AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Old 2007-10-17, 20:33   Link #601
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Just finished over all a great episode kept my attention quite nicely. Nanaka was not as bad as i thought she was going to be. But she was as shy and reserved as i predicted. I think the outing in the long run was success as it bought everyone closer and set the stage for the group to pick up where they left off when Sana left. They even managed to added one more member with Hoshino completing the love triangle.

The knife scene shocked me as i didnt read the spoilers i found out about it as i was watching the episode. Speculation on this im sure is rampant. My guess since its obvious that Sana did not want to take the watch off, was something happen to him that involved blood, i dont think it was the knife that cause his panic attack. Its possible he tried to cut him self or got an injury that left a scare or the watch was an actual gift from someone dear to him it could go in a couple of different directions. Im honestly loving the series and on my personal scale its giving Clannad a run for its money.

favorite line: "Well im sorry, Im the consolation prize in the boob competition"
I laughed my ass off.
Old 2007-10-17, 20:43   Link #602
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

Oh whoops, there goes the chances of all the other girls. Like it or hate it, compounded with the developments of episode 3, there's a 90% chance of THAT girl winning this series. Other 5% is the guy doesn't decide, while 5% is spread out for the other girls. One can root for who they want all they want, but it's going to be a very long shot. Kinda like being a Red Sox fan right now...
The game and the anime will have different scenarios, so information from the game won't spoil the anime and vice versa (phew). With that said, it has been pretty clear that Nanaka is the MAIN girl of this show. The only one who can even come close is Asami. The teacher ? Very unlikely. Hinako ? Let's hope not. All the other girls are behind Nanaka and will probably not betray someone they've known since they were kids (assuming they are even interested in Sana).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
favorite line: "Well im sorry, Im the consolation prize in the boob competition"
I laughed my ass off.
Yeah, I love the twins. They're friggin hilarious. Aoi on the other hand....
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 20:46   Link #603
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmm..the show doesn't disappoint and Episode 3 continues to be nice too. Neway..my thought s on Episode 3

1) A bit disappointing to see that Nanaka's anger was only because she wasnt recognized by Sana. I guess..she did over react in that case. Still..it seems strange that Sana doesnt try to break the ice by apologizing. He is lucky that she heard what he said in the Piano room

2)Aoi-chan's voice is still painful

3)But well..that is where my complaints end. Hoshimi-san continues to be a real cutie.

4)Comedy was pretty nice in this episode, wit hthe pantsu incident and the consolation prize joke.

5)Nice to get some info on Sana. Seems Like he attempted suicide by cutting his wrist. No wonder his Mom is so tensed

6)Overall..i think every relation progressed a bit..and ends up making me like this show
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 20:54   Link #604
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
1) A bit disappointing to see that Nanaka's anger was only because she wasnt recognized by Sana. I guess..she did over react in that case. Still..it seems strange that Sana doesnt try to break the ice by apologizing. He is lucky that she heard what he said in the Piano room
Well considering they only took 2 ep to deal with that problem, I'd say it's pretty justified... What I would of been worried of is if she stayed like her Tsun mode from ep2 throughout the series, then only to be justified by "because you didn't recognise me"

The reaction and time it took for Nanaka to get over it was to be expected.. Nothing dissapointing here for me.
Old 2007-10-17, 21:13   Link #605
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@grey_moon
All in due time my friend. I mean, even...
Spoiler for KOR:

I'll say it again, all in due time. While I cannot guarantee it will be decent, I can guarantee they will attempt to explain why she behaved that way in the beginning once we get to the climax of the story.

Again, hold your horses people.

@Holyman
Actually, funnilly enough, that wasn't meant to be an SD reference. I just like that cliched situation in general... you know, like Emma? I had hoped HP would've turned out the same, but alas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
This is like the fastest thread on the forum now.
Pfft. Nothing beats how fast the saimoe thread grows.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 21:19   Link #606
Frazzlehoon
¯\(o_O)/¯

Aoi's voice is just... >________>
And Sana's "EHHH?" is getting annoying too. :[

Other than that, I'd say its a decent series. More Nanaka please. :]
Frazzlehoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 21:51   Link #607
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I think that Aoi is defiantly not in the running after her highlighting that the present is special because it is for Nanaka. I just think Aoi is a sweet sweet girl that treats all her friends really well and is glad to have Sana back as a friend.

I'm still wondering how the unlucky one will get her flat chest into the game.
Old 2007-10-17, 22:18   Link #608
Major1138

I'd have to say I've been surprised by this show - I just watched the first episode on a lark, and it certainly exceeded my expectations. I think most of the speculation regarding Sana's likely traumatic past has been played out by this point - we'll just have to see what happens going forward. I'm definitely getting a "the awesome power of friendship" vibe from this show so far, which is certainly reinforced (at least to me) by the OP, which has somewhat melancholic lyrics and imagery up front (all the characters looking lost in thought alone, black feathers, tears and flames), but a rather upbeat tone at the end when everyone is rocking out on stage together.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 00:49   Link #609
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Episode 3 owned. Looks like Sana's got his own reasons for coming back. I wonder... well, I hope its something unexpected, but not nice boatish.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 01:43   Link #610
DanielSong39

My, oh my....

There was that sinking feeling that I just couldn't shake througout the episode; a once promising show unraveling before my eyes... heading towards that inevitable train wreck that would send the whole story down the tubes.

Simply dreadful. I can't begin to describe where the episode went wrong, but I'll give it a shot:

Nanaka - Quite simply, she is a lot more entertaining when she's being a cold-hearted *****. Her new personality is simply painful to watch. And don't get me started on the 180 degree turnaround from the first two episodes.

Aoi - Went from a character with excellent potential to a fanservice machine. Two thumbs down for that development.

Plotting: All the so-called developments and efforts at drama are so telegraphed that they lose their punch. I know all these "mysteries" are supposed to get me more interested, but they just make me roll my eyes.

Sana - Perhaps the biggest problem in the show? Painfully dull and without personality. Serves as a convenient punching bag/pincushion; we can all expect Nanaka to put him through the emotional wringer time and time again. Frustrating to watch.

One bad episode isn't reason to drop a show, but I just don't like where this show is heading. After a strong start, it has all the signs of becoming the utterly mediocre and forgettable tripe that people predicted from this show in the beginning. I was hoping for something different, even knowing that it would probably in vain... and it looks likely that it will be completely and utterly dashed.

Power rankings: (Last week's ranking)

1. Asami (2) - At the top almost by default. Does everything right, and has a kind and gentle personality that is compatible with Sana.
2. Aoi (1) - Would be at the top if the producers didn't do a hatchet job on her character in episode 3. Perhaps they feared she would overshadow Nanaka?
3. Shura (3) - Minus points for trying to set up Sana with Nanaka. Anyone with eyes would notice that Asami is much more compatible with Sana, and that she has replaced Nanaka in the circle of friends.
4. Nanaka (4) - Please, try living in the present. Even if they patch things up, it's obvious that they are incompatible - they're better off as friends. (which means, in animeverse, that they're destined to become eternal lovers...)
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 01:49   Link #611
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
My, oh my....

There was that sinking feeling that I just couldn't shake througout the episode; a once promising show unraveling before my own eyes... heading towards that inevitable train wreck that would send the whole story down the tubes...

Simply dreadful. I can't begin to describe where the episode went wrong, but I'll give it a shot:

Nanaka - Quite simply, she is a lot more entertaining when she's being a cold-hearted *****. Her new personality is simply painful to watch. And don't get me started on the 180 degree turnaround from the first two episodes.

Aoi - Went from a character with excellent potential to a fanservice machine. Two thumbs down for that development.

Plotting: All the so-called developments and efforts at drama are so telegraphed that they lose their punch. I know all these "mysteries" are supposed to get me more interested, but they just make me roll my eyes.

Sana - Perhaps the biggest problem in the show? Painfully dull and without personality. Serves as a convenient punching bag/pincushion; we can all expect Nanaka to put him through the emotional wringer time and time again. Frustrating to watch.

