Old 2008-12-16, 07:26   Link #4242
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akakishi View Post
Incest!

By the way, as bloodofblackness says, there many way to love

There's also some kind of love for Shirley, kallen and of course C.C.
thats not my name dude
Old 2008-12-16, 07:26   Link #4243
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Above all? It's Nunnally.
Of course. And ?
Nothing to do about CC

And He loved Nunally as his most important person. Side material imply that a few person became really important too :'P
About CC she was certainly too. Simply not in a romantic way.

*Romance thread where are you...*

So to stay totally IT...nice sketchs of CC. They worked a lot on her. Unfair :'p

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 07:32   Link #4244
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Serioulsy some italian orgine to CC could explain a lot of things. Her...Mediterranean profile for example. And some Pizza addiction.

I like this one too BTW :
Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the Third

CC : "Ah you want my name ? You're sure that you want my name ? There it is !"

...I have the need to eat pizza now.
Cettina Cocuzza.

That's the name. She's always been the secret master of the Pizza Cult since the Middle Ages and she's also the real identity of the neapolitan cook that actually invented cheese pizza in the nineteen century. She uses to live with at the Savoia's court, but later on, when Queen Margherita claimed the recipe was given her name, Cettina gave her the finger and jumped on the first emigrants ship to Nuova York, and that's how she ended up in Britannia.

*swing away to eat her pizza - lol, this last part is 100% true story - singin' "that's amore"*
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 07:33   Link #4245
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Gomen for off-topic. xD I was just trying to reply to someone's comment but I forgot to quote. xD

Anyways, C.C. is really beautiful. CLAMP version and the standard one. ♥ Too bad she didn't get to wear her gown. T_T
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 10:32   Link #4246
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo_3079 View Post
C.C.'s character design
credit to kymielth from VNS

Spoiler for ...:
This is some information I obtained from our helpful Ms Blotty. I have some contemplation whether to share these information thanks to all the shipping fights. I believe whenthere is people who will ignore all these, there will always be someone else who will appreciate it. Therefore, since someone shares the scans, I will post the information I had on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment
C.C.
This is interesting. CLAMP refers to C.C. as 'Sera'.
There is a high chance of C.C. being named as Sera セラ during development of Code Geass at the beginning.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 12:14   Link #4247
AceFlashheart

Who did Lelouch love?

Was it Shirley, was it Karen, or was it C.C.?

The answer is... he probably loved all three. He was just too busy for romance (worlds don't conquer themselves you know).

Ultimatly there's only 1 canon couple, Ougi x Violetta.

And a lot of ship tease (Soyoko x Orange 4 evah).

People should draw their own conclusions about the nature of the characters relationships.

Personally I felt C.C. was the closest to Lelouch at the time of his death (as well as the best match for him in terms of personality).

But YMMV.

I just feel that KaLulu really fell out of focus by the end of the series.

"What do you think of me?", If he had said 'I really like you.' Would you have ignored the fact that he Geassed all those people, and was the one behind the murder princess (as far as you're concerned).

There's is an odd relationship.

I just wish the creators would keep their mouths shut (in before flame).

What is the point of writing an open ending, if you're going to come out and say "no, he died".

CC and Lulu didn't have romantic feelings for one another? Then why this scene? Or this one?

What happened to 'show don't tell'?

And what about CC and Kallens final fight...

C.C. Says that she doesn't know if she loves Lelouch, but wants to end her accumilation of experiance.

But then why did she give up her shot of immortality for Lelouch's sake? Or is she just being coy.

Is the Kallen vs CC fight, and Karen/Kallen's win, supposed to be representative of their competition over Lelouch's heart? ("To think I cared about winning and losing.")

I'll admit it Ichirō Ōkouchi, you've outwitted me -_-.

Last edited by AceFlashheart; 2008-12-16 at 12:30.
AceFlashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 12:27   Link #4248
pilipok
pizza lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFlashheart View Post
Who did Lelouch love?

Was it Shirley, was it Karen, or was it C.C.?

The answer is... he probably loved all three. He was just too busy for romance (worlds don't conquer themselves you know).

Ultimatly there's only 1 canon couple, Ougi x Violetta.

And a lot of ship tease (Soyoko x Orange 4 evah).

People should draw their own conclusions about the nature of the characters relationships.

Personally I felt C.C. was the closest to Lelouch at the time of his death (as well as the best match for him in terms of personality).

But YMMV.

I just feel that KaLulu really fell out of focus by the end of the series.

"What do you think of me?", If he had said 'I really like you.' Would you have ignored the fact that he Geassed all those people, and was the one behind the murder princess (as far as you're concerned).

I just wish the creators would keep their mouths shut (in before flame).

What is the point of writing an open ending, if you're going to come out and say "no, he died".

CC and Lulu didn't have romantic feelings for one another? Then why this scene? Or this one?

C.C. Says that she doesn't know if she loves Lelouch, but wants to end her accumilation of experiance.

But then why did she give up her shot of immortality for Lelouch's sake? Or is she just being coy.

Is there fight, and Karen/Kallen's win, supposed to be representative of their competition over Lelouch's heart? ("To think I cared about winning and losing.")

I'll admit it Ichirō Ōkouchi, you've outwitted me -_-.
u forget to add euphie in

well the producers might have their reasons for coming out to clarify it
mayb to prevent hate mails or death threats

well impt thing is C C is still around .. :P right?
pilipok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 12:40   Link #4249
Lie

Quote:

Even though this is out of place, Kallen was aware of the Euphemia incident, and fully aware of all the crimes Lelouch had committed when she defended him, confronted him, and asked him to let her follow.
It's been clarified that she would have, wanted to, follow him to the end.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 12:49   Link #4250
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:

You make valid points, but all of these, are about C.C
They are are about her feelings towards Lelouch. If we want to be fair, C.C never showed romantic feelings towards Lelouch up until the last epis of R2. {of course this was due to their lack of interaction in R2 as well} Most of the times, their relationship was defined from teasing and talking about strategies and stuff.
Now, in epi 15 with C.C's past, it started kinda something but then she was presented in a moe-mode and this ended there.
The scene in episode 23, where she comforted him was powerful but you can't point and say, romance hint there.

On the other hand, episode 24 was different. This scene was probably the most meaningful for C.C in the whole series. That little measure of time, her convo with Lelouch, was enough to be life-altering for her. She finally "found" someone that did not see her as "witch" {even if that was an in-joke that Lelouch used but anyway}, that did not push the whole Geass-blame on her, someone that treated her exactly as equal.
I believe that moment, was a moment of clarity for C.C She even said it herself, that she has never met a man like him. It was a first for her and her feelings. I don't know if this can be interpreted as "romantic love feelings" but something that makes you question yourself, like C.C did in epi 24 in the convo with Kallen, well, it's gotta mean something.
That was more from C.C pov though. Lelouch is a lot more difficult to read when it comes to his feelings for C.C but this whatever-that-came {forgot what it was} stating that he never saw her as a lover, mother etc but as an equal, makes things a bit easier i guess.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 12:55   Link #4251
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

...can't answer, can't answer...

Dammit, we need the romance thread !
Anyway to be short just about one point Flash; Lelouch never saw CC as a lover, thus he didn't have this sort of feelings for her (Officially stated)
For CC I think she could have, maybe she even started at the end. But...it was the end.

Romance thread anyone ?

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 13:03   Link #4252
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

I don't see anything that would even remotely convince me that C.C. was in love with Lelouch.
The kisses really just came off as teasing to me, and maybe something she expressed her (non-romantic) feelings with.
And everything else... well, maybe it's because I'm me, but I really don't see any romance there. C.C. always seemed the motherly type to me.
They may see each other as equals, but that doesn't mean C.C. couldn't go into mother hen mode if she wanted to... even though Lelouch wouldn't necessarily appreciate it. xD
Old 2008-12-16, 13:22   Link #4253
Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I don't see anything that would even remotely convince me that C.C. was in love with Lelouch.
The kisses really just came off as teasing to me, and maybe something she expressed her (non-romantic) feelings with.
And everything else... well, maybe it's because I'm me, but I really don't see any romance there. C.C. always seemed the motherly type to me.
They may see each other as equals, but that doesn't mean C.C. couldn't go into mother hen mode if she wanted to... even though Lelouch wouldn't necessarily appreciate it. xD
She certainly was the motherly type towards Mao...but with Lelouch, I think there were a lot of hints that she at least had some romantic feelings for him. "Lelouch, I've never met a man like you" is really hard to interpret as anything BUT romantic.

However, in the end I think Lelouch hardly felt anything for her. I think the only person he ever had any romantic feelings for was Shirley.

It's a shame because I think Lelouch and CC would be a perfect couple.
Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 13:26   Link #4254
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
She certainly was the motherly type towards Mao...but with Lelouch, I think there were a lot of hints that she at least had some romantic feelings for him. "Lelouch, I've never met a man like you" is really hard to interpret as anything BUT romantic.
Hu... interpretations are interesting. xD
To me, this statement only means that even as an immortal witch who has lived through many centueries, C.C. has never met a person like Lelouch - someone who managed to show her what it means to be truly alive again.
Old 2008-12-16, 13:59   Link #4255
AceFlashheart

Busy forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
Even though this is out of place, Kallen was aware of the Euphemia incident, and fully aware of all the crimes Lelouch had committed when she defended him, confronted him, and asked him to let her follow.
It's been clarified that she would have, wanted to, follow him to the end.
Is this a plot hole? It's tough to stomach that Kallen would be so cool with organising the murder of unarmed japanese.

Makes you wonder why she'd bother abandoning him at all if it's true.

It certainly makes me like Kallen less, but this isn't her thread as you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
...can't answer, can't answer...

Dammit, we need the romance thread !
Anyway to be short just about one point Flash; Lelouch never saw CC as a lover, thus he didn't have this sort of feelings for her (Officially stated)
For CC I think she could have, maybe she even started at the end. But...it was the end.

Romance thread anyone ?
A romance thread would be nice ^^ though it would be CluClu vs. Kalulu trench warfare I fear.

As a said before I don't really care what's officially stated. I'd rather watch the series and draw conclusions from what you can actually see happening than have it spoon fed me, it's just more fun that way.

One of the best things about Code Geass is that the relationships are ambigious in a way that mimics reality. It irritates me that the creators feel the need to come out and tell people "no it was X". If they wanted to make a point they should do so through the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
A lot of text.
I don't want to really get into a scene by scene breakdown of their relationship.

But put it this way: Why did CC spurn death?

The way that I understood it was this...

CC wants to be loved.

Gets geass of love.

Is not happy because love is not real.

Only person why loves her is the nun.

Who doesn't actually love her, was just using her.

She is then saddled with "This hell called eternal life".

Unsuprisingly she becomes very much like the nun, looking for a sucker to kill her.

Meets Lulu.

Intrested in Lulu.

Gets closer to Lulu.

Ultimatly gets her chance to die, so ditches Lulu to do so.

But at the moment of her death she cannot go through with it with Lulu begging her not to die without a smile.

She gives up her chance to furfil wish of "death", because her feelings have changed.

Lulu has fufilled orginal wish of "to be loved".

Ironically in doing everything she can to find death, she gets a reason to live.

Ofc as stated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Hu... interpretations are interesting. xD
What form this love takes is open to interpretation. For me it's a mixture of freindship, partnership, motherly, protective: but definatly romantic as well.

If you don't see romance, I probably can't convince you otherwise and I won't try ^^.

But the important thing is there is some sort of love between the two, a very deep emotional bond between the two.

And my argument would go: if it is a romantic love, then it was my impression that it went a lot further than the relationship that Lulu had with Karen or Shirley.

*dissertation over*
Old 2008-12-16, 14:15   Link #4256
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Busy forum.
Is this a plot hole? It's tough to stomach that Kallen would be so cool with organising the murder of unarmed japanese.

Makes you wonder why she'd bother abandoning him at all if it's true.

It certainly makes me like Kallen less, but this isn't her thread as you say.
Yep, wrong thread.
But really, if you want to blame people for sticking with Lelouch despite everything he's done, then there will be not a single one of his few "real" allies left - C.C. included.

Quote:
A romance thread would be nice ^^ though it would be CluClu vs. Kalulu trench warfare I fear.
Oh, you're new? xD
Then let me tell you... there was a romance thread. It had to be closed - at least for the time being.
I think that says it all. xD

Quote:
As a said before I don't really care what's officially stated. I'd rather watch the series and draw conclusions from what you can actually see happening than have it spoon fed me, it's just more fun that way.

One of the best things about Code Geass is that the relationships are ambigious in a way that mimics reality. It irritates me that the creators feel the need to come out and tell people "no it was X". If they wanted to make a point they should do so through the story.
Agreed. *-*
And I agree with the summary of C.C.'s life, as well. ;P

Quote:
What form this love takes is open to interpretation. For me it's a mixture of freindship, partnership, motherly, protective: but definatly romantic as well.
I agree.
Well, except for the last part, but... *shurgs*
Who cares about details? xD

Quote:
If you don't see romance, I probably can't convince you otherwise and I won't try ^^.
You know, just for that I want to hug you.
And if you browse through a few shipping wars, you will know why. xD

Quote:
But the important thing is there is some sort of love between the two, a very deep emotional bond between the two.
*nods her head*

Quote:
And my argument would go: if it is a romantic love, then it was my impression that it went a lot further than the relationship that Lulu had with Karen or Shirley.
Maybe, maybe not... but let's not go into that until the romance thread gets opened again.
Otherwise, things could get nasty here. xD
Old 2008-12-16, 14:18   Link #4257
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

I don't want to really get into a scene by scene breakdown of their relationship.

But put it this way: Why did CC spurn death?

The way that I understood it was this // lots of stuff as well
Lots of stuff, lawl. When i tend to analyze, i can become tl;dr i guess. xD

Well yeah, what you said was kind of the point. I mean, one man can change many lives, for better or worse. Lulu did change C.C's life for better. You could say, that he became her "constant" in believing the best/good in people after the show ended.

C.C did a lot of crap in the past, i'll give her that. But i will also give her, that at some point, pain or disbelief or however you can call it, became a huge part of her life through the years and i guess she always thought it was gonna be there. And having eternal-life to live through this, it not exactly a magic ticket to the gift shop. That, until Lelouch came along.
Old 2008-12-16, 14:36   Link #4258
AceFlashheart

Aye Aye, I wasn't saying what you said was wrong. Just that my stupidly long post would have been even longer if i'd attempted to adress every point =P

I only posted the summery of CC's life because I wanted to lead into my point about the depth of their relationship (imo).

But ultimatly it all rests on if you consider them a romantic pair or not, which isn't worth debating cuz it's pretty subjective.
Old 2008-12-16, 15:07   Link #4259
Eliarine

Quote:
This. A thousand times over and over again. And again. Draw your own conclusions, no need to impose them on anyone.

Quote:
And this because I agree. As far as women are concerned, at least. xD;

Also, here's a hug for the same reason as Nogi's <3
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 15:23   Link #4260
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
This. A thousand times over and over again. And again. Draw your own conclusions, no need to impose them on anyone.
Hmm, this is true. At some degree though. I mean, if someone states something official, you can't just ignore it. Now, in CG, if those side-materials etc were not released to give a bit of more basis in some events, everything would be in the air.
And kinda still is, in some points.

But anyway, point is that pretty much every relationship in CG is complicated, especially when it comes to Lelouch.