AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-03-14, 18:59   Link #1221
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
^good point, so in episode 23 and 24 we will see yuji get the reiji maigo back and bal masque's plan "ruined", and thus give some what a closure to the series. and in sns iii the bal masque can just say "well, that didn't work. so we are going to active the spell which is much easier to do." now that i have thought about it a bit more i think it is actually a good plan (as we will need to wait atleast 1-2 years for season 3), all we need to do is to forget the last 3 episode from season ii when season iii comes out.
My beef is this is exactly the same ending for Shana I, and to top it off we could have a two episode recap at the beginning of Shana III just like in Shana II and more harem filler. Diluting the awesome for stupid reasons.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 19:44   Link #1222
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
My beef is this is exactly the same ending for Shana I, and to top it off we could have a two episode recap at the beginning of Shana III just like in Shana II and more harem filler. Diluting the awesome for stupid reasons.
"Diluting the awesome for stupid reasons" Yeah cause it's really smart to show all the awesome stuff now, and leave the series ending on a Cliff Hanger. We don't know what could happen, I mean Takahashi could die, or go into depression, and stop writing, or something like that before he finishes the Novels, then what we'd have a Season II that ended in a Cliff Hanger, and no Season III. It would be EXACTLY like Rozen Maiden where the anime left off on a cliff hanger, and there never was another season because the source materiaal was never finishe, and that would be HORRIBLE.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 19:55   Link #1223
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
"Diluting the awesome for stupid reasons" Yeah cause it's really smart to show all the awesome stuff now, and leave the series ending on a Cliff Hanger.
Apparently you're smart and I'm stupid, because I don't see why people such as yourself are so uptight with the "NO CLIFF HANGAR PLZZZ" buzz line. What? Both Berserk and Akagi, better anime than Shana, are notorious for having cliff-hanger endings. Let's also not forget that what WESTERNERS want is not the same as what the JAPANESE want, and since most anime ends inconclusively or on cliffhangers, a "conclusive" ending shouldn't even be considered. Especially since it'll have to be busted open again in the event of more.

Quote:
We don't know what could happen, I mean Takahashi could die, or go into depression, and stop writing, or something like that before he finishes the Novels, then what we'd have a Season II that ended in a Cliff Hanger, and no Season III. It would be EXACTLY like Rozen Maiden where the anime left off on a cliff hanger, and there never was another season because the source materiaal was never finishe, and that would be HORRIBLE.
My advice is that you go write a doujin and make up your own conclusion. RM's manga is complete and the only reason more anime hasn't (or has yet) been made is because of funding issues, not lack of material. This is especially true since RM wasn't even faithful to its manga, most of the story was anime original.
Old 2008-03-14, 21:12   Link #1224
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
"Diluting the awesome for stupid reasons" Yeah cause it's really smart to show all the awesome stuff now, and leave the series ending on a Cliff Hanger. We don't know what could happen, I mean Takahashi could die, or go into depression, and stop writing, or something like that before he finishes the Novels, then what we'd have a Season II that ended in a Cliff Hanger, and no Season III. It would be EXACTLY like Rozen Maiden where the anime left off on a cliff hanger, and there never was another season because the source materiaal was never finishe, and that would be HORRIBLE.
Hey, you paraphrased me! I demand a citation!

Quote:
Apparently you're smart and I'm stupid, because I don't see why people such as yourself are so uptight with the "NO CLIFF HANGAR PLZZZ" buzz line. What? Both Berserk and Akagi, better anime than Shana, are notorious for having cliff-hanger endings. Let's also not forget that what WESTERNERS want is not the same as what the JAPANESE want, and since most anime ends inconclusively or on cliffhangers, a "conclusive" ending shouldn't even be considered. Especially since it'll have to be busted open again in the event of more.
Personally, although in terms of storyline and fanviewing interest, a cliffhanger could be potentially better, there are safety factors that prevent some uptight folks like myself that give rhyme to the reasoning of no cliffhangers. While I agree on your Western-Japanese comment, that's just it. J.C. Staff or whoever is marketing to Japan, not to the rest of the world.

Quote:
My advice is that you go write a doujin and make up your own conclusion. RM's manga is complete and the only reason more anime hasn't (or has yet) been made is because of funding issues, not lack of material. This is especially true since RM wasn't even faithful to its manga, most of the story was anime original.
I didz! A young girl named Midori who goes to Jun's school ends up as Suiseiseki's new medium! And so on and so on. Check one of the RM threads for details - I basically wrote a whole third season.

Personally, I don't agree that Rozen Maiden's manga is complete. I heard that it was a business issue or something that led to a fast abruption of the Rozen Maiden series. Now I know about the whole Alice deal, but if the Alice game isn't completed, which it wasn't in the manga, then the story will practically never end. The only reason why the manga won't continue is because of that business issue. You're right about the anime side of things - there is much more material than is necessary to have a third season.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 22:03   Link #1225
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Hey, you paraphrased me! I demand a citation!

Personally, although in terms of storyline and fanviewing interest, a cliffhanger could be potentially better, there are safety factors that prevent some uptight folks like myself that give rhyme to the reasoning of no cliffhangers. While I agree on your Western-Japanese comment, that's just it. J.C. Staff or whoever is marketing to Japan, not to the rest of the world.

I didz! A young girl named Midori who goes to Jun's school ends up as Suiseiseki's new medium! And so on and so on. Check one of the RM threads for details - I basically wrote a whole third season.

Personally, I don't agree that Rozen Maiden's manga is complete. I heard that it was a business issue or something that led to a fast abruption of the Rozen Maiden series. Now I know about the whole Alice deal, but if the Alice game isn't completed, which it wasn't in the manga, then the story will practically never end. The only reason why the manga won't continue is because of that business issue. You're right about the anime side of things - there is much more material than is necessary to have a third season.
dammit...I was hoping you wouldn't notice, but seriously, I cite you......(now that's making me think of I knight you)

...You actually wrote a Doujin for Rozen Maiden....sounds like you have too much time on your hands.

Also what she/he said about Rozen Maiden is true, they never finished the main storyline, and they left quite a few things unexplained.
Old 2008-03-14, 23:15   Link #1226
Dark Wing

Quote:
I'm going to have to side with Manlintex_Terek on this one. Now I forgave J.C Staff for season 1 being anime original because they didn't know if it was going to be a season 2. However the second time around they did it again. I just can't see the logic in that.

Also before anyone mentions what if the author of the novels blah blah...I would be fine with the third season being a total original if it came to that hell J.C Staff seems to be good at that anyway.
Old 2008-03-15, 04:15   Link #1227
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
True, but we also have to deal with the assumption of most anime studios who think Western tastes = Japanese tastes (the idea of Bandai Visual) and thus complain when Westerners don't buy their stuff and blame it on online distro. If ANYTHING, online distro just spreads the word faster of the low quality of their work.
Old 2008-03-15, 07:25   Link #1228
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
The 'What Ifs' sound very scary, but you would at least think that J.C Animation might actually think about going out there to make something closer to the novels than adding in their own personal touches after the 'disasters' they have made.

In any case, what's the latest development in the novels now?
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 20:45   Link #1229
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
...You actually wrote a Doujin for Rozen Maiden....sounds like you have too much time on your hands.

Also what she/he said about Rozen Maiden is true, they never finished the main storyline, and they left quite a few things unexplained.
I'm a he, thank you very much. And why do you think I'm running an International Saimoe tournament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
In any case, what's the latest development in the novels now?
So far, no sign of novel 17 being released anytime soon.
Old 2008-03-15, 22:06   Link #1230
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
I'm a he, thank you very much. And why do you think I'm running an International Saimoe tournament?

So far, no sign of novel 17 being released anytime soon.

okay your a he sry kinda hard to tell on the forums.

