most likely. If anything, they will probably allow only some quest chains and dialogues available for certain games.
That's why I'm not surprised Kitase's team isn't sure how many games they will produce for FF7R.
3 games seem to be extremely unlikely because it would force them to put the complete overworld section in game 2 (so everything from Kalm to Temple of the ancients), which is like 4/5 of Disc 1. Even if they manage that tour the force, you have all the side quests (huge materia etc), weapons part and North crater for game 3.
Instead, 4 seems like the sweet spot. As the podcast guys stated, it makes sense to end Game 2 with the party is back to Nibelheim for the first time, and Game 3 is probably going to end around the temple of the ancients or something before weapons show up.

But even then, it is incredibly hard to put content limitation due to certain factors, mostly the side quests such as the Golden Saucer or Wutai. And that's a very rough estimation in general, which can backfire at them once they have to stick with the roadmap. If everything is going to be voiced, that's going to be a major pain since they have to write proper dialogues and direct them too. If anything, the very awkward one liners of the first mako reactor assault were dramatically changed and enhanced with just that scorpion boss fight.

So yeah, I think zones alone aren't the problem. They have to figure out which characters are going to get the extended treatment, and how to spread it properly without killing their dev team or turn that remake into a 10+ years project.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2019-06-19 at 17:21. Reason: typo
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-19, 15:59   Link #825
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
What we have here... Confirmation that Tifa breasts really got censored: https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/0...-remake/86838/
That's not what censorship is.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-19, 16:32   Link #826
The Green One

[SARCASAM]Yes, ensuring realistic body proportions and wearing something for support for her upper body is censorship. What an awful thing to do in a game.[/SARCASAM]
Old 2019-06-19, 16:34   Link #827
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

A gallery of most images released so far https://www.creativeuncut.com/art_fi...-remake_a.html

BTW, those Best Friends seem hard to trust considering in almost all their vids they swear a lot and lately they come across with cheap jokes from what I've watched so far. Matt especially.
Old 2019-06-19, 17:22   Link #828
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Do you even remember how big the original game really is?
To be perfectly honest, no. In my defense, it's been 14 years since my last playthrough. Off the top of my head: meet Avalanche, visit Shinra, hit the slums, go to sector 7 (or was it 8?), gtfo Midgar, reach Kalm, do a boatload of side quests, get Red and meet his german master, reminisce at Nibelheim, enter temple of the ancients, escape from the great glacier, get Vincent and Yuffie, visit Barret's desert town, get ready for sidequests part II, then find the lunar harp in that endless forest, get Cid, go back to Midgar, kill WEAPON and Hojo, get ready for Lifestream action.

I don't think I had a save file more than 110 hours long, though. In comparison, my Monster Hunter save is three times as large, and even my FFX save is 230 hours long.
Old 2019-06-19, 18:20   Link #829
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The original game goes like this
Spoiler for space:

The game is like 40-60 hours. Events are pretty much going very fast one after another considering how the plot is handled. This is particularly noticeable in Disc 1. To me, it makes sense game 2-3-4 are splitted that way to reflect the change of transport for the party, but also the turning point for the plot and the sidequests.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2019-06-19 at 18:32.
Old 2019-06-19, 20:37   Link #830
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
To be perfectly honest, no. In my defense, it's been 14 years since my last playthrough. Off the top of my head: meet Avalanche, visit Shinra, hit the slums, go to sector 7 (or was it 8?), gtfo Midgar, reach Kalm, do a boatload of side quests, get Red and meet his german master, reminisce at Nibelheim, enter temple of the ancients, escape from the great glacier, get Vincent and Yuffie, visit Barret's desert town, get ready for sidequests part II, then find the lunar harp in that endless forest, get Cid, go back to Midgar, kill WEAPON and Hojo, get ready for Lifestream action.

I don't think I had a save file more than 110 hours long, though. In comparison, my Monster Hunter save is three times as large, and even my FFX save is 230 hours long.
The endgame grinding shouldn't be taken in consideration, FFX can be completed in a lot shorter time than 230 hours.

The average completion time of a major FF title and of a JRPG in general is 40-60 hours. This is true for FFVII as well.

Now the Midgar phase takes up a little less than a third of the original game, if they want to create an episode that is as much as long as a major FF title, they need to dilute the existing content and/or add a lot of other stuff to inflate it to at least 3x the original size, but I think it's more likely that it will be shorter.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-19, 21:00   Link #831
The Green One

They're going to have to add several new scenarios to even get 20 hours. They really don't have a choice unless they're going to ultimately blatantly lie about the game length.
Old 2019-06-19, 21:54   Link #832
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
They're going to have to add several new scenarios to even get 20 hours. They really don't have a choice unless they're going to ultimately blatantly lie about the game length.
I'm not so sure about that. Just the added travel time due to the larger maps should add a lot of time on their own. There's a reason the escape time to get out of that first reactor is doubled compared to the original. The sewer in the original was 2 screens and that was it. You can run out of there within a minute or so.

They'll need to add there's no doubt there. Just giving the map room to breathe isn't going to be enough on its own. But they probably won't have to add that much if at all to get to 20 hours. To hit their bigger focus for a full game they'll need to do that no doubt. But if they have turned Midgar into a 2 disc location I'd think they have at least tried to add enough to make that a reality.
Old 2019-06-19, 23:50   Link #833
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm curious if they will add the little mini games in, some of them were great fun from what I recall, there was that battle one at condor place(?), really liked that one.

You know thinking about it I might need to purchase another SSD for this game alone lol
Old 2019-06-20, 12:16   Link #834
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I'm curious if they will add the little mini games in, some of them were great fun from what I recall, there was that battle one at condor place(?), really liked that one.
If they do, I'm all for getting the gold chocobo just to see what they'll do with Knights of the Round animation.
Old 2019-06-20, 12:49   Link #835
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
If they do, I'm all for getting the gold chocobo just to see what they'll do with Knights of the Round animation.
Oh man I remember the first time I got Knights of the Round, tested it out on a bird like creature, think it was some sorta penguin thingy.
Was utterly blown away by it, was awesome but after like the 5th time using it, you did kinda wish there was a skip button

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-06-20, 14:59   Link #836
Kafriel
Senior Guest

@Klashikari thanks for the run-down, it's been a long time indeed.
Old 2019-06-20, 15:07   Link #837
The Green One

The lack of a skip button for the Knights of the Round animation was your punishment for being a cheesing little wimpy baby man for relying on KOTR anyway! Real gamers beat the final boss at level 1 and with no equipment! While blindfolded! And going uphill both ways!

But stupid jokes aside yeah that was annoying. Maybe the remake will add one.
Old 2019-06-20, 18:41   Link #838
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I’m sure the remake will have a skip button and/or a menu option to skip summon animations automatically. Skip buttons/options just weren’t a common idea back then outside of some VNs on PC, they evolved with the growth of games and player-base.
Old 2019-06-20, 18:58   Link #839
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The game is in real time, which means they could simply make the summon do their thing while you resume whacking enemies on the battlefield.

That or they could do the same thing in FFXV, which means no skip possible, but most likely vastly shorter animations. I wouldn't be surprised if Knights of the Round animation will be reworked to look like the one seen in FFXIV but just the ultimate end part.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2019-06-20 at 19:20.
Old 2019-06-20, 21:14   Link #840
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That or they could do the same thing in FFXV, which means no skip possible, but most likely vastly shorter animations. I wouldn't be surprised if Knights of the Round animation will be reworked to look like the one seen in FFXIV but just the ultimate end part.
They can't make animations shorter. How am I supposed to prepare my lunch if supernova is quicker about it's length?

Edit: That actually makes me curious how they'll do boss supers. I know they showed guard scorpion having you hide behind cover. Just makes me curious on what else they'll do.

Last edited by Hooves; 2019-06-20 at 21:39.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg