AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-04-16, 02:07   Link #441
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Because i would like to know if Zoro vs Sanji goes to really serious situation just like Luffy vs Zoro at Alabasta due to misunderstood.

I fan of both Zoro and Sanji because of plenty of Zoro vs Sanji ever since from Nami's homeland.
No, they aren't actually trying to kill each other. They do genuinely care for each other in their own ways.

Though... I guess Oda did kinda address this in an SBS when he described the Strawhat Pirates as a family, with Zoro being like the eldest son in the family, and Sanji being the second son... so the fighting and bickering between them kinda makes sense~
Old 2016-04-16, 08:23   Link #442
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I still won't take some of what he says in the SBS completely serious.
He likes to joke about a lot things imo. As well as I'd like to call BS on the family thing, Franky is no father figure neither is Robin being a mother figure she's closer to being an Aunt.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 15:17   Link #443
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

I think Oda has a little more say in what goes than any of us do.. Sorry to burst your bubble.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 12:03   Link #444
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Well, there are some quarrells anyway especially when Zoro and Sanji was on Foxy Ship.

https://youtu.be/KCFJcXqKIlc

They both really want to fight that bad
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 15:10   Link #445
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I still won't take some of what he says in the SBS completely serious.
He likes to joke about a lot things imo. As well as I'd like to call BS on the family thing, Franky is no father figure neither is Robin being a mother figure she's closer to being an Aunt.

Well, of course several of Oda's SBS responses are joke answers, but that doesn't automatically make ALL of the info provided bogus. Heck, sometimes he even ends up making some of those joke answers "canon". One particular example that comes to mind is that "floaty wood" or whatever that he used as an excuse for Mr. 3 floating on water despite being a DF user. What clearly started as a mistake on Oda's part ended up becoming a "reality" later in the story (that same floating wood was used to float the Sunny back to the surface when the crew left mermaid island). I think there might have been other examples, but they escape me right now, lol. Point is, you can't always dismiss Oda's words, no matter how silly!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 00:03   Link #446
Eevsirrom

Michael and Hoichael! Hahaha
Eevsirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-01, 18:17   Link #447
marvelB

Volume 82's SBS info is here! Big credit goes to AP's Sandman for the info:

-The name of Law's submarine is "Polar Tongue" (or maybe "Tang"?).

-Here's a really interesting one.... Oda lists the hobbies of all the pirates of the "worst generation"! Gonna quote Sandman here:

Quote:
Luffy (adventure, party)
Zoro (training, liquor),
Law (roaming, collecting anniversary coins)
Kidd (listening to music, collecting weapons)
Apoo (DJ, surfing)
Capone (watching paintings, board game)
Hawkins (interior designs, taking a bath)
Drake (reptiles enthusiast, Astrophysics)
Bonney (food, Jenga)
Killer (Drum, cooking)
Urouge (liquors, love affair, climbing mountains)
Blackbeard (gambling, history research!!)
^I find that latter hobby of Blackbeard's to be quite intriguing in particular....

-Oda lists the ages of various veterans from Roger's generation:

Quote:
Rayleigh (78)
Roger (77)
Garp (78)
Sengoku (79)
Tsuru (76)
^Huh, I'm a bit surprised that Sengoku is older than both Tsuru AND Garp. Did he dye his hair during his fleet admiral days or something?

-Perona is currently 25 years old, and is 160cm (or a little over 5 feet if we use non-metric measurements). She considers Moria to be a parent since he picked up and raised her from childhood. She still believes that her master is alive somewhere....

-According to Oda, Happiness Punch is probably stronger than the King Punch.

-Just gonna quote Sandman again for this one:

Quote:
- Recently Oda feels like Nami getting more popular. He doesn't care at all even if his audience watch his female characters with an sexual intention. It is because Oda believes professional people shouldn't complain no matter how his audience watch his characters since they bothered to pay money to the "merchandises". Oda's manga mentor also said the same thing.
^In this case, I guess that means Oda is cool with the countless hentai doujin material involving the OP ladies, heh.

-Doflamingo's favorite food is lobster, but his least favorite is anything barbecued. In fact, he has bad memories about barbecued foods.

-The reindeer mink that Chopper has a crush on is named Milky.

-Time to quote Sandman again:

Quote:
- Oda loves middle-aged persons. There are some people who look down on them just because their strength is getting weaker. Oda has hated such young people who can't respect middle-aged persons. One of the fantasy Oda wants to draw is where middle-aged persons don't lose their strength much. He strongly believes such a world would be very cool.
^Personally, I also like badass middle-aged people, so Oda's not alone in that regard.

-Sabo grew out his hair to hide the scar on his face.

-Lastly, we get pics of the Straw-Hat Grand Fleet (aka Luffy's Dressrosa allies) as kids! Unfortunately, there's no pic of that just yet...

-And now for a neat bonus: A special promo book for Film Gold (called Film Gold Episode 0), has additional sketches of two vice-admirals who were previously featured in SBS corners, Momousagi (Pink Rabbit) and Chaton (Brown Pig/Boar). And better yet, there IS a pic for this one:

Spoiler:

Man, this was a great SBS! The best in a long time, I'd even say! Anyways, I'll post that pic of the pirate alliance as kids when it's available!
Old 2016-07-02, 10:32   Link #448
itachi-san314

^ thanks for posting that! The hobbies are indeed interesting. Most of them (if not all) are actually quite revealing about the characters and make total sense, despite some sounding weird at first.

I'm also a fan of the old school tough guys btw. There's something more badass about an older fighter than a younger one.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 19:05   Link #449
marvelB

Alright, here's the pirate alliance as kids (credit goes to SquallL from AP for the pic):

Spoiler:

^Pretty interesting to see Cavendish had that horse by his side since childhood. And Sai.... looks kinda like Usopp. Anyways, as far as extra info goes, here's some new character birthdays:

Quote:
Master Nekomamushi (11/22)
Pica (12/14)
King Cobra (2/13)
Carue (11/8)
Pell (8/23)
Chaka (4/26)
Kohza (5/26)
Igaram (12/6)
-Apparently, the song Nekomamushi was singing while bathing may have been Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 (not exactly confirmed by Oda, but he seemed to find the idea amusing).

-Also, one more little tidbit: Oda refers to Gambia from Barto's crew as a missionary of "Luffy-senpaism", lol.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. Until the next SBS!
Old 2016-07-03, 12:26   Link #450
Rainbowman

Master Nekomamushi- Scorpio
Pica- Sagittarius
King Cobra- Aquarius
Carue- Scorpio
Pell- Virgo
Chaka- Taurus
Kohza- Gemini
Igaram- Sagittarius

Strange that there isn't a birthday for Inuarashi yet.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 18:53   Link #451
marvelB

Hey, guys! This isn't exactly SBS-related, but I thought would make for a neat thing to post, anyway! Oda's had a few interviews recently, I believe for the main purpose of promoting Film Gold. Nonetheless, they contain some very interesting info (though some of it may come across as a bit worrying, admittedly....). Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the summaries!

First up, it's Oda's interview from the One Piece Great Newspaper Vol. 2 (spoiler tagged for length)

Spoiler for summary 1:

Next up is a summary of some other recent interviews (again, spoiler tagged for length):

Spoiler for summary 2:

Next up, Oda confirms that he knows exactly he's going to draw in the final panel of the series:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ill-be/.104694

And lastly, some more bits of trivia (some of this is already somewhat common knowledge, but for those who missed it, here ya go):

Quote:
- ONE PIECE was inspired by the anime "Vicky the Viking" Oda watched in his childhood. He likes especially the scene in which the protagonist kid says "I'm going to set out to sea with my father!"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicky_the_Viking

- Oda made a resolution to draw Pirate Manga when he was in junior high school.

- An editor taught Oda about how to draw a good manga when Oda was 17 years old.

- When Oda started ONE PIECE, he was going to finish it in 5 years.

According to another interview, his plan was like,
All crewmates join before Grand Line. (1- 1.5 year)
Great adventure (3 years)
Final arc (1 year)"

source: Sound Recording (2012)

- Oda doesn't know for sure why ONE PIECE has become so popular. He goes so far as to call it a "miracle". He thinks Strong World in 2009 might have been the turning point.

- One of his main target audience is Oda himself when he was a boy (around 15 years old).

Once again, credit goes to Sandman for most of that info! Yes, those bits about Oda's health are concerning, but at least he's still truckin'. Otherwise, lots of interesting info there, particularly stuff like Oda himself not knowing how Kaidou will be dealt with, or the CP0 stuff (so Lucci is a commander, and Spandam is still as power-hungry as ever.....). I also like that we got more info on Chaton and Momousagi. Sounds like Oda made those characters canon after all, which is great in my book! Lastly, depending on the source, the series is somewhere between 65% to 70% completed... though I can still see the series taking another decade before ending (and hopefully with Oda in better health...).
Old 2016-11-01, 15:47   Link #452
marvelB

Volume 83's release is upon us, so of course that means another round of SBS! Credit goes to the swell folks over at AP forums for the info:

-As it turns out, some members of the Heart Pirates were opposed to Law forming an alliance with the Straw-Hats. The members in question are Ikkaku (Narwhal in Japanese, and apparently the lone female member of the crew), Uni (sea urchin), and Clione.

-This one is... quite interesting. Just gonna quote AP's Sandman here:

Quote:
Q: Why do Doflamingo and Violet call each other "Doffy" and "Viola"?

Oda: Actually there is a profound setting about it, but I'm afraid I can't tell you. I told my editor about it, though.
Considering ONE PIECE is Shonen manga, I'd like to hide it since the reason is for adult audience. Dressrosa is a nation of passion, indeed!!
^Whoa.... did Dofla and Viola really have THAT kind of relationship!!???

-Someone asks if Heraclesun's (the beetle guy Usopp trained with during the skip) actual name is Heracles. Oda merely replies that he doesn't know himself, and that it's an eternal mystery, lol.

-We get the ages of the allied members of the Straw-Hat Grand Fleet!

Quote:
Sai: 28
Hajrudin: 81
Bartolomeo: 24
Cavendish: 26
Orlumbus: 42
Ideo: 22
Leo: 25
Baby-5: 24
-A reader is convinced that Edward Weevil is NOT Whitebeard's son. Oda replies that whether or not he's WB's son hasn't been confirmed yet, but he pretty much expected readers to deny the two characters' relation, heh.

-Here's another interesting one. Again, gonna quote Sandman here:

Quote:
- Zunisha is classified as Naitamie-Norida elephant. He(?) has super long legs and one more joint than normal elephant.
By the way, "Mie and norida" (見栄、ノリだ) mean something like "gone too far" in Japanese. lol

Spoiler:
-A reader tells Oda he was scolded by his mother, and asks if she's stronger than Akainu. Oda replies that mothers in general are the strongest creatures in the world.... stronger than Kaidou, even. But it's okay because they love you more than anyone.

-Apparently, it was the Tontattas who taught Montblanc Norland how to cultivate pumpkins.

-Someone asks what would happen if he tore apart women's bras like Smoker did when he was in Tashigi's body, but Oda merely dodges the question by ending the SBS corner right then and there, lol.

Well, not bad, I suppose. That thing about Dofla and Viola is what will likely get the most attention though, I guess....
Old 2016-11-02, 11:15   Link #453
ellifeedn
Thinker

I feel that Violet was just trying to get on Doflamingo's good side and did not really care for him.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 12:05   Link #454
Ramero

One thing that i would like to speculate a lot is about Jinbe that i suspect he will join Straw Hats eventually.

I realize that Jinbe will fill the last spot on Straw Hats since the ship doesn't have one key components which was Diplomat.

Jinbe will be more likely a Diplomat for Straw Hats and Straw Hats Grand Fleet to maintain the relationship between Straw Hats and other pirates that want to alliance with or joining the Grand Fleet.

I was hoping this can be true in the future since we already seen how Jinbe become a diplomat from Fishman Islands for a long time.
Old 2016-11-02, 15:44   Link #455
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I feel that Violet was just trying to get on Doflamingo's good side and did not really care for him.

Yeah, but still.... to sleep with the guy who usurped her dad's throne, had her sister killed, had her niece thrown into a gladiator arena, turned her family into social pariahs and overall destroyed her home country..... she seriously must have had a will of iron to be willing to go through with that, yeesh. :/

On another note... going back to Zunisha, it turns out that he may be based on this painting by Salvador Dali:

Spoiler:

^In fact, Sandman pointed out that the name of Zunisha's species when read backward can mean something like "Dali's painting". Very interesting!
Old 2016-11-02, 16:51   Link #456
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-A reader tells Oda he was scolded by his mother, and asks if she's stronger than Akainu. Oda replies that mothers in general are the strongest creatures in the world.... stronger than Kaidou, even. But it's okay because they love you more than anyone.

-Apparently, it was the Tontattas who taught Montblanc Norland how to cultivate pumpkins.
Those are the highlights I find interesting. Speaking of mothers, how strong do you think Charlotte Linlin is against Kaidou?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 05:42   Link #457
marvelB

Thought this would make for a pretty interesting post: AP's Sandman brings up some comments that both of Oda's past and present editors made about him at Jump Festa:

Quote:
Here are current/previous OP editors' comments about Oda which were revealed in Jump Festa:

[Editor Asada] *EDITED
Oda and I went to a bookshop in Hibarigaoka on the release date of OP volume 1.
Both of us raised our fists in triumph when we saw a reader bought the volume. After that, we held a meeting. Such an innocent days.

[Editor Habuta]
When I received color spreads from Oda, I always wondered why he had time enough to draw in detail.
The mystery solved when I saw him drawing a color spread in "Jump Ryu". Oda is incredibly fast at drawing with his pen!!

[Editor Kawashima]
Oda's favorite food is "MEAT". He always bought beef bowls (a bowl of rice topped with cooked beef and onions).
Even after he stayed up all night, he devoured a beef bowl... I thought he looked exactly like Luffy.
Spoiler:
[Editor Onishi]
Oda amazingly finished creating the draft sketches of chapter 498 including the character designs of all Supernovas only in 5 hours!! I thought he is indeed genius.

[Editor Hattori]
I had much trouble working with Oda. For example, he made super-long phone calls and unprecedented demands to me.
That being said, all of Oda's ideas and actions lead to the big success of OP. I was happy to witness the awesomeness of OP.
Be sure to look forward to the future story after 20th anniversary!

[Editor Isaka]
I laughed so hard when Oda's current studio was constructed since there is a shark in his restroom. His studio is full of his personality to entertain others.
Spoiler:
[Editor Sugita]
Oda loves barbecue. No other mangakas can grill meats better than him! Oda is MEAT MASTER!!
He is actually a super-wild guy in that sense. No matter how busy he is, our Captain Oda always grills meat and appreciate our effort!
I'm getting better at lighting a fire thanks to him!

[Funny trivia]
Current OP editor Sugita was supposed to join a quiz show in Jump Festa today, but he couldn't.
It was because he was too busy with his work in order to receive a OP script in Oda's studio.

^I actually remember that comment about the supernovas (that was revealed around the time the timeskip happened). The rest I find pretty neat, though! Shark in the bathroom, eh?
Old 2016-12-18, 10:48   Link #458
Ramero

You gotta be kidding me, shark in the bathroom?

Meh.. Meat master but not the others.. I wish there is someone that was like Sanji will cook for him :3
Old 2017-02-01, 11:48   Link #459
marvelB

Volume 84 SBS info is out, courtesy of AP's Sandman:

-Before the timeskip, Boa Hancock was a terrible cook. Nowadays though, she's excellent at cooking meat.

-We get the story of how Law met his first crew members! As quoted from Sandman:

Quote:
- After Corazon died, Law went to the neighborhood town which was located in "Swallow Island".

-Shachi and Penguin were bad boys in Swallow Island in North Blue.

Bepo left Zou and chased his elder brother. He then got on board the ship which was heading for North Blue. He was wandering in Swallow Island 13 years ago.

Law witnessed a Polar Bear who was bullied by 2 bad boys. The bad boys picked a fight agains Law, but Law beat them up. The bad boys (Shachi and Penguin) and Bepo were attracted by Law.

When they first met,
Law 13 years old
Penguin 15 years old
Shachi 14 years old
Bepo 9 years old.

Bepo studied navigation skill hard since he wanted to come back Zou.

Oda says he doesn't have an intention to draw it in manga.
-We get the ages of some past villain characters:

Quote:
Buggy: 39 (same age as Shanks)
Kuro: 35
Kreig: 44
Wapol: 29(!!!)
Foxy: 38
-Sanji's sister Reiju is 24 years old, and she's 3 years older than her brothers. We also get the heights of the Vinsmoke siblings:

Quote:
Reiju: 173cm
Ichiji: 186cm
Niji: 185 cm
Sanji: 180cm
Yonji: 194cm

Yeah, not that much interesting info this time around.... still pretty shocked by Wapol's age, though (thought he was WAY older than that, lol).
Old 2017-02-01, 22:19   Link #460
Ramero

For Sanji's brothers, did they born as quintuplets or different time? I was wondering about that if Reiju is 3 years older than her brothers.