AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-01-27, 06:26   Link #6641
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Funny, I got AOE, SC, RTW and RTCW playing in folders...
I don't know those games...

And you got them running in folders on a new computer? Are you using Windows? Why don't you just reinstall?

@felix all the Windows games I have put their info in the registry, so dont you need to do that too?

Ok never mind, I thought you were copying from another computer, but you just copy pasted on same computer...
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 06:31   Link #6642
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Well the game that Genji say is very old. so I dont think there is problem if you just copy and paste the folder (I remember playing SC in USB disk )

Thought if you talking about newer big game. I think you need proper installation

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 06:36   Link #6643
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
I don't know those games...

And you got them running in folders on a new computer? Are you using Windows? Why don't you just reinstall?

@felix all the Windows games I have put their info in the registry, so dont you need to do that too?

Ok never mind, I thought you were copying from another computer, but you just copy pasted on same computer...
How old are you, friend? Yes, I'm using windows.. The only regret i had was not keeping the original RTW for the Mod version....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 06:47   Link #6644
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Well the game that Genji say is very old. so I dont think there is problem if you just copy and paste the folder (I remember playing SC in USB disk )

Thought if you talking about newer big game. I think you need proper installation
Oh, ok. Yea I dont know a lot about old games...
Quote:
How old are you, friend? Yes, I'm using windows.. The only regret i had was not keeping the original RTW for the Mod version....
Im not very old. But I thought all games need to do that... oh well.
Old 2013-01-27, 06:51   Link #6645
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Oh, ok. Yea I dont know a lot about old games...

Im not very old. But I thought all games need to do that... oh well.
I discovered it when I actually copied a game in cafe... ok that's all!!!
Old 2013-01-27, 11:12   Link #6646
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

From my experience I have never come across a PC game that cannot be run from a folder without being "properly" installed. The program registry simply serves to make uninstalling more convenient.

That said, the installation process ensures that any dependencies the program has will be present (EG directx). However, assuming those dependencies are there (IE from previously installing the program), it should run without issue.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 16:40   Link #6647
monster

Well, the other possible issue is what the uninstaller does. If it removes something that the game needs that's not in that folder, then there may be some problem with running the game.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 21:40   Link #6648
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Hmmm.. example. I installed a game, it will make a folder right? Then I copied it and paste it somewhere else. I then uninstalled the original. I play the game using the copied folder. will it affect the game or the computer's process...
Let me explain it bit by bit about this:

1. What does game installation done?
Basicly installation can mean:
- Copy a game from DVD to your local drive or,
- Extract game files from a compressed installer
- Modify windows registry or other environment variables

2. Can i just copy game from one computer to another computer?
- No. Every legal acquired games comes with the compressed installer, so you need to install it and get the "key" to unlock it first before you can play the game.
- Yesh. Nowadays most of the "pirated" games already has the feature portable unlocked, so it can be assumed to get urself a full copy of the game. If you get an installer, you still need to install it into your local drive then apply the crack.

3. Which one is better in terms of performance or space-management?
It is the same.

Hope this can answer your question, Genjichan...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 21:51   Link #6649
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Let me explain it bit by bit about this:

1. What does game installation done?
Basicly installation can mean:
- Copy a game from DVD to your local drive or,
- Extract game files from a compressed installer
- Modify windows registry or other environment variables

2. Can i just copy game from one computer to another computer?
- No. Every legal acquired games comes with the compressed installer, so you need to install it and get the "key" to unlock it first before you can play the game.
- Yesh. Nowadays most of the "pirated" games already has the feature portable unlocked, so it can be assumed to get urself a full copy of the game. If you get an installer, you still need to install it into your local drive then apply the crack.

3. Which one is better in terms of performance or space-management?
It is the same.

Hope this can answer your question, Genjichan...
Thanks as well. You really put it...
Old 2013-01-28, 03:34   Link #6650
NoemiChan
Banned

Question: Should pride be a barrier that stops people in fixing misunderstanding and conflicts?
Old 2013-01-28, 04:48   Link #6651
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Question: Should pride be a barrier that stops people in fixing misunderstanding and conflicts?
Pride? I suppose it depends on what kind of "pride" is being dealt with. If it's just the usual personal sort then it shouldn't. In some cases pride is more of a detriment to your own learning processes. People should be prepared to accept failure in one form or another. You can be prideful about doing that.

If it's society that is causing that pride to exist, and it's expected, then it should be noted that you wont be flipping the ideals of society any time soon.

This is sort of a vague question and could use some expansion to get something resembling a reliable answer.
Old 2013-01-28, 04:59   Link #6652
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
This is sort of a vague question and could use some expansion to get something resembling a reliable answer.
How about when you have a disagreement with somebody. Uhmm.. you admit that you are sorry but he continues to ignore your opinion though you continue to recognize his in a good term,,,
Old 2013-01-28, 05:08   Link #6653
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
How about when you have a disagreement with somebody. Uhmm.. you admit that you are sorry but he continues to ignore your opinion though you continue to recognize his in a good term,,,
Ah yes... I am familiar with these people. I have little problem admitting wrongdoing on my part, but that doesn't stop people from holding a grudge over having disagreed in the first place.

If it's something that can't be ignored, I can't guarantee any success with any advice I have. You could always try the honest approach and talk about how you feel about the issue. You could try reaffirming that you agree with them next time the issue comes up as well.

If it's not particularly important you may benefit from just leaving it alone. If it's something that doesn't effect your relationship and only comes up in that line of conversation, you could benefit from just continuing on with business as usual. If it persists, however, you'll have to find a way to work it out.

Remember, I'm not a particularly godly man or omniscient. Some vague, friendly tips and good luck are all I can really offer.
Old 2013-01-28, 05:28   Link #6654
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

If it's something that can't be ignored, I can't guarantee any success with any advice I have. You could always try the honest approach and talk about how you feel about the issue. You could try reaffirming that you agree with them next time the issue comes up as well.

Remember, I'm not a particularly godly man or omniscient. Some vague, friendly tips and good luck are all I can really offer.
Hayst, if they could live with the grudge well its not my burden then. But I'm still open for them of course..
Old 2013-01-28, 08:35   Link #6655
Kudryavka

Quote:
If you have an hour or three, I would suggest you watch Pixar's Brave for an interesting handling of this question.

But for me personally, no. I treasure personal relationships more than letting people know how I feel all the time.

:edit:
And by letting them know how I feel, I mean prancing around and whining about how great I am and how no one can tell me what to do and bla bla...

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-01-28 at 13:26.
Old 2013-01-28, 15:50   Link #6656
jcdietz03

Quote:
Was that the question I posted in disguise? I didn't mean to be inflammatory.

How can I find Japanese-language social groups?

How can I search social groups?
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 16:13   Link #6657
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
How can I find Japanese-language social groups?

How can I search social groups?
Click "User CP" on the top left corner of this page.

Click "Social Groups" among the list on the left side. Type to search your desired group...
Old 2013-01-30, 10:37   Link #6658
Straight Key
The Pure & Innocent One

Back when I was lurking here there used to be a rep system What happened to it? And why was it removed?
Straight Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:13   Link #6659
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Key View Post
Back when I was lurking here there used to be a rep system What happened to it? And why was it removed?
All the answers are here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116795
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 03:48   Link #6660
Raiga
tl;dr

Any actors/theater people in the house?

Is there a slang term for when an actor speaks his or her lines too quickly because they're nervous?

Tags
problem, q&a, serious