2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.37%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-23, 23:08   Link #481
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
0 Gundam is useless, it has no GN-drive and is outdated beyond usefulness.
You sure about that?

Anyway, I think I had said enough in other forums how good the episode was. I'm not sayng it's good because people were dying left and right (and that recurring joke about Tomino intervening Mizushima's war scenario), but it only manages to show that this series doesn't thrive on massive plot shielding and the writers are pretty much unafraid to kill-off people, even though most characters in this series are very under-developed.

And I'm pleased to know that I'm not the only one who felt bad for Christina's death. Maybe because I like her cheery personality despite working for such a shady organization such as CB.
dspr8_rugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 23:21   Link #482
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Was it some sort of translation error or did they seriously announce in the preview that Exia will be destroyed? To be honest, I expected it to happen considering the current rate they're killing off characters and gundams, but to announce it ahead of time seems strange...
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 23:28   Link #483
JaoJao
The One and Only!

Is there going to be a season 2? If so, then does anyone know when its going to premiere?
JaoJao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 23:33   Link #484
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaoJao View Post
Is there going to be a season 2? If so, then does anyone know when its going to premiere?
October.......
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 23:42   Link #485
jonli
JONLIの憂'

When did Marina get the nickname poverty princess? that's sooooo sad......
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 23:48   Link #486
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

God knows how long, but I was aware of that nickname since the beginning (in another forum though). Well, she IS a princess for a poor country anyway.
dspr8_rugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 23:53   Link #487
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesince83 View Post
Was it some sort of translation error or did they seriously announce in the preview that Exia will be destroyed? To be honest, I expected it to happen considering the current rate they're killing off characters and gundams, but to announce it ahead of time seems strange...
No it wasn't a translation error.

It was a preview of the final episode of the season. Yes Exia will be destroyed. It doesn't mean Setsuna will die though but it could.

Man, everything about this series is top class, the animation, the plot, the voice acting and the music is also excellent. I really love these OPs & EDs, but the death music is very touching. It has everything that makes it a classic anime series.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:36   Link #488
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ yeah, the death music is surprisingly good. lockon's flashback had excellent music, Christina's embrace with Lichten had excellent music as well. hopefully whoever goes out next ep will get the same treatment.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:45   Link #489
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

what a powerful episode - I definitely get the zeta vibe here - ( HUH another 10/10 episode 'again')

I think patrick might died as the symbol of the series leaning toward the darker and cruel side (my favourite)

Lycht or whatever that guy name isn't acyborg as he said he got seperated form his family in a war well he also vomit blood (probably the war rob half of his body hence replace it with cyborg part)

the scene where the crew talk about their family and the music kick in felt really warm for me it definitely make their death more impact than I though (mizushima and kuroda definitely kickass here)

so sad to remember that only one episode left and it will definitely surely without a doubt gonna be HUGE CLIFFHANGER and WE HAVE TO WAIT LIKE F#@K*NG 6 MONTHS to know what happen next -well on the brighter note we could expect even better anime quality-

- truly an epic series -
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:47   Link #490
Morgun

Why the heck did Alejandro hop into a giant MA and head to the battlefield? That's what lackeys are for!! Somebody get this guy a copy of the Evil Mastermind Handbook.
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:48   Link #491
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgun View Post
Why the heck did Alejandro hop into a giant MA and head to the battlefield? That's what lackeys are for!! Somebody get this guy a copy of the Evil Mastermind Handbook.
Don't you mean the Evil Overlord list?
Old 2008-03-24, 00:51   Link #492
Morgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Don't you mean the Evil Overlord list?
LOL I forgot all about that! Good call.
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 01:10   Link #493
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
Lycht or whatever that guy name isn't acyborg as he said he got seperated form his family in a war well he also vomit blood (probably the war rob half of his body hence replace it with cyborg part)
Don't you think if you were in his condition, maybe you would twist the truth so that the subject wasn't brought up?

His parents were working on the evelators when they got killed because of the Solar Crisis and conversely he's body was badly mangeled in the process.

As much as I hate to say this, it's a darn shame they didn't expand on those two characters, both Christina and Litch, because frankly, even though they weren't part of the Miesters group, I feel that a story like that would have been more interesting than the pointless Marina and Saji scenes. YAWN.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 01:17   Link #494
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post

With that being said....I dont think anyone from 00 will be as lovable as lulu from CG.

True that .
Old 2008-03-24, 01:17   Link #495
EternalDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Don't you think if you were in his condition, maybe you would twist the truth so that the subject wasn't brought up?

His parents were working on the evelators when they got killed because of the Solar Crisis and conversely he's body was badly mangeled in the process.

As much as I hate to say this, it's a darn shame they didn't expand on those two characters, both Christina and Litch, because frankly, even though they weren't part of the Miesters group, I feel that a story like that would have been more interesting than the pointless Marina and Saji scenes. YAWN.
Kinda too late for that, now that they're both...well, dead.

Maybe in a flashback memory, or a special perhaps?
EternalDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 01:23   Link #496
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post

Agreed - but Marina and Saji might have bigger role in S2 - from my point of view actually no character are useless in Gundam 00 that's what make this series so epic (even patrick serve as a comic relief hope he really died though)
Old 2008-03-24, 01:25   Link #497
Slayerx

Quote:
That sounds okay but if the gundam become ever more powerful than they are right now we are basically going to the insanity that is seed destiny where everyone gundam has dragoons and GN shields....not to mention special coated gundam paint that reflects beams. Oh oh oh I forgot to mention an inexhaustable GN drive so that they can be stuck in tras-am mode. I hope they keep this show believable! No more h4xx
Well, not necessarily... if there's one thing that gundam 00 has been showing recently, is that writers know what there doing... I was worried about trans-am mode, but the sort time limit and the backlash of using it managed to balance things out... The gundams were overwelmed and trans-am allowed them to become god-like just long enough for them to even the odds... but as we've kind seen, even that wasn't enough to bring CB; they should be thankful last episode that the GN's decided to retreat and not press on the attack... and that Graham wasn't on the battlefield

Really, CB will need newer and somewhat stronger gundams to help them keep up the fight... and the power up doesn't have to be horribly noticeable; better armor to help them take a few more hits faster units to build up the evasion... cause if there is a time skip, we could be looking at mass produced GNX's, along with upgraded suits for aces pilots and CB has enough trouble dealing with a couple dozen... however, if there is a timeskip, hopefully the director will know well enough to make it so the meisters gain some combat talent and rely more on that to keep up the fight... really, we just have to trust that the writers won't screw it up... which is unfortunately, ALWASY a possibility when your dealing with series based on merchandising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Impossible, no major war between the 3 powers will ever erupt. The solar towers are what keeps them together because they know they need each other.

And with this alliance, there's very little reason for them to break off after dealing with CB. The fact remains that a third-party faction from out of nowhere with superior technology comes in and dominates all of them. They'll defintely be keeping an eye out for anything else that would come by and threaten them.

This alliance is to stay.
You can never say impossible when you get a timeskip involved... hell for all we know, that elevator might get destroyed next episode or something...

I mean think about it... Alejandro even said that in a previous episode that he wanted the HRL to come out on top in the end and help direct the future... Do you really think that the HRL can be the directors of the future while maintain an equal peaceful coexistence with the alliance? Very likely, Alejandro was making somekind of plan that would either turn the 3 major nations against each other or something that would steer the future towards the HRL... even if he were to die next episode, just the fact that he thought the future could be pushed towards the HRL is enough to say that this alliance might shatter... Really, their mutual hatred for CB may be the only thing that is really holding together and once they are gone, they will split up just as they were in the begining... only now they have a new weapon to play with

Though i'm starting to think Alejandro may survive this battle and start directing the future as he wished... and it will be up to CB to rise from the ashes in a world when he has lead to chaos with the intention of it ending in his favor, and CB being the ones who need to set things right...

But ya, this is a hard series to predict... i didn't expect a lot of thigns that happened in this series, and can't really tell what will happen next episode... so there's no way i can be truly settled with any guess for season 2

My personal hope for season 2... Felt for Gundam Meister ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288
Agreed - but Marina and Saji might have bigger role in S2 - from my point of view actually no character are useless in Gundam 00 that's what make this series so epic (even patrick serve as a comic relief hope he really died though)
Very true... i already said what i think might happen to Saji... and as for Marina; who knows, she may just somehow pull a Relena... basically a powerless pacifist that somehow manages to get shit done with the power of charisma, or something like that

Whatever happens, we just have to trust the writers not to screw it up... i think Saji in particular would be the easiest to screw up... doing nothing with him would be an auto fail, but there is so many things that could go wrong if they try to involve him...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 01:33   Link #498
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
My personal hope for season 2... Felt for Gundam Meister ^^
If there are really time skip that might happen and also we might see setsunaxmarina as setsuna (hopefully he didn't died or appeared died) mature enough for his feeling -just personal opinion and wishes-
Old 2008-03-24, 01:44   Link #499
hamstar
just passing by

saji a gundam meister...... I dont know, if computer science nerd like kira can be the best pilot in seed is it really a stretch if saji to pilot a gundam ? I'm just worried that this may happen, because I hate that wuss boy a lot. To all those doubters....it only takes 1 or 2 episodes of anime for a character to become converted to the otherside. Assuming lockon isnt coming back (and i hope he stays dead) it seems like a toss up between saji and 'lockoff' aka lyle or maybe no 4th meister. But honestly any character can suit the role of 4th meister. Possibly a totally new character may be introduced in S2.
Old 2008-03-24, 02:01   Link #500
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
saji a gundam meister...... I dont know, if computer science nerd like kira can be the best pilot in seed is it really a stretch if saji to pilot a gundam ?
Kira and Athrun were GENIUSES, at the top of their class. Kira was a master programmer while Athrun was an insane engineer. That's why they do school projects together, and that's also why Athrun was able to make a flying metal bird.

Athrun and Kira were intellectual equals. When Athrun went to PLANT and attended an all-coordinator military academy, he was number-one in all subjects.

This is more than just about Coordinators; Athrun and Kira were exceptions rather than the rule.

So bringing it back to 00, it is RIDICULOUS to compare Saji to Kira, or any other young Gundam protagonist. Saji is an ordinary hard-working young man, who does not stand out in ether intellect or skill.

Calling Kira a computer nerd is like calling Master Asia a wanna-be martial artist. It is plainly false.