AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-10-15, 12:07   Link #261
bastek66

Oh boy.
Spoiler for gif:
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 12:29   Link #262
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 12:50   Link #263
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Oh boy.
Spoiler for gif:
And to think that I was torn between the childhood friend and the ADD-airhead
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 13:24   Link #264
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Oh boy.
Spoiler for gif:
Haven't seen the episode yet but here's a freebie set of that

Old 2012-10-15, 13:51   Link #265
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
And to think that I was torn between the childhood friend and the ADD-airhead
Who?
Misaki is chilhood friend of Jin. Nanami is Osakan. She didn't know MC as a kid.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 15:27   Link #266
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Yeah, everyone in the cast starts out as strangers to the MC, so no childhood friends or little sisters here.

Ep 2 pretty meaningful despite having much of the trappings of a standard romcom.

I think this is my next, "lot better than it looks" anime after Oda Nobuna no Yabou.
Old 2012-10-15, 19:33   Link #267
DorkingtonPugsly

It was definitely your average slice of life rom-com most of the way through, but the ending definitely gave it a special boost. It's unfolding into a nice show, so I'm happy.
Old 2012-10-15, 19:54   Link #268
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Haven't seen the episode yet but here's a freebie set of that

Awesome. I'll use that
Old 2012-10-15, 19:57   Link #269
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Yeah, everyone in the cast starts out as strangers to the MC, so no childhood friends or little sisters here....
This is true, but there is no doubt in anyone's mind who is being referred to when we talk about the "childhood friend" character. And I like her just as much as I do the whole ill-starred bunch of osananajimi characters, lol.

She (Aoyama Nanami) is played quite well, I think, by Nakatsu Mariko, who is a relative newcomer despite already being 29. She did some TV acting and a bit of seiyuu work in the early 2000s, but has recently had two real anime roles: this and Erika in Ginga-e no Kickoff.

I've read part of the manga, so nothing here is a surprise to me, but it's still quite entertaining. And Kayano Ai's voice is great, even if I'm not enjoying how Matsuoka Yoshitsugu is over-playing the lead. I just hate this silly over-prudishness. But he was probably told how to do it, and things may gradually change.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 20:21   Link #270
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This is true, but there is no doubt in anyone's mind who is being referred to when we talk about the "childhood friend" character. And I like her just as much as I do the whole ill-starred bunch of osananajimi characters, lol.
It's not the person I'm talking about but the ROLE. And in relation to the MC there are no girls here playing that extremely common character archetype. And even if we were talking about this from Jin's POV Misaki doesn't fit the mold of most standard childhood friend characters.

Oh and I really like the OP song but the OP animation is kinda bland and doesn't fit the upbeatness of the music.
Old 2012-10-15, 23:03   Link #271
00Coyote

Here's yet another show that I should probably not like, given the setting. MC etc, but the wacky hijinks and timing of the comedy so far help keep it above Y.A.H.S. (yet another harem show)

It does score visual points for Shiina's red(ish) eyes, and long straight hair.

Also for Aoyama's pony tail and facial expressions.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 23:10   Link #272
monir
cho~ kakkoii

"I've drawn a picture." pause

silence

continued silence

Did I just witness one of the best pauses taken in anime to think up a retort? And he still fell short.

Episode 2 was gold! High five J.C Staff.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 23:37   Link #273
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

WATASHI BE AMBITIOUS!!

The quotes in this show are great. Sorata's VA is doing a nice job keeping his reactions varied and interesting too.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 23:57   Link #274
leokiko

Comedy gold. Great anime, one of my favorites of the fall so far. Lots of awesome fanservice as well

Oh also, does anyone wanna bet that Sorata will be the writer of Mashiro's manga? Her art is amazing after all, only her writing sucks.

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-10-16 at 00:31.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 00:34   Link #275
DorkingtonPugsly

I have to say that after listening to the ending theme over and over, I really love it. It's not something brand new or unorthodox but the singer's voice and the instrumentals really pack emotion. I also like the structure of the song. Good stuff.
Old 2012-10-16, 00:40   Link #276
HandofFate

Why was the book of Mashiro's paintings doing on the dining table. Did she put it there herself, or did it belong to the MC from an earlier episode or scene?
Old 2012-10-16, 01:06   Link #277
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaKarma View Post
I have to say that after listening to the ending theme over and over, I really love it. It's not something brand new or unorthodox but the singer's voice and the instrumentals really pack emotion. I also like the structure of the song. Good stuff.
The singer is Suzuki Konomi, who was 15 when she sang the OP to Tasogare Otome Amnesia last spring, and will only turn 16 in November. She had won a nationwide contest to sing an anime theme. Here is a video of her win. And here is her blog. That previous song, "Choir Jail," sounded a bit harsh to me, but she seems to me to have gained more control of her tone in the intervening months. Big voice. Lots of talent. Stage mother. I think this is one of several good OP/ED songs this season.

@HandofFate: As for Mashiro's book I think the idea was that either some other resident was looking at it there, or she was. Not the MC. But the real reason was to set up the scene, of course.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 02:40   Link #278
Znail

My guess is that it was Jin as he had looked at it recently enough to know what the front of it said.

Poor tsundere girl is totally chanceless against a girl with no inhibithions what so ever
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 02:49   Link #279
starlol

Funny episode. Sorata is stuck with taking care of Mashiro.
Love the pervertic jokes. Nanami got more screentime in this 2 episodes than I expect her to. I'm somewhat surprise that Mashiro clear up the misunderstanding. I thought she wouldn't do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Here's yet another show that I should probably not like, given the setting. MC etc, but the wacky hijinks and timing of the comedy so far help keep it above Y.A.H.S. (yet another harem show)

It does score visual points for Shiina's red(ish) eyes, and long straight hair.
http://i.imgur.com/4sGDL.jpg
Also for Aoyama's pony tail and facial expressions.
http://i.imgur.com/LBVuA.jpg
It's not a harem show.
Old 2012-10-16, 03:12   Link #280
Sumeragi
Banned

I figure some people might be interested:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life