One bad episode isn't reason to drop a show, but I just don't like where this show is heading. After a strong start, it has all the signs of becoming the utterly mediocre and forgettable tripe that people predicted from this show in the beginning. I was hoping for something different, even knowing that it would probably in vain... and it looks likely that it will be completely and utterly dashed.

Power rankings: (Last week's ranking)

1. Asami (2) - At the top almost by default. Does everything right, and has a kind and gentle personality that is compatible with Sana.
2. Aoi (1) - Would be at the top if the producers didn't do a hatchet job on her character in episode 3. Perhaps they feared she would overshadow Nanaka?
3. Shura (3) - Minus points for trying to set up Sana with Nanaka. Anyone with eyes would notice that Asami is much more compatible with Sana, and that she has replaced Nanaka in the circle of friends.
4. Nanaka (4) - Please, try living in the present. Even if they patch things up, it's obvious that they are incompatible - they're better off as friends. (which means, in animeverse, that they're destined to become eternal lovers...)
I see KANON 2006 flaming repeat itself in this thread >.>

Well..but everyone has his views..although i dnt think the episode was so bad.

As for Nanaka..well..I would accept that I would have been happier if she had softened up when Sana himself apologized. Neway..since in a harem..we r judging the girls more than the guy..no one really bothers like me i guess
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 01:51   Link #612
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
And thank goodness I make it a point not to expect too much from this show. It will set me off ranting if I see just a dip in what I expect in my own opinion.

Looking at it, the change in Nanaka is pretty drastic, but I won't put it past me to see her getting her feathers ruffled up again sometime in the near future. The key point to this reaction would be the fact that the synopsises (however fake they might sound) have stated that the childhood friend 'has changed.' This series should be around 13 episodes, I gather, so having three episodes dallying on that isn't very good, which is why it would be an improvement if episode 4 speaks more about these changes, and the subsequent episode allows us to delve a little more into the past as well.

As it is with Sana, 'generic' seems to fit the bill, which was exactly why I stopped being so expectant that Myself; Yourself would turn out to be an unexpectedly good anime with good depth and development.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 02:40   Link #613
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Somehow, the moment I saw Nanaka this episode, immediately I could picture the complaints and unhappiness being posted on this thread....

Sana provided an interesting development as well... So he's afraid of blood huh...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 03:42   Link #614
Hage-bai
Banned

Nanaka - a biotch to princess...weak sauce.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 03:47   Link #615
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hage-bai View Post
Nanaka - a biotch to princess...weak sauce.

You didn't seriously expect her to stay mad forever right?
Old 2007-10-18, 03:48   Link #616
Saleh
Inactive

Finally got time to watch Ep 3 & it turned out to be a bit disappointing *sighs*. Rather than Nanaka’s personality, it looked more like atmosphere of this anime changed drastically. Was there a time skip of 3-4 weeks?
Old 2007-10-18, 03:57   Link #617
Hage-bai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You didn't seriously expect her to stay mad forever right?
I guess not..this is a harem after all..like most others of its genre it will fall into the depths of medocrity.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 04:03   Link #618
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I enjoyed episode three. Nanaka softened up a bit for me, but I never hated her in the first place. That was a wtf nice boat-ish moment, but I'm hoping it won't sail in that direction. I don't know why you people hate this anime so much. Compared to the female leads of KgNE and SD Nanaka is a softie.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 04:07   Link #619
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I guess not..this is a harem after all..like most others of its genre it will fall into the depths of medocrity.

It has nothing to do with genre. As a story progress, things change.

Unless you were hoping things change for the worse
Old 2007-10-18, 06:11   Link #620
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Chaos has a point, genre does not tell you anything about a show.... Nanaka's change of heart was not unexpected for me... You'll notice that in ep 3 she didn't soften up "that" much to Sana early on. She was just talking to him a bit more, but there was still an emotional gap between the two for most of this ep... The fact that Asami was there didn't help with the situation.

Spoiler for ep 3:

My favourite part of ep three would have to be

Spoiler for favourite part:

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, dogakobo, drama, romance, school life, yeti