AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-22, 17:37   Link #441
Mazryonh

An exchange of underpants? If sharing a water bottle is an "indirect kiss," did Miyako call the underpants exchange "indirect sexual contact"?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 07:02   Link #442
Sides

Not sure who is the better main character Yamato or You Sato (ben-to)... Nevertheless fun episode. Miyako actions are as hilarious as last weeks' episode. Think Yamato made a penis-food joke,
Spoiler:

Never got the impression that Yamato was that dirty from previous episodes.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 10:19   Link #443
EroKing

Episode 4

This just got a hell lot funnier and it once again began with Miyako, the most fucking awesome character in the show.

She totally deserves the title of "The Ero Queen"

Ah Yamato, those words really touched my heart, I have a new found respect for you bro
Oh and thanks to him Chris will never look at a fried tofu wrapped sushi the same way again

Last edited by EroKing; 2011-10-23 at 12:30.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 10:34   Link #444
Wrath88
Kissing...

Considering the timeline of the story, he should have seen her naked quite a few times already...

Still reserving my judgment on this series.
Old 2011-10-23, 14:46   Link #445
Candyshark

Thank you Miyako you are saving grace of these series.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 15:44   Link #446
Mazryonh

Wow, that scene with Chris and Yamato in the bath must have been a lot of fun to record. Classic tsundere action from Itou Shizuka there.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 16:16   Link #447
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Err... no. After watching episode 4 I'm rising a white flag here. Gonna drop the series. Too much focus on ecchi and the typical harem gags. As a VN player, as much as ironic this may sound, this is a total letdown for me. Hope the rest of you enjoy it.
Old 2011-10-23, 16:40   Link #448
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Wow, this episode was just terribly paced.....TERRIBLE.

The entire first half was just a naked chick standing around and talking, so damn boring..I was so tempted to just give up....

Then the second half came, definitely was more tolerable, but still horribly paced, spending each half of an episode solely on talking to one girl for an entire scene gets boring REAL quick.....Then its worst when they didn't even properly introduce us to these girls....

I don't know if I'll be able to continue if the entire format will be like these last 2 episodes...

SN: And as a black guy, that dude at the end is seriously making me wonder if I should be trying to bust his damn mouth open.
Old 2011-10-23, 16:47   Link #449
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It's quite amazing how they animated the running gag during Christiane's route when Yamato "constantly" runs into the bathroom and sees Chris naked. Especially the other gag of Yamato convincing Chris with the "It's alright in Japan" method and actually making her fall for it

Finally got introduced to the challenger system for Momoyo, of course it still ends the same with them getting defeated in one shot. Also excellent play on showing Momoyo being extremely bi and whisking the captured girls away

Miyako is the same as usual

Showing Wanko's nickname "Dog" with Yamato merely blowing a whistle which will call Wanko right to him. Also her determination to become just like Momoyo.

So far, the anime does give some clear hints of character development. But it still makes me think it's meant for the VN readers to fully enjoy it.
Old 2011-10-23, 16:56   Link #450
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So far, the anime does give some clear hints of character development. But it still makes me think it's meant for the VN readers to fully enjoy it.
That's what I'm leaning on.....

A number of folks who watched this anime without prior VN knowledge are completely lost right now....but your post makes it clear you fully understand what's going on, and enjoying it.

I think that's probably who it was made for, but they could have at least gave a little heads up to let people know VN knowledge would be required....
Old 2011-10-23, 18:34   Link #451
Nanashi_1337

I recommend you guys to still visit this thread, and we will tell you when the truly good chapters start. For now, I suggest you to simply give up and only read the reviews. I'm still gonna hang in there as a fan, but I wish next episode is better, for God's sake. I had enough of bath scenes, seriously. Miyako scenes are not enough to save the anime, they should search for other characters as soon as possible.

