AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-01, 21:37   Link #1001
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
L-Let's not lose our head with such thoughts.
Yeah. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 22:01   Link #1002
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Himawari is the brains and now there going to have other combinations besides just with Akane
Old 2013-02-01, 22:14   Link #1003
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 4:

- Don't know what will happen later on, but for now it seems they're dead set on the Akane harem route. Yuri harems are a rarity so will be interesting to see where the story goes, but by calling it "friendship" they could get away with anything by this pont.

- Will be pretty funny to see if Homu gets converted by the power of the Care Bears within the next episode, or if it would take longer, maybe even the rest of the series. It'll definitely start next episode though, with the "don't be so nice to me" line.

- Apparently Studio Trigger worked on this episode, and yeah the action this episode was top notch, with the machinery being particularly impressive. Since this is an fairly high-profile A1 production I'm keeping an eye on the kind of staff we get on this series. May get Ordet/Yamakan at some point.

- I see Rei was talking to a bird in the preview. The question then is did Rei had to put someone into a fridge as well?
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 22:26   Link #1004
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Episode 4:
- I see Rei was talking to a bird in the preview. The question then is did Rei had to put someone into a fridge as well?
Tamako market bis?

and yes probably a scientist as the grandfather of akane which ended in the body of a bird's will probably be a person who worked with him at the time and maybe it was the explosion of the era that gave birth to the "Alone"?

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-02-01 at 22:43.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 23:20   Link #1005
The Green One

Hmm Rei is next huh? Well, what's the most cliched backstory I can think of for her? The crow in the preview is the body her father is currently inhabiting, a genius scientist and close personal confidante of Kenjirou Isshiki and the only other person in the world who knew and believed about the alones. While Isshiki was building the engine, the father's job was researching the Alones in an attempt to understand and prepare for them. He made many breakthroughs and was able to learn quite a bit even understanding their very structures and powers.

But alas, he never got any recognition for his work as no one else believed in them while Isshiki's fame grew and grew. His jealousy grew darker and darker then one fateful day he decided that Isshiki's grand experiment with the engine must fail to ruin him! And so he sabotages the experiment causing the accident but blowing his body into the mind of a crow.

Now trapped in the body of the crow and falling even further into bitter madness he convinces his only daughter Rei that the only way to save her beloved Papa, her only living relative, is that the engine must be destroyed to reverse his condition and uses his Alone research to empower her with the ability to super charge the Alones to increase their power and make them evolve. So Rei warped and twisted by the dark power of the Father's experiments sets out to see that engine reduced to a smoking crater in the ground.

But the questions in her begin to grow and doubts take hold......

*rereads the post* Man.....that would be cliched. I wonder how close I am?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 00:00   Link #1006
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Hmm Rei is next huh? Well, what's the most cliched backstory I can think of for her? The crow in the preview is the body her father is currently inhabiting, a genius scientist and close personal confidante of Kenjirou Isshiki and the only other person in the world who knew and believed about the alones. While Isshiki was building the engine, the father's job was researching the Alones in an attempt to understand and prepare for them. He made many breakthroughs and was able to learn quite a bit even understanding their very structures and powers.

But alas, he never got any recognition for his work as no one else believed in them while Isshiki's fame grew and grew. His jealousy grew darker and darker then one fateful day he decided that Isshiki's grand experiment with the engine must fail to ruin him! And so he sabotages the experiment causing the accident but blowing his body into the mind of a crow.

Now trapped in the body of the crow and falling even further into bitter madness he convinces his only daughter Rei that the only way to save her beloved Papa, her only living relative, is that the engine must be destroyed to reverse his condition and uses his Alone research to empower her with the ability to super charge the Alones to increase their power and make them evolve. So Rei warped and twisted by the dark power of the Father's experiments sets out to see that engine reduced to a smoking crater in the ground.

and imagine that in the next episode that you wrote is true!!
Old 2013-02-02, 00:37   Link #1007
EroKing

Old 2013-02-02, 02:30   Link #1008
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
HO YES!!!!!!! I love the pic'
Old 2013-02-02, 04:12   Link #1009
Ingram

Quote:
Hmm Rei is next huh? Well, what's the most cliched backstory I can think of for her? The crow in the preview is [...]
Girl and crow/raven? Didn't we see that already in Princess Tutu? Rei is Rue, and Akane is Ahiru? The hat that's part of her mechical girl suit reminds me a lot of Tutu's, with that feathery thing sticking up. ;p
Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 07:31   Link #1010
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:

Nanoha, because SCIENCE? Did I miss something here?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 21:28   Link #1011
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

in this episode we have confirmed one thing Saegusa loves cute things and people,all the cute girls are sheltered or not
Old 2013-02-02, 22:11   Link #1012
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:

The only issue is that it would be several times easier for Rei to go to the engine herself and blow it up directly rather than empower the Alone. The security over there seems like a joke.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 22:22   Link #1013
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Man, with all these references, I'm just waiting for shit to hit the fan. Too bad I also know that would never come...
Old 2013-02-03, 02:35   Link #1014
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
The only issue is that it would be several times easier for Rei to go to the engine herself and blow it up directly rather than empower the Alone. The security over there seems like a joke.
It's called a cliche for a reason.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 02:43   Link #1015
Shyni

I'm still underwhelmed by this show. Still looking forward to the next episode though. Backstory for not-Homura should be interesting.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 03:18   Link #1016
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
There's probably a reason why Rei is using her powers to empower the Alone rather than to initiate a direct offensive over Blue Island. From what I'm seeing, her bow's only powerful in its current purpose, and it's useless anywhere else.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 04:37   Link #1017
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
WHOA Himawari-chan has a nice set of.... ahem, cannons dosent' she?
Spoiler for Naked Big-Breasted Cuteness!!:

Hmm, always seems in moe Junior-High Series and Dating Sims, the smart and introverted ones may have it hidden, but they are always the best stacked!!
Ah damn please tell me she is above legal.....
Old 2013-02-03, 06:07   Link #1018
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
she's in middle school. Police will be after you but its not like it stops the others for doing so waving at them in the cell.
Old 2013-02-03, 06:21   Link #1019
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
She's fourteen, baka...
Old 2013-02-03, 10:30   Link #1020
Midonin
Last Engage

VROOM 04 - Himawari-san@Ganbaranai

I've seen some fanart that posits those yellow bottles in Himawari's room may be... something else. A Super Haker would have different hygienic habits than a person who gets out more. Though that's not going to be a problem after this week, but the ideas fans come up with, at times scary and yet plausible. Akane's got quite a swing in any sort of sports if she can break a window and a camera - I also liked that that scene let us a see a roster of the minor characters in Akane's class. Going by what the other Vivids have been like, this means Akane's fused form is likely to have a giant boomerang of some sort. Though I do wonder if Akane always has to be the one doing the docking, or if other possibilities are available. Either way, glad to see the entire team of four assembled.

Himawari and Love Live's Kotori are the same person, but her singing voice wasn't quite as high pitched in this ending, and it helped that it blended with Ayane Sakura's a bit. I have been quite curious about Rei, so looking forward to seeing what's up with her. That ring of feathers on her neck can't be good.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, science fiction