AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-25, 06:20   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Steins;Gate - Character Discussion - Shiina Mayuri

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Shiina Mayuri related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Steins;Gate fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-06-25, 09:37   Link #2
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Spoiler for Spoiler!:
Old 2011-06-26, 05:42   Link #3
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Gotta love this girl. She can turn gays straight and girls lesbian.
Old 2011-06-26, 06:14   Link #4
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Flat is justice!~
Old 2011-07-02, 13:10   Link #5
Aqua Knight

It's kinda fun that all discussion around her is in episodes threads,but not here
Dunno why but some people don't like Mayuri because she is an airhead and looks like she has a mental illness, which she doesn't, and thus say that show is better without her. What blasphemy!
I really don't understand such people.
Old 2011-07-02, 13:12   Link #6
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

^ Some people see her as a "moeblob," and there are people out there who despise all things moe, so its no surprise some people completely hate her character.
Old 2011-07-11, 23:23   Link #7
GuiBleh

Tuturu~ tuturu~
Old 2011-07-13, 04:29   Link #8
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

As a real-life person she'll be quite annoying, but I really like her quite a lot here. It's just so... refreshing, somehow. And this is coming from a person who doesn't like moeblobs.
Old 2012-08-15, 14:53   Link #9
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

My favorite S;G character. I love the way she talks for some reason and her "tuturuuus"~ xD

Old 2012-10-09, 00:04   Link #10
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
After finishing watching all the eps for this (thanks to a random user on Youtube mentioning this show when I was looking up info on Robotic;Notes) and yes I have found this to be my favorite character.

I have not watched enough anime to really see all the possible moe characters that are around but as for those thinking she is "airheaded" Well the fact that in one scene:

Spoiler:

As for her "moe" personality being annoying. I don't find it annoying. Heck I don't think it would be annoying to see in real life either. But that's my opinion. She isn't the most attractive moe character I've seen either. Thankfully the creator of this show emphasized it more in her personality then her looks. So double points for that.

But not all moe personalities are anywhere close to realistic.

Case in point, Mikuru from the Harahi series. That was "moeblob" that was overdone. Believe it or not Mayuri is dialed back quite a bit when compared to her.

That and it helps that the show is a bit serious most of the time and you don't get loads of "beach episodes" and other random fan service they seem accustomed to sprinkling in most the shows I've seen. Also I'm basing my opinion of this show solely on the anime. I have not seen any of the source material for this. Apparently this started out as a game novel of sorts for the Xbox 360 and a few other consoles....what ever that is... :P

This show had a lot less fanservice compared to others I've seen so in that regard this what has caused this show to be more enjoyable for me then the Haruhi franchise. It was more serious, but still had some fun moments in it. So yes this is the first anime that I can finally say I can place above Haruhi on my anime favorites list. It's basically the Yuki time travel story line on steroids. Heck the main character happens to be a bit of a shadow of Haruhi as well. Starts out believing all sorts of crazy things, has a "lab" (where in Haruhi it was a club). Then as the show progresses he ends up adding members to that "lab".

But the best part is that it's only a mere shadow of that, because he's tame compared to the antics of Haruhi, and aside from that, the show diverges from Haruhi quite a bit when looking at everything else in the show.

It overall had a better balance. And this show clearly has my stamp of approval. I just do hope that the inevitable dub of this doesn't do any injustice to the character.

They MUST keep the "tuturuuus" when/if they dub it. When you get down to it, if you don't like this character, then that means you don't like puppies and kittens and anyone who doesn't like puppies or kittens is spawn of satin or a terrorist. Just kidding of coarse. But I guess it's all just a matter of opinion anyway.

The way they presented this character caused me to become attached to her and wanted to see things work out in the end. THAT is why I watched the show all the way through so that's all that matters. The moeblob haters can just troll someone else, I made up my mind the moment the first episode ended.

Perhaps I shall google this "tuturuuu" phrase. It had to have come from somewhere....
Old 2012-10-15, 22:25   Link #11
kamiyan89

juicy kara age #1 WOW.

i like that one more than the tuturu .
Old 2012-10-16, 12:59   Link #12
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Agreed. Even better, I love the dub version of that thing she sung even better.

"When your on a chicken bender grab a box a chicken tenders. BAWK BAA BAWK!"

I just loved that.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters