AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-31, 10:02   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 352 Discussion

The Lust 6

Quote:

Quote:
* It continues from the previous chapter, Ichigo beat Ulquiorra and fired a cero at him at close range.The scene changes to Rukia and Rudoban, the head of execution squad who is in a really bad condition with ice covering his whole body. His tree branches are majorly broken.“If your ability is to create subordinates from your fruit, then things are easy.” The female shinigami says. “I just have to destroy the branches that the fruit grows from.”The buffalo headed guy stays silent knowing that what Rukia says is true. None of his branches that are currently covered in ice can grow the skull fruits. However, before Rukia can finish this fight, something falls on the stone ground between the both of them. Rukia sees the side of Yammy’s face and his big hand that swiftly swings at Rudoban’s neck. She is surprised to see him attack an ally. At that moment, the effect of Yammy’s fall breaks the stone ground under Rukia. She loses her balance and falls from the second floor of the tower with her head down, but she manages to land on the ground gracefully.Yammy continues to fall down further until he reaches the ground near Chad and Renji who are dealing with the other arrancars.

* All of them are surprised by the sudden appearance of Yammy. “Weird..” Chad wonders. “I fought with him once in the human world and remembered him as a big guy. But I can’t recall him being such a giant?” Renji doesn’t seem to believe that it can be that way even though Chad insists that his body looks different from the last time.All this time Yammy doesn’t pay attention to them even a little. His eyes look angry and he screams out loud. “That four eyed bastard, I’m gonna kill him!!” Rukia and the others see this reaction, so the three of them prepare to fight him. Suddenly there is the sound of an explosion from the top of the dome. Everyone stops and looks at where the sound came from. At that moment, they see a big light column from the top of the dome reaching to the sand floor below.“…This spirit energy… is Ichigo’s…!” Rukia says looking above surprised.

* The scene goes back the top of the Las Noches dome. Amongst the smoke Ichigo in his hollow form stands in the air. His right hand holds his sword while his left hand holds Ulquiorra’s right wing. The fourth espada’s bottom half is completely gone. Ichigo tosses the body away, and then he moves towards it preparing to stab his throat. Before Ichigo can stab Ulquiorra, Ishida holds Ichigo’s wrist back. “It’s enough” the quincy says. “He’s surely the enemy, but we don’t need to kill him. It’s enough, Kurosaki.”

* Hearing that, Ichigo tightens the grasp on his sword intending to strike but Ishida also increases his grip. “Can’t you hear me, Kurosaki…!” Ishida doesn’t give up. “I said it’s enough…! If you do anything more than this, you won’t be like a human anymore…!”However, Ichigo has no reaction towards Ishida’s words. He still focuses on striking the enemy’s throat in front of him. Ishida screams again hoping that he can get through to Ichigo. “Kurosaki!!!”This time, Ichigo reacts to Ishida’s voice for the first time. Instead of striking Ulquiorra’s throat, the sword stabs into Ishida’s abdomen. His body flies away as if he’s a rag doll.“Ishida-kun!!!!” Orihime screams frightened by seeing Ishida flying away with Ichigo’s sword stabbing into his body. While she hurries to the quincy, she hears a voice that makes her stop.“…he..help..” Ichigo mutters as if it's a mantra. “I… will… help… you…”Then, Orihime realizes what happened earlier.“Because of me…”

* She thinks to herself. “Because I said that… Kurosaki-kun is trying to help me.”She closes her eyes painfully. “Why” She asks herself. “I have tried so hard not to be Kurosaki-kun’s burden. I came here because I wanted to protect Kurosaki-kun and it should have been like that. In the end, why do I have to rely on Kurosaki-kun again?”Ichigo moves towards Ishida and prepares to fire a cero via his horns.“Wait Kurosaki-kun!!!” Orihime screams… with all her voice “Kurosaki-kun!!!!”However, Ichigo doesn’t listen to her, but focuses on charging his spirit power into his horns. While Orihime thinks she should do something…Suddenly, Ulquiorra who is meant to be seriously injured jumps on Ichigo, his lower half is already healed. He uses his spirit energy spear to cut Ichigo’s left horn accurately. Swiftly the spirit energy that had gathered in Ichigo’s horns loses its stability. After it is cut off the energy swells into a big balloon and then explodes in his face

Credits : SpaceCat / Danna / NJA

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2009-04-02 at 11:39.
Old 2009-03-31, 10:09   Link #2
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I must say, I'm quite pleased with the events of this chapter.
Old 2009-03-31, 10:11   Link #3
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Will Ulqi regenerate to continue battle or as the spoiler writer NJA said Ulqi is using the last of his power ...... Time will tell next week most likely flashback chapter .
Old 2009-03-31, 10:16   Link #4
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Wait,does that mean Rudobonne is dead? last time I CHECKED they were still fighting! Anyway, if the above spoiler's real, it's a good way to move on with the story, Ichigo's won the fight against the espada but will lose the fight inside by killing Ulquiorra
Good question, I have yet to see a spacecat spoiler that has turned out to be wrong, but that does leave the question of what happened to Rudobonne. Maybe Rukia, Chad and Renji teamed up on him. On the other hand, looks like we could get a Chad vs. Yammi battle like many of us were hoping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
As someone said earlier, this almost seems a shounen fight in reverse. It's Ulquiorra who is being overcome by the vicious, merciless hollow. Yet as the damsel cries out in distress to stop the big evil Kurosaki, he summons his last reserves to attack from the verge of death. Several images from the past chapters have suggested this odd reversal. In Ulquorra's first release, you had him floating angelically in the light, looking down at Ichigo. In the last chapter, you had a demon faced Ichigo snarling at him.
Yeah, just as Mayuri's technically a protagonist who's portrayed as very antagonistic, Ulq's an antagonist sometimes shown in a protagonist way, but this chapter he could've crossed the line to where he could actually be considered a good guy if he really attacked Ichigo to help the others (of course, I don't think that was necessarily his reason).

It's also interesting that Ichigo still seems to believe that he's protecting albeit he has no idea who's a threat anymore. Anyone that stands in the way of him doing his job is now a threat that can be cut down. I guess this Ichigo is not evil, but savage and more animal-like. He's acting on pure instinct. Ichigo smash puny Ishida!

Old 2009-03-31, 10:23   Link #5
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Powering up to the point where it takes a 3v1 to stop him surely sounds good, but hides the risk of (an even more) shaken personality once he wakes up to find his friends injured by him (in a very 4 tail naruto-ish way).

Quote:
looks like we could get a Chad vs. Yammi like many of us were hoping
Well Chad DID beat up an ex-espada and has beef with Yammi, maybe we could even get some Chad/Renji teamwork after all the time they trained together!
Old 2009-03-31, 10:24   Link #6
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Edit: Moved from 351 thread. This actually predates Kyu's response above :P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
She says "stop it Kurosaki kun" but Ichigo just moves towards Ishida. He is about to kill him with a cero from his horns however Ulquiorra who was meant to be dead helps Ishida by cutting off one of Ichigo's horns and folding the other (Ulquiorra's body is fixing itself little by little).
It ends with a big explosion over Ichigo's head.
This almost seems a shounen fight in reverse. It's Ulquiorra who is being overcome by the vicious, merciless hollow. Yet as the damsel cries out in distress to stop the big evil Kurosaki, he summons his last reserves to attack from the verge of death. Several images from the past chapters have suggested this odd reversal. In Ulquorra's first release, you had him floating angelically in the light, looking down at Ichigo. In the last chapter, you had a demon faced Ichigo snarling at him.
Spoiler for Who looks the villain?:

This fight has suddenly gotten more complicated. Ishida's down, but will Orihime intervene now to help Ulquiorra subdue Ichigo? Or will she protect Ichigo? Or stay on the sidelines? I think this is all setting up for a climactic scene with her and Ulqi/Ichi in the next two chapters. It would be interesting if she has to make some difficult choices....

I'm pleased at this twist. The fight could never have been resolved satisfactorily by hollow form Ichigo executing Ulqi. Their whole fight was always about human heart vs hollow logic/ruthlessness being the superior way of life. A bestial, brutal Ichigo executing Ulqiuorra would have settled nothing.

It'll also be interesting seeing the effect on Ishida. Every time he allies with shinigami, bad stuff happens to him. He lost his powers in SS arc, and now he gets skewered by Ichigo. I hope Ishida doesn't just shrug this off when Ichigo regains his humanity. There are some things which cannot be easily forgiven and forgotten.

It's also some vindication for Orihime. There's been a lot of criticism of how her fear of Ichigo's hollow form betrayed her lack of trust in him. As this chapter shows, being afraid of this hollow personality is not about lacking trust - it's just acknowledging the fact that the primal hollow instincts can pervert even the noblest intentions to protect.

Last edited by Amirali; 2009-03-31 at 11:54.
Old 2009-03-31, 10:29   Link #7
Vinak
Procrastinator

[looks at date] hmm... March 31st....It's April 1st in Japan, right? Suspicious.
Old 2009-03-31, 10:40   Link #8
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Good question, I have yet to see a spacecat spoiler that has turned out to be wrong, but that does leave the question of what happened to Rudobonne. Maybe Rukia, Chad and Renji teamed up on him. On the other hand, looks like we could get a Chad vs. Yammi battle like many of us were hoping
Pretty pleased that Chad will get the chance to fight Yammy too. As for Rudobone, I'm sure he's around. Last time we saw him he was overwhelming Rukia with ease, no way he's just dissapeared. If Chad fights Yammy, I'm hoping to see Renji and Rukia double team Rudobone.

Quote:
It's also interesting that Ichigo still seems to believe that he's protecting albeit he has no idea who's a threat anymore. Anyone that stands in the way of him doing his job is now a threat that can be cut down.
Yeah, the only person he seemed to recognize was Orihime. And well, that's soley based on the fact that he didn't instantly attack her.
Old 2009-03-31, 10:59   Link #9
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Man! An early spoiler and my birthday isn't for another 4 weeks!!! I must say I am happy with a couple of things that happen in this chapter, I have reservations about uli. attacking ichigo to help Ishida though. Only orihime will be able to stop ichigo. IMHO.
Old 2009-03-31, 11:37   Link #10
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Ichigo smash puny Ishida!
Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
I hope Ishida doesn't just shrug this off when Ichigo regains his humanity. There are some things which cannot be easily forgiven and forgotten.
Well, it kinda was his fault for going up there. Ulquiorra would have killed him anyway...
Old 2009-03-31, 11:40   Link #11
Solachinx
is a myth

Err, isn't April Fools in Japan?
Old 2009-03-31, 12:30   Link #12
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
The only people who pulled pranks on April 1st in Japan were the U.S. military when I lived there. Maybe they've started pulling pranks since 2000... The spoiler sounds lagit to me. (hope I don't eat my words)
Old 2009-03-31, 12:45   Link #13
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Ulqiorra's change of heart is confusing, but I have to say it sounds better than "oh well go ahead and kill me, I don't care". Still interfering with idk 50% of his body is awesome, and it looks like he is performing not bad at all it's good to see Ichigo's new form isn't invulnerable.

With one horn folded(pointing to Ichigo's head now?) and the cero.. Ichigo's new form might be gone?

Yammy should have died at least 100 chapters ago Hopefully Sado will get the opportunity to pay him back

Last edited by WONDERMIKE; 2009-03-31 at 16:21.
Old 2009-03-31, 12:51   Link #14
Fran~
floating away...

Just as Aizen planned, Batman unleashed the ultimate beast!!!!...

The lust 6...
Old 2009-03-31, 13:35   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Next week on " The lust: 7! After Ichigo calms down thanks to Ulquiorra's last efforts, Inoue heals Ishida and Ichigo offers Ulquiorra his (Inoue's) help to make sure he doesn't die...and then Ishida shoots an arrow piercing Ulquiorra, quoting "Tell Aizen that he should fear the quincy!" while telling Kurosaki that they have no room for mercy in this cruel world.

EDIT: remember,this is pure fiction
Old 2009-03-31, 13:56   Link #16
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Isn`t this too much plot for one chapter of bleach?
1. april joke anyone?
Old 2009-03-31, 14:23   Link #17
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Isn`t this too much plot for one chapter of bleach?
No, cause this is how Bleach has been doing it.
Old 2009-03-31, 15:23   Link #18
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

How could emo-bat's head still be around if the cero was aimed at his head at the last chapter? *confuzzled* And him helping anyone sounds a bit of a stretch.
Old 2009-03-31, 16:08   Link #19
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

He lives OMG..
Uli saving Ishida doesn't sound like something he'll do .
I think he broke ichigo;s mask to bring him back to normal..
Old 2009-03-31, 16:31   Link #20
Fran~
floating away...

next filler will be Ulqi on Ichigo's School and such... being classmate of everybody gaving birth to tons of fanart and fanfics between him and Ishida...

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga