AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-27, 11:25   Link #21
janipani

There is two things I am looking forward to... I hope Luffy hasto rely solely to his non-fruity powers
and that there will be few opponents that actually are strong.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2013-03-27, 11:40   Link #22
shalala

If Lucy where to use his df would that not be a dead give away that he is Luffy?
Old 2013-03-27, 11:47   Link #23
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
If Lucy where to use his df would that not be a dead give away that he is Luffy?
Wait...Lucy is Luffy!? Put that in spoiler tags dammit!
Old 2013-03-27, 11:49   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm very interested in the Sanji subplot, because I have no idea where it is going. It will probably be relevant somehow.

The tournament could be interesting if Luffy has to fight without using his DF powers. I hope it won't last too long though.
Old 2013-03-27, 12:14   Link #25
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Seems like a good time for Jesus Burgess show up! It's a tourny and he's a wrestle champ of sorts... Could be also one good reason for the BB pirates get ahold of Mera Mera no mi.
Old 2013-03-27, 12:15   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder if there will even be some real fights in the colliseum, or if it will be like in HxH, where Killua took his exam by defeating everybody in the waiting room.
There are some named characters in there, so it will not be a quick transition cut to the end.
Old 2013-03-27, 12:24   Link #27
Freeter
beyond

If Oda's really doing a sendup of Fairy Tail, I wonder how far he'll take it. Maybe we'll even get a male Erza
Old 2013-03-27, 13:37   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Maybe Luffy will simply store the fruit in a chest, until one day, a kid he befriended on some remote island eats it by mistake...
Old 2013-03-27, 14:09   Link #29
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Luffy brings it to Coby and he accidentally eats it.... Or Tashigi ends up eating it by accident..... the ditz.

G-5 soldiers: Burn some more! *nosebleed*
Tashigi: Hey, stop looking here!
Old 2013-03-27, 15:03   Link #30
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Maybe Luffy will simply store the fruit in a chest, until one day, a kid he befriended on some remote island eats it by mistake...
I'm expecting this or a bad guy eating the fruit. I really hope Luffy won't get a second devil fruit power.

Anyway for a moment I thought Olivia was Robin. That is what happens when you don't read every text bubble or panel.
Old 2013-03-27, 15:54   Link #31
ranchan13

Luffy won't get the fruit. A Flaming Rubber man is just an insane concept, and Luffy would seem almost overpowered against nearly every other pirate in the series. Yes, he will be the Pirate King, but he needs to have people who still seem stronger than him until he achieves that goal.

Personally, I think Sanji's the best fit for the fruit, but he won't eat it. Next best would be to give the fruit to Zoro.

I'm hoping the Fruit goes to a new crewmate, or stays in a box till Luffy can pull a Shanks
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2013-03-27, 16:10   Link #32
Undertaker

After actually reading the chapter, I'm OK with him leaving Zoro. It was better that what spoiler make it sounds like and was really Zoro leaving a distracted Sanji..

Though I still wondering about the killing request and something is definitely going on with Violet...

As for Luffy, that last scene is pretty awesome, though I really hope the tournament don't drag on too much.
Old 2013-03-27, 17:36   Link #33
ronin myael
lost ronin

i'd much rather have luffy keep the mera mera no mi until someone deserving comes along instead of having one of his crew mates eat it. sanji and zoro are powerful enough and we have yet to see them fight at their full strength. franky is cool just the way he is, no need for a DF. and nami and usopp are meant to be the weakest in the crew, if they were to become that powerful they'd lose their charm. i like them just the way they are.
Old 2013-03-27, 18:14   Link #34
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
IIRC he didn't board it because he lost his way, but because he wanted to take a nap there.
I think at Punk Hazard, he ran the other way around while carrying Tashigi and did catch up with the marines at the front (rather than at the back).