And yeah, if you still haven't realised it, this is meant for fans only. I can confirm that other people that haven't played the game are completely lost right now after watching it so far. I had to lend to a friend my game and the english patch so he could understand the show.
Nanashi_1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 18:52   Link #452
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Yeah this anime is a complete disservice to the original VN. It offers little to nothing of what made the VN special and focuses on things that were never the original focus in the first place way too much. I already dropped it after episode 3 but seeing these preview images of episode 4 assures me that I'm not missing out on anything.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 19:35   Link #453
maplehurry

Man... is this anime in the same universe of guilty crown ?
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 19:58   Link #454
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

so all the girls got their 10 mins, can we get on with the story now?
Old 2011-10-23, 20:55   Link #455
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
This just got a hell lot funnier and it once again began with Miyako, the most fucking awesome character in the show.

She totally deserves the title of "The Ero Queen"
indeed!! whenever Miyako's on screen, 100% pure excellence and awesomeness is assured! She's the saving grace of the show, no doubt about it.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Ah Yamato, those words really touched my heart, I have a new found respect for you bro
I'd also like to add:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato
Unfortunately, Japan has been contaminated by Western ideals, and as consequence, it lost its respect for righteousness, and TV-programs changed because of it!
aah, what a truly awesome touching speech! It also works perfectly as a satire towards the current overall Japanese-anime situation (what with all the censors, Ishit-storm, etc.)
yeah, Yamato... I so agree with you! Japan should really get back to its 80's/early-90's era - [when showing nipples and naked anime characters on screen was no source of concern for anyone] - in order to reclaim its "righteousness" back again!
Old 2011-10-24, 07:29   Link #456
mikoo
Banned

Wanko really is adorable. I want to pat her head so much.

Spoiler for avatars:
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 08:28   Link #457
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Wanko really is adorable. I want to pat her head so much.

Spoiler for avatars:
I love Chris and Miyako but im going to have to steal that first one of Chris. Here are some cookie for your excellent work.
Old 2011-10-24, 10:03   Link #458
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

@those who intend to drop the anime: If Majikoi itself hasn't completely estrangered your experience, you should try out the manga. It's a lot more based on the VN and starts off at the beginning, although I do not know in which direction it is heading. I found it more funny than the anime at least (although I'm not the most humor-appreciating person ...).

@episode: Ooookay~ Will this character 1 in first half, characters 2 + 3 in second half concept be kept? From the look of it it seems more than a row of individual stories of each girl (regardless if based on the VN or not) than an overall connected story. Oh well, Miyako was awesome as ever. Chris was uhm ... Yamato is surely a master in discussing his opinion the in-depth way. I guess it shows Chris "pureness" in her way of thinking and sets her "flag to capture".
And Wanko was simply fun. I think I'm one of few people who actually liked her route as one of the better ones.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 10:16   Link #459
Mentar
Banned

As a big fan of the game, I feel torn.

Why?

Because while there are still enough chuckles left in the anime, the "concentrate on this girl" format doesn't work out well. It's simply not remotely enough time for proper characterizations, so the girls are being "dumbed down" and simplified. Which turns them into cookie-cutter Haremettes. Sad.

Example: In the game, the process of getting Chris and Yamato together was REALLY slow and required alot of effort from both sides. In most aspects, they are polar opposites of each other, and it requires _extreme_ work by Yamato to _gradually_ change Chris' resentment to respect to appreciation to love. And seeing this slow development along with her self-doubts reflected in Chris' inner dialogues made the result all the more appealing. Over here, Chris seems merely one of many girls trying to get into his pants.

I can only repeat my recommendation: If you're generally interested in settings and characters, play the game. It's definitely worth it.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 18:19   Link #460
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yay! I see lots of Chris

but seriously... too much fanservices hurt my eyes

finally we can see other girls development in ep 3 and 4
I can't understand anime's plot.... xD
but I'll keep watching because I know this anime actually has good story (well, once again... the manga is good)
maybe I must consider to play the game....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, eroge, seinen