Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-06-09, 15:36   Link #41
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnykun

btw shinobu_maehara where is ur avatar and sig from? series?
THx in adavance
Love Hina. The character in the avatar is Maehara Shinobu and the signature gif anime is Urashima Keitaro and Otohime Mutsumi as kids.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 15:53   Link #42
abubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
as for these clothings, each school have their own unique design, so you have to buy accordingly to the school you attend. You go to the nearest department store, tell them your high school and present your school ID, and they'll give you what you need.
Kj-san,

I heard from my female Japanesefriends that some girls actually pick high school based on the look of the uniform; is that true? Since you have to enter high school based on test scores, it's possible to kinda choose a school, no?
abubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 16:08   Link #43
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubo
Kj-san,

I heard from my female Japanesefriends that some girls actually pick high school based on the look of the uniform; is that true? Since you have to enter high school based on test scores, it's possible to kinda choose a school, no?
it's true actually...if a bit exaggerated. I mean, if you were a girl would you want to wear something you didn't even like for 3 years straight?
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 19:09   Link #44
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubo
Kj-san,

Yes, actually the uniform that you wear is kind of like a status symbol here. Since each school has different uniforms, people know which school you are going to by the uniform. Say for example you have three different high schools in the same district:

School A is known for having high test scores and is famous for being a top-tier school nationally. Its uniform is a plaid conservative uniform with a touch of elitism.

School B is known for its excellence in sports and is famous for winning championship games. Its uniform is bright-colored and is designed to give an bit of athletic appeal.

School C is an above average school which focuses on hand-on learning that offers a wide variety of vocational training courses. On the other hand, this school has a kick-ass uniform specially made and tailored by a well-known brand designer.

So, if you are walking in the town or city wearing a plaid-conservative uniform, people judge you that you must be very smart and headed on a higher road. If you are wearing the uniform from School B, people judge you that you have some sort of athletic ability. And if you are wearing the most popular uniform, then you are with the crowd.

So how do people choose their schools they want to go to? Let's start from middle school. Let's say you have some talent in sports. You want to go to School B. But you also like the challenge of studying harder to get a higher education - so you also take exams for School A. But just in case you don't get into neither of them, you want to use School C as a back-up. For some miracle, you pass all three entrance exams and all three schools send you an invitation to attend their school. Which do you choose? Then you go through a process of pros and cons...and you decide you want to take an aim of winning the National Championship in high school baseball, so you choose School A.

But like I said, these are just a broad example.

High schools around your area usually have pamphlets in middle schools for prospective students to decide where they want to go to. Of course, they first have to send in their application to take the entrance exam, and pass it to get in. People have their own reasons and they choose for what each different high schools offer. Some people do it for the challenge, other have a certain goal they want to try, others go for the status appeal, and some others go for the school atmosphere, the uniform, and what not.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 11:52   Link #45
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
owww.....how i wish to be born in Japan....

In Malaysia, they judge you either through your school badge or your Hairstyle...
neat huh? but you know wat?? We are stuck in a school for 5 straight years including lower and upper secondary...and that's suck...no uniform differences... but there's sports wear for different school.

i came from quite a famous school though...i remember in Japan there's one too... my school name is ST.XAVIER INSTITUTION and quite famous for its band and crazy foot ballers...some students just too proud and wanted to show off so just after school ends...they change into our school sports wear...and walk around shopping complex or etc. and yes...they do get peoples attentions...
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 14:47   Link #46
Xiaojie

Schools in my hometown don't have anything special like u all said. The only difference lies in scores of test or No. of students achieve high education level. Maybe these school think it's wisdom paying most of their attention on teaching.
So all the school uniforms look like the same. All of them are blue, or some're light blue, others are black blue. If something different must be figured out, buttons should be the only choice. Generally speaking, the third school uniform has three buttons on coat, and the forth school uniform has four, and etc.. So most of students dislike these uniforms.
Perhaps it's cool in anime, students don't feel good in real life.
(Hope u could understand me cause some sentences or words may wrong. My English is poor.
Xiaojie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 04:35   Link #47
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
To:Xiaojie or should i say "Miss"

I came from a well known English school but as you can see, my english aren't that good either though sometimes makes me wonder how i manage to get high scores for my English Exam.... this is because of the standard set by different country, At England their standard in English Language is higher and even a Primary Student there would easily beat down the Secondary student from my country.

Since you're from China, is kinda...how to say ar...normal for most of you to be blind in English. At my place, there's alot of Great and reknown Chinese School where they produce great Engineers and Doctors but their English isn't that good either, is not that we can't write is just that we can't speak well...

Lets take the Japanese for instant, most of them got great English Vocabulary and great Essay writers but they seems to find it difficult to comunicate in English. So don't look so down la~ Just speak english occasionally, and you'll eventually get your English built up...

Oh, btw... I'm a Chinese in Malaysia, haha~
Chien tau ne hen hou...
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 12:21   Link #48
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

in america, there's NO UNIFORMS!!!

that sux

we all could wear "gangstA" clothes and speak eubonics, but that will really suck

Go uniforms!
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 21:29   Link #49
inu-fma88fan

Question cosplaying!!

i am really sorry if some one already posted something like this but
does anyone cosplay??^^
i need some help. i wanna make a (edward elric from fullmetal alchemist) costume but i have not experience what so ever. need some advice

thanks
inu-fma88fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 22:23   Link #50
Grona
Big Damit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inu-fma88fan
i am really sorry if some one already posted something like this but
does anyone cosplay??^^
i need some help. i wanna make a (edward elric from fullmetal alchemist) costume but i have not experience what so ever. need some advice

thanks
www.alisachan.com

www.cosplayangel.com

These two girls should be able to help you with anything you need to know
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 22:48   Link #51
Kaoru27Umi
Jounin

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru27Umi
Female Villain Cosplay Suggestions

Konnichiwa!

I'm a cosplayer and me and my friends had the idea of being Female Villains at up coming conventions (since we're girls and all). The only problem for me is... i have no idea who i should be! I was thinking about being Karla from Record of Lodoss War or Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist, but i'm not sure...

If anyone could give me any suggestions that'd be great!
thanks!
Kaoru27Umi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 23:08   Link #52
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Maestro Delphine from Last Exile? my favorite female villain of recent time
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 23:25   Link #53
Kaoru27Umi
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Maestro Delphine from Last Exile? my favorite female villain of recent time
Do you have a picture of her or a link i can go to? I can't seem to find any!
Old 2004-09-05, 23:57   Link #54
Thelastguardian

You sure? *Regis' tone* IS that your FINAL ANSWER??

Personally I wouldn't choose her to be a target of cosplay. Difficulty aside, it is pretty....out there to cosplay her.

But then again she is the only one I could think up when I see the word "female villian"; Maybe you could try the lady with the *gasp* whip in DearS

Refer to this link

http://www.designchronicle.com/memen...es/000078.html

http://www.designchronicle.com/memen...stexile10b.jpg

PS I don't like to hot-link, therefore I posted the original page with the picture link.
Old 2004-09-06, 00:18   Link #55
Kaoru27Umi
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
You sure? *Regis' tone* IS that your FINAL ANSWER??

Personally I wouldn't choose her to be a target of cosplay. Difficulty aside, it is pretty....out there to cosplay her.

But then again she is the only one I could think up when I see the word "female villian"; Maybe you could try the lady with the *gasp* whip in DearS

Refer to this link

http://www.designchronicle.com/memen...es/000078.html

http://www.designchronicle.com/memen...stexile10b.jpg

PS I don't like to hot-link, therefore I posted the original page with the picture link.
haha, i wasn't sure, i just wanted to see a picture of her because i saw some of Last Exile awhile ago and i forgot who Delphine was

I've never seen DearS so i wouldn't be able to cosplay that person

anyway, if you have anymore suggestions, keep them coming!
Old 2004-09-06, 00:26   Link #56
The Yellow Dwarf

How about evil Chibi-Moon in Sailor Moon? I forgot what she's called exactly, the "Dark Lady" or something overblown like that.
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 00:32   Link #57
Kaoru27Umi
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dwarf
How about evil Chibi-Moon in Sailor Moon? I forgot what she's called exactly, the "Dark Lady" or something overblown like that.
wow i didn't even think of that one, it's been so long since i've seen Sailor Moon, do you have a link or anything for a picture of her?
Old 2004-09-06, 00:49   Link #58
hooliganj
Team Player

Assuming you don't want to dress in bondage gear, here are some ideas:
Lady Tokimi from Tenchi Muyo!
Arisugawa Juri from Revolutionary Girl Utena
Erina Kinjo Won from Martian Successor Nadesico
May Wong from Kaleido Star
Ayaka Steiger from Kurau - Phantom Memory
Kariya Yukie from Soukyuu no Fafner
Sherry from Konjiki no Gash Bell!! (you'd need someone to play Brago to make the set)
Eva Heinemann from Monster (normal clothes costumes are the best )

Of course, if you do want bondage gear, then DearS would be the way to go.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 01:29   Link #59
Kaoru27Umi
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Assuming you don't want to dress in bondage gear, here are some ideas:
Lady Tokimi from Tenchi Muyo!
Arisugawa Juri from Revolutionary Girl Utena
Erina Kinjo Won from Martian Successor Nadesico
May Wong from Kaleido Star
Ayaka Steiger from Kurau - Phantom Memory
Kariya Yukie from Soukyuu no Fafner
Sherry from Konjiki no Gash Bell!! (you'd need someone to play Brago to make the set)
Eva Heinemann from Monster (normal clothes costumes are the best )

Of course, if you do want bondage gear, then DearS would be the way to go.
Oh Lady Tokimi is going on my list, wow totally forgot about Tenchi Muyo!
Eva Heinemann is too easy because of the normal clothes, i want something a little more challenging :P
Which one is Kariya Yukie, i just can't picture her for some reason!
I have to see more Kurau Phantom Memory and Martian Successor Nadesico before i can do them.
The rest of those i haven't seen!
thanks so much for those suggestions!
Old 2004-09-06, 01:35   Link #60
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
On the topic of Sailor Moon there is:
Mistress 9 (Sailor Moon S)
Dark Moon Sisters (4 of em)(Sailor Moon R)
Emerald (Sailor Moon R)
Amazon Sisters (Sailor Moon SuperS)
Michiru and Haruka (only for a bit)(Sailor Moon Stars)
The countless ones they made in Sailor Moon Stars (IronMouse...etc)
The list goes on for this series

Images here...not great ones, but there they are.
http://www.geocities.com/sailorkakyuu6/villains.htm

Found a better one with every villian, you can tell the females ones just by looking at the pics
http://www.eternalsailormoon.org/cha.../villains.html

Last edited by Oujirou; 2004-09-06 at 01:47.
Oujirou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosplay