2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.41%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.83%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-09, 10:11   Link #361
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
The Flags and other "normal" MS clearly use thrusters, while the Gundams use the "GN Vernier" to move - by directing GN particles in a particular direction. So you would think that the g-forces on the pilot would be same for an equivalent change in acceleration. Unless there's a way to use GN particles to dampen the g-forces on the pilot, Setsuna should be dead from the excessive acceleration...
I don't really think it is of any difference in what way you are getting propelled at mach 100 with 180 degree turns in split second- what is important is that you are But then again the GN particles apparently can do anything short of being a dishwasher, so i wouldn't be surprised that if they ever felt the need to explain this (which they probably won't) they can write it of to some GN Particle properties previously unmentioned.
Old 2008-03-09, 10:11   Link #362
Terra

Quote:
In next ep preview, we see Ali and Lockon in space among asteroids. At some point he has a GN Arms fitted. It is Setsuna's or maybe they manufactured another one - the CB base is among an asteroid field - maybe Lockon went back there for repairs to Dynames and picked up a GN Arms while he was there?
Only 1 of the GN Arms was supposed to be ready. And just because they're in an asteriod field, doesn't mean they're near their base. And with the way they're being hunted returning to base at the moment would probably be a bad idea. They need to do something about the UN Forces chasing them first to give themselves some proper time.
Old 2008-03-09, 11:50   Link #363
Kisuke06
I see...

Finally! Ali FTW, too bad he didn't kill the one I wanted the most.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 12:22   Link #364
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
?

The sequence and animation itself was new to 00.... how's it "recycled" ?
They use it twice during the episode. That's still considered recycled. Not saying OMG IT RUINED THE SHOW/EP/ETC, just showing concern to detail.

Quote:
I don't see Ali getting an equal suit. The pseudo-GN Drives are not the original mobile suits which I assume only the Ptolemaios group owns. The Solar Furnaces in the pseudo-drives have limits unlike the original/true GN Drives' Solar Furnaces if I recall correctly.

And 'recycled trash'? Why, because they show the same awesome scene again?
Yeah, that's kinda why I said it's a shame. The thing I liked about Code Geass was that the protagonists side had tactics, and actually won through merits other than plot device. Pretty much the design of Gundam 00 is that it doesn't matter if your pilots suck balls (and you know they do, because the meisters can barely take down a single GN-X) but as long as their ideals are more "just", some outside power will help you win. It's kind of the same ending Code Geass took, with the Kuseragi kid or what's his face piloting the white suit basically getting a plot power boost in advantage. So pretty much Lelouch's plans all went to hell.

It's like, k we give the opposition even weapons, so now it's time for you to prove your worth. You survive for like, 2-3 eps, and we grant you a star. Run mario run.

And recycled trash is still recycled trash despite how awesome it was. If Neo had a scene that did the exact same matrix crap in the same movie within 30 seconds with stopping bullets, you bet your ass it wouldn't have went well with the fans. I'm not saying they did it a lot, but for a series that so far hasn't done it once, it was kind of a shame that they'd let it go through. Once you start deteriorating, it's easy for the animation team to get lazy again and again, and pretty soon we will have a new Seed/Destiny crap.

Quote:

The blink-slash of Exia looked pretty damn cool, thats for sure. I am wondering about one thing though: If the output of Flag makes Graham cough up blood, shouldn't Setsuna be coughing up his insides right about now ? The absurd speed and instant movement direction changes should put insane strain on the body. He should have passed out as soon as the mode was enabled
Plot device demands that the Gundam suits are better equipped in handling Gs. Funny thing is that, if Graham uses a GN drive without somehow making his suit able to withstand it, he's gonna be kicking the bucket after showing off again. Which is well, kind of predictable for his kind of character. Then hurray, this show has no more skilled pilots T_T

Quote:
Technical: Never forget that the Custom Flag's anti-g protection was severely downgraded in order to allow boosted performance. Not only is it less than a Flag, but likely less than mere Hellions or Realdoes. Gundams did not have to make any such adjustment.
T_T where did they say this? Must be those stupid spec books or whatever. Sigh, it's so lame how they always never include these details. Pretty sure the anime made it seem like Billy tried to upgrade the damn G-handler so it'd withstand the increased output.

Quote:
If Lock-on decides to face Ali alone, he is a goner assuming his gundam doesn't suddenly get a exia-like power-up.

There are good reasons why people with one eye don't get to fly in any of the world airforces. You'll need both!
The preview showed Lockon chasing Ali, making it seem like he has the upper hand somehow despite how everyone here seems to agree Ali is the best pilot so far. Then again, crap happens, and Lockon is still by far the best pilot of CB argued only by Hal who doesn't show up enough to even matter. It's like wow, you have split personality, and WE STILL DONT CARE THAT MUCH WITH ONLY THREE EPISODES LEFT. In fact, PURPLE BOY got more spotlight than you. You gonna let Season 2 have KOOL AID MAN OVERTAKE YOU TOO?

Call me lame, but I really am sad that CB has NEVER ONCE tried to get BETTER at actually piloting the damn gundams. There's NO FOCUS ON THAT whatsoever. Even AMURO RAY had to get better. No no, here's a better one for you. EVEN KIRA YAMATO, JESUS OF GUNDAM HIMSELF, HAD TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO NOT SUCK. How is it a Kurdish kid goes GUNDAM GUNDAM GUNDAM and all of a sudden his glowstick suit turns bright light? Plot or not, SIGHHHHHHHH. You should totally teach those Iraq troops to go in their tanks and go OPTIMUS PRIME ROLL OUT spamming that and pray your tank pops out legs and arms along with a fire truck ladder gun.

Looks like Saji will be the new Shin of season 2 =) with the inevitable fight between him and Setsuna.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 12:31   Link #365
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Only 1 of the GN Arms was supposed to be ready. And just because they're in an asteriod field, doesn't mean they're near their base. And with the way they're being hunted returning to base at the moment would probably be a bad idea. They need to do something about the UN Forces chasing them first to give themselves some proper time.
Dynames was badly damaged and needed to be taken back for repairs. It's possible that by the time the next ep has taken place, he's gone to their old base and another GN Arms has come off the production line. btw, it's possible that Lockon took Dynames back to base by himself - his Gundam badly needs fixing either way. I don't see it being too much of a risk, because Gundams are still fundamentally hard to spot. Not getting Dynames repaired would be a big risk.

Unless quite some time has passed (like weeks), it seems kinda weird for the GN Arms that came down with Setsuna to be back up in space again so quickly - Sumeragi gave him a mission plan and there was a general expectation that Setsuna would be down on the surface for a while due to greatly increased difficulty in using the elevators. There was also talk about doing experiments with the GN Arms.

It's hard to say which is more likely, but I think the above two options make the most sense. As a side note, I doubt there'd be any natural asteroid fields near the Earth - ie any asteroid field in the area would be man-made, effectively.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 12:40   Link #366
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Just finished watching the eppy I will say that Micheal's death sucked. Johann's was ok in a certain way I enjoyed seeing Ali in a gundam. Wish Graham would get one plus Exia's Trans-AM system is very cool.
Old 2008-03-09, 12:58   Link #367
Heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
Just finished watching the eppy I will say that Micheal's death sucked.
I dissagre i found his death to be beutifull , Ali needed to kill him and he did fast,clean,effisently it added to Alis badassnes.
Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 13:10   Link #368
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Sucks for Aeolia. Wasn't even expecting he was still alive.

Why didn't Setsuna kill Ali right away? Not like he was getting strained by the Trans-am system. Didn't look like it was running out of energy either. He just sat there and let him get away. Really, wtf...

About Alejandro, what can he do now? Veda is practically useless now. Would be neat if the moon base explodes with him in it. :P
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 13:10   Link #369
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
I dissagre i found his death to be beutifull , Ali needed to kill him and he did fast,clean,effisently it added to Alis badassnes.
QFT. And it was a surprise, I mean I didn't think he would kill him like that but when you stop to think about it, that really is Ali's style.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 13:44   Link #370
arunavsharma
House MD

havnt seen the episode yet.. saw the pics and read the review.

cant wait for the subbed version to be released.
arunavsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 13:47   Link #371
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
The preview showed Lockon chasing Ali, making it seem like he has the upper hand somehow despite how everyone here seems to agree Ali is the best pilot so far. Then again, crap happens, and Lockon is still by far the best pilot of CB argued only by Hal who doesn't show up enough to even matter. It's like wow, you have split personality, and WE STILL DONT CARE THAT MUCH WITH ONLY THREE EPISODES LEFT. In fact, PURPLE BOY got more spotlight than you. You gonna let Season 2 have KOOL AID MAN OVERTAKE YOU TOO?

Call me lame, but I really am sad that CB has NEVER ONCE tried to get BETTER at actually piloting the damn gundams. There's NO FOCUS ON THAT whatsoever. Even AMURO RAY had to get better. No no, here's a better one for you. EVEN KIRA YAMATO, JESUS OF GUNDAM HIMSELF, HAD TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO NOT SUCK. How is it a Kurdish kid goes GUNDAM GUNDAM GUNDAM and all of a sudden his glowstick suit turns bright light? Plot or not, SIGHHHHHHHH. You should totally teach those Iraq troops to go in their tanks and go OPTIMUS PRIME ROLL OUT spamming that and pray your tank pops out legs and arms along with a fire truck ladder gun.
To improve as a pilot they'd have to have been constantly in situations where they've been pushed requiring them to improve. So far the only situations they've been in like that are the big desert battle back in ep 15 and the battle in ep 21. 2 battles wher they've been pushed. The rest of the time they've had it easy. They haven't had the neccessary fighting yet to improve. And it's not like they'd been full time military with massive amounts of MS piloting experience when they'd started back in ep 1. They good pilots. Better than grunts. But they aren't aces yet. And I mean yet since I feel that all of them have the potential to get that good. But it's something that isn't going to really happen until season 2 since they are only now getting the kind of fights that it's either improve or die.

I've liked that they've done this. People take time to get really good at things when they start out. And you'll only get really good when pushed. The 2 people you've talked about had to improve fast since they were always fighting skilled enemies. Not bulldozing their way through nearly everything that came their way that the CB meisters have done for the most part due to lack of challenge.
Old 2008-03-09, 13:52   Link #372
Kushi

I thought this episode was pretty much the best episode of the series... nothing unnecessary and every was pretty darn cool. Best episode of gundam 00.. nuff said.
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 14:35   Link #373
Morgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Ah, but the CB doctor said it can be healed within 3 weeks Besides - he was in close proximity of the beam saber, which may well have nothing to do with the particles at all. Even if it did, CB likely have far more advanced medical facilities than a civilian hospital down on earth. Also Tieria seems to be not exactly 100% human ...yet somehow they made him tick Well, for whatever reason the doctor said he can fix Lockon in 3 weeks, so it obviously implies the technology needed is available to him.

Forget his eye, the dude was floating in space with a broken helmet. And he just walks it off. Now that's a real man!
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 14:37   Link #374
Terra

It's normally refered to as dominant eye.
Old 2008-03-09, 14:39   Link #375
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I've heard of strong arm or strong leg, but I've never heard about something liek a "strong eye". What exactly should be stronger?

Talking about reued animation: Is it possible, that the scene of Wang Liu Ming contacting the Thrones was recycled? At least it looked familiar, but maybe it was just because she was in her jungle outfit.
In the body there's always one side that will be stronger than the other. My dominate eye is my right eye while my left eye is weaker (The doctor noted it was worse as well but my right eye was better than average).

There's a way you can check to see yourself which eye is dominate.

Eitherway Lockon shouldn't be piloting in the first place with the loss of his eye. I'm not a pilot but I doubt that it's a good idea to pilot a machine with only one eye - No depth perception.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 14:40   Link #376
MooMooFarm

Quote:
To improve as a pilot they'd have to have been constantly in situations where they've been pushed requiring them to improve. So far the only situations they've been in like that are the big desert battle back in ep 15 and the battle in ep 21. 2 battles wher they've been pushed. The rest of the time they've had it easy. They haven't had the neccessary fighting yet to improve. And it's not like they'd been full time military with massive amounts of MS piloting experience when they'd started back in ep 1. They good pilots. Better than grunts. But they aren't aces yet. And I mean yet since I feel that all of them have the potential to get that good. But it's something that isn't going to really happen until season 2 since they are only now getting the kind of fights that it's either improve or die.

I've liked that they've done this. People take time to get really good at things when they start out. And you'll only get really good when pushed. The 2 people you've talked about had to improve fast since they were always fighting skilled enemies. Not bulldozing their way through nearly everything that came their way that the CB meisters have done for the most part due to lack of challenge.
Ok, in some ways, you got the point. In some ways, not really.

Yes, the PLOT they were given doesn't allow them to improve fast. Ok, I get that. I'm expressing my opinion that it kind of sucks, because of that PLOT, they have to reply on PLOT DEVICES to make up for their suckage. However, that's not my main concern. The main point is that, if you watch say, Initial D, or read stuff like Eyeshield 21, etc etc (LOTS OF EXAMPLES CAN BE PUT HERE) the only details during the dialogue in battle are "WOW THIS GUY IS GOOD" or "NANI? WTF HIDDEN POWER AGAIN?" or "WAAAAHHHH A TRAP". It's like the flaw of Code Geass, sure the red hair girl and the white suit guy are good, but they don't really show how they are so good at piloting. It's like, you know how animes always make the opponent say hypy crap about the person to make it sound so bad ass? Yeah stuff like that. Like, WOAHHHH THIS GUY IS SUGOIIIII. There isn't enough of that to make Gundam awesome. Seed was good because of how Kira evolved during those battles, and was not because of the uber plot fights like vs Rau. It was during the battles against grunts and not so main opponents that he gets to shine and "learn" because those techniques are not realistically gonna pull off the first time on say, Rau or Tiger man.

An example is this episode. Ok, they got one good dialogue line. Lasse basically hypes Ali again with his "irregular firing pattern" (EVEN THOUGH HE MISSED T_T). The first couple of episodes which kinda gave Exia more screen time make up for the lack of dialogue, but it gets repetitive and they even shorten it. Go watch the first couple of eps again, he first uses like jack squatt then slowly learns to use all 7 swords. But by the time it's up to here, THAT'S STILL ALL HE KNOWS WHAT TO DO. I don't know about you, but if I'm FIGHTING FOR MY LIFE, then most of my spare time that I just sit waiting in my mission room would either be

A) Thinking about crap like Setsuna (DUR DUR WET DREAMS MARINA)
B) Conversing with others (LOL YEAH RIGHT CB)
C) THIS IS A BIG ONE: FIGURING OUT HOW TO GET BETTER AT COMBAT TO NOT GET OWNED BY A MERE FLAG. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The WORSE part is how Setsuna always gets angry and goes GUNDAM GUNDAM GUNDAM and pretty much shows his DESIRE to get better at combat. Like when Thrones came out? MAN that was sad. You'd think they'd at least show scenes of him studying or practicing, or at least the fights afterwards to learn a few tricks, but the best we got was "FORMATION S-32" with Virtue.

Now, to be completely fair, stuff like Eyeshield/Slam Dunk/Initial D have a realistic meta-game/physics to them, making it MUCH easier to invent insane tricks and techniques. But a good example of something fake yet pretty cool would be early Air Gear, when they'd kinda mix fantasy/sci-fi with meta-physics or whatever. Gundam has always had a LITTLE bit, but never enough to make it the complete series of all animes. I mean, think about it: There are THOUSANDS of nerds who dig the specs, buy the models, etc etc etc, yet you won't even appeal to the people who wanna immerse themselves into "HOW TO PILOT A MOBILE SUIT"? No wonder gundam games/simulators have been a failure in becoming super popular. When crappy arcades like Initial D that aren't even realistic at ALL (cartoony is more like it) and do better than Gundam simulator arcades/etc YOU KNOW your technical background sucks. For christ sakes, you lost to a ROLLER COASTER ARCADE.

It's like, the only character in this series that wants to improve in some way their piloting skill is Graham, because realistically, he can't expect the same level of skill to always beat a gundam with his own flag. Not including the GN-Drive, he must've at least logically thought of how to become better every time, and guess what? YOU NOTICE HOW HIS BATTLES ARE LIKE, THE SHIZ? It's like A BILLION TIMES BETTER T_T than even Exia's battle this ep. No super mode, ALL balls to the walls, and huge emphasize on detail (grab enemy sabre/mid air transform/melee block shots) where as most other fights (not all!) are like, DUR I OWN YOU. I think the only other fight where stuff kinda emphasized on detail was when they did the flashback of kid setsuna vs ali and mirrored it with Exia vs Enact. It completely made sense, and gave a sense of detail while not even having to use words.

Ok, let's take a break. Because I don't wanna give off the impression that I hate 00 even though I probably did already lol. I'm just very very picky and believe it can always be done better. I'm actually quite satisfied with this episode =)

A big thing I disagree with is you saying the Meisters have potential to become more skilled, mainly in s2. I believe that is a load of crap. Because rarely do series go "season 1 = drama" "season 2 = improve ur skeelz" "season 3 = big finale" kinda deal. Generally, you want a season to feel complete, so you won't leave out a huge aspect such as technical focus/detail unless well, you never wanted to include it in in the first place. Most likely, a time skip will appear, and they'll pull a kira yamato power up, or at least a partial power up that is not even explained.

And as for people not learning fast, I really find it silly that out of BILLIONS of people, you'd pick a unstable guy like Setsuna just because he goes GUNDAM GUNDAM and believes in CB. There clearly can be more candidates, so learning speed must've been CONSIDERED at least. The fact that Tiera and Al are in the team kinda means they don't just go DUR U LOOK GOOD. So what is the real reason of grabbing Setsuna? Assassin skills? =/ cause you'd think if you want, you can just grab a kid from birth and train him better to like, not suck. Might've just recruited Graham, now imagine that. Graham in Exia would be like, LOLOLOLOL.

Anyways rants are done. Sorry =X I'd rate this still 10/10 or 9/10 or whatever, but I just feel like picking at things since this series is finally a series that I go "THIS CAN BE GOOD" not like "oh noes, another naruto".
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 15:06   Link #377
WhiteWings

..... if you say so.

The plot Is moving a bit fast. The Trinitys popped in and popped out a tad too quickly. I dunno if everything will fit in with the story at the end but I hope so.
Old 2008-03-09, 15:09   Link #378
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Ok, in some ways, you got the point. In some ways, not really.

Yes, the PLOT they were given doesn't allow them to improve fast. Ok, I get that. I'm expressing my opinion that it kind of sucks, because of that PLOT, they have to reply on PLOT DEVICES to make up for their suckage. However, that's not my main concern. The main point is that, if you watch say, Initial D, or read stuff like Eyeshield 21, etc etc (LOTS OF EXAMPLES CAN BE PUT HERE) the only details during the dialogue in battle are "WOW THIS GUY IS GOOD" or "NANI? WTF HIDDEN POWER AGAIN?" or "WAAAAHHHH A TRAP". It's like the flaw of Code Geass, sure the red hair girl and the white suit guy are good, but they don't really show how they are so good at piloting. It's like, you know how animes always make the opponent say hypy crap about the person to make it sound so bad ass? Yeah stuff like that. Like, WOAHHHH THIS GUY IS SUGOIIIII. There isn't enough of that to make Gundam awesome. Seed was good because of how Kira evolved during those battles, and was not because of the uber plot fights like vs Rau. It was during the battles against grunts and not so main opponents that he gets to shine and "learn" because those techniques are not realistically gonna pull off the first time on say, Rau or Tiger man.

An example is this episode. Ok, they got one good dialogue line. Lasse basically hypes Ali again with his "irregular firing pattern" (EVEN THOUGH HE MISSED T_T). The first couple of episodes which kinda gave Exia more screen time make up for the lack of dialogue, but it gets repetitive and they even shorten it. Go watch the first couple of eps again, he first uses like jack squatt then slowly learns to use all 7 swords. But by the time it's up to here, THAT'S STILL ALL HE KNOWS WHAT TO DO. I don't know about you, but if I'm FIGHTING FOR MY LIFE, then most of my spare time that I just sit waiting in my mission room would either be

A) Thinking about crap like Setsuna (DUR DUR WET DREAMS MARINA)
B) Conversing with others (LOL YEAH RIGHT CB)
C) THIS IS A BIG ONE: FIGURING OUT HOW TO GET BETTER AT COMBAT TO NOT GET OWNED BY A MERE FLAG. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The WORSE part is how Setsuna always gets angry and goes GUNDAM GUNDAM GUNDAM and pretty much shows his DESIRE to get better at combat. Like when Thrones came out? MAN that was sad. You'd think they'd at least show scenes of him studying or practicing, or at least the fights afterwards to learn a few tricks, but the best we got was "FORMATION S-32" with Virtue.

Now, to be completely fair, stuff like Eyeshield/Slam Dunk/Initial D have a realistic meta-game/physics to them, making it MUCH easier to invent insane tricks and techniques. But a good example of something fake yet pretty cool would be early Air Gear, when they'd kinda mix fantasy/sci-fi with meta-physics or whatever. Gundam has always had a LITTLE bit, but never enough to make it the complete series of all animes. I mean, think about it: There are THOUSANDS of nerds who dig the specs, buy the models, etc etc etc, yet you won't even appeal to the people who wanna immerse themselves into "HOW TO PILOT A MOBILE SUIT"? No wonder gundam games/simulators have been a failure in becoming super popular. When crappy arcades like Initial D that aren't even realistic at ALL (cartoony is more like it) and do better than Gundam simulator arcades/etc YOU KNOW your technical background sucks. For christ sakes, you lost to a ROLLER COASTER ARCADE.

It's like, the only character in this series that wants to improve in some way their piloting skill is Graham, because realistically, he can't expect the same level of skill to always beat a gundam with his own flag. Not including the GN-Drive, he must've at least logically thought of how to become better every time, and guess what? YOU NOTICE HOW HIS BATTLES ARE LIKE, THE SHIZ? It's like A BILLION TIMES BETTER T_T than even Exia's battle this ep. No super mode, ALL balls to the walls, and huge emphasize on detail (grab enemy sabre/mid air transform/melee block shots) where as most other fights (not all!) are like, DUR I OWN YOU. I think the only other fight where stuff kinda emphasized on detail was when they did the flashback of kid setsuna vs ali and mirrored it with Exia vs Enact. It completely made sense, and gave a sense of detail while not even having to use words.

Ok, let's take a break. Because I don't wanna give off the impression that I hate 00 even though I probably did already lol. I'm just very very picky and believe it can always be done better. I'm actually quite satisfied with this episode =)

A big thing I disagree with is you saying the Meisters have potential to become more skilled, mainly in s2. I believe that is a load of crap. Because rarely do series go "season 1 = drama" "season 2 = improve ur skeelz" "season 3 = big finale" kinda deal. Generally, you want a season to feel complete, so you won't leave out a huge aspect such as technical focus/detail unless well, you never wanted to include it in in the first place. Most likely, a time skip will appear, and they'll pull a kira yamato power up, or at least a partial power up that is not even explained.

And as for people not learning fast, I really find it silly that out of BILLIONS of people, you'd pick a unstable guy like Setsuna just because he goes GUNDAM GUNDAM and believes in CB. There clearly can be more candidates, so learning speed must've been CONSIDERED at least. The fact that Tiera and Al are in the team kinda means they don't just go DUR U LOOK GOOD. So what is the real reason of grabbing Setsuna? Assassin skills? =/ cause you'd think if you want, you can just grab a kid from birth and train him better to like, not suck. Might've just recruited Graham, now imagine that. Graham in Exia would be like, LOLOLOLOL.

Anyways rants are done. Sorry =X I'd rate this still 10/10 or 9/10 or whatever, but I just feel like picking at things since this series is finally a series that I go "THIS CAN BE GOOD" not like "oh noes, another naruto".
And people say I talk to much. Anyway, like Kagami Kuro said in my favourite line from Kodomo No Jikan "Everybody just calm down" *deadpan*.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 15:14   Link #379
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I don't really think it is of any difference in what way you are getting propelled at mach 100 with 180 degree turns in split second- what is important is that you are
It doesn't. What matters is the Normal force that a chair, floor, or wall pushes against you with. (Actually, it's the body that presses, but the effect is the same.) What a G-system can do, however, is take steps to mitigate the effects. A strong spring can slow the movement of a sudden acceleration or deceleration, a artificial medium (like LCL in Evangelion, or a bike helmet at the simplist) can also absorb some of the shocks and accellerations. If I had to guess, the modifications into the Custom Flag including modifying the chasis and removing parts of it that helped with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I've heard of strong arm or strong leg, but I've never heard about something liek a "strong eye". What exactly should be stronger?
Quote:
It's normally refered to as dominant eye.
True, my mistake, though in my case it's because my dominant eye my strong eye, which is opposite from most people. I'm right handed, and for most people that means aiming with their right eye. I have to as well, but my right eye is significantly weaker than my left eye, and I confused myself.

Quote:
Talking about reued animation: Is it possible, that the scene of Wang Liu Ming contacting the Thrones was recycled? At least it looked familiar, but maybe it was just because she was in her jungle outfit.
Actually, a fair number of out-of-battle scene have been used here or there. Cockpit and video transmission scenes and what not. They just happen to usually use different sequencing to keep them fresh, or simply add or move one character around. (Keeping the same rooms, but digitally removing the characters before drawing/placing them in new places.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgun View Post
Forget his eye, the dude was floating in space with a broken helmet. And he just walks it off. Now that's a real man!
Cracked glass, not broken. Though I'm wondering where the blood came from...
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 15:24   Link #380
rpgman1

Awesome episode. Lockon is still alive and he looks cool with the eyepatch. Saji seems to look like he will be joining the dark side soon, but I'm not sure yet. Never expected the Trinity siblings to go down that fast from Ali. Is it true that they were created to be Meisters like Tieria? Love Exia's Trans-Am system (makes him go Weltall Id mode)and did Cloud Strife's infamous Omnislash on Ali and his hijacked Throne Gundam Zwei.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote