Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-25, 16:01   Link #1921
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Boring? Sure we didn't see him dungeon diving with his chosen kings or blew things up, but the fact that he gathered other metal vessel users to fight the medium and Scheherazade's comment about him and Aladdin gazing at the same scene tells us that his knowledge goes beyond what a magi of this world normally knows.
He may be another magi from Alma Toran or experienced the same journey Aladdin did, when he obtained Solomon's wisdom
He's boring. He might be interesting, but he is not a traveling companion.

He's probably very powerful, meaning he doesn't need to get his hands dirty. If Morgiana is hanging out with him, she'd have no chance to flex her muscle. And if he's the type to leave her hanging, why is he even with her in the first place? Why not simply nudge her in the right direction like he did with Sinbad? If he's going to do that, then they should have met briefly and then parted ways.

In which case, she'd be off doing her own thing AND NOT BE PICKED UP LIKE EXCESS BAGGAGE FOR HER RETURN TO THE MANGA!

And come to think of it, Aladdin isn't a traveling companion anymore. None of them are. That's why the manga is ending. They've outgrown the world, which is like a soiled diaper, easily thrown away and replaced with a larger, clean pair of pants.

...So yeah. Morgiana has wasted the last year of her life with this loser. It's the only thing that makes sense.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 16:16   Link #1922
marvelB

So yeah, like I said before, I feel that Sinbad will basically be the Shanks to this series' Marineford equivalent (with the "Medium/Father" thing being like the "Akainu", I guess). I don't see this as reaching towards the series' ending point, but it's definitely clear that the stakes will be higher from this point onward now that the enemy leader has revealed herself. As for what will happen now, I'm unsure. Maybe Sinbad and his generals will somehow manage to cripple the medium and force it to retreat for the time being (which would most definitely result in it returning stronger than ever once it recovers), or Gyokuen will call the creature back and declare that now's not yet the time to drown the world in darkness, or maybe some combination of both those scenarios. Either way, it just feels too soon to end the series now, IMO.....

And another round of "Yay, Mor's back", etc.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 18:44   Link #1923
CBredbeard
Banned

There's one possibility. The mangaka might be using Magi to advertise the restart of the Sinbad spin-off manga. She's basically sacrificing the Magi manga to hype the new one that'll be coming out in a couple weeks.
Old 2013-08-25, 19:25   Link #1924
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
There's one possibility. The mangaka might be using Magi to advertise the restart of the Sinbad spin-off manga. She's basically sacrificing the Magi manga to hype the new one that'll be coming out in a couple weeks.
My thoughts exactly, the second I saw Sinbad appear i the latest chapter, I thought why doesn't the author just make Sinbad into the main protagonist and be done with it. Seriously ever since he first appeared almost everything has been about him, if he's the ''miracle'' than why not make him into the main protagonist from the beginning and now once again poor Alibaba is going to be upstaged by Sinbad, you know just because.
Old 2013-08-25, 20:49   Link #1925
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
My thoughts exactly, the second I saw Sinbad appear i the latest chapter, I thought why doesn't the author just make Sinbad into the main protagonist and be done with it. Seriously ever since he first appeared almost everything has been about him, if he's the ''miracle'' than why not make him into the main protagonist from the beginning and now once again poor Alibaba is going to be upstaged by Sinbad, you know just because.
Because it wouldn't be fun with him as the protagonist. Sinbad should definitely be the final boss after this... Mor loves catching Alibaba as it seems let's hope it continues that way.

The stronger the final boss is, the ,ore gratifying it would be for the protagonist to overcome those odds.
Old 2013-08-25, 20:50   Link #1926
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
You don't suppose the mangaka is going to destroy the setting so she doesn't have to write two sets of stories in the same world do you? Sinbad's Adventures is basically his life leading up to the current time-line. Following in Sinbad's footsteps while also seeing him make them would lessen the impact in both.

She doesn't want to put effort into building the world for the Magi manga, because Sinbad's manga is going to use the same locations and characters. I mean, for the last year we've seen the Reim Coliseum, Magnostadt which didn't even exist during Sinbad's Adventures, and the interior of Kou's palace, which also may not have existed.

She's going to destroy the Magi world and all of it's story lines so she can save them for Sinbad's manga. It's been a very ugly, brutal process and I despise the idea that she's literally destroyed one of her manga's to make writing the other one easier, but it would explain things.

In the end, all we'll have left of the Magi manga will be the main cast. All the minor characters will be gone (though probably reincarnated in the new setting because she is just that lazy). The new setting will probably be more challenging to the cast despite their powers.

I don't know. If this is really the case, then I'm offended. Building up a world and a cast and then flushing it all down the drain just so you can make more money off of a side project. How terrible. Why should there be any faith or trust in the mangaka to continue to deliver if she's willing to drop a manga in all but name for her own convenience? This isn't a labor of love. It's a pay check.
Old 2013-08-25, 21:14   Link #1927
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

@cbredbeard: you sound just like that wesley guy from narutoforums.com. His posts always show an extreme amount of hatred for morgiana and the author. I suggest you should take some time off from reading magi if you really find it that bad. Reading
Old 2013-08-25, 21:18   Link #1928
CBredbeard
Banned

Who could possibly hate Morgiana?

I am very disappointed that the mangaka has chosen to not tell stories using her. At least with Alibaba when he was AWOL it seemed like he'd make a name for himself in Reim while training himself. Becoming a "face" in the gladiator pits would make him a celebrity of sorts.

But Morgiana had no where to go last we knew.
Old 2013-08-25, 22:03   Link #1929
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Morgiana and her blush, how sweet
Old 2013-08-25, 22:13   Link #1930
Pacify

Must say I'm rather disappointed where things have gone in the last arc, it all feels so rushed and muddled . Sad to see one of my favorite series go downhill like that
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 23:38   Link #1931
Nighty40

Mor and Sinbad are back. did not see that coming.
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 05:07   Link #1932
Homura7

The latest chapters have been the best since the Balbadd arc climax. Some individuals say is going downhill. Fuck logic!!
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 06:33   Link #1933
Pacify

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
The latest chapters have been the best since the Balbadd arc climax. Some individuals say is going downhill. Fuck logic!!
Rushed, bizarre pacing. Cluster fuck battles which you cant tell what on earth is meant to be happening, plot points that scream imminent ending...

Magi has been one of my favorite series for quite a while now, but i still cant help but despair as to where its going atmo
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 08:25   Link #1934
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacify View Post
plot points that scream imminent ending...
Plenty of people say this but I just don't see it....
Old 2013-08-26, 13:49   Link #1935
J4n1

I don't think the manga is ending, but i am of the opinion that the pacing and storytelling in this arc has been a real clusterfuck.
But frankly, i don't care, whatever gets us out of NotHogwarts and back to adventuring.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 17:02   Link #1936
ChampDream
Alive

I also think this manga is not ending, since I expect Sinbad to actually be the final boss
Old 2013-08-26, 22:53   Link #1937
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

All of these King Candidates, but only one will become Solomon's Heir and 'inherit the earth'. Sinbad commands 7 Djinn and at least every worthy person can command at least one. This will become a case of Magi-lander in some fashion. Most will fight, others will just submit. Most people will pick Sinbad to become the next 'Solomon' but ... Solomon's expy has already chosen someone else.

End of manga? Hardly.
Old 2013-08-26, 23:22   Link #1938
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
All of these King Candidates, but only one will become Solomon's Heir and 'inherit the earth'. Sinbad commands 7 Djinn and at least every worthy person can command at least one. This will become a case of Magi-lander in some fashion. Most will fight, others will just submit. Most people will pick Sinbad to become the next 'Solomon' but ... Solomon's expy has already chosen someone else.

End of manga? Hardly.
Unfortunately En has already decided he doesn't need to become King if Aladdin will tell him what he knows about the world. You see, all of the conflicts that were building up, all the political tension between empires and posturing? All that was erased in the last 20 chapters.

Having Sinbad show up now basically leaves the Kou Empire at his mercy. Whether he finishes them off now or not, they won't be a threat anymore. He'll make peace either by saving them, killing them, or possibly taking them prisoner after destroying their metal vessels.

And Sinbad is not going to become the final boss of the manga. He's the protagonist of his own manga that will be coming out in a few weeks. Him becoming a villain in this manga will undermine him in the other manga.

Reim has become a complete non-factor. They aren't even fighting to save the planet. And Scherazade has basically thrown in the towel, not even attempting to save her daughter and leave a legacy behind for her and the empire to follow. She's so insane with grief that sent Mu away and tried to get her daughter killed even.

It would seem the war with Magnostadt was her last hurray and it went absolutely no where.

The rest of the world is pretty much spoken for. Nothing of interest there. Not for the super powered Djinn-users that flatten armies and cities within moments.

Like I said previously, unless the author wants to completely reset the manga, kill off about 99.999% of the world, and have the survivors take up refuge in the Holy Palace so they can find a new world, there's just no where for them to go. And that's precisely what I think they're going to do. She already established that Al-Tharem are ghosts that could potentially follow them to whatever world they go to so there's some conflict for you.
Old 2013-08-27, 02:35   Link #1939
CBredbeard
Banned

Since she's back, let's have a little trivia question for Morgiana fans.

What was her first feat of strength in the manga?
Old 2013-08-31, 16:02   Link #1940
marvelB

The script for the next chapter is out:

Spoiler for Magi 195:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen