AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-27, 19:41   Link #1641
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

AHHH there's no people wearing Spica / Lilim's school uniform. If there is, it'd be cool to see how people looks in real life..

Personally I dont really like the uniform of Miatre's uniform (black,white and a bow tie). If I am to wear one, I'd go for Lilim's instead. Why? you may ask. CAUSE is all for Chikaru!!!. Yea well I like bright color stuff, I wont mind wearing Spica's as well but Lilim's uniform comes first if I am to wear one providing they have one that is for males.

What about you guys? what uniform would you guys wear out of the 3 schools?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 19:44   Link #1642
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, Lilim has more on the younger students side. Spica and Miatre are more on the mature girls side
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 20:20   Link #1643
toronto

I'm sorry to have caused a commotion to you guys. But that actually happens in Taiwan. I mean Mai Nakahara went to Taiwan to promote anime stuffs. Look at the supporters, they almost full stadium (if it were to take place in stadium). I can't believe that dude there really bought Miatre uniform and wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
The person on the right is sooooooooooo a guy i think im going to have nightmares to night. I cry Hersey no guy should ever try to imitate the cuteness that is SP. Sending a ICBM to that guys house later
I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy. I know is a joke and that's a very funny one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Please do not post a creepy pic like that, at least put on a warning in a spoiler tag or something.
Opps.....gomen ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
AHHH there's no people wearing Spica / Lilim's school uniform. If there is, it'd be cool to see how people looks in real life..

Personally I dont really like the uniform of Miatre's uniform (black,white and a bow tie). If I am to wear one, I'd go for Lilim's instead. Why? you may ask. CAUSE is all for Chikaru!!!. Yea well I like bright color stuff, I wont mind wearing Spica's as well but Lilim's uniform comes first if I am to wear one providing they have one that is for males.

What about you guys? what uniform would you guys wear out of the 3 schools?
I personally would wear St.Spica's uniform as I'm a male.I don't wanna look like that dude. Also I'll only wears Spica's top. The bottom part, erm perhaps I'm sew up and make a short.

Best looking/most attractive character for me:

1. Shizuma: I complete fell this anime is simply bacause of her. She's charming, and sexy babe. Her voice just so ahhh....relaxing and she's so elegant and professional. I usually interested in elegant ladies.
2. Yaya: She's the best. I loved her teasing and she's funny. Very yuriliciously hillarious.
3. Nagisa: At the beginning, I love her naive-ness and every bit about her hillarious. I love to hear she scream. And then she slowly changing to be a bit mature. Plus she was the one who kissed Shizuma now. That's means a lot to me

Also, this anime got me loved it the most is because in the anime itself we don't have you know those funny expression. Suddenly come out with new face, big tear behind the head and come out with sound like "doink". This anime don't have at all. Cool
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 22:27   Link #1644
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Spoiler for NeoSam. Sumimaseng, everyone!:
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 00:24   Link #1645
Kuro

I finally saw the ending.

Anybody want to interpret the *very* last scene in Strawberry Panic?

Spoiler:

And so on. Basically, if anybody wants to ask more questions or speculate a potential continuation, I guess now's a good a time as ever to do so. Again, especially w/the ending scene.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 01:09   Link #1646
nilsen
What's happiness...?

Location: Norway, thats why Im bad in English, but I try my best
Send a message via MSN to nilsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro
I finally saw the ending.

Spoiler:

And so on. Basically, if anybody wants to ask more questions or speculate a potential continuation, I guess now's a good a time as ever to do so. Again, especially w/the ending scene.
What I think:
- She sleep in the same room as Tamao-chan soo I think she returnd and Nagisa and Shizumas relationshit cant ruin Nagisa and Tamao-chans friendship.
- About Shizumas is leaveing: we will never know I think, but maybe Nagisa and Shizuma will live in the villa, see eath other every day.
- I think after the dance exercise Tamao-chan understand how much they need eath other, and saw a new side of Shizuma. And she have also seen how depressed Shizuma was after Kaori's death.
- And last, remeber it was Tamao-chan that helped Nagisa go to Shizuma at the end, inside the church. If she never had pushed her, I never think she would leave the stage. (Thanks Tamao)
- I still think Tamao-chan loves Nagisa, maybe she understand that they never will be together, or she just keep fighting for her love.

Its still alot questions we will never got answers on, I think the best think is just to share what you all think, and just pretend that is how it is.

Maybe I did not answer your questions correctly, but some how they are alittle connected =) read and that what you want to think =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou
@Pic: Especially the huge strawberry, hilarious

As for my answer regarding the fav girl question..
1. Miyuki: I just completely fell in love with her. In episode 21.. just soooo moe~~
2. Chikaru: Well, she's awesome after all.
3. Tamao-chan: She's awesome too. The cutest and moe'est~ creepy stalker ever.
Not Nagisa or Shizuma =) ;Pp ??
thats great =)

Last edited by nilsen; 2006-09-28 at 11:02.
nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 02:03   Link #1647
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro
Well...

Since the anime ends with the shot of Shizuma and Nagisa lying in the grass in hefty liplock, it's obviously no reversal. The ending is clearly SxN.

The time order gets mixed up a bit anyway. The really relevant (and somehow funny) shot was the one during the credits in which Tamao was trying to keep Nagisa away from Shizuma talking to Miyuki. Therefore, I'd conclude that Tamao-chan and Nagisa continue their friendship, and Tamao will resume her efforts to keep "her" Nagisa-chan away from Shizuma as usual ... also, you may want to rewatch the preview talk between Nagisa and Tamao from episode 25, which was pretty much prophetic and fitting.

The final scene with the room in the dark and Tamao's "Okaerinasai, Nagisa-chan" obviously happens right after Nagisa's elopement with Shizuma - she's still wearing the red Etoile dress. The symbolism seems like this: The night is cold (we hear the wind howling) and unfriendly. The door between Tamao and Nagisa is shut, and Nagisa is obviously hesitating to return, looking crestfallen. She's having serious pangs of conscience for leaving Tamao like this. Yes, she truly loves someone else, but still, how did she hurt her friend. She wants to return, but she can't get herself to open the door, so she's leaning against it, lost in remorse. On the other side of the closed door leans Tamao, from an angle that her eyes can't be seen (a typical way to indicate pain and sadness). Zoom to Tamao's face, eyes closed, with an unhappy look. What a terrible situation, seemingly in deadlock.

Then the change happens. Tamao opens her eyes, a very slight smile appears on her face and she greets Nagisa. "Okaerinasai, Nagisa-chan". Welcome back. Tamao indicates that no matter what happens, Nagisa is still welcome here. Don't hesitate to enter. We're still friends. We know that Tamao will _open_ the closed door between them once again. After all, that's what they promised each other in the preview of episode 25, didn't they? Also, the episode title: Hajimari (A new beginning).

This is one of the many scenes throughout the show where good symbolism is applied in a delicate and skillful way (subtleties which seem to be completely lost on so many people who simply diss the show as only cliche'd)

Tamao-chan is the tragic loser in this exchange, but the last episodes have shown her at her very best: Caring in the truest meaning of the word, and selfless. It reminds me of the great saying "Love doesn't mean binding someone, it means to be bound by someone", that's why she knew she had not just to let go of her in the cathedral (again nicely symbolized by removing her ribbon), she had to give Nagisa a push to forge ahead now. Still, she eventually retains her wits and resilience when she tries once again to hoard her Nagisa-chan away where it's possible (see the hilarious credit scene).

A beautiful ending to me - how many shows would have just "ignored" Tamao's sacrifice and gone on to the sprawled out ending shot? In my eyes, SP deserves some kudos for that.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 02:38   Link #1648
Rainbow6

yay every one is whacked!Good to see tamao fans in action^^
Rainbow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 04:11   Link #1649
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by warainagara
Well, I did read your post, but if you did check the magazines your self, you woulddn't be saying these are magazines for boys.

Or are you also going to say that Josei Yangu Shi are also magazines for girls, yeah right.

Zipper is known to be a fashion magazine for young women, and Boon is known to be a fashion magazine for young men.

And if you only trust your precious wiki, go read about Zipper in the wiki, where it says that its a josei magazine.

Quote:
What interview? what does the interview has to do with Dragon Magazine o.O

Quote:
Its not only the individual's opinion you don't seem to care about, but also the most reliable source of info (the JMPA) you don't seem to care about too.

If you didn't care about reliable info, what other stuff could I give you other than an individual's opinion, huh?

Anyway, believe it or not, I don't care.

Quote:
Strawberry Panic light novels are shounen light novels but the current running manga is seinen manga, unless Dengeki G's Magazine turns into a shounen mangazine (LOL).

And what I care about, and what I don't care about, is my own business, and no one else's.

Quote:
If he was saying that Strawberry Panic manga is a shounen manga then he would be wrong, and I'll argue him about this, but if it really was an anime based on a shounen manga/light novel then I wouldn't say anything (he can mention it as much as he want to :P )

Inconsiderate or whatever, if you don't like these type of posts, just skip them and don't read them :P

And why should I use a spiler tag, because you said so. maybe next time, you'll order me to say that all male oriented magazines are general magazines.

Oh yes dear master, all male oriented magazines are general magazines; for "everyone" magazines, oh yes master, I'll follow your orders.
Old 2006-09-28, 04:44   Link #1650
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Spoiler for NeoSam:
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 08:38   Link #1651
Kuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Well...

Since the anime ends with the shot of Shizuma and Nagisa lying in the grass in hefty liplock, it's obviously no reversal. The ending is clearly SxN.

The time order gets mixed up a bit anyway. The really relevant (and somehow funny) shot was the one during the credits in which Tamao was trying to keep Nagisa away from Shizuma talking to Miyuki. Therefore, I'd conclude that Tamao-chan and Nagisa continue their friendship, and Tamao will resume her efforts to keep "her" Nagisa-chan away from Shizuma as usual ... also, you may want to rewatch the preview talk between Nagisa and Tamao from episode 25, which was pretty much prophetic and fitting.

The final scene with the room in the dark and Tamao's "Okaerinasai, Nagisa-chan" obviously happens right after Nagisa's elopement with Shizuma - she's still wearing the red Etoile dress. The symbolism seems like this: The night is cold (we hear the wind howling) and unfriendly. The door between Tamao and Nagisa is shut, and Nagisa is obviously hesitating to return, looking crestfallen. She's having serious pangs of conscience for leaving Tamao like this. Yes, she truly loves someone else, but still, how did she hurt her friend. She wants to return, but she can't get herself to open the door, so she's leaning against it, lost in remorse. On the other side of the closed door leans Tamao, from an angle that her eyes can't be seen (a typical way to indicate pain and sadness). Zoom to Tamao's face, eyes closed, with an unhappy look. What a terrible situation, seemingly in deadlock.

Then the change happens. Tamao opens her eyes, a very slight smile appears on her face and she greets Nagisa. "Okaerinasai, Nagisa-chan". Welcome back. Tamao indicates that no matter what happens, Nagisa is still welcome here. Don't hesitate to enter. We're still friends. We know that Tamao will _open_ the closed door between them once again. After all, that's what they promised each other in the preview of episode 25, didn't they? Also, the episode title: Hajimari (A new beginning).

This is one of the many scenes throughout the show where good symbolism is applied in a delicate and skillful way (subtleties which seem to be completely lost on so many people who simply diss the show as only cliche'd)

Tamao-chan is the tragic loser in this exchange, but the last episodes have shown her at her very best: Caring in the truest meaning of the word, and selfless. It reminds me of the great saying "Love doesn't mean binding someone, it means to be bound by someone", that's why she knew she had not just to let go of her in the cathedral (again nicely symbolized by removing her ribbon), she had to give Nagisa a push to forge ahead now. Still, she eventually retains her wits and resilience when she tries once again to hoard her Nagisa-chan away where it's possible (see the hilarious credit scene).

A beautiful ending to me - how many shows would have just "ignored" Tamao's sacrifice and gone on to the sprawled out ending shot? In my eyes, SP deserves some kudos for that.

Nicely said. Tamao-chan is so awesome ;_:

*shakes fists and readies her letter bombs for Madhouse*

Still, one really can't deny that Tamao-chan does have at least a *bit* of a chance since Shizuma *is* leaving campus and moving off to bigger and better things (college). Well, here's to hoping. All I know is that despite Tamao-chans acceptance and selflessness, it would definitely be pretty akward for the two to be sharing the same roof, especially after what happened. Taking into consideration Nagisa's character, and all.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 10:00   Link #1652
Cyz
"Show it to me"

There's a scene on the credits where Tamao-chan is keeping Nagisa at bay because Shizuma is nearby. Is she protecting Nagisa because she hasn't given up her feelings for her yet?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-09-28, 11:09   Link #1653
nilsen
What's happiness...?

@ NeoSam & warainagara - www.go-to-private-msg.ok? >|
Old 2006-09-28, 16:02   Link #1654
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I could easily go of on one saying just how beautiful the ending was.. but i think i'll safe everyone a lot of time reading it, and just say - that was one hell of a beautiful ending. ^^;

I'll always remember Strawberry Panic, not for its yuri aspects, but for the great character selection.. the story that never gets boring, and the music which helps the enjoyment of the show even more. It was a great show to watch & i hope many people in the future are going to enjoy the show.. just like we all did.
Old 2006-09-28, 16:50   Link #1655
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
There's a scene on the credits where Tamao-chan is keeping Nagisa at bay because Shizuma is nearby. Is she protecting Nagisa because she hasn't given up her feelings for her yet?
That event occurs afterwards right? hm...if so than I guess Tamao even though she cant have Nagisa's heart still prevents Nagisa from seeing Shizuma.

I finished watching SP.26, and I gotta say it gave me a satisfying ending. I gotta give props to Tamao in the church scene. Facing everyone in the church, she gather all her encourage to push Nagisa to Shizuma, sacrificing the Etoile seats for Nagisa x Shizuma's relationship. It also seems that Shizuma has return to normal, providing the sentence Miyuki mentions, "Just now, that was the real Shizuma". I'm like...YEAAA everything has been solved, normal Shizuma returns = mischief.

In the Shizuma x Nagisa scene, I was surprise to see that Shizuma actually BLUSHES, and say that she was think of snatching back Nagisa and not thinking anything. Also they made those flower rings which I think resembles the Etoile necklaces and thus making them both a *virtual* Etoile pair. It gave me a jolt when I see Nagisa clinging on to Shizuma and kisses her, that made me a happy guy, since is normally Shizuma who takes the lead but this time it is Nagisa whos leading the kiss.

However, it would be nice to see what happens afterward to Shizuma x Nagisa's relationship since Shizuma is graduating. How will these two relationship continue, providing the fact that Shizuma is leaving?. Although Shizuma is leaving, according to Shizuma's personality, I don't think she will graduate since she's a person who will cause mischief rather than obeying orders such as: Example: Shizuma running off with Nagisa in the church.

Like everyone says this anime I wont forget it since is my first YURI anime series that I watched and it is the first one to give me panic's on *will it be Tamao x Nagisa or Nagisa x Shizuma ahhhhhh!!!. Yea, alot of answers I need to find out as I follow this series week by week, just can't wait till the next episode comes out till now.

I would be happy to see another kind of this Yuri anime series or maybe SP Season 2(Just hoping), providing they pick a good plot and stay with it on the route without inputing many other characters into the story. I don't mind putting alot of characters but these characters must have at least a role to play in the setting.
Old 2006-09-28, 17:17   Link #1656
nilsen
What's happiness...?

What can I say, My heart is still burning, an anime have never been more imporatant for me to have a good ending after FMA. This anime will be in my heart forever, I will never forget it, and this was not the last time I will watch it.

About epsiode 26: I loved the endling, ye true I have wached the Raw, and Im verry happy for doing it and read the spoilers everyone gave. And as I can understand Tamao-chan understand Nagisa's true feelings, and gave her a pushed her in the right direction. Just like Miyuki tryed to do with Shizuma and ended up with sucsess. I was allso hoping that Amane/Hikari become Etoile's in the end. And Chikaru is just soo cute. Good to see that Yaya get back to her normal, not being trapet inside herself, just because of not geting Hikari.
----
All over: I stared to look at Strawberry Panic when it was on episode ten, and come fast in love with the hole consept. The way they showed every singel motion. And it ended as I faithful belived.
sometimes I think they tryed to trick us, or it was just some accidental after all, like the red and blue collar, maybe we on suki thinks to much just to try to think they have grasp the end.

1) Shizuma
2) Nagisa
3) Chikaru

I had to change alittle.
----
If someone can try to find notes on the song Nagisa and Shizuma was playing on the piano, that would be great.
----
I want to thank everyone for being nice, and help eath other understand every singel part of this anime, post Spoilers and links to raws. And not to forget, thank Serin for being soo fast with the releases.
----
And one last thing, why cant they make another season? I know alot of ppl's says it would be wrong, and they did not end with anny sort of "an continue" but when ppl's want to see more Nagisa and Shizuma, why just not make another season. And try to focus on some other couple together with Nagisa/ Shizuma & Amane/Hikari.
Or I just become a millionaire and give them some maybe to make another one to me. =) <3

Last edited by nilsen; 2006-09-28 at 18:33.
Old 2006-09-28, 17:22   Link #1657
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Holy shit who pissed in NeoSam & warainagara corn flakes this morning good call Nilsen, I think thats the angriest argument i have ever seen in this thread
Old 2006-09-28, 18:32   Link #1658
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I have a few questions regarding the SP manga

Quesion 1I have seen on page 1 that SP has manga/novel. I like the SP's plot on the manga, so I was wondering if they have it in english. And what is really the BIG difference between the novel and manga.
Question 2 Anyone have clear version or bigger version of either of these two pictures?
Old 2006-09-28, 19:00   Link #1659
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Strawberry Panic goodnesssssssssssssssssssssss.... <33333 *Drool line*
Old 2006-09-28, 20:10   Link #1660
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
I have a few questions regarding the SP manga

Quesion 1I have seen on page 1 that SP has manga/novel. I like the SP's plot on the manga, so I was wondering if they have it in english. And what is really the BIG difference between the novel and manga.
Question 2 Anyone have clear version or bigger version of either of these two pictures?
I saw those scans once before when I was looking for Nagisa pics. It was pretty nice to look at
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri