Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-06-20, 03:13   Link #1
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Unhappy Japan and Internet Piracy

I read with much amusement on animeanime.jp about the deal with fansubbers. In a nutshell, fansubbing on the internet has been around for a long time and is becoming a big problem but there has been no proper measures to tackle the problem. The problem has finally become too big to ignore and in April 11 this year, there was a conference on how to deal with internet piracy. (インターネット上の海賊版対策協議・連絡会) The attendees consisted of Tokyo Anime Center, "a committee that thinks about 21st century comic and rights" (21世紀のコミック作家の著作権を考える会), AJA (The Association of Japanese Animation), and JVA (Japan Video Software Association). On top of that, METI, MOFA and the "agency of cultural affairs" also participated in this big meeting to discuss how to fight piracy.

Then, on May 12th, the "counter measure for rights abuse via P2P" assocation was established. (ファイル共有ソフトを悪用した著作権侵害対策協議会)

Their members include: Computer software rights association (コンピュータソフトウェア著 作権協会), Telecom service association (テレコムサービス協会), Japan Internet provider association (日本インターネットプロバイダー協会), Counter illegal products association (不正商品対策協議会), Telecommunications business association (電気通信事業者協会), Japan music rights association (日本音楽 著作権協会), Japan cable TV association (日本ケーブルテレビ連盟) and many many more.

Their counter measures include: sending warning letters, closing acocunts, filing lawsuits, investigating and arresting the rule violators

Maybe the fansub circles should form an association too
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 04:10   Link #2
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I don't know the content of the article but from the Japanese industry POV "rights abuse via P2P" means first of all Japanese sharing with Japanese. From what you write its not clear if this is about fansubbers at all.

If it is then good luck trying to hunt down zero presence fansubbers around the globe from Japan.
Old 2008-06-20, 06:31   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

As mentioned by Slice of Life, there is no reason to think this has anything directly to do with fansubs. It would seem the main aim is to look into sharing within Japan.

Since the thread title was rather misleading it has been changed from "Army against fansubbers" to "Japan and Internet Piracy" and moved from General Chat to General Anime.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 13:06   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its almost even more of a "Internet Copyright Violations Within Japan" focus (sorry, but I'm having more and more issues with buying into the "word framing" of 'piracy' for this activity).
Old 2008-06-20, 19:13   Link #5
Kyuuketsuki42221
Seen 379 Cat-Girl Ears

if it is about fansubbers, all i can say is fan-subbers are like flies, you might be able to kill the really big ones, but there will always be more.
Kyuuketsuki42221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 19:29   Link #6
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Suigintou> View Post
Their counter measures include: sending warning letters, closing acocunts, filing lawsuits, investigating and arresting the rule violators
Ooh, punitive measures. We all know that they work effectively.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote