AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-15, 14:55   Link #1
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Kishimoto-san ran out of ideas about...[spoilers]

I think Kishimoto-san has no idea or ran out of ideas about the other Hidden village's like Gras,Cloud etc. Cuz what else can he do?We saw the strongest villians in the Naruto world almost i think(still the other guyz of Akatsuki) and i surely know that no one other strong is living in one of these hidden countries or else Jiraiya/The hokage should know that.So basicly hidden village concept died if you ask me.I wonder what for sage will he set after the Akatsuki.

So what do you guyz think??
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 14:58   Link #2
chImp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
I think Kishimoto-san has no idea or ran out of ideas about the other Hidden village's like Gras,Cloud etc. Cuz what else can he do?We saw the strongest villians in the Naruto world almost i think(still the other guyz of Akatsuki) and i surely know that no one other strong is living in one of these hidden countries or else Jiraiya/The hokage should know that.So basicly hidden village concept died if you ask me.I wonder what for sage will he set after the Akatsuki.

So what do you guyz think??
So far we only saw the fish guy from the seven leetz0rz of the hidden mist, so who knows.
chImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 15:47   Link #3
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
How can we know a super-strong guy doesn't live at the Hidden Earth, for instance?

I still hope we see the other villages, even though I think the Akatsuki arc will be the last one. Kishimoto is setting up an arc with the 9 Great Demons (which'll be the Akatsuki arc), what else could he do after that?
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 15:53   Link #4
chImp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
How can we know a super-strong guy doesn't live at the Hidden Earth, for instance?

I still hope we see the other villages, even though I think the Akatsuki arc will be the last one. Kishimoto is setting up an arc with the 9 Great Demons (which'll be the Akatsuki arc), what else could he do after that?
The fatal battle between Kyuubi Naruto and Super Saiya-jinn san Goku ;x
chImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:14   Link #5
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chImp
The fatal battle between Kyuubi Naruto and Super Saiya-jinn san Goku ;x
please just poke me with a stick *as i think i just died*
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:16   Link #6
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

please don't kill theis thread with DBZ stuff please lets nicely discuss this.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:20   Link #7
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

wow dat was a crzy death blow

Newayz kishimoto might go into some detail about the other hidden villages but i dont think he will go into it in depth. I think it will just be like a super strong ninja from each village or somethin like that.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:40   Link #8
GreyArea
Meatf***er

What makes you think he's run out of ideas?

There's still plenty of time for the plot to develop and for the other villages to come into play, just because they havent so far, it doesnt mean they wont. I figure that Kishimoto just wants to tie up some of teh current plot lines before progressing with the story, and more importantly, introducing yet more characters.

Last edited by GreyArea; 2004-01-15 at 17:04.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:43   Link #9
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

What a pain, imagine all the flashbacks booohohoohoho
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:45   Link #10
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
What makes you think he's run out of ideas?There's still plenty of time for the plot to develop and for the other villages to come into play, just because they havent so far, it doesnt mean they wont. I figure that Kishimoto just wants to tie up some of teh current plot lines before progressing with eth story, and more importantly, introducing yet more characters.
Yeah, thank you !
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 22:43   Link #11
SomeName
~ notoriously off topic ~

It seems to me like Kishimoto's story telling has fallen quite a bit. In the past we always got a good introduction to techniques and abilities before they were used in battle.

Now we get these level 1/level 2 seals (aka, now I can take on Jounins), we get Choji's pills (aka, now I'm 10x stronger.. no no wait, now I'm 100x stronger).. to me at least, it takes away from the story when it seems like he pulls stuff out of the air without any proper introduction.

e.g: Introduce henge, introduce kage-bunshin.. THEN using that have Sasuke/Naruto trick Zabuza. Think of how your jaw would have dropped in disgust if we hadn't seen these moves before this moment, then out of no where Naruto pulls these new never seen before techniques out of his ass and tricks Zabuza with it. Would have been a much crappier moment for me...
SomeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 22:46   Link #12
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
i thought that scene was ingenious? and very nicely animated/ thought out ;p
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 23:22   Link #13
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeName
It seems to me like Kishimoto's story telling has fallen quite a bit. In the past we always got a good introduction to techniques and abilities before they were used in battle.

