AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-05-04, 12:53   Link #21
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Alright, as a reminder:
1) Routes branching from Stray Sheep (when Okarin decides to turn off the phone at the shrine):
In that general branch, we have Okarin trying to figure out what's the deal with Kagari, this lead to 3 possible endings:
-Twin Automata (Maho's ending): Okarin didn't answer the phone call from Amadeus, even though it is supposed to be out of reach. In this world line, they are dealing with Judy who basically betrayed Leskinen.
-Recursive Mother Goose (Kagari's ending): Okarin didn't erase Kurisu's memories himself from Kagari. In this case, they are back where Kagari doesn't know about the future (reason is probably because leskinen's experience on her wiped her completely clean there). It ends with the lab members looking for the song Kagari was singing.
-Promised Rinascimento (Kurisu's ending): Okarin discovering how to trick the world and himself, then he timeleaped 3000 times before sending the DRINE.

2) Routes branching from X Day Protocol:
This branch actually has way more emphasis about Kurisu's work, notably her laptop.
-Gehenna's Strigma (Leskinen's ending): the slight change of event due to answering to Amadeus' call lead to Maho leaving for America, but then accidentally eavesdrop Leskinen and Judy's conversation, which ultimately lead to the bad end.
-Vega and Altair (Mayuri's ending): the origin and reason for Operation Arc Light: it is in that world line where Mayuri goes back in time with Suzuha to convinced her past self to knock some sense to Okarin.
-Milky Way Crossing (true end): "continuation" of V&A. Okarin prepares his plans for the steins gate in 2025.

Regarding the antagonists:
Stray Sheep branch:
-Judy Reyers (from DURPA)
-Alexis Leskinen (from Stratfo, but never exposed. Only foreshadowing in a specific ending and him disappearing in Tokyo University like how it was shown in the anime)
-SERN (in the shadows. They managed to hack Amadeus, leading to a surprising world line change to the alpha world line)

X Day protocol branch:

-Alexis Leskinen (this time for real)
-Kagari Shiina (brainwashed completely by Stratfo, went through to plastic surgery to keep watch on the future gadget lab as Yuki Amane)
-Moeka Kiryuu (SERN is actually active in this branch, looking for Kurisu's laptop).
-Russia's faction (responsible for the odd USSR world line, but also the destruction of the dummy laptop)
Old 2018-05-04, 13:06   Link #22
RDNexus

In Kagari's case, maybe one could rule her out as antagonist, since she seems about to make her official appearance...
Moeka...since X-Day Protocol has already been named in episode title and such, may be up to consideration.
Russia...that guy in the news, in the latest episode, seemed like a potential allusion to them, gotta wait and see.
Old 2018-05-04, 14:15   Link #23
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm not sure I feel right referring to the Rounders and SERN as the same entity.
Old 2018-05-07, 07:28   Link #24
Marina2

Look like anime will continue on A stray sheep and might head for The Orbital Eclipse next.

Title of ep. is: 非点収差のソリチュード (Hitenshūsa no sorichūdo??)
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Maho is really cute in anime version. Anime seems to ship Okabe x Maho harder than VN. They made Maho accepted handkerchief from Okabe instead of using her own to wipe out her tear.

IF they are going to merge all story line, I wonder which situation will they choose to make Okabe tells Maho about Time machine stuff.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-05-07 at 07:47.
Old 2018-05-09, 13:57   Link #25
HtwoN

So Judy appeared. They are clearly going to PR branch first. It's a good way to end the first half of the show before going into VA in the second half.
Old 2018-05-09, 14:23   Link #26
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yeah. Doing the PR branch makes more sense, and it would have been really silly to do V&A branch again after the D-RINE.

I'm curious how they will deal with Leskinen and Reyers. Logically speaking, they should make Leskinen's death "canon" so the reveal in V&A will catch the anime only viewers offguard hard.
Old 2018-05-09, 17:43   Link #27
RDNexus

Could someone remind me what's the Steins Gate?
Old 2018-05-09, 17:46   Link #28
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Steins Gate is basically the name of the World Line where both Mayuri and Kurisu are alive.

Originally, Steins Gate is a nonsensical Chuunibyou term invented by Okarin for his Kyouma persona's "goal". Like looking for the Akashic records or something.
Old 2018-05-09, 18:44   Link #29
Marina2

How will they jump back from PR to X-day protocol? In VN, it's fine because you just load the save but I wonder if it is going to work in anime format??

I meant, It will feel like the show hit reset button and Okabe and other characters "forget" everything in PR branch.
Old 2018-05-09, 18:51   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There are 2 possible ways
-Follows Suzuha's perspective after she witnessed the "revival" of Okabe in PR. Since she always goes to a very slightly different world line, they could just show her going back in time but this time, in the V&A branch, helping Mayuri.
-Follows the "travel" of the D-RINE.

The one thing they should absolutely avoid is to create some reading steiner effect, because that would be an irreparable inconsistency.
Old 2018-05-14, 20:39   Link #31
MCAL

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

JAPANESE SHAMAN GIRLS next episode!!
Old 2018-05-16, 20:18   Link #32
HtwoN

Is this where the "dream" starts? My memory is hazy.
Old 2018-05-16, 20:34   Link #33
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Is this where the "dream" starts? My memory is hazy.
You're gonna have to a bit more specific here?
Old 2018-05-16, 20:40   Link #34
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
You're gonna have to a bit more specific here?
SERN hacked Amadeus. Okabe went back to the Alpha attraction field. There was a really moving scene of Kurisu convincing Okabe that was just a dream, he needed to "wake up".
Old 2018-05-16, 20:49   Link #35
MCAL

Quote:
CERN hacked Amadeus. Okabe went back to the Alpha attraction field. There was a really moving scene of Kurisu convincing Okabe that was just a dream, he needed to "wake up".
Then its not that. Though we should probably be getting that next episode anyway if my memory is correct. And that's of course if we're continuing with the Promised Rinascimento in the anime.
Old 2018-05-17, 00:11   Link #36
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

I was wondering why in the first series, the Beta timeline Okabe arrived in is 1.130205, while the new series states it's 1.129848.
Old 2018-05-17, 05:00   Link #37
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
SERN hacked Amadeus. Okabe went back to the Alpha attraction field. There was a really moving scene of Kurisu convincing Okabe that was just a dream, he needed to "wake up".
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Then its not that. Though we should probably be getting that next episode anyway if my memory is correct. And that's of course if we're continuing with the Promised Rinascimento in the anime.
Next episode will most likely focus on DURPA assault, then Okarin trying to get Braun's help. I assume the episode will end on that cliffhanger wth Okarin meeting the real Kurisu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
I was wondering why in the first series, the Beta timeline Okabe arrived in is 1.130205, while the new series states it's 1.129848.
That's because 1.130205 is the Beta World Line where Okarin from Zero already finished his plan. In that world line, Suzuha is aware of what to do and must make sure Okarin fails first (Operation Skuld).

1.129848 is the "original" Beta World Line after Okarin deleted the dmail record in SERN Database. This means that Suzuha has no idea of the operation Skuld, and there wasn't any Dmail video sent to Okarin. Likewise, Mayuri wasn't in contact with her "future self". This is the world line that lead to Zero.
Old 2018-05-17, 05:07   Link #38
RDNexus

All those World Lines make me confused...
Old 2018-05-17, 07:00   Link #39
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I've been wondering how Kurisu knew how to restore the timeline back though. Okabe never explained to Kurisu why the world line shifted back because he himself didn't know.
Old 2018-05-17, 11:09   Link #40
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The only possible explanation is that the Okarin of that world line is pretty much the usual one (as in, trying to save Mayuri). This can be inferred with the fact that Okarin deliebrately destroyed the microwave, and Kurisu explicitely stated Okarin made a choice.

From what I could conclude, the original Okarin explained the attractor field effects on the world line to Kurisu, and they figured out that the first dmail isn't the real issue, but the mere fact that SERN got their hands on the time machine in a way or another.
It is very likely that the rounders never attacked the lab since SERN pretty much was after Amadeus, leading to the weird situation where Mayuri still dies in a weird fashion. From there, it is very likely Maho panicked and contacted Kurisu, and the latter deduced why Mayuri still died.

Frankly, this requires so many speculations and assumptions that it was truly a headache, and even then, it is way too convenient because the changes of SERN actions should have a dramatic butterfly effect, not merely having the lab members left alone like that.
To be honest, they probably wanted to deal a huge psychological blow to the readers, while leaving the details very vague to avoid an obvious plot hole.