AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-04, 23:22   Link #2201
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
She wants Ooarai to be running in panic like headless chickens, so that she could get them in a situation where she could humiliate them further.
I think she got her chance.... It now depends if she wants to ignore it... Blasting the chursh would bring them a "crashing" victory over the Ooarai, unless she has other plans....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Yes, same reason bullets make sparking ricochets on every available nearby surface when they miss people on TV—if they'd just gone flying past them in midair, it would be a lot more difficult to tell that people were being shot at and/or notice the danger.
I made me laugh.. Hit by a stray shell...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 23:38   Link #2202
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So... I have noticed Miho makes friends with every school she defeats. At the very end, I suspect this well happen:

We know who Miho will face in the final.

So basically, all the schools Miho defeated will supply Oorai with a tank from their school as a way to even the odds against Black Forest. So hopefully we will be seeing a collection of tanks united against a common foe?

Just a lil' wishful thinking.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 23:41   Link #2203
whitecloud

i guess i know why pravda can field up to 15 tank...miho said that maximum cap of 10 tank is the "old" rule while 15 most likely is the new rule...

anyway....i just noticed russian punishment 25 days in classroom without sunlight.....WOW....can you imagine that
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 23:42   Link #2204
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
So... I have noticed Miho makes friends with every school she defeats. At the very end, I suspect this well happen:

We know who Miho will face in the final.

So basically, all the schools Miho defeated will supply Oorai with a tank from their school as a way to even the odds against Black Forest. So hopefully we will be seeing a collection of tanks united against a common foe?

Just a lil' wishful thinking.

- Tak
Basically.. "You reap what you sow." Friendship forever!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 00:00   Link #2205
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

If Oarai can manage a Lend-lease with St.Gloriana and Saunders, they technically could have access to the Churchill VII, M4 and the firefly. Those, if properly crewed, could put together a fierce force that can actually conduct field engineering works while giving Oarai some of the best field guns available. I remember that Saunders also boast an arsenal of TDs, which would give Oarai tactical flexibility in deployment options!

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 00:06   Link #2206
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Miho's mother is in a team??
o.O
Old 2012-12-05, 00:15   Link #2207
Darsovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I remember that Saunders also boast an arsenal of TDs, which would give Oarai tactical flexibility in deployment options!
Which is a shame that they didn't field ANY of them during the first match except a Firefly which isn't even American!

Would've loved to have seen an M10 Wolverine or M18 Hellcat! I mean the US really believed in the tank destroyer doctrine despite what they were up against.

M10 Wolverine

M18 Hellcat
Darsovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 00:26   Link #2208
Xacual

I was extremely disappointed this episode. For one there was no strategy talk before the actual game like the previous times and Miho didn't talk about Pravda's usual strategy which they followed this episode like she was thinking in her room. It just screams stupid to me.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 00:31   Link #2209
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
If Oarai can manage a Lend-lease with St.Gloriana and Saunders
I think they should send Covenanter cruiser tank and multiple turreted M2 combat car, that makes more fun to watching, besides, it craze Yukarin happy!
florallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 00:33   Link #2210
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
For one there was no strategy talk before the actual game like the previous times and Miho didn't talk about Pravda's usual strategy which they followed this episode like she was thinking in her room. It just screams stupid to me.
She tried to, but everyone else got bouyed by their previous victories that they pretty much shut her down before she even started. And given Miho's personality, it was hard to get a word in edgewise anyway.
Old 2012-12-05, 00:37   Link #2211
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsovin View Post
Which is a shame that they didn't field ANY of them during the first match except a Firefly which isn't even American!

Would've loved to have seen an M10 Wolverine or M18 Hellcat! I mean the US really believed in the tank destroyer doctrine despite what they were up against.
I'm pretty sure that the American tank destroyers are disallowed for safety's sake. They're all open-topped so HE rounds and shrapnel will end up killing people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I was extremely disappointed this episode. For one there was no strategy talk before the actual game like the previous times and Miho didn't talk about Pravda's usual strategy which they followed this episode like she was thinking in her room. It just screams stupid to me.
It's just further proof of Miho's limitations as a commander and as a tactician. However, episode 8 also demonstrates how much better she is at both these roles than anyone else at Ooarai. Yukari is probably the second-most levelheaded person in the team, and she had no idea why Miho was concerned after they scored their first kills.

Quote:
She tried to, but everyone else got bouyed by their previous victories that they pretty much shut her down before she even started. And given Miho's personality, it was hard to get a word in edgewise anyway.
The problem is that she didn't explain her research to the rest of her team, and that she didn't have any plan for if Pravda were to pull a feigned retreat off.
Old 2012-12-05, 00:45   Link #2212
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Anime Industry to Cease After Most Recent Episode of Girls und Panzer

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 00:49   Link #2213
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Well this is not surprising and unfortunate that there will be no season 2 Girl und Panzer
Old 2012-12-05, 00:51   Link #2214
Xacual

Quote:
And they should have listened to her. There has been multiple instances in the previous matches showing that her plan of action is usually the best thing to do. That all of sudden they weren't willing to listen to her again is like I said stupid.

Others have said Pravda is of course going to lose because the plot requires Ooarai to win but it also feels to me that plot required Ooarai play stupidly just to make this situation happen too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 01:03   Link #2215
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm pretty sure that the American tank destroyers are disallowed for safety's sake. They're all open-topped so HE rounds and shrapnel will end up killing people.
Funny, they had a legion of those on Saunders' ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Well this is not surprising and unfortunate that there will be no season 2 Girl und Panzer
You... didn't take that seriously, did you?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-05, 01:05   Link #2216
Random Wanderer

Ye gods. I stop reading posts for a day to allow the episode translations time to come out, and you lunatics post ten pages?

Girls... you found a Tiger last time. It outguns and out-armors anything else on your team. WHY are you not deploying it?! It is literally the best tank you have, and it's probably in better condition than the B1, considering where each of them was found. You're up against last year's champions, they outnumber you by more than two-to-one, and you're NOT using the most powerful and durable tank you own?

Did they seriously make the Type 89 their flag tank this time around?

Whoever made this episode lacks an appreciation of just how cold cold really is. If that's supposed to be a Russian winter, than those girls out there in their seifuku have already frozen to death and the entire match is just their final hallucinations as they succumb to hypothermia.

Bloody... it shoots at you and runs away and you immediately chase it? Really? Even after warning yourself ahead of time that they like to lure people in with feigned retreats? Not wise at all.

So... the Lee has lost its main cannon, the StuG has lost a track which renders it incapable of aiming, and the Panzer IV's turret and/or gun is out. So... that leaves us with the 38(t) (useless, because Momo can't aim), the B1 (run by rookies. They're doomed), and the Type 89 (...yeah). Should we discuss how screwed the girls are now?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 01:07   Link #2217
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You... didn't take that seriously, did you?

- Tak
Quote:
“But after the last episode of Girls und Panzer, we all know that there is nothing more to accomplish in anime.”
ha? what he wrote in his website was wrong? it was a joke?
Old 2012-12-05, 01:09   Link #2218
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Should we discuss how screwed the girls are now?
Curses be upon thee, cliffhangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
ha? what he wrote in his website was wrong? it was a joke?
.................................................. .................................................. ............

- Tak

Old 2012-12-05, 01:13   Link #2219
garbage

^ with all the Sales and Bruhaha GuP has been generating in Japan and overseas, I think it would be more surprising if they don't at least try to make a 2nd Season ^^

--- especially for a new(?) starting(?) studio(is it?)
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 01:24   Link #2220
Tak

Yeah, and in 2nd season, they need to bring out them Leopard IIs!

- Tak

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks