AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-10-21, 05:28   Link #641
zaeraal

No one posted this here yet, so:

summary of http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...5/index-2.html by js06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan archive
Dengeki has given "keywords" for each of the stories in the PSP game:

Magic - Surface
"The Gate of the Gods Descended from Heaven"
A Magic Cabal appearing in the game. Their details are wrapped in a veil of mystery, but the name suggests they come from a polytheistic background.

Magic - Hidden
"Venus Probe Contest"
A contest in which rockets are launched throughout the world to probe Venus. An event related to that project called the "Venus Probe Project Race" is being held on the Academy City SNS Rondo Net. In this magic side story, an incident begins when Kamijou Touma applies for the race.

Science - Surface
"Tree Diagram Replica"
The Tree Diagram is the world's greatest computer and Academy City's pride. It primarily carries out weather forecasts and its accurate simulation ability is even referred to as "prophecy". In this game, it seems a replica of that computer appears.

Science - Hidden
"Academy City SNS Rondo Net"
A type of SNS that has grown popular among Academy City students. Registered users can not only communicate amongst each other, but can also acquire things like coupons and for buying things. The number of users of the service has grown explosively. Saten has an eye for the current fads, so she tries out the service. However...
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 05:32   Link #642
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post

Magic - Surface: considering we have an Indian new comer, I'm guessing that's the polytheistic background.

Science - Surface: HAHA, lolz, so either it's a fake, or they did all that for nothing
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 05:34   Link #643
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post

Wow.... Not bad But come on The magic hidden does not seem to fit the term "Magic" but then again who am i too kid it will probably kick ass
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 06:18   Link #644
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

...Wut?
it seem like Touma holding something there.

somehow Stiyl on a helicopter look both badass and funny.
Old 2012-10-21, 06:20   Link #645
judasmartel
*Author

HOLY SH!T! Stiyl on a chopper is golden!
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 07:34   Link #646
tsunade666

this magic surface and hidden and science surface and hidden reminds me of the route of Tsukihime -_-
Old 2012-10-21, 09:20   Link #647
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalvin_billster1091 View Post
It has been out for quite some time now I think its coming up to a year now, I'm sure it was released in december
Wait, if it's been out for so long why are we just hearing things about the endings now?
Old 2012-10-21, 09:23   Link #648
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wait, if it's been out for so long why are we just hearing things about the endings now?
...This is a new PSP VN game, to be release in Feb 21 of next year, two days before the Index movie.

It serves as a tie-in or prequel to the Movie.
Old 2012-10-21, 09:24   Link #649
mark1246

as a refresher, has anyone play the railgun DLC and does anyone know how did misaka get her memory back?
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 09:35   Link #650
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
...This is a new PSP VN game, to be release in Feb 21 of next year, two days before the Index movie.

It serves as a tie-in or prequel to the Movie.
Well there's the confusion. I thought we were talking about the Railgun PSP game.

But if it's a prequel/tie-in to the movie, why would it have multiple/souple endings? Or are people just baseless-hyping/assuming just because Oreimo PSP's game producer is involved?

So while we're on that, did the Railgun PSP game actually have multiple endings? (if I recall right, there was some hype about that)
Old 2012-10-21, 09:42   Link #651
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well there's the confusion. I thought we were talking about the Railgun PSP game.

But if it's a prequel/tie-in to the movie, why would it have multiple/souple endings? Or are people just baseless-hyping/assuming just because Oreimo PSP's game producer is involved?
There seem to be some confusion but I don't blame you- Basically their isn't multiple endings, but there are multiple 'campaigns' so to speak... I guess that does sort of make it multiple endings in a sense ()

There's a quote from the editors that maybe they want to try something in the 'spirit of Producer Futami', which probably is the source of this rumor.
Old 2012-10-22, 05:18   Link #652
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
There seem to be some confusion but I don't blame you- Basically their isn't multiple endings, but there are multiple 'campaigns' so to speak... I guess that does sort of make it multiple endings in a sense ()

There's a quote from the editors that maybe they want to try something in the 'spirit of Producer Futami', which probably is the source of this rumor.
You mean that all of that is about the upcoming game, this sequel that you're talking about now?

What about the original Railgun PSp game, the one that came out last year that I totally missed because of its release delays. (hence why I'm asking about it now; I didn't know it was out until this ) I believe that at the time of its pre-release, there was talk about it having multiple endings; did that turn out to be true?
Old 2012-10-22, 05:55   Link #653
zaeraal

Quote:
You mean that all of that is about the upcoming game, this sequel that you're talking about now?

What about the original Railgun PSp game, the one that came out last year that I totally missed because of its release delays. (hence why I'm asking about it now; I didn't know it was out until this ) I believe that at the time of its pre-release, there was talk about it having multiple endings; did that turn out to be true?
Technically it HAS multiple endings.
But they are all "false" endings.

There are several places where you can choose different options, sometimes it leads to the same result (but in different order), sometimes you get a False ending.
(Though you need to go through all of them to get fully completed game)

One like that was when they went to buy swimsuits and you got that bath scene.
Other was when Saten thought there was a conspiracy related to the closure of her favorite gossip magazine (Zarathustra)
Other was when they tried to use that extremly stinking perfume (Omega Flower)
And many more..
Old 2012-10-22, 14:07   Link #654
Lightning God
Electo Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
it seem like Touma holding something there.

somehow Stiyl on a helicopter look both badass and funny.
I think its one of stiyl's cards
Lightning God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 14:53   Link #655
zaeraal

Some new info was released by js06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan archive
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/557/557242/

Dengeki just released an interview with Kuroko's VA about Ensemble.
Not much of interest but here's a few things:
Kuroko is the protagonist of the Science - Hidden story
The timeline is Ensemble -> Volume 8 -> Movie -> Volume 9/10
She was told about Railgun Season 2 over 6 months before it was officially announced
Wth? After all that talk about Saten having a big role, Kuroko is the protagonist?! Now I really don't understand..
Old 2012-12-02, 02:34   Link #656
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
~魔術(表)編冒頭のあらすじ~
いつものように学園都市の通学路を歩く、不幸少年・上条当麻と万年腹ペコ少女・インデックス。
2人で一緒に歩くかたわら、上条は最近学園都市で流行している
“学園都市SNS ロンドネット”を利用していた。このSNSには買い物用のクーポン機能があり、
それを活用して上条はお得なショッピングの計画を立てていたのだ。
「クーポンで毎日のご飯が豪華になる!」と目を輝かせるインデックス。
そんな中、同じようにSNS ロンドネットを利用している御坂美琴と遭遇する。
上条と御坂は、ロンドネットで開催されている
“金星探査コンテスト”企画について盛り上がり、珍しく意気投合する。
と、ごく普通の日常生活を送る少年少女たち。そんな彼らの背後でまた1つ、
学園都市製のロケットが発射された。宇宙に向けて飛んでいくそのロケットが、
何を意味するのかも知らずに……。
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All dem chuunibyous....

Old 2012-12-02, 03:41   Link #657
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Magic Side (Surface) Introduction Summary

Just like always, the "unfortunate boy" Touma Kamijou and the "eternally hungry girl" Index walk together along the road most students take to go to school in Academy City. Aside from being accompanied by Index, Touma has been using the current fad in Academy City: the "Academy City Social Networking Service — RondoNet". This SNS allows people to shop for goods through its coupon feature, and Touma is one of those who is taking advantage of this feature for practical reasons.

"We'll be having hearty cooked meals with these coupons!" Index's eyes sparkle in anticipation.

Meanwhile, a fellow user of the SNS RondoNet, Mikoto Misaka, encounters the two.
Touma and Misaka opens a chatroom in the RondoNet and, in an unusual occurence, meet at a mutual agreement concerning a certain "Venus Probe Contest" project.

And, behind those proceed to live their respective overly normal lives stands one person.

An Academy City-made rocket was launched.
As it flies into the heavens, no one knows the meaning behind this event...

The translation is a bit shoddy. Apologies in advance.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 10:27   Link #658
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
4 minute PV:

More info about it from ANN:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...e-promo-posted
Old 2012-12-06, 15:35   Link #659
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
4 minute PV:

More info about it from ANN:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...e-promo-posted
Original info is at http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/567/567146/

and translated by js06:
Quote:
Originally Posted by js06

Now an introduction to the Magic - Surface story:
The Daihaseisai is an extremely large scale sports festival that all students living in Academy City take part in. As preparations for it begin, Shirai Kuroko's work as a member of Judgment begins to sharply increase. In the brief breaks in her busy schedule, she spends her time with Misaka Mikoto.
The two have a lighthearted chat the same as always. In the background, a single rocket is launched with a great roar. That Academy City rocket is related to the Venus Probe Contest and a project linked with that contest is being held on the Academy City SNS Rondo Net.
Kuroko hears about this from Mikoto. But then she is suddenly contacted by her Judgment branch. The information she receives changes Mikoto's everyday life into an incident that will shake Academy City...

And an introduction to another original character:

Kukimoto Hibiki VA: Nomizu Iori
"I'm the type to take up a fight someone's picking with me. And don't expect me to take any responsibility if you carelessly get yourself killed."
An original character for the game. A Level 0 girl. She normally has a bright and frank personality, but she grows very wild and violent when a fire is lit in her heart. Inside, she has a "hope" that she wants to accomplish even if it puts her life at risk. The bottle in her hand seems to be related to that...

Here's some information from the trailer:
Magic - Surface
Kamijou Touma and Index run into Stiyl while looking into a sudden explosion.
Kamijou Touma heads chases after the magic cabal "Gate of the Gods come from the Heavens" who caused the explosion.
According to Stiyl, it's an Indian magic cabal that tempers their bodies to the limit.
Ureapaddy Exica is doing something behind the scenes during the incident.

Science - Surface
Misaka Mikoto chases after the culprit of an explosion she ran across.
While investigating the incident, she meets a girl named Kukimoto Hibiki.
According to Uiharu, she has Level 0 Telekinesis.
While pursuing her, some mysterious data shows up.
Mikoto asks her whether she is a Dual Skill.

Science - Hidden
Saten Ruiko and Uiharu Kazari meet Sakurazaka Fuuga over the Academy City SNS Rondo Net.
The three hit it off and make a promise to play together, but a sudden system error causes confusion throughout the city.
According to Kuroko, Anti-Skill and Judgment's systems are unusable.
Uiharu realizes the system error is being caused by intentional hacking and begins searching for the hacker.

Sakurazaka Fuuga's VA is Koiwai Kotori

Tsuchimikado at the end: You just don't get it, nee-chin. There's no point in only pursuing it on the surface.
Old 2012-12-06, 15:51   Link #660
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
While pursuing her, some mysterious data shows up.
Mikoto asks her whether she is a Dual Skill.
My English is not very good, so I may have misunderstood, but in this passage there are chances of Mikoto have found any magician?
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote