AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-12-29, 22:51   Link #81
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
You spoke with an air of authority and knowledge.
Really? Agh, some times I tend to state things as facts, when actually they're just suppositions and assumptions =P It's a big problem of mine. But I don't know too much about Yoshitomi's works; only a few things I read here and there.

Quote:
Human Gosuta... what makes one a Gosuta is the gestation in an artificial womb and being rapidly grown with artificial proteins - not the boom. The boom makes you beautiful to Arume for some reason. Maybe they have a thing for guro.
Yes, of course - I didn't say they're Gosuta. I just said they do the same: boom!! lol. But Rumi was a Gosuta. Kiyomi says so herself (she didn't use that word though). Anyway, the vaccine must be some nanomachine thingy, since that's always the case with Blue Drop. ^^
Old 2007-12-29, 22:53   Link #82
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...After the awesomeness that was Gikyoku, and after the discussions about Arume society, values, personalities, etc. that we've been having here, I was feeling a lot better about them. Then I found out about Gosuta ....
I haven't figured out just how much consciousness gosuta have. At first I thought very little, but now I'm not so sure. Nor am I sure what it means that all three classes of Arume (civilians, soldiers, and gosuta) have the same status. But when we think of the idea of suicide bombers (whom I can almost understand, even if I don't share their ideology), this doesn't seem totally alien, and therefore is almost understandable, too. If we adjust our minds to the idea that self-sacrifice is the highest moral good, then maybe....
Spoiler for new manga:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 23:15   Link #83
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I haven't figured out just how much consciousness gosuta have. At first I thought very little, but now I'm not so sure. Nor am I sure what it means that all three classes of Arume (civilians, soldiers, and gosuta) have the same status. But when we think of the idea of suicide bombers (whom I can almost understand, even if I don't share their ideology), this doesn't seem totally alien, and therefore is almost understandable, too. If we adjust our minds to the idea that self-sacrifice is the highest moral good, then maybe....
Well, the note states that the idea of self-sacrifice is considered beautiful only by military personnel and gosuta. If that's the case, it's not an alien concept at all: just think about seppuku or the kamikaze pilots. If anything, it's a very Japanese thing (historically-wise).

Quote:
Spoiler for new manga:
Spoiler for new manga:
Old 2007-12-29, 23:35   Link #84
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler for new manga:
Spoiler for new manga:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-12-29, 23:55   Link #85
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Spoiler for new manga:
I'm not saying it couldn't happen. It certainly is a possibility, and as you said it would be pretty tragic. In any case, I just hope the next chapter will throw some hints about her identity.
Old 2007-12-30, 16:10   Link #86
Keahi19

Wow the discussion went to gosuta. Intersting stuff and the boom as beautiful. It really depends on what era or what culture you come from. Which is of course the studies I enjoy.

By the way I was curious if they differentiate from how much control the Arume hold over different cultures. It seems they are really stuck in Japan, so the influence on "Human" culturue the Arume have may be stuck to the First WOrld Only.

I really don't see the Arume spending too much time in Siberia or the Middle of the Amazon to try and force the Brazilian and Siberian Peasants to do exactly what they want. These might be areas to try and take people for experiments, but in truth they are also locations that a guerrilla war would be much easier for humans to use.

Cause from what I have been reading from spoilers and other places it seems that the story sticks with alot of First WOrld nations that are conquered. Also what about the primitives like the Aborigine or the tribes in the depths of the African and American jungles.

So my question for discussion is wouldn't how much influence the Arume have on the "human" cullture be different depending on where you are. Now Japan, Europe, the USA and probably Russia would have just like the book. ANd probably the Caribean and some areas of Central America, but their influence in the poorer nations who are probably seen as more inferior might be less simply because they don't want to deal with them. So culturues there might remain intact.

That might allow them to think about just wiping those people out, but even their super technology would have problems if the natives just melted into the jungle. Technology can only go so far there.

Sorry to add another random thought in my head. But, doesn't that sound plausible? Cause in all honesty "Humans" are never generic and those that live in the outskirts of the extremes of Earth's enviroments probably wouldn't appeal to an alien race. Except as experiments on human adapation.

Does that even come up in the story?

By the way thanks for the Bi-torrent information, my problem is I am on a public computer and can't download much. So I will try and see if I can download it later tonight. If not.... -_-.... fate just hates me.

Also any places for good fanfics of this? I like to see some peoples takes and they expand on alot. Of course some of them just suck majorly, but if they are done independent and just in the world and a dozen takes, it can be interesting. *NOds*

I'm still long winded. OH and thank you Fa.... is there something else I can call you cause FatPIanoBoy just feels like I am being mean for some reason. -_-
Keahi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 22:18   Link #87
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keahi19 View Post
So my question for discussion is wouldn't how much influence the Arume have on the "human" cullture be different depending on where you are. Now Japan, Europe, the USA and probably Russia would have just like the book. ANd probably the Caribean and some areas of Central America, but their influence in the poorer nations who are probably seen as more inferior might be less simply because they don't want to deal with them. So culturues there might remain intact.
The official chronology states that all former national borders are abolished at some point (forgot when), so I'd say it was completely global. As for how much control they exercise over various regions, you're probably right about it varying, but since we have yet to see any glimmer of life outside Japan, that's baseless speculation at best. Japan seems to have been ground zero for the invasion (probably due to its dense population, geographic isolation, prosperity, and weak defenses), so it makes sense that Arume influence would be strongest there.
Quote:
That might allow them to think about just wiping those people out, but even their super technology would have problems if the natives just melted into the jungle. Technology can only go so far there.
The Arume aren't the nicest people around, but they don't go around genociding peoples just because they don't feel like dealing with them
In fact, Azanael, Tsubael, and Ekaril were probably hailed as heroes for standing against someone trying to do just that.
Quote:
I'm still long winded. OH and thank you Fa.... is there something else I can call you cause FatPIanoBoy just feels like I am being mean for some reason. -_-
Heh, it really doesn't bother me. I seem to get called 'FPB' quite a bit, if you'd rather use that

Quote:
I haven't figured out just how much consciousness gosuta have. At first I thought very little, but now I'm not so sure. Nor am I sure what it means that all three classes of Arume (civilians, soldiers, and gosuta) have the same status.
It's not that they have the same status, but that their lives (and sacrifice) are viewed as equal to an Arume's. I have a hunch that we'll be getting a lot of information on Gosuta in Maiorita
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 22:32   Link #88
Keahi19

Quote:
The official chronology states that all former national borders are abolished at some point (forgot when), so I'd say it was completely global. As for how much control they exercise over various regions, you're probably right about it varying, but since we have yet to see any glimmer of life outside Japan, that's baseless speculation at best. Japan seems to have been ground zero for the invasion (probably due to its dense population, geographic isolation, prosperity, and weak defenses), so it makes sense that Arume influence would be strongest there.
Hehehhe yeah I know it's baseless, but I just wanted to know if it was logical. Which it is. I can see the Arume visiting my town and telling us that the USA has been disolved.

Town: DOes our city still exist?

Arume: Yes.

Town: Do we still get to play golf?

Arume: Uhh that's the sport with the club right? Uhh sure.

Town: We're good. Want to play a round?

Quote:
The Arume aren't the nicest people around, but they don't go around genociding peoples just because they don't feel like dealing with them
In fact, Azanael, Tsubael, and Ekaril were probably hailed as heroes for standing against someone trying to do just that.
Oh really? Cool. Then that means that they'd leave the diversity of Earth alone when it came to those isolated enclaves. At least hopefully. I like aborigines.

Where is the official chronology? I have to read Japanese don't I?
And you can call me Vicki instead of Keahi19. That's kinda my middle name. Keahi anyways.

And okie FB then. *NOds*

Oh by the way I downloaded the thing you gave me. It worked, now what do I do? Sorry computer illiterate.
Old 2007-12-31, 00:07   Link #89
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Oh by the way I downloaded the thing you gave me. It worked, now what do I do? Sorry computer illiterate.
1. Open the .rar or .zip file from the CDisplay program
2. ????
3. Profit!
Old 2007-12-31, 01:02   Link #90
Keahi19

hehhehe thankies. I'll try it that way.

And Profit? WHEE!!
Old 2008-01-03, 00:29   Link #91
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Oh man this thread is epic.

All this information seems like fun to discuss, and I'm sad no one else is talking about it much elsewhere...

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 00:40   Link #92
Keahi19

WHat Blue Drop? Well I don't think the anime has come to the US yet. Have they even sold the rights yet? Give it time. Yuri is catching up to Yaoi in the US. It's about 4 or 5 years behind though. *SHrugs* As in stories, not hentai. Or something.
Old 2008-01-03, 05:43   Link #93
JediNight
キズランダム

In relation to Kenzou being "remodeled" by the Arume for a pregnancy experiment:

Was he remodeled into an Arume then? Or just a female "horime"? I would think the point was Kenzou now had an Arume/Human hybrid genome with the hopes that they could re-introduce reproduction of males into the Arume population. Otherwise I can see no other reason for the experiment, as they could have just used a normal human female then...

PS: Kenzou acts really screwy in the Arume Street despite the fact his friend could be killed for being there and he just wanders off to mess around >.>
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 09:01   Link #94
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
In relation to Kenzou being "remodeled" by the Arume for a pregnancy experiment: Was he remodeled into an Arume then? Or just a female "horime"?...PS: Kenzou acts really screwy in the Arume Street despite the fact his friend could be killed for being there and he just wanders off to mess around >.>
Later in the manga, I think it says that...
Spoiler for untranslated chapter of manga:
I'm not sure Kenzou realized what the consequences to his friend/lover would be. In any case, he did make a point of going there to find him. And perhaps he felt he had to join the scene to be effective. Of course, the real reason was so that they could include that panel of him/her half-naked, with the feathers, lol.
Old 2008-01-03, 12:16   Link #95
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Later in the manga, I think it says that...
Spoiler for untranslated chapter of manga:
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
I'm not sure Kenzou realized what the consequences to his friend/lover would be. In any case, he did make a point of going there to find him. And perhaps he felt he had to join the scene to be effective. Of course, the real reason was so that they could include that panel of him/her half-naked, with the feathers, lol.
He got distracted by the place's sheer awesomeness. And who wouldn't? Remember at that moment Kenzou was still a man at heart.
Old 2008-01-03, 15:08   Link #96
JediNight
キズランダム

Yes Kazu-kun, but you think he would have had just a little more mental willpower to think "Don't get distracted, friend could die!" lol...

He can always come back later
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 15:20   Link #97
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Spoiler for Kenzou:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
He got distracted by the place's sheer awesomeness. And who wouldn't? Remember at that moment Kenzou was still a man at heart.
Indeed. He is still capable of thinking with the wrong head - even if it's no longer attached
Old 2008-01-04, 06:24   Link #98
Keahi19

Wait so basically Kenzou is sacrificed in totally? Wow that's cruel. I mean uber cruel. By the way it sounds like the story goes beyond Issue Three for Bokura..... what issue are they out with in japan? Of Bokura that is.
Old 2008-01-04, 06:33   Link #99
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Wait so basically Kenzou is sacrificed in totally? Wow that's cruel. I mean uber cruel. By the way it sounds like the story goes beyond Issue Three for Bokura..... what issue are they out with in japan? Of Bokura that is.
Since his original body was incinerated, yes - if his consciousness disappears, he is gone. Completely. And yes, it is cruel.

There's one tankoubon out, and the next should be released pretty soon.
Old 2008-01-05, 11:04   Link #100
Keahi19

HMMM course the question is would the conciousness ever disappear 100%. I'd see it possible of a Rogue in Xmen kinda thing where you return to dominance, but there's always this other thing under the surface to torment you. That'd be justice to an Arume I gather. And disfunctional how? Do they explain?

And I meant as in how far beyond the incident at that club with the two teachers are they? I've only gotten to the third translated instalment. Or Issue 1 Part 3 as it were. Has it gone beyond that yet?

Cause I don't remember them explaining the incineration of his body anywhee in what I've read yet. So it must be ahead right. Or I missed something.

Tags
shounen, yuri