3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.41%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.41%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.83%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-10, 07:10   Link #441
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well im a little late in a forum that moves so fast. Over all i liked the episode seeng Exia go Trans-Am was definetly kick ass. Im interested to see the other Gundams with their GN drives at 100% operation. Disappointed the Thornes were reduced to cannon fodder except Neena. Since they didnt kill her off i can only assume that they have future plans with her. But for now she will probably return to C.B. with Setsuna. The beginning of end has arrived but im pretty sure the Meisters will live to see the end of season 1 at this point. The 3 world powers are going to be in for a shock when the devil comes to collect for their new toys.
Old 2008-03-10, 07:26   Link #442
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
By "that full power", I meant the Trans-Am mode of the main Gundams.

It's known that to make the whole TD blanket you need to go to Jupiter, but no one knows if that's for the filtering function, for the boost function, or for both. If Jupiter is only necessary for the filter (which was the only known function) then the GN Tau drivers could copy the boost, if it was known by Celestial Being members beforehand.

Besides, the conspirators found that evil haro near Jupiter, so if they had info about the true power of the GN Drive, it's likely they'd have made true GN drives with the blanket, rather than dismissing it as unnecessary and only focusing on the Tau drives.
Also, the Thrones and GN-X has a false "solar furnace". The "solar furnace" implies our Sun's fusion reaction process.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 07:30   Link #443
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
How is it that the GN-X (Jinx'ed?) always seem to know where the trinity are? Whatever happened to the GN drives' stealth ability?
Laguna Harvey and Alejandro. Not only did Harvey deliberately send them into a trap in the first GN-X encounter, but it was presumebly Alejandro who uses Veda to lead their location to the UN each time.
Quote:

Also, the UN is being fairly bold in assuming that they are in control, since their possession of 30 GN drives. (do they even know these are different from the GN drives of the 4 main gundams?)
Apparently. They at least know that the Thrones have limited power, and that they give off different kinds of particles. But while the UN has been agressive, they haven't been foolhardy. Sergei's earth campaign has been aimed at killing the Throne's power, and the space campaign has been cautious, retreating at the first sign of a new CB tool. If they had stayed to fight when the GN arm came in, for example, they would have seen that it was low on power, and it would have been twenty seven GN-X's against two active Gundams.

Quote:
They take such an aggressive stance without even considering the possibility that CB may have more than 30 other gundams themselves (afterall, the alibi that a traitor leaked the tech implies that only a small amount of units could have been smuggled).
The UN has been playing it safe, as I pointed out above. At this point, though, if there were 30 gundams, they would have shown up in order to save the others by now. And there really is no "implication." If you remember, the GN-X's weren't "smuggled." Their storehouse location was given to the Three Powers.
Quote:
Too much trust going on among the world powers, and Kinue proved what awaits those who are naive enough to accept kindness from complete strangers
Oh, the powers aren't trusting in charity. Hence why they're rushing to start producing their own, controlled, suits. They do know, however, that prior to getting the GN-X's that they were on the verge of capitulating, and that the GN-X's have been their single salvation.

As for Kinue, she just proved why you should never take RIDES from strangers.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 09:13   Link #444
Mizugetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
There's like 20+ coloured balls onboard the Ptolemaios doing maintenances on the Gundams.... And the "upgrades" are already inside the Gundams themselves so there's no need to return to this...."port"
they must return to port to change the cockpit as they cannot/ have not got a spare aboard the ship those orbs can fix battle wounds (laser burns / Beam Saber cuts) but for the cockpit and what i expect is dynames rifle they have to go fetch them

Half of Writing History is Hiding the Truth
Mizugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 09:37   Link #445
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
There's like 20+ coloured balls onboard the Ptolemaios doing maintenances on the Gundams.... And the "upgrades" are already inside the Gundams themselves so there's no need to return to this...."port"
Haros? lol Haros cant repair a cockpit or the GN Drive. In the episode the old man says that the whole unit needs an overhaul. That means they have to go back home. I also mean new weapon upgrades for the units at port. In the preview Kyrios has something new on the suit... where did he get that from? Haros cant build weapons
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 10:33   Link #446
Wintersun
C.C.'s Servant

this episode was just great.
many unexpected turns came up and exia went into trans-am mode ! =)

just awesome, gundam 00 exceeds my expectations. at the beginning i wasn't sure if it was going to be good or the same style like gundam seed (1 gundam kills like 234234134 ms) or it would be different. i'm glad it is different
Wintersun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 11:00   Link #447
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

To me, I think Trans AM mode reflects a sort of continuing trend with Gundam 00 that is really REALLY irritating me, and that's the "pull out a new trump card every time" thing that Exia/Virtue have going.

Exia: Oh crap, Ali is beating me in a swordfight, I guess I'll just turn on the previously never-revealed super-vibrate-sword and win!

Exia: Oh crap, Ali has me pinned to the ground and is about to rip my cockpit off! I guess I'll just whack him with the hidden-swing-a-sword-from-my-hip-that-nobody's-ever-seen-before!

Virtue: Oh crap, I'm all tied up! Nadleeh!

Virtue: Oh great I'm surrounded by 2 thrones! Nadleeh EMP BSOD attack!

Exia: Oh crap, Ali's about to wreck my face in the Zwei! KAIOKENOMNISLASHINAGUNDAM!

See that's the thing with weak gundams...in order to keep them alive, you constantly have to have them pulling out this new never-before-seen-trick that all of the enemies are magically unaware of. With powerful gundams, you know it's going to be just a different application of what is already there, not some new trick revealed for the first time just now. I mean how many more "first time this trump card is revealed" situations are we going to have? Which begs the question...how come THIS time is the first time? Why not ever before when they were in other jams?
Old 2008-03-10, 11:02   Link #448
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
^ Have you never watched shounen series before? These are basic principles.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 11:32   Link #449
NeonZ

Quote:
Which begs the question...how come THIS time is the first time? Why not ever before when they were in other jams?
Are you even watching the show or just randomly complaining? The Trans-Am mode was activated because Alejandro tried to kill Aeolia, not because Setsuna was having problems (he hadn't even really been defeated before Trans-Am was activated).

Exia's swords all were used (or introduced) before the battles you've mentioned.

Tieria didn't want to reveal the Nadleh because it wasn't in Vedah's schedule yet, and even when he did reveal Nadleh, he just used Virtue's weapons so obviously it still was going to have some kind of ability of its own.

However, what you've mentioned has basically happened twice in a roll (last episode with the GN-Arms finally debuting, though it had been mentioned before, and Trans-Am in this episode).

The problem with super Gundams, like in Wing and SEED, is that it basically requires brain dead grunts. How many times did enemy troops line up perfectly to be blasted by Freedom again? If they just stood side by side, it'd be physically impossible to take them all out at once, but through 2 wars, not a single group of soldiers ever did that. Wing had such bad soldiers they couldn't even move their robots apparently.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 12:29   Link #450
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
To me, I think Trans AM mode reflects a sort of continuing trend with Gundam 00 that is really REALLY irritating me, and that's the "pull out a new trump card every time" thing that Exia/Virtue have going.

Exia: Oh crap, Ali is beating me in a swordfight, I guess I'll just turn on the previously never-revealed super-vibrate-sword and win!

Exia: Oh crap, Ali has me pinned to the ground and is about to rip my cockpit off! I guess I'll just whack him with the hidden-swing-a-sword-from-my-hip-that-nobody's-ever-seen-before!

Exia: Oh crap, Ali's about to wreck my face in the Zwei! KAIOKENOMNISLASHINAGUNDAM!

See that's the thing with weak gundams...in order to keep them alive, you constantly have to have them pulling out this new never-before-seen-trick that all of the enemies are magically unaware of. With powerful gundams, you know it's going to be just a different application of what is already there, not some new trick revealed for the first time just now. I mean how many more "first time this trump card is revealed" situations are we going to have? Which begs the question...how come THIS time is the first time? Why not ever before when they were in other jams?
That just shows how great/better the grunts and the Aces in 00 is than Seed and Destiny.

Rau was just great cause Providence had those dragoons w/c Kira in his freedom doesn't have.

Shin is crap.

Rau clone is crap. (can't remember than blonde's name)

Durandal doesn't even pilot an MS.

Luna is crap.

Mwu is also crap. (on Destiny whatever name he used I forgot too)

Those trio's on Destiny are all crap too.

So yeah; pretty much Kira and Athrun and co. doesn't have to worry much when it comes to it cause other than them. Everyone is pretty much sucked on piloting mobile suits.
Quote:

1.) What never-revealed super-vibrate sword and win you're saying about dude? Go read Excias weps and specifications.

2.) Oh crap read my answer on #1.

3.) Yeah;

4.) Just like #1 again.

5.) That trial system can only be used by Tierra; seeing as hes some kind of a humanoid/cyborg something and he's the only one who can acces Veda. Or course he'd have the countermeasures needed against the GN drives.

6.) The red excia wasn't acces by Setsuna himself but Aeola. Before then Setsuna was pretty much handling himself well and could've ended the battle w/ a draw even though Ali is the better pilot.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 12:50   Link #451
Morgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
You are assuming, that there are actually people who have detailed knowledge of how the stuff works, that they are building. But maybe this isn't the case.
It could also possible, that all the technology was designed by Aeolia himself, and the people who are building it are just following the assembly instructions. The technician on the Ptolemaios for example doesn't really know much about the functions it seems. All he could say about the fake GN-drives was, that they were missing a part, but he didn't explain, what this was good for.

True, that's why I said that the techs probably don't even know what the system they're building even does. But that's a one-shot secret. As soon as trans-am is used for the first time, they'll know what those devices do. Which is why it isn't all that effective as an anti-traitor system. Traitors would likely have obtained the manufacturing procedures for the trans-am mode, even if they had no idea what it did. But once it's used, then they'd know its function and like the 3 powers did with the GN-drives could start making direct copies without knowing every detail on why it works.
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 13:21   Link #452

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
Pink lighting is hot in today's gundams.

Look at RX-0 Unicorn Gundam.

And now Exia.
It's actually somewhat between red and pink

Yep, that "Exia rouge" looks like Unicorn gundam in destroy mode...

It seems that only several episodes are left and there won't be new MSes/enemies and season 2...

That's too bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trine View Post
Sergei is really emerging as one of my favorite characters, I don't think Soma would be alive right now if it wasn't for him keeping her under control. Chasing the Thrones could have led into a trap or a situation disadvantageous to the squadron. I would pick him over Sumeragi as a tactical forecaster any day of the week.
Yep I also agree

In term of strategy skill, he is definitely got much more experience and ideas than Sumeragi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trine View Post
I loved this episode but I feel like this will only further stump Setsuna's growth as a pilot, I want to see him defeat Ali without TransAm mode.

But then again it looks like Lockon will do that for him, why would Ali be running from him? Could it be he's running out of power or the damage done to the Zwei has crippled it?

Not to mention the fact that he was immediately able to use Zwei? That makes no sense and will need explaining in the episodes to come.
I'm also 100% AGREE !

It's always much, much better to improve your piloting skill than relying on some new weapon or technology or system/mode every time you were in trouble. When will you grow then ?

Honestly speaking, Ali's piloting skill is much, much more superior than Setsuna's. Also don't forget that it's the 1st time he piloted a gundam and he could fight like that !!!

The trinity's were simply slaughtered by him and Setuna was only saved by TRANS-AM mode. Otherwise he would have became dead meat

Ali is a villain and an A****le, but as an MS pilot, he is a super ace; perhaps about the same as Graham's level...

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-03-10 at 19:21. Reason: do not triple post
06294086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 13:36   Link #453
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
actually i think sumeragi sucks...she lets the pilots do what they want. and make plans that even a 13 year old kid would think r stupid..
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 13:39   Link #454

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah View Post
Not really. F91 and Gundam Unicorn's destroy mode are better comparisons. I personally think Jehuty ver. 2 would be the closest though complete with the orbital frame pulse.
Ah yes, beside Gundam Unicorn's destroy mode, F91's "SHADOW MOVE" is a much better comparison, it focus mainly on MS's speed... If I'm not mistakes, Silhoutte gundam has also similar "SHADOW MOVE" as it mimics F91...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I'm rather disappointed that the Trinity got owned so fast and so seemingly easily. Michael got shot and he's down (whatever happened to his batshit craziness?), then Johann gets killed and there's only Nena left. I was expecting some character development or at least background about them before that happened. Maybe Nena will live to drive the character development for her and her siblings, but it's hard to develope a group of characters when 2/3 of them are dead.

At least Tieria gets some nice development, but I still feel slightly disappointed with this episode.
Hopefully there will be stronger enemies in next episodes or season 2 (if it's exists). The trinity is too weak for enemy MS bosses...

As for the meisters, please and please don't rely only on new weapons/ systems/ mode or whatever it is, focus more on improving your piloting skill !

It's not cool at all to everytime watch the meisters got "saved" from bad situations by things like new weapon (ex: GN-arms) or new system/mode (TRANS-AM)

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-03-10 at 19:21.
06294086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 14:08   Link #455
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix

CBs have more than one thing that sets them back from being god-like unlike those of Gundam Seed/Destiny being that they are:

1. Very few in numbers.
2. Young in age.
3. Inexperienced compared to pilots like Graham and Ali.

How do you make up for it? Super mechs with super abilities and features to be mentioned later on in the series. It's only natural of course... The fact that they are saved in the nick of time is due to the fact that this is ANIME and unlike real life (which is boring) they can't die within the first season, because then there wouldn't be a second season...

Visit My Graphic Site: The Forgotten Lair
Red_Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 14:16   Link #456
hamstar
just passing by

that speed that trans-exia had...it was UFO-like speed. Has there ever been any gundam in any series that moves that fast?
Old 2008-03-10, 14:26   Link #457
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

why does it allways look like the Gundams get any upgrades or powerups.. or gain controll again after VEDA shut them down... that Setsuna is the reason or so... no wonder he has that gundam complex..

I'm not complaining or anything..
I'm just.. currious as to why they are doing this.. it's like.. yeah we make it look like that little kid is such a big Gundam fanatic that he does it all by himself and subconsciously.. I mean it's a nice trick they do.. and we all go like.. yeah he's awesome.. but after like the 7th time.. I tend to ask myself what the real reason for this is...
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 15:24   Link #458
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

You are not alone...

Quote:
You're not the only one irritated, others have expressed similar feelings. Unfortunately this is the formula for the genre. Regardless of how it's justified by progression, essentially it's just a plot device to keep viewers hooked. For some, it has the opposite effect.

Quote:
Which begs the question...how come THIS time is the first time? Why not ever before when they were in other jams?
Trust me, you don't want to ask that here.

Last edited by mikesince83; 2008-03-10 at 15:46.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 15:24   Link #459
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
that speed that trans-exia had...it was UFO-like speed. Has there ever been any gundam in any series that moves that fast?
The V2 Gundam, God Gundam and Turn A Gundam (although nobody really knows what it did when it suddenly vanished in one episode).
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 15:28   Link #460
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoastmysocks View Post
why does it allways look like the Gundams get any upgrades or powerups..
Because all Gundam shows are, in effect, 24 minute toy commercials?
Quote:
or gain controll again after VEDA shut them down...
That one was called "planning" on Sumeragi's part. As in, she "prepared" that it might happen and made a "contingency plan."
Quote:
that Setsuna is the reason or so... no wonder he has that gundam complex..
That one's just fun. Every good thing that happens to Setsuna for perfectly natural techno-babble reasons happens when he has an empotional point. Hence it's rather amusing (and character-influencing) that the system-boot happens just as he decides he wants to live and commands the mobile suit to fight, or that he gets Trans-Am when he declares that Ali is wrong and that Gundams aren't just war machines.

Quote:
I'm not complaining or anything..
I'm just.. currious as to why they are doing this.. it's like.. yeah we make it look like that little kid is such a big Gundam fanatic that he does it all by himself and subconsciously.. I mean it's a nice trick they do.. and we all go like.. yeah he's awesome.. but after like the 7th time.. I tend to ask myself what the real reason for this is...
See above. Three quarters toy commercial, one quarter character development.

[/QUOTE]
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote