AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 16 15.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 20.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 25.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 7.62%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.95%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.95%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 4.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-09, 18:26   Link #21
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ahahaha, iya, iya, brilliant. Really makes my dad, this anime.
Really makes your dad? I need to know what you mean. It's just going to circle around in my head until I understand. like "If it wasn't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college." Misspelling? Reference? Something else?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 18:34   Link #22
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow, so we’ve got a whole bunch of new, random stuff, a retcon on Touma and Mikoto’s first meeting, and chapter 17 from the manga. We are so off the manga now, lol.

And quite unfortunately, in this case; take screenshots kids, ’cause this is one of those RARE times I’ll ever say that the manga was done better. They should’ve stuck with the manga for this one.

7/10. Not bad for sure, but as said.......manga was done better.
Old 2009-10-09, 18:37   Link #23
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Kuroko is your mom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Really makes your dad? I need to know what you mean. It's just going to circle around in my head until I understand. like "If it wasn't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college." Misspelling? Reference? Something else?
////////////////////
.................................................. .................................................. ............
Misspelling...
It was my keyboard's fault! Ore ha warukneeee! Ore ha warukuneeee!
*hides under a rock for an hour*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 18:52   Link #24
Lummie

Talk about having a obsession....

Spoiler for Kuroko's photoalbum:

I gave the ep a 7/10 because of the "Kuroko moments". They are getting too long and i wish they would start already with the story plot instead of focussing on Kuroko's hentai fantasies.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 19:00   Link #25
Midonin
Last Engage

But Kuroko is (was) (will be) the leader of the free world at one point! I will not let the voice of my democratically-elected lesbian schoolgirl president be silenced!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 19:15   Link #26
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wow, so we’ve got a whole bunch of new, random stuff, a retcon on Touma and Mikoto’s first meeting, and chapter 17 from the manga. We are so off the manga now, lol.
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what they are doing with the overall changes to the timeline. Some part of it I guess is necessary assuming the show runs for one coul and adapts level upper alone. But it's quite odd.

I'm not sure where you got that this retconned their first meeting. It looked like just another one of their encounters. Even the railgun manga didn't show all of them during the month she chased him.

As for the ED, yes, it's pandering pretty hard. The manga panders too, of course, But having said that, I think it may end up misleading and possibly disappointing some people who aren't that familiar with the source material or Index.
stillmissing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 19:18   Link #27
luckyssol

Uhh... mabye I made a mistake deciding to watch this anime. I thought it was supposed to be kind of like To Aru Majutsu no Index. If it's just going to be fanservice the whole way then forget this.

1/10
Old 2009-10-09, 19:48   Link #28
Clarste
Human

Well, the manga has action and story anyway. I'm increasingly unsure about where the anime intends to go. Most of this stuff happened in some form in the manga, but it was spread out as various comic relief moments between story bits. Making an entire episode out of it so early kind of scares me, and will certainly scare off a lot of the audience.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:34   Link #29
Jaden

Hahaha. I have to agree that the manga-route was better. And I miss the Mami Kawada tracks. But as a railgun fan I still enjoyed this very much. 7/10.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:42   Link #30
kite11

Ending... Song's pretty, but did they spend everything on the first episode? Index's endings were better.

I wont rate until the sub, but from what I saw, (which was just 7 min)... I'm scared...

I really was hoping for more fight scenes/moves,
Spoiler for move in manga:

Also, guest appearance of Touma being awesome
kite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:43   Link #31
Xacual

I'm pretty sure they didn't retcon Mikoto / Touma's first meeting they just put in some random meeting to start the episode out. I mean we know from index that she chased him down all the time.

I enjoyed the episode for the comedy, didn't like that apparently we aren't starting on the actual storyline yet

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:51   Link #32
sangwoocool
Banned

Something doesn't match about Touma x Mikoto in this episode if I think about what happened in the Manga o o;
sangwoocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:55   Link #33
Clarste
Human

She's been chasing him for a while, it's not too important. The manga never implied that those were the only times she met him.
Old 2009-10-09, 21:00   Link #34
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
She's been chasing him for a while, it's not too important. The manga never implied that those were the only times she met him.
Except that she's quite clearly surprised by Touma's power, and also, doesn't know who he is. And in Index, Touma's meeting with Biribiri was supposed be their first as well, since in that series, she was quite surprised too by his power. Unless she has terrible memory and completely forgot about their encounters, this is a retcon, implying that this is the first time they ever met. There's no reason for her to be surprised at all by his ability to nullify her powers, unless it's their first time meeting each other.
Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 21:06   Link #35
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4get View Post
Spoiler for over 1000px of Kuroko fanservice:
Is that a nipple on the right?
Old 2009-10-09, 21:08   Link #36
Clarste
Human

The manga's portrayal of their first meeting was as a flashback, in case you didn't notice. It could still be shown later in this series. She obviously knew who he was in this episode, or else why would she chase him? This wasn't their first meeting, ergo there's no contradiction.
Old 2009-10-09, 21:20   Link #37
hassam

a bit off topic but i wonder what would happen if touma used the level upper
hassam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 21:27   Link #38
Miraluka
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangwoocool View Post
Something doesn't match about Touma x Mikoto in this episode if I think about what happened in the Manga o o;
Really? until now there is no Touma X Mikoto neither in Index(novels) nor in Railgun(manga)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
Except that she's quite clearly surprised by Touma's power, and also, doesn't know who he is. And in Index, Touma's meeting with Biribiri was supposed be their first as well, since in that series, she was quite surprised too by his power. Unless she has terrible memory and completely forgot about their encounters, this is a retcon, implying that this is the first time they ever met. There's no reason for her to be surprised at all by his ability to nullify her powers, unless it's their first time meeting each other.
Yeah, she was suprised in their first meeting in the street(Railgun), next in the bridge scene(Index/Railgun) she attacked him beacause she didn't know how he blocked her powers the previous time(he ran away), Touma scared her(since then he calls her biri biri XD).
Since Touma met Index, their meetings were drastically dicreased.... and the story in Index still continues.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-10-10 at 12:38. Reason: Please don't use manga/novels spoilers to answer speculative questions in this thread
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 21:33   Link #39
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Incidentally, I mentioned this elsewhere, but it bears mentioning that all signs point to this show actually being two-cour, and not the one-cour that some fans predicated earlier. So based on that, I suspect that they are moving more of the light-hearted stuff on the frontend to do some character development before they move into the more dramatic material. This might help them have better story climaxes at the end of each season.

The two-cour bit was based on apparent confirmations from TV Network execs, but we should have double-confirmation as soon as they solicit the first Blu-Ray release in a few weeks. But I think the pacing reflects the amount of content available and the time they would have to fill in this scenario.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 21:35   Link #40
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Yeah, she was suprised in their first meeting in the street(Railgun), next in the bridge scene(Index/Railgun) she attacked him beacause she didn't know how he blocked her powers the previous time(he ran away), Touma scared her(since then he calls her biri biri XD).
Since Touma met Index, their meetings were drastically dicreased.... and the story in Index still continues.
Ah, got ya. Thanks for the clarification.
Strange is offline   Reply With Quote