Wait u founded the International Saimoe Tournament.......man I should start paying more attention to that website, and you really do seem to have a lot of time on your hands.......I can't believe C.C, and Eri tied though, I was hoping that C.C would win
Old 2008-03-17, 06:17   Link #1231
alvinkhorfire

So, how can Sabrac be killed completely? I mean, until he has no chance of resurrecting himself back again?
Old 2008-03-17, 13:30   Link #1232
dave55man
~The Prince~

Send a message via AIM to dave55man
Personally I think what JC staff did was a good move... Again if they introduced SnH in this episode then the would have 2 more episodes to do something with and the fact that it would be really OCC for Yuji to just merge in one epiosde with SnH. Personally I think that they will have this short arc with Yuji getting the reiji back at the end and then transforming into SnH is a proabble end and would conclude the series well. Now we only have to wait and see for what JC Staff does.
dave55man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 19:20   Link #1233
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
So, how can Sabrac be killed completely? I mean, until he has no chance of resurrecting himself back again?
Thats the thing if I remember correctly he was suppose to stay died...
Old 2008-03-17, 20:20   Link #1234
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Sabrac was never confirmed dead in the novel, either. And if you think about it, it would make sense he would have a bundle of POE stashed somewhere just in case his main body got obliterated by chance by a particularly violent Flame Haze.
Old 2008-03-17, 21:07   Link #1235
leefan

Yay, just randomly jumping into this conversation xD

theres a chance that SnH will be mentioned in season II, actually, i believe that it will be, since there was that line when sabrac went back, where he said "i have accomplished what i was sent to do" or something like that. but then, with that completely illogical part where hecate pulls out the reiji maigo (imean, if she could do that, why bother synching with him in the first season?[lets ignore that most of that was anime original])
i doubt they will end it on a cliffhanger though, and unless they introduce SnH and destroy him in anime original material within two eps, i just cant see it happening.

btw, does anyone know where to get raws of the novel?
leefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 23:49   Link #1236
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefan View Post
Yay, just randomly jumping into this conversation xD

theres a chance that SnH will be mentioned in season II, actually, i believe that it will be, since there was that line when sabrac went back, where he said "i have accomplished what i was sent to do" or something like that. but then, with that completely illogical part where hecate pulls out the reiji maigo (imean, if she could do that, why bother synching with him in the first season?[lets ignore that most of that was anime original])
i doubt they will end it on a cliffhanger though, and unless they introduce SnH and destroy him in anime original material within two eps, i just cant see it happening.

btw, does anyone know where to get raws of the novel?
Still, they've ruined all the buildup with episode 22. If SnH does appear, it's either going to be confusing or misunderstood. >_<

and it's against the forum rules to link to or tell how to get any materials like that. :\
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 06:09   Link #1237
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Sabrac was never confirmed dead in the novel, either. And if you think about it, it would make sense he would have a bundle of POE stashed somewhere just in case his main body got obliterated by chance by a particularly violent Flame Haze.
So, how to completely kill him? Destroy the entire city to disrupt his supply of POE?
Old 2008-03-18, 08:34   Link #1238
edgewalker00
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

hmm i have a question:

according to the manga and recently, the anime, yuuji had an elder brother that died in chigusa's womb. is it possible that yuuji was truly the first born of chigusa and kentarou and that he died but with the power of the reiji maigo, he was revived, making the couple think that they are again blessed with a new child?
edgewalker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 09:32   Link #1239
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Yuuji only received the Reiji Maigo one month before the start of the series, which was when the fight between Sabrac vs Pheles, Johan and Wilhelmina took place.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 10:55   Link #1240
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgewalker00 View Post
hmm i have a question:

according to the manga and recently, the anime, yuuji had an elder brother that died in chigusa's womb. is it possible that yuuji was truly the first born of chigusa and kentarou and that he died but with the power of the reiji maigo, he was revived, making the couple think that they are again blessed with a new child?
No. Reiji Maigo only deals with Power of Existence, which ignores health in its entirety. The firstborn died of an actual illness.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen