AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-23, 12:28   Link #201
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I know. Amongst female characters there's hardly anyone "better".
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 18:39   Link #202
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
eh, isn't tomomi the primary heroine? even the official website has her face on every page...lol, okay not that its a definite proof.
Characters are listed Aki > Tomomi > Flameheart on the character page and Tomomi's card picture is on the border of every page. Not to mention she's on Volume 1 of the Light Novel. I'm not arguing that Tomomi is the main heroine, for one being the main heroine doesn't guarantee romantic success in the first place, I'm just saying it's absurd to say she isn't and Flameheart is. They are both co-heroines, but we'll see who drives the story forward.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 21:02   Link #203
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Card x Lady

The third episode was very beautiful, because it properly fleshed out Miminas' life tribulations through dialogue, and Akiharu succeeded delivering not only a good impression on her but being able to express himself by tending her and truly realizing her problems.

In contrast to the previous episode, in this one Akiharu did not found himself thrown at a mess where likely he would have ended up in a fanservice situation at comical fashion.

He was bestowed the chance to become a proper hero to a girl that desperately wanted for everyone to hear her that she wished to draw for the things she liked and not for someone's sake.

Though Mimina stubbornly says over and over that she's 19-years-old, for me it's hard to buy given that her body's physiology is that of 6-7 year-old.

Either she's one of the following:
1. A super-genius with a high I.Q. that skipped through many school grades. (An unfeasibility and improbability, given that the Japanese School System does not allow to skip grades)

2. Borned with a genetic condition or a disease that prevented her body from maturing physically.

3. Or (which in stories of this type of genre may become an absurd possibility) Afflicted by a magical spell.

4. Or, to put it simply, many Japanese male-otaku viewers will always love the moe and cute loli-types.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 21:39   Link #204
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
2. Borned with a genetic condition or a disease that prevented her body from maturing physically.
Probably this, since she mentioned being sick and in a hospital.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 21:51   Link #205
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Wow this was MUCH better than I thought it would be. I'll keep watching :P
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 04:05   Link #206
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Watched Episode 3, thinking it would be lame, but I was really surprised.

I'll be damned but Akiharu is a really charming male lead. He's just so likable and cool compared to so many others I've been seeing lately that it makes me happy to watch this show. Just the dynamic between him, Selnia, and Tomomi makes the show really worth it. And I had doubt that I wouldn't enjoy this episode (Since the dojikko was so annoying) because it was focused on a mis-aged loli, but it was really good.

Character depth? Characters speaking out? Open perverts? A delightful tsundere? This could be my favorite fanservice anime I've seen in a while.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 18:41   Link #207
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

I like this show now. Sorta like....Seitokai no Ichizon--comedy but with "seriousness" after the beginning.
goes to show that first ep impressions aren't always correct either lol.
Old 2010-01-24, 19:08   Link #208
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
After the first episode I never thought this show would become an enjoyable one, but I was wrong!
Old 2010-01-24, 20:14   Link #209
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Watched Episode 3, thinking it would be lame, but I was really surprised.

I'll be damned but Akiharu is a really charming male lead. He's just so likable and cool compared to so many others I've been seeing lately that it makes me happy to watch this show. Just the dynamic between him, Selnia, and Tomomi makes the show really worth it. And I had doubt that I wouldn't enjoy this episode (Since the dojikko was so annoying) because it was focused on a mis-aged loli, but it was really good.

Character depth? Characters speaking out? Open perverts? A delightful tsundere? This could be my favorite fanservice anime I've seen in a while.
This is what I think about the show so far as well, Akiharu is actually quite composed compared to well like 99% of the male leads out there, especially in the harem genre.

It's like you know what to expect but its surprisingly good to watch cause it's done rather well

I had only took interest in this series cause of the winter expectation thread, the little summary alone was enough to gain my interest and am glad that I decided to check it out.

question who is VA for the principal...eh also what is the her name too?
Old 2010-01-25, 10:09   Link #210
uis

Actually ep3 is really nice if you compare ep1 and ep2. I got to said that as light novel reader i quite dissapointed with XEBEC with ep1 but ep3 really redeem that. Love how ep3 really excuted well and quite entertaining. Anyway XEBEC made a really good OP and i hope XEBEC can deliver another good episode in next episode.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 10:54   Link #211
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
This is what I think about the show so far as well, Akiharu is actually quite composed compared to well like 99% of the male leads out there, especially in the harem genre.

It's like you know what to expect but its surprisingly good to watch cause it's done rather well

I had only took interest in this series cause of the winter expectation thread, the little summary alone was enough to gain my interest and am glad that I decided to check it out.

question who is VA for the principal...eh also what is the her name too?

Principal's Va is Mariya Ise.
Main roles include: the protagonist from Touka Gettan (too lazy to check name)
Nemuru from Ookami Kakushi
Aruka from Needless

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 16:23   Link #212
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Lol ep 4 is out.

Akiharu: So I was gonig back to the classroom to change my clothing...
Selnia: WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU DOING?!

Aki: Drill, just shut up!!!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 16:33   Link #213
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Its starting to look like Ladies vs Butlers might be a sleeper series. From all the new replies and expectations. That is of course depending on how they proceed with series. So far im satisfied with what we have given and happy with all the little hints of coming events and thats to a little song bird *cough* Mentar *cough* i have been informed about some coming events that is sure to get the discussion flowing like a waterfall. Its always nice when your hopes for a series direction actually starts to head that way.
Old 2010-01-26, 20:29   Link #214
Nosauz

This is no seitokai no ichizon, this just on the line of so bad it's funny and less anything else. The whole, see you in your panties now we have to get married was so cliche, but overall even though the show is somewhat boring and extremely cheesy it manages to be somehow entertaining. Maybe it's the nopple effect but still not really all that, maybe it's so bad it's ok, but yea you get the point.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 00:33   Link #215
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Not bad ep. I have found a rather likable MC ( not surly,not overly cynical, a nice guy who sticks to his guns). He's really shining. Though this ep I wish they had shown us the fruits of Osawa's artistic prowess.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 01:39   Link #216
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 03:28   Link #217
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hahaha the inner ecchi in me is just absolutely loving this show

As usual the same question is pops up here "why in the hell would you resist?!!!"

Grow a pair already!

and yea as I thoguht from the start Tomomi is just doing the same o same o, guess we'll have to wait for later to get a little more from her.
Old 2010-01-27, 23:02   Link #218
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
This is no seitokai no ichizon, this just on the line of so bad it's funny and less anything else....
I agree that it's no SeiZon, but I don't think it's bad at all. It's not breaking new ground, but I laugh out loud every week, and exactly where they want me to. The idea here is to work variations on things we've seen before, not to create new memes. For me, there hasn't been a character yet that didn't work. Ep4 did it once again.
Spoiler for ep4:
And besides Tomatsu, Nakahara Mai and Kawasumi Ayako are excellent as Flameheart and Saikyou, respectively. Especially Kawasumi.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 04:05   Link #219
Johnny
Working the bags...

Pretty funny episode...The screeching running attack by the bodyguard had me rolling. Also her voice had me itching to go watch Nyan Koi again... Not sure what to make of Daichi though, or maybe I'm just slow...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 05:21   Link #220
Mentar
Banned

Why I like this show? Because I can watch an entire ep in one piece without getting irritated. It's by no means awesome or incredibly original, but it just WORKS. The main triangle is adorable, and the "character of the week" eps were okay too. The ecchi level is stimulating without going overboard (with the exception of the tit-monster dojikko who however got an "inverse joke" this time since nobody cared about her antics). No grimacing and wincing on my end, and that's rare for this kind of show.

Now, I've got to say that they made Ay REALLY alluring. Respects to Aki to successfully resist till the end (where she looked VERY close to success though ^_^)
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen