Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-10, 06:39   Link #3421
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinegundam View Post
Sorry guys but I really don't think Aeolia would engineer/develop theory or allow manufacture of power plants that would contaminate people and the environment.

Remember he developed the theory for the solar power systems still used. If he wanted to take control of the earth or kill everyone then it would be so easy.
That's why we have the TD Blanket.

Quote:
Now I truly believe that the fake drives are harmful. Perhaps the Trinity's were grown for this very reason; genetically engineered to be resistant to red GN particles.

Up until now none of the 4 meisters have show any sign of GN poisoning and no place or no one where they have intervened been shown to be poisoned by the "Real" GN particles.
CB was split into 2 factions because of the 2 version of the GN Drive, each believing that thir version of GN Drive was superior.

The Trinity was, I belived, sent by the faction supporting the Tau Drive. The $ meister was sent by the other faction.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 06:41   Link #3422
Sides

Quote:
Now I truly believe that the fake drives are harmful. Perhaps the Trinity's were grown for this very reason; genetically engineered to be resistant to red GN particles.

Up until now none of the 4 meisters have show any sign of GN poisoning and no place or no one where they have intervened been shown to be poisoned by the "Real" GN particles.
Where does the term false/fake/faux GN-drive come from? I mean GN drive is still a GN drive, even if it is a replication of the technology. Besides is it confirmed that the red particles are poisonous, or is it one of the rumours/spoilers that didn't get translated properly?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 07:27   Link #3423
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Where does the term false/fake/faux GN-drive come from? I mean GN drive is still a GN drive, even if it is a replication of the technology. Besides is it confirmed that the red particles are poisonous, or is it one of the rumours/spoilers that didn't get translated properly?
1. The official site calls them "Psuedo-GN Drives". And technically, they're both true GN Drives yes, although only the "Green" Drives with the TD Blanket are formally considered as "GN Drives", while the GN-Drive[T] is considered by the Ptolemy crew as the "fake" drive.

2. There was that spoiler set that did mention that red GN particles were harmful to humans, which is why Aeolia had the TD Blanket created to filter them out.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 07:29   Link #3424
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
And thus why Dynames and Lockon is officially out for the rest of this season. Lockon will need to retrain himself to snipe with his left eye and Dynames will need a full hardware and software reconfiguration.
Watch Ep 22... Looks like it has just stuffed ur words back into ur mouth.... Lockon and Dynames will never be out, ever.
Old 2008-03-10, 07:53   Link #3425
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
That's why we have the TD Blanket.

CB was split into 2 factions because of the 2 version of the GN Drive, each believing that thir version of GN Drive was superior.

The Trinity was, I belived, sent by the faction supporting the Tau Drive. The $ meister was sent by the other faction.
Ok
1. Is it confirm the reason why there are two group was because of the different drives. If not CB split because of other reasons(ideals) and without access to the GN drives they had nothing. This is way they sent the recon group to the station at Jupiter; to recover any tech that could be use.

The TD blanket is used to limit the Drive? if this was the only missing component from the Tau drive then they would constantly be at a trans-am(ws6 package) output which seems not to be the case. This further shows that what ever element or power source in either drive is not the same. Tau drive element gives radiation poisoning.

2. I'm really starting to believe that the trinity's were manufacture to be resistant to the Tau drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post

LoweGear is right.....Louise cannot have her hand regrown because she took a heavy dose of condensed GN particles. In Lock ons case either his Gundam shield him from most of the radiation or the CB know how to deal with red particle contamination or a combination of both.

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 07:57   Link #3426
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Ok
1. Is it confirm the reason why there are two group was because of the different drives. If not CB split because of other reasons(ideals) and without access to the GN drives they had nothing. This is way they sent the recon group to the station at Jupiter; to recover any tech that could be use.

The TD blanket is used to limit the Drive? if this was the only missing component from the Tau drive then they would constantly be at a trans-am(ws6 package) output which seems not to be the case. This further shows that what ever element or power source in either drive is not the same. Tau drive element gives radiation poisoning.

2. I'm really starting to believe that the trinity's were manufacture to be resistant to the Tau drives.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3352
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 08:12   Link #3427
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Ok
Not quite. From what we've gathered, the TD Blanket is essentially a purifier/stabilizer that "filters" the GN particle output, basically transforming the red GN particles to green, and it also stabilizes the otherwise unstable GN Drive, giving it its much lauded "Unlimited Operational Lifespan". TRANS AM is only a mode in which the output of the "true" GN Drives is increased to the point where its output is beyond the capability of the TD Blanket to purify, and thus red GN Particles are released into the system instead of green.

Basically, the red GN particle output is a side effect, not the intention.

Technically the Tau drives can go "Trans-Am" and produce the same level of power as the original... but without the TD Blanket it means you're not only releasing large amounts of harmful GN particles, but if the info is right the breakdown of the GN Drive would be accelerated - essentially you're going to burn out your GN Drive much faster and render it useless.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 08:21   Link #3428
Wal Ouran Leviathan

The info about GN Drive Tau and Trans Am system posted on page 168 wasn’t sourced, so we should probably not rely on it. I think nobody even cared about where it came from (except LoweGear, who wasn't even answered).
What we know for sure is:
1. A Haro was recovered some 80 years ago around Jupiter.
2. Red GN particles affect cellular regrowing.

Spoiler for Speculations for 1.:

Until info posted on page 168 is proven to be official, I’ll go with theory 2 because:
1. nothing indicates that Laguna Harvey (the guy the Throne were reporting to) was part of any CB faction. He’s just a powerful man with a lot of money.
2. Corner speach about generations of his family trying to take over Veda/CB/the world.
3. Spoiler/rumor said that Trans Am has to be unlocked by a living CPU controlled by Veda. However, it seems that Aeolia Schenberg unlocked it.
Wal Ouran Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 09:14   Link #3429
Divinegundam

Ok thanks now i form better opinons but this raises some questions.

So normal operating modes

TDB Drive<Non TDB Drive output? Does the filtration limit output. The reason is the GN-X seem to out perform the meisters.

In the trans-am mode does the TDB cut out or does the power output exceed the filtration limit? If so would the GN particle from the TDB drive be less harmful than that of the Non TDB drive?

So soon the GN-X's will burn out their drives?

Also is the trans-am mode a result of the increased output reacting with the TDB? Or is Veda the only one that can authorize the Trans-am Power setting on GN drives, TDB and Non TDB alike.

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU

Last edited by Divinegundam; 2008-03-10 at 09:32.
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 11:48   Link #3430
ichobi

Corner's attitude looks like Treize from Gundam Wing to me, though Treize is a little more refined man.
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 12:13   Link #3431
edf91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal Ouran Leviathan View Post
The info about GN Drive Tau and Trans Am system posted on page 168 wasn’t sourced, so we should probably not rely on it. I think nobody even cared about where it came from (except LoweGear, who wasn't even answered).
What we know for sure is:
1. A Haro was recovered some 80 years ago around Jupiter.
2. Red GN particles affect cellular regrowing.

Spoiler for Speculations for 1.:

Until info posted on page 168 is proven to be official, I’ll go with theory 2 because:
1. nothing indicates that Laguna Harvey (the guy the Throne were reporting to) was part of any CB faction. He’s just a powerful man with a lot of money.
2. Corner speach about generations of his family trying to take over Veda/CB/the world.
3. Spoiler/rumor said that Trans Am has to be unlocked by a living CPU controlled by Veda. However, it seems that Aeolia Schenberg unlocked it.
It is "unsourced" for a while, but thing that makes this "source" believable in the sense that this actually came out like a month or so ago, at least in the Chinese forums, so it's definitely not those run of the mill rumor/speculation that just pop out of nowhere (after people see the episodes and spoilers, then come up with their own "theories"). Also, it certainly fit the storyline so far - not saying it is 100% true, but I would say it's one of those "rumor" that has a really great chance of being true at all.

If you bother reading it, you would know the Tau GN drives are the first batch of drives they come up with, but Schenberg hated it because it emit the red GN particles that are harmful to humans, hence they developed the TD blanket to filter those out. The other fraction in CB, know that the manufacturing process of the TD blanket takes too long and can only be produced in certain places (current speculation is Jupiter, judging from the professor's reaction), want to use those drives instead of the ones with the blanket because the Tau drives can be mass produced already. A fight basically broke out, and the "other side" lost. This make sense, as otherwise, why would there be a Halo just floating around in wreckage? Now, we can say it came from the "losing side," hence there is no TD blanket (not that they want it anyway).

Laguna Harvey have no connection to CB in any kind is the wrong assumption to make as well because the Throne siblings know too much about CB for him to not have any type of connection to them - either he's an observer or he has a "traitor" inside CB, or he wouldn't know about the interface to Veda (I assume the ship would be built like 60 years after they found the Halo).

The "spoiler" said the split happens about 80 or so years ago, so that is a couple of generations of Corners at least. And the spoiler about Ribbons enabling TRANS-AM came from a different set of spoilers - the one for the GN Drive history is pretty precise, and for the most part, no obvious contradictions have been mentioned yet.
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 12:24   Link #3432
Morgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal Ouran Leviathan View Post
nothing indicates that Laguna Harvey (the guy the Throne were reporting to) was part of any CB faction. He’s just a powerful man with a lot of money.

The fact that Laguna ordered team Trinity to assassinate Prof Aifman seems to point to the fact that Laguna was part of CB.
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 12:56   Link #3433
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
CB has an army of engineers and medics keeping the Meisters in fighting form. It's just that most of them are stationed on isolated and disguised space bases, with only a skeleton crew on the ship most of the time due to lack of living quarters. The doctor would have been brought on board when Lockon needed special help.
remember SEED?

When Kira was injured this doctor on the AA just popped out of nowhere and explained to his friends what coordinators are. I'm sure people were asking who the hell this guy came from.

Though this doc looks cooler
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 12:58   Link #3434
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
They have referenced this Moreno guy in passing during previous episodes.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 14:00   Link #3435
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
1. The official site calls them "Psuedo-GN Drives". And technically, they're both true GN Drives yes, although only the "Green" Drives with the TD Blanket are formally considered as "GN Drives", while the GN-Drive[T] is considered by the Ptolemy crew as the "fake" drive.

2. There was that spoiler set that did mention that red GN particles were harmful to humans, which is why Aeolia had the TD Blanket created to filter them out.
The TD Blanket GN Drives have infinite runtime, no? They even used to "recharge" the Ptolemaios.

The GN Drive Tau are limited runtimes and needs to be recharged.

That's the major difference I see here.

Meaning even without the TD Blanket, their GN Drives should still have infinite runtimes, no?(Besides the health issue)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 14:05   Link #3436
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
The TD Blanket GN Drives have infinite runtime, no? They even used to "recharge" the Ptolemaios.

The GN Drive Tau are limited runtimes and needs to be recharged.

That's the major difference I see here.
So how does their mothership recharge?
Old 2008-03-10, 14:07   Link #3437
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
So how does their mothership recharge?
You mean the Trinity ship? Or the other one?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 14:16   Link #3438
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Trinity ship.
Old 2008-03-10, 15:23   Link #3439
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

It has its own GN Drive from what I remember.
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 15:26   Link #3440
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Uh yeah but it's a GN Tau Drive, not a TD blanket GN drive

Tags
spoilers