AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 39.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-25, 20:07   Link #101
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Fon-fon mentioned that he even doesn't know how to work as a team because he always work alone most of the time. This episode teaches Fon-fon how to work as a team with Nina on the helm and rest of the squad. I guess when against mature Filth Bugs the team will have to go again with the formula: Nina - bait, Sharnid - distraction, Felli - surveillance, Harley – blacksmith, Fon-fon – went for the kill.
Although I had to say, this tactic is very risky. If they always stick to that tactic and let's say their tactics failed - Nina is of course the first to be affected, and if given the worst-case scenario possible - that'll mean despair for me as a follower of this series.

That kind of tactic seems somehow too linear to me...

Well, that doesn't mean they can't be more flexible, which I believe they'll always do depending on circumstances.
Old 2009-02-25, 21:10   Link #102
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i think the rest of the team going to level up through out the series with Layfon help so they dont use the whole bait thing over and over again plus i think other platoons will get some power ups also. Actually i think the whole city going go through power up with Layfon kicking around.
Old 2009-02-25, 21:23   Link #103
boss
I am boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
"i'm a strong guy, gar. i don't like this new strong guy, so i'll piss on him. but then the new strong guy is like 100x more gar than me and will probably have to save me." speaking from the perspective of the 5th platoon leader.
After seeing the next ep. preview...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-25, 21:28   Link #104
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Soul Assassin”
That kind of tactic seems somehow too linear to me...
Of course, overall I was being sarcastic.

For now that’s the current role the rest of the squad could do against a mature filth bugs without actually getting in Fon-fon and Felli’s way. Fon-fon hasn’t got any dite that could sustain his kei and had to rely on crappy ones. This sadly somehow led Fon-fon’s reliance to the rest of the squad to cover that weakness.

But let’s say Fon-fon receives his Heaven Blade weapon back or a dite capable to sustain his kei output, I believe eventually he could went solo the dragon-bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Kinku”
i think the rest of the team going to level up through out the series with Layfon help so they dont use the whole bait thing over and over again plus i think other platoons will get some power ups also. Actually i think the whole city going go through power up with Layfon kicking around.
That’s what I’m hoping for. Fon-fon’s like an insurance making sure nothing will go wrong, even if Zuellni have to face similar opponents like the dragon-bug again. While using this handicap, Zuellni should face/hunt/leveling up on middle-bugs as many as possible. This is a chance for its military to increase and train its combat experience with casualties as minimal as possible, or even none at all with Fon-fon’s around.
Old 2009-02-26, 06:22   Link #105
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss View Post
After seeing the next ep. preview...

Spoiler:
Probably another one jealous of layfon
Old 2009-02-26, 10:41   Link #106
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's something interesting you should know. The scene where Sharnid points an Expandable baton at Harley was different from the novels.
Spoiler for How different was it?:
Old 2009-02-26, 10:47   Link #107
TrueKnight

Wtf Sharnid looked far more badass in that pic looking like Dirty Harry. This further convince me that the anime intending on making Layfon only the top dog and badass-looking stud in the show lol.
Old 2009-02-26, 11:21   Link #108
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it would make more sense to use that type of weapon, since it is Sharnid's type..
Old 2009-02-26, 11:36   Link #109
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
For this i want always know the differences between novels/anime xDD
Old 2009-02-26, 13:37   Link #110
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this episode :

Well it was good ! No Lillin's letter ... we don't know yet ...
Fon-fon kick this monster's ass with the others . He keep with him 1 day !
Felli was cute , and worried about Fon-Fon .
So now they understand the teamwork .

Next ep : We'll see the 5th platoon's power .
Old 2009-02-26, 14:33   Link #111
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, i was disappointed at the lack of Lillin's letter. they spent all of last ep developing it up, then they neglect it this ep.
Old 2009-02-26, 15:27   Link #112
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

To be honest Leyfon was alot less gar then I imagined facing off that monster. Perhaps it was due to the bad dite but it just seemed he couldn't make a scratch on the beast easily. I really want him to get a better dite so that he'll be so very overpowering.
Old 2009-02-26, 19:11   Link #113
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Here's something interesting you should know. The scene where Sharnid points an Expandable baton at Harley was different from the novels.
Spoiler for How different was it?:
Holy-- not to mention he's fully armed (he just had that other Gun-Dite of his right there at the waist...)

... Perhaps the anime used a baton instead in fear that fans would make a fanart of him actually pressing the trigger.
Old 2009-02-26, 21:06   Link #114
Lostdreams

... lvl up?
what the hell is that supposed to mean?
Humans don't level up...
Old 2009-02-26, 21:39   Link #115
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
To be honest Leyfon was alot less gar then I imagined facing off that monster. Perhaps it was due to the bad dite but it just seemed he couldn't make a scratch on the beast easily. I really want him to get a better dite so that he'll be so very overpowering.
I agree with you there. We wasn't as great as I expected him to be. Granted the monster was extremely powerful, he could have at least done some more damage after fighting it for hours on end.
Old 2009-02-27, 02:16   Link #116
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Probably it's due the monster's fast regeneration...
Old 2009-02-27, 02:43   Link #117
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i was about to say Layfon kinda know he had no chance with the mature monster so he was just thinking slowing it down by cutting off the wings so it wouldnt chase anyone down.
Old 2009-02-27, 07:00   Link #118
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Probably it's due the monster's fast regeneration...
Regeneration, inappropriate Dite AND the fact that the last time (we've and/or it was mentioned) Layfon had to tackle a Filth Monster, he was part of a team of three Heavens Blades. And even with their numbers, they still had trouble felling their target until they cornered it and hit it at its weakest state (the mother bug in ep05 was confined inside a cavern and busy laying eggs, so I wouldn't use it as a trusty reference either). Although one could point out that it did happen a while ago already and Layfon had the time to grow and buff up in the meantime, the Filth Monster in ep1 did remain a tough kill. In ep07, Layfon was fighting alone with an experimental weapon that Harley was still working on when Kallian gave the green light for a preemptive strike and ordered Layfon out.

As such, I wouldn't start saying that Layfon can kill a full-fledged Filth Beast in just one fell swipe - or slash, if you prefer it that way. Those massive creepy-crawlies are proven to be stubbornly resilient and even Layfon implied that it was possible for his eel-like opponent to regenerate its lost wing in one day, minimum - after which it'd start stalking Zuellni and looking for a snack. Granted, it's still a young Filth Monster, but it was pissed AND hungry...meaning that Layfon wasn't having an easy time either. Not to mention that fighting nonstop for an entire day does depletes one's kei supplies, no matter how large they are. Back in ep01, when you last see the other Heavens Blades talking together in Grendan, it's already sunset, meaning that it'd take at least a half-day for three HB to take down a mature FM.
Old 2009-02-27, 07:26   Link #119
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
The last one was a fresh mature form FB...and the first one an old mature form FB that can regenerate like crazy.
I guess Layfon has no problemn with fighting a day long, because his sword can't handle his full kei output so he didn't fought with full power.
The FB in ep was anot even mature form so it was easy run.
I hope we'll find out something from the faceless fighters and Dixero(the red haired guy from ep 3)
Old 2009-02-27, 09:20   Link #120
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't think he was even using the Adamandite against this monster.