Now we get these level 1/level 2 seals (aka, now I can take on Jounins), we get Choji's pills (aka, now I'm 10x stronger.. no no wait, now I'm 100x stronger).. to me at least, it takes away from the story when it seems like he pulls stuff out of the air without any proper introduction.

e.g: Introduce henge, introduce kage-bunshin.. THEN using that have Sasuke/Naruto trick Zabuza. Think of how your jaw would have dropped in disgust if we hadn't seen these moves before this moment, then out of no where Naruto pulls these new never seen before techniques out of his ass and tricks Zabuza with it. Would have been a much crappier moment for me...
Naruto is 199 chapters long so far. It's very hard to be consistant in something that long. He's been working on it every week for about 4 years now. He deserves a break.
Old 2004-01-15, 23:37   Link #14
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Every time one of the central characters does something important its fully explained. The pills and the cursed seal have been explained briefly (we've known about teh level 1 seal for aaaaaaaages, though there was no real explanation for teh level 2 thing, which was a bit limp), but they arent overly important as they dont relate to very important characters (yet).

I reckon we will get a decent explanation of the level 2 cursed seal once he wakes up
Old 2004-01-16, 02:13   Link #15
SomeName
~ notoriously off topic ~

It's not really the lack of explanations that I'm trying to point out though, because each of those things was atleast touched upon. It's the fact that we saw no hint of the existence of these things before they were used. It'd just be a little easier to swallow for me if they at least mentioned it in passing once or twice instead of seamingly pulling it out of the air.

It kind of looks like this from afar:
Ninja A: I'm stronger than you because I have this.
Ninja B: But wait, I have this. I'm stronger now!
Ninja A: Aha! But wait, you haven't seen this yet!
Ninja B: I'm not done yet.. check this out!

you get the picture.
SomeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 11:59   Link #16
Sai
apathetic

Send a message via AIM to Sai
Quote:
It's not really the lack of explanations that I'm trying to point out though, because each of those things was atleast touched upon. It's the fact that we saw no hint of the existence of these things before they were used. It'd just be a little easier to swallow for me if they at least mentioned it in passing once or twice instead of seamingly pulling it out of the air.

It kind of looks like this from afar:
Ninja A: I'm stronger than you because I have this.
Ninja B: But wait, I have this. I'm stronger now!
Ninja A: Aha! But wait, you haven't seen this yet!
Ninja B: I'm not done yet.. check this out!

you get the picture.
Well you have a point but think about all the jutsus that exist, if he described every jutsu before it was used it would waste a lot of time
Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 12:31   Link #17
Tboz

Good point. At certain times, Kishimoto can come up with ingenious strategies and explainations during the fights like with Neji and spiderman. While other times, he just resort to cheap and overused tricks like Chouji's case.

IMO, could that be related to the character's fighting style? Chouji is not a smart fighter, he wins by pure power.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 12:35   Link #18
GreyArea
Meatf***er

We knew about the pills as soon as the rescure team set out, iirc.

The level 2 seal was a bit poor though. There was no need for that, and its quite cheap imo.
Old 2004-01-16, 23:44   Link #19
Trin
Sasumi ownz!!

i think that in the past few chapters things have been changing so abruptly to what we're used to from the rest of the series. the focus is shifting and this kimimaro guy really confuses me (but maybe it was just the translation). I dunno, but it feels shunted since Neji died (gods damn it i miss him!!)
Trin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 23:54   Link #20
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
We knew about the pills as soon as the rescure team set out, iirc.
We've known about the pills ALOT longer than that. Kiba used a soldier pill against Naruto during his Chuunin fight.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote