AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-06-29, 14:14   Link #901
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
set mouths to stunned! A slew of new Heavenly Sword pictures...my goodness!
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2007/0...t-de-l-ame.htm

If you can't read French, don't worry about it. Just click and be amazed of the pretty pictures. Most impressive game on any console I've seen so far, followed closely by Uncharted, Lair, Mass Effect, and Too Human.

This picture pretty much sums up my facial expression
Spoiler:
Pretty easy now to forgive the game for missing the launch window...
Old 2007-07-02, 19:47   Link #902
arias

I almost cannot take Kotaku's anti-PS3 bias anymore.

Boys, please list out all your alternative gaming news sites so I can take a look.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 20:05   Link #903
kujoe
from head to heel

While there is an anti-PS3 atmosphere nowadays, Kotaku is just a mix really. It just depends on the news (or fan bait) of the day. Unfortunately, I don't think there's such a thing as a balanced alternative out there right now.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 21:02   Link #904
GhOsTeDgE

HOT PS3s
Europe gets HDTVs, Canadians get these. I feel soo left out, I demand a car damnit.
So on the color topic, I really think Sony should do that more, take a hint from the DS. The silver PS2 came out when everybody and my grandma already had one so I didn't even bother, and I'm still waiting for my white PSP.
GhOsTeDgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 22:22   Link #905
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
While there is an anti-PS3 atmosphere nowadays, Kotaku is just a mix really. It just depends on the news (or fan bait) of the day. Unfortunately, I don't think there's such a thing as a balanced alternative out there right now.
Well, maybe it's a "mix" because I'm furiously trying to fight off these bastards nowadays. A little teasing and they admit in their next post that they were being "facetious". I mean, it's quite obvious. I imagine some of them could really be Microsoft astroturfers in some form. The hate is just unbelievable.

I don't need a balanced alternative. I need something less PS3-shitty than Kotaku.
Old 2007-07-04, 00:21   Link #906
kujoe
from head to heel

Sorry, can't help you on that one.

Joystiq? Destructoid? It's the same pretty much anywhere else. Well, there's the Playstation blog, but that's limited to news and updates related to the PS3 and PSP.
Old 2007-07-04, 06:35   Link #907
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
I almost cannot take Kotaku's anti-PS3 bias anymore.

Boys, please list out all your alternative gaming news sites so I can take a look.
http://www.siliconera.com

http://www.famitsu.com
http://www.gamasutra.com
http://www.computerandvideogames.com
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/

And occasionally check of some magazine homepages.

The problem with bloggers is, well they're bloggers and don't need
to care about relations with companies,
so they can be really subjective most of the time.
Good thing is that they do actually list the sources,
so you can trace back where the stories originated from.

Magazines and commercial based news sites
can be too objective, and they don't lists their sources,
so some stories and information can bevery questionable.
And if something proofs to be wrong, they rarely apologies
for their wrong doings.

Best thing to do is read the stuff and made up your own thoughts.
Most of the time i ignore the authours/reports own options anyway,
and try to build up my option from the original source of the stories,
reviews of games is a different story.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 12:11   Link #908
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

You own the Collectors Edition, right? I believe you can play with the black pleather tights on Hard Mode, once you finish it you can "unlock" it and use it on other modes I think.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/code/935677.html
http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...hread.id=92586
Old 2007-07-05, 14:39   Link #909
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Oh alright ;P... still too busy myself from buying a PS3 by having fun with DJMP2 & FFT on my PSP while playing FF8 all over again... I miss the good old days...... :<
Old 2007-07-05, 15:15   Link #910
Shin-Getter
Kamen Rider The Next

I'm planning to get a PS3 within this year... but heard that they plan to do some price cuts. If that is the case, I wonder how much they are gonna cut? Well anyways, I want to ask all you PS3 owners something here, so I appreciate if you guys can give me some input. Just wondering, (and sorry if I sound kind a ignorant) can you install all the PS3 games onto the hard-drive? Or is is only restricted to a selected few games? For 60 GB HD, how many games can you approx install in? Thanks in advance....
Shin-Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 15:33   Link #911
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin-Getter View Post
I'm planning to get a PS3 within this year... but heard that they plan to do some price cuts. If that is the case, I wonder how much they are gonna cut? Well anyways, I want to ask all you PS3 owners something here, so I appreciate if you guys can give me some input. Just wondering, (and sorry if I sound kind a ignorant) can you install all the PS3 games onto the hard-drive? Or is is only restricted to a selected few games? For 60 GB HD, how many games can you approx install in? Thanks in advance....
(1) They will likely cut at least US $100.

(2) I don't think you can install all PS3 games onto the HDD. Hopefully someone can help you with that.

(3) Also note that you can easily fix in your own enlarged 160gb HDD.

In other news, Microsoft announces a change to their warranty policy and all from the X360 red-rings-of-death fiasco. Extended to three years, with payback in fees to all customers who've paid. That is EXCELLENT for customers.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160812

However, they're also going to report a US$1 Billion change to their pre-tax earnings because of this. I called it.
Old 2007-07-05, 16:35   Link #912
arias

Shin-Getter, the PS3 price cut seems to be out. It's not fully confirmed:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/plays...-15-275391.php

$100 price cut.
Old 2007-07-05, 17:12   Link #913
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
However, they're also going to report a US$1 Billion change to their pre-tax earnings because of this. I called it.
I would prefer if they fix this issue directly. I wouldn't want to send my unit out for repairs, even if it's for free. That's just another hassle for me. Does anyone know when (or if) those 65nm chips will be used in later Xbox360 units? However, this is a start for the better. At least MS is (finally) admitting that something is wrong with their console.

As for the PS3 price cut, it's not yet confirmed. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2007-07-05, 17:16   Link #914
arias

Quote:
I would prefer if they fix this issue directly. I wouldn't want to send my unit out for repairs, even if it's for free. That's just another hassle for me. Does anyone know when (or if) those 65nm chips will be used in later Xbox360 units? However, this is a start for the better. At least MS is (finally) admitting that something is wrong with their console.

As for the PS3 price cut, it's not yet confirmed. We'll just have to wait and see.
When you send out your unit for repair, they fix in an additional heat-sink this time. Which should cure most RROD happenings (which occur due to overheating). I think that should help plenty.
Old 2007-07-05, 17:17   Link #915
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I've only got Motorstorm so far, but unfortunately you can't install any of it on the harddrive, which is to bad considering the load times can be pretty bad. Updates (v1.2) and expansions (Time Attack) are stored on the harddrive however.

So far I've downloaded a whole bunch of demos and also partitioned 10 Gb for Linux, and I still got over 30 Gb left...
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 20:39   Link #916
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
When you send out your unit for repair, they fix in an additional heat-sink this time. Which should cure most RROD happenings (which occur due to overheating). I think that should help plenty.
Well, if a cooler model is released, I'd rather buy that one. But that's good to hear nonetheless.

Oh yeah, concerning that so-called PS3 price cut...
http://kotaku.com/gaming/truth/retai...cut-275456.php

Still too expensive in my opinion, but I suppose it will help.
Old 2007-07-05, 22:27   Link #917
arias

Quote:
Well, if a cooler model is released, I'd rather buy that one. But that's good to hear nonetheless.

Oh yeah, concerning that so-called PS3 price cut...
http://kotaku.com/gaming/truth/retai...cut-275456.php

Still too expensive in my opinion, but I suppose it will help.
But you get 5 Blu-ray movies free with any PS3 purchase for the next two months or so, if I'm not mistaken. I can't see how that's not a great deal.

The PS3 will now be the same price as the X360 Elite, so any argument about cost will almost be a fanboy issue. I also think it's still too costly for the general gamer market now, but it'll make the console available to another portion of the market which will further generate sales and faciliate price drops in the future.

Or alternatively, Sony could have made the PS3 $399 and charge US$50 a year for its online service and made the money back in three years. Obviously the extra costs for the X360 are hardly factored in by consumers and arguments online. That's just sad.
Old 2007-07-06, 00:30   Link #918
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
But you get 5 Blu-ray movies free with any PS3 purchase for the next two months or so, if I'm not mistaken. I can't see how that's not a great deal.

The PS3 will now be the same price as the X360 Elite, so any argument about cost will almost be a fanboy issue. I also think it's still too costly for the general gamer market now, but it'll make the console available to another portion of the market which will further generate sales and faciliate price drops in the future.

Or alternatively, Sony could have made the PS3 $399 and charge US$50 a year for its online service and made the money back in three years. Obviously the extra costs for the X360 are hardly factored in by consumers and arguments online. That's just sad.
Personally, I thought the PS3 was a better value from the get-go. It comes with a next-gen dvd player of the format that IS winning. Regardless of sony's rhetoric, that IS added value. I'm just shocked that they're lowering the price already. I'm still glad that I bought mine when I did, though. I wouldn't want to risk getting a ps3 without the emotion chip.
Old 2007-07-06, 11:47   Link #919
kujoe
from head to heel

I don't know what to believe anymore...
http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/more-...rop-275588.php

I have a feeling Sony is trying to keep this under wraps until they can announce it themselves, or to prevent their competitors from knowing their intentions. OR, people within Sony are just as confused.
Old 2007-07-06, 12:13   Link #920
Lebron
I hear voices

I think they're just denying it till they make the official announcement at E3. $500 plus, 5 Blu-Ray movies is it? Is there a list of the selection yet? I believe I saw an ad about it in Fry's Electronics, but just figured it was just a special deal they had. Didn't think it was for everywhere. Well that's a pretty good deal in my book. I'm still going to wait to buy one till Black Friday. I know there will be some insane deals out there, and I will ownith thee.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony