AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-09-30, 16:11   Link #21
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Some bastard decided to give me negative rep on my last post for being "uninformed" and that "I should get my facts straight". I didn't make that shit up, and here's the proof:

Iga-ryu Ninja Museum

Quote from: http://www.iganinja.jp/english/godou.../f_daieto.html

"The maximum weight for a ninja was around 60kg. This was because they had to be able to hang from ceilings and other places using just their thumbs and forefingers. They were supposed to have constantly trained by lifting bales of rice (which then weighed around 60kg) using only their fingers to enable them to perform this feat.
In order to keep down their weight, the ninja ate what would now be called diet foods which were low in calories and fat, and rich in protein."

Quote from: http://www.iganinja.jp/english/godou/kaori/f_nazo.html

"People of different professions each had their own peculiar smells, and so, for example, medicine peddlers would smell of Japanese medicines and drapers would smell of aloeswood and agallochum. The ninja would therefore ensure that he smelt as well as looked right when in disguise. The ninja thus obviously knew about the way of incense, but the art that they practiced was a shadowy one cloaked in secrecy."

That's all from one of my sources in the report. So there. Give me my rep back :fingers:
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 17:01   Link #22
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaj
That guys a christmas Ninja, pretty rare.
Quiet! If he finds out you know he's a Christmas ninja, he'll go Noel-no-jitsu on your sorry ass, usually involving Candy Canes of Spooky DOOM.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 18:30   Link #23
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Holy crap, using a t-shirt to do the headgear part, I would have never thought in my most wildest of dreams that such a simple thing could look passable. I'm guessing the rest of the setup is just black, black, black.
Amazing, isn't it? Now try running around like a ninja around midnight on your block; you'll get really funny responses. XD

Quote:
That guys a christmas Ninja, pretty rare.
Christmas ninja steal your presents and your SOUL! >__<
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 19:29   Link #24
xargon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru27Umi
like make the bottom of the shoe wood?
yeah why not it sounds, ninja-ish and looks cool.
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 21:30   Link #25
Kaoru27Umi
Jounin

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru27Umi
Wow thanks guys so much for replying all this time while i was at school! lol

okay to answer some questions/comments of yours
I am a girl lol, so i won't be impressing any girls! haha
alas since i am a girl, that makes costuming a bit harder since most ninjas... a boys...
Yes many people are dressing up as the Ninja Turtles lol, that'll be very interesting!
I'm thinking black black black will work lol, should i just use like a black t-shirt and pants or what like trying to find a black karate outfit is tough... i do have a white one though... damnit!
i was thinking for footwear using my socks ofcourse, then making some sort of leg wrapings of white, kinda like in naruto and stuff and using some sort of sandal or wooden foot bottom thing under the sock, i have no idea i'm still brain storming lol
oh for the "fake" weapons, i quoted fake because they have to be fake, but they'll be real because i'm pretending to be a ninja and when i'm in character they won't be fake they'll be real... lol i just confused myself

again thanks so much, keep the ideas coming!!! (^_^)V
Kaoru27Umi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 21:50   Link #26
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Well, if you are a girl then I recommend fishnets if possible.

Just joking; I think an overall black outfit is good enough.

Normal sandals with the ninja socks should work just fine, and like I've said, the ninja armlets/armbands are important, too!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 18:18   Link #27
Kaoru27Umi
Jounin

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru27Umi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Well, if you are a girl then I recommend fishnets if possible.

Just joking; I think an overall black outfit is good enough.

Normal sandals with the ninja socks should work just fine, and like I've said, the ninja armlets/armbands are important, too!
oh yeah what should i do with that, should just make them? is there anywhere i could get them? i'm so clueless
Kaoru27Umi is offline   Reply With Quote