AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 50 46.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 23.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-21, 19:57   Link #181
kitten320

Will be waiting then^^
though it doesn't excuse Sakakibara from being so dense.
Old 2012-03-21, 20:29   Link #182
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Will be waiting then^^
though it doesn't excuse Sakakibara from being so dense.
He actually only knows about it as soon as she told him on the class trip, and he does ask her. They are interrupted by their friend though.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-03-22, 00:06   Link #183
MartianMage

Scored the episode 4/10 because "poor" is the only way to describe the sloppy direction for this episode without being too critical. Pretty much enjoyed the rest of the series except this 1 episode. Direction is way off... especially on Kouichi and Mei's parts.

"A classmate might be dying outside let's check on him by walking reaaaaally slow!" <_<

And they were like that for the most part of the episode <_<
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2012-03-22, 03:04   Link #184
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Note that so much stuff has been going on, Mei hasn't even have a chance to say who it is yet.
Old 2012-03-22, 04:58   Link #185
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Note that so much stuff has been going on, Mei hasn't even have a chance to say who it is yet.
It's kinda pointless now, if she tries to accuse anyone else they'll just think she's trying to avoid getting killed by saying someone else is the Another. Everyone seems convinced she is the Another now, including poor Izumi.
Old 2012-03-22, 05:24   Link #186
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
He actually only knows about it as soon as she told him on the class trip, and he does ask her. They are interrupted by their friend though.
That was ages ago!
He should ask her now when everyone are after their throats. Want to survive? Target the real culprit then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
It's kinda pointless now, if she tries to accuse anyone else they'll just think she's trying to avoid getting killed by saying someone else is the Another. Everyone seems convinced she is the Another now, including poor Izumi.
No one says that she has to shout it out loud. She has Sakakibara to help her yet he seems totally un-interested now like if that conversation never happened. Sakakibara is the one I have issues with.
Old 2012-03-22, 07:38   Link #187
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
That was ages ago!
He should ask her now when everyone are after their throats. Want to survive? Target the real culprit then.

No one says that she has to shout it out loud. She has Sakakibara to help her yet he seems totally un-interested now like if that conversation never happened. Sakakibara is the one I have issues with.
Must... resist... spoiler...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-03-22, 07:53   Link #188
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Ok... that was beyond stupid! Not the crazy killing part, I'm all cool with it but what bothers me is:
c) Mei knows who the dead person is, yet she is quiet despite all the craziness. .
Yes, I agree with you 100%. They used this idiotic plot device to keep us at the edge of our seat and frankly, I dont appreciate it. I feel like the show is mocking us.
I felt annoyed the first time, when Misaki said that she didnt see any point telling them who the dead person is before, because it is pointless. Is that so? I mean seriously, imagine yourself in this situation. There is a curse killing people, you could die about any minute, everybody is scared to death, countermeasures dont work...... wouldnt you want to share this information with the others or at least the head of countermeasures if you were Misaki?
Thats like really cute that Misaki doesnt know what to do with this information, but maybe other people could do something with it. Especially after hearing the tape. They know that by killing the another, they dont need to fear any consequencies, because the body will disappear and everybody will forget. So why didnt she immediately say she knows who it is?

Unlike most people here, I dont find Misaki so cute. I find her original, yes.... a little creepy and mysterious.... and lately stupid.
Old 2012-03-22, 08:34   Link #189
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Unlike most people here, I dont find Misaki so cute. I find her original, yes.... a little creepy and mysterious.... and lately stupid.
Agree. I can't think of my self or anyone else cool enough to remain as cool and calm after people around you are getting killed one by one and knowing the culprit and not revealing it....

Yup, like in any suspense films, there are characters we can categorized as idiots....
Old 2012-03-22, 08:34   Link #190
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Yes, I agree with you 100%. They used this idiotic plot device to keep us at the edge of our seat and frankly, I dont appreciate it. I feel like the show is mocking us.
I felt annoyed the first time, when Misaki said that she didnt see any point telling them who the dead person is before, because it is pointless. Is that so? I mean seriously, imagine yourself in this situation. There is a curse killing people, you could die about any minute, everybody is scared to death, countermeasures dont work...... wouldnt you want to share this information with the others or at least the head of countermeasures if you were Misaki?
It was pointless before. Not only because she wasn't 100% sure she knew who the extra person was (she had never seen a "zombie" before, that's why she wanted to see Misaki's photograph from 26 years ago: she wanted to be certain she wasn't mistaken), but also because nobody would have believed her. In fact, it might have just drawn even more suspicion to her. There's no way Izumi would have believed her if she had claimed she knew X was the extra person because she saw it with her magical doll eye.

If I had been in the same situation as Mei, I would have also kept my mouth tightly shut. There's only one person who trusts her enough to believe her: Kouichi. And if my theory about the extra person is correct, she had a damn good reason for being reluctant to tell him anything.

What she should have revealed to Izumi, however, is that her cousin who died in April was in reality her twin. That was a crucial piece of information that could have helped avoid the current tragedy.
Old 2012-03-22, 10:45   Link #191
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What she should have revealed to Izumi, however, is that her cousin who died in April was in reality her twin. That was a crucial piece of information that could have helped avoid the current tragedy.
That would involve admitting that Misaki died to the calamity though... Something she was in denial of.
Old 2012-03-22, 12:44   Link #192
Huatuo
Supreme Commander

Location: Beyond the heaven within the Gensokyo above the netherworld inside the Takeda house in Ikebukuro...?
I don't know how to describe this but......This episode was a massive bloodshed!!! Okay, At first Kouichi open the dinning room's doors and was like "Oh ...there is fire in the dinning room.....Oh.....Dead managers .....O.K...", then "AHHHHHHH!!! A OLD FAT LADY MURDER!!!!!", then "AHHHHHHH!!! JUNIOR HIGH STUDENTS TURN INTO INSANE MURDERS!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! OGURA WENT ALL PSYCHO!!!!!!!!!" but then she fell down and died in a AWKWARD~ position (*SIGH* Too bad...I used to like Ogura because she's cute, until she's all.....er....ah.....eh.....?) ANYWAY!!!, then Makoto open the dinning room's doors and was like "WHAT THE FUUU-BOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!" and die, then Takako went all "MUHAHAHAHAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" and kill herself. Lastly Izumi appear from nowhere and went all like "ah...ah...ah.....MIIIIIIIIIISAAAAAAAKIIIIIMEEEEEI !!!!!"

So I was like.........WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!!! 10/10

Last edited by Huatuo; 2012-03-22 at 13:05.
Old 2012-03-22, 13:27   Link #193
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

If I had been in the same situation as Mei, I would have also kept my mouth tightly shut. There's only one person who trusts her enough to believe her: Kouichi. And if my theory about the extra person is correct, she had a damn good reason for being reluctant to tell him anything.
There better be though I really can't see anyone in the class to be that important to Sakakibara.
Old 2012-03-22, 13:57   Link #194
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
There better be though I really can't see anyone in the class to be that important to Sakakibara.
As I said: Wait till monday, and everything will be explained logically.

Old 2012-03-22, 14:38   Link #195
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This episode was maybe a bit over the top, but I'm honestly glad that the class became pretty unglued here. I honestly think that's more realistic than everybody staying cool, calm, and collected from one tragedy to another to another, etc...

If anything, I've found the reaction to the deaths in this anime a bit muted at times relative to how I think people would react to them in real life.

It makes sense to me that this class would be on the very verge of collective snapping, and that's basically what happened here. And in fairness, many of these students do have decent rationales backing up their suspicions on who "the other" is.

9/10 for Episode 11.
Old 2012-03-22, 15:39   Link #196
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
As I said: Wait till monday, and everything will be explained logically.
I can't wait to get my laugh of the week that day too. I wonder how many other entertaining deaths this director can think of.
And who will stop berserker BABAA?! The only one that managed to escape her wrath was Takako (who did so with minimum damage), thus putting the strength hierarchy something like:
-Phenomenon
-Takako
-BABAA
Thus the one to defeat her gets to take 2nd strongest character of this anime?!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-03-22, 21:34   Link #197
rakusukira

Mei is already blaming herself for everything. that's why she doesn't really care if people go out to kill her because part of it is was her responsibility.

1. she knew the curse started in May due to the death of her sister.
2. she knew X is the Another but couldn't say it because she is also concerned about a special someone's reaction
3. no one would believe her CRAZY bohoo about her doll's eye. people would think she's trying to save herself

good thing Koichi came
Old 2012-03-22, 22:09   Link #198
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

There nothing like justice like angry mob justice
Old 2012-03-22, 23:22   Link #199
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Well there aren't too many candidates left due to the carnage.
Old 2012-03-23, 01:06   Link #200
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
Mei is already blaming herself for everything. that's why she doesn't really care if people go out to kill her because part of it is was her responsibility.

1. she knew the curse started in May due to the death of her sister.
2. she knew X is the Another but couldn't say it because she is also concerned about a special someone's reaction
3. no one would believe her CRAZY bohoo about her doll's eye. people would think she's trying to save herself

good thing Koichi came
2 is just conjecture though.

I think she never actually looked while in school, only during the trip.

That's conjecture as well.
Closed Thread