AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 15:07   Link #81
Claym0re

Fun fact. We haven't seen a single titan taken out by anyone else but Mikasa.
Claym0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 15:09   Link #82
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

^ Oh god I just noticed this. Thanks for pointing that out Claym0re. Well, the second episode did have a cannon killing one?
Old 2013-05-19, 15:11   Link #83
Claym0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
^ Oh god I just noticed this. Thanks for pointing that out Claym0re. Well, the second episode did have a cannon killing one?
Since they regenerate even when their head is blown off I highly doubt that.
Claym0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 00:43   Link #84
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claym0re View Post
Fun fact. We haven't seen a single titan taken out by anyone else but Mikasa.
Only screen anyway. She's been the most focus of the battles.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:04   Link #85
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

And for good reason. Every time she goes into action, somewhere a little song kicks off:

"Let the bodies hit the floor."
Old 2013-06-05, 00:11   Link #86
gowfan05

hey guys, is mikasa relationship with eren a "love relationship" or "family relationship"? I'm up to date on the manga and anime and know how it could be both, but which relationship is more?
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 00:15   Link #87
Destined_Fate

They aren't real siblings so it can easily become love later.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 00:26   Link #88
gowfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
They aren't real siblings so it can easily become love later.
+1 I agree with you Destined_Fate
Old 2013-06-05, 00:53   Link #89
darklegends8

I hope it becomes love later.
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 01:07   Link #90
Dread Fox

The show has just about zero love story aspect.

But you know what? That could be a good thing. I mean out of nowhere they could hit us with Mikasa telling Eren how much she loves him or vice versa and it would be sooooo good. I mean do we need the show to hint at it? Do we need them to do the typical anime dance of shyness and awkwardness and frustration?

No. We really don't. We need Eren and Mikasa alone in some situation where death is a possibility and they straight up kiss and love just happens.

That's why Guts and Caska from Berserk are so great. It built up to it but not in a way where you'd expect it. So when they did kiss it was like HELL YES!! Greatest thing ever!

Would love to see the same happen here. Please God not multiple scenes of Eren confiding in Armin acting like a high schooler all "Wha? Mikasa? And...and me? I just...what do you think Armin?"

I'd want to blow my brains out lol.
Dread Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 02:04   Link #91
gowfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Fox View Post
The show has just about zero love story aspect.

But you know what? That could be a good thing. I mean out of nowhere they could hit us with Mikasa telling Eren how much she loves him or vice versa and it would be sooooo good. I mean do we need the show to hint at it? Do we need them to do the typical anime dance of shyness and awkwardness and frustration?

No. We really don't. We need Eren and Mikasa alone in some situation where death is a possibility and they straight up kiss and love just happens.

That's why Guts and Caska from Berserk are so great. It built up to it but not in a way where you'd expect it. So when they did kiss it was like HELL YES!! Greatest thing ever!

Would love to see the same happen here. Please God not multiple scenes of Eren confiding in Armin acting like a high schooler all "Wha? Mikasa? And...and me? I just...what do you think Armin?"

I'd want to blow my brains out lol.
OOOOHH! I gotta check that anime out. But Yes +1, I like your scenerio as well! (and isn't armin a boy?).
Old 2013-06-05, 02:38   Link #92
Destined_Fate

I dunno, Mikasa treats Eren far more than a simple sibling and even wanted to die when she realized she may have to live in a world without him.

Guts x Casca WAS good but than they turned Casca into that "thing" and have kept her that for ages....
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:58   Link #93
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I think romantic development between them is definitely possible since the shows indicated that they've only gotten to know each other a year before fall of Wall Maria. This means at this time they've known each other for 6 years or since they've been 12 or so. This means anything is possible in the future.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 15:20   Link #94
gowfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I think romantic development between them is definitely possible since the shows indicated that they've only gotten to know each other a year before fall of Wall Maria. This means at this time they've known each other for 6 years or since they've been 12 or so. This means anything is possible in the future.
+1 good point! I never did take notice of the years which each event took place. Hmm.. random question: "Where do babies come from?" says mikasa, is there a reason for the author wanting her to state to say that?
Old 2013-06-05, 15:41   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The question isn't so much "is a romantic development between those two possible", it's "would any other girl risk the wrath of yandere Mikasa just to be with Eren?". As long as the the answer's no, the choice for Eren would be between Mikasa and celibacy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:11   Link #96
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The question isn't so much "is a romantic development between those two possible", it's "would any other girl risk the wrath of yandere Mikasa just to be with Eren?". As long as the the answer's no, the choice for Eren would be between Mikasa and celibacy.
Armin would.
Old 2013-06-05, 17:57   Link #97
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

There were some love moments between other side characters, but when someone is in love, it means giants will target and eat you first. XD
Old 2013-06-05, 18:10   Link #98
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowfan05 View Post
+1 good point! I never did take notice of the years which each event took place. Hmm.. random question: "Where do babies come from?" says mikasa, is there a reason for the author wanting her to state to say that?
Probably a hint. My guess is that Mikasa is actually a result of genetic engineering to produce a Titan-killing super-solider. She maybe a test-tube baby of some sort created by Dr. Jaeger. My gut tells me there's definitively some mystery to her origin story.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2013-06-05 at 18:12. Reason: Spoiler Removed
Old 2013-06-05, 19:14   Link #99
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Mikasa's body reminds me of Cammy from Street Fighter. Abs.
Old 2013-06-06, 11:41   Link #100
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Probably a hint. My guess is that Mikasa is actually a result of genetic engineering to produce a Titan-killing super-solider. She maybe a test-tube baby of some sort created by Dr. Jaeger. My gut tells me there's definitively some mystery to her origin story.
I'm thinking this way as well. Why else would the good Dr. be checking up on her on a regular basis?

Endless "Time for your shot" Soul

Tags
characters