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The Sanji side-story has thrown me for a loop. Obviously it will tie in somehow to something, but I have little idea where and how (which isn't a bad thing).
It is likely that the person that she asked Sanji to kill is a key person for the objectives. Might be tied to the smile factory somehow.

Quote:
I also liked the brief mention that marines and police were not allowed in the Colosseum. Sadly the one-legged toy that gave us this info has now joined the ranks of fodder discussed as possible crewmates...
If they can fix him the other leg, and if he appears at least one more time, this time, helping the crew.
Old 2013-03-27, 19:34   Link #35
adriankhoo153

1. Front colourful page... Is Nami pulling her shirt to let ppl see her ?
2. Erm, why this round no cover page Kehihi?
3. It have been explain that if DF owner died, the food will appear somewhere in the world, but why BB get WB DF easily?
Old 2013-03-27, 19:58   Link #36
Rainbowman

I've been busy outdoors, now for my review. LOL on Luffy registering as "Lucy". If any of Luffy's crew should have the Mera Mera Fruit, it should be one of Zoro's swords. I'd prefer that Nami have a zoan fruit. As for Blackbeard getting Whitebeard's fruit so easily, we have yet to know that.
Old 2013-03-27, 20:44   Link #37
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I personally don't care for Luffy's attachment to the mera mera fruit. Luffy knew Ace long before he acquired said fruit, so it really should have little to no sentimental value to him. And besides, Luffy is always looking towards the future and doesn't like to dwell on the past. I can understand him not wanting the fruit to fall into evil hands, but to view it as a memento of sorts is somewhat silly. Ace should be remembered for who he was, not the fruit he possessed.
Old 2013-03-27, 20:52   Link #38
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I personally don't care for Luffy's attachment to the mera mera fruit. Luffy knew Ace long before he acquired said fruit, so it really should have little to no sentimental value to him. And besides, Luffy is always looking towards the future and doesn't like to dwell on the past. I can understand him not wanting the fruit to fall into evil hands, but to view it as a memento of sorts is somewhat silly. Ace should be remembered for who he was, not the fruit he possessed.
That's what I said in previous chapters...I was hoping so hard that Luffy would just go "So what? It's just a fruit he ate..." and punched the guy in the face with the fruit.

Sadly it doesn't seem like it's happening. I am disappoint!
Old 2013-03-27, 21:18   Link #39
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

^ maybe because if Luffy didn't care about the Mera-Mera Fruit existance, the whole point of introducing Colosseum and Gladiator battle will be a waste since he won't participate on it

Although I'm kinda hoping Zoro and Kinemon will participate instead of Luffy, since they can settle their problem (regarding shisui) there and whoever wins will give the fruit to Luffy anyway

but well...
Old 2013-03-27, 22:07   Link #40
marvelB

Yeesh, sorry for my late re-entrance! Was REAL busy today, I was....

Anyways, I see some more people voicing their silly delusions. Pfft, you fools..... your Usopp Logia fantasies will puff up in smoke, rest assured!

Actually, if there is anyone who I can [i]potentially[i] see eating the fruit..... it would be Momonosuke. At least he's a unique case to begin with since his dragon zoan is an artificial power. So maybe it's possible to combine both "real" and "false" DF powers in one person. Plus, I feel it just makes sense for a dragon to have fire powers (plus, his dad already has a heat-type ability too, so like father, like son, I guess).

As far as the chapter goes, I must also say I'm interested in where the Sanji subplot is going. But I'm also equally interested in the toy soldier. I'm sure he'll have a somewhat important role this arc because it wouldn't make much sense for Oda to give him the intro box otherwise. And while I'm usually not too crazy about tournament arcs (well, at least from non old-school series anyway), I am interested in seeing if any of those guys would actually be a decent match for Luffy (I'm hoping that Lao G will, at least)......

Also, I dunno if anyone else mentioned it yet, but I find it highly amusing that FRANKY of all people is being the straight man of this arc so far.
Closed Thread