AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-06, 06:09   Link #101
Cal-Reflector

Hmmm.... that's funny, watching the recaps made me start hating Mayama all over again. *Chuckle* Ah yes, the good ol' days.

I don't expect the anime to be as good as the first season, but here's hoping it'll do justice to it.

*Sigh*
Old 2006-07-06, 08:33   Link #102
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Ah how refreshing that recap episode was

It was like a much needed vacation and so hoping that the second series will be as well loved as the first

They didn't just use old clips so where I normally detest recap eps, this one I loved

Last edited by pathyfinder; 2006-07-12 at 20:42.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 11:49   Link #103
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I didn't find the recap annoying. Maybe that's because I watched the first season about four times in three weeks ... or just because I'm THAT besotted to H&C. Anyway, this episode's bound to be interesting at the least.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 12:21   Link #104
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Re.: episode 2

Spoiler:

That must have been uncomfortable. Mayama, you poor bastard! 8)

On the other side of things, Morita is up to his usual Korobokkuru-style tricks...

Spoiler:

Thankfully, it's Takemoto to the rescue. 8)

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-07-06 at 12:33.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 12:34   Link #105
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Do I see Rika blushing? ZOMG, I do! Heh. Hehe. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 2006-07-06, 13:59   Link #106
dxgarten

Episode 02 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 15:43   Link #107
Lyannea

The first episode was great! I was expecting nothing -- but i was happy to see how they did a recap with different point of views. Because yea I noticed a lot of new shots. They did not just use old animation. The colors are different now (a bit more pink?) and so are the eyes and the drawings in general. I guess I will get used to the new style as well. Can't wait to see the next episodes !
Lyannea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 16:18   Link #108
Spaghettos

Is it just me or...
Spoiler:

I'm looking really forward to the next episode with the screencap and summary!
Spaghettos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 19:00   Link #109
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode. I'm so happy for Rika and Mayama ... Ayu needs to get back down to Earth and realize that Mayama's never going to be for her ... unless this is going to be like those uber-violent realistic love stories where she murders Rika and lets Mayama drink weird-ass stuff to ensnare him ... which I don' t think will happen.
Old 2006-07-06, 21:05   Link #110
Omniscient

Episode 02 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 23:37   Link #111
Bevisl

This episode have more funny screen

Honey and Clover Ⅱ Episode 02 Super Screenshots
Bevisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 02:01   Link #112
tritoch

Morita is stilll awesome but he's not the almost Godly type comedic character in the first series as Takemoto catches up with him in his ultra cool mature form.

Im rewatching it right now. More impressions later. =p
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 05:20   Link #113
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I like Takemoto's maturity. I wish I could be that mature in real life, and still be as fun as him. That's a dream far from completion, however. I really liked this episode, because there was a revelation that Rika at the least liked Mayama. Hooray! Now if I can only get my hands on the raw ...

Oh, and if you want to read on some quasi-intellectual opinions, kindly check out my Metonymy in Honey and Clover. It's not a Garten-type of 'great summary'™, but it's my loving take on Honey and Clover (again?).

Last edited by physics223; 2006-07-07 at 05:33.
Old 2006-07-07, 05:56   Link #114
tritoch

I made a comment on that blog physics223.

The chinese speedsubs are out suprisingly quick. The raw is harder to find though. Gotta looooooook for it with all your eyes.

Also hurrah for some Kaoru screen time. I really love the Morita brothers. heh fave line from him would have to be: "please watch out.... for your neck" *cracking sound*
Spoiler for episode 2 impression:
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 06:13   Link #115
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Spoiler for tritoch:

I wonder why the Chinese subs are already out but the raws are not. Someone must do something for the raw to be present somewhere™. If anyone has read some of my recent posts or blog-posts, somewhere™ is a sacred place for many of us.
Old 2006-07-07, 11:42   Link #116
brightredglow

@physics223: I know you asked the question to tritoch and I don't mean to intrude or be rude, but as a visitor to this forum, I'll answer with my own impression and it is (*sigh*): Yes, you are giving away spoilers in your enthusiasm for Rika and Mayama.

Please take pity on us who have not seen this episode and who want to savor every episode with fresh eyes. It doesn't take but a second to put things behind a spoiler tag with a note of "just to be safe" until the fansub is released. After that, it is fair game.

Thank you, in advance.
brightredglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 11:55   Link #117
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The episode has already been released, so it's definitely fair game (Chinese subs that you can take as a raw if you understand neither Chinese or Japanese) - and I gave information about the second episode from what I've read in the summaries of Omni and Garten. I didn't spoil anything from the manga blatantly; I did, but that's hidden behind that spoiler tag specifically directed to tritoch.

Technically speaking, the episode's there, so I didn't spoil anything - because it's already there. I just talked about the second episode. You should check out the Ergo Proxy thread. Once an episode is released, raw or otherwise, it's fair game to discuss it with or without the input of those English-only viewers. We're discussing ep17 already although only up to 14 has been subbed up to now.

You can watch the raw, you know.
Old 2006-07-07, 12:08   Link #118
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
I like Takemoto's maturity. I wish I could be that mature in real life, and still be as fun as him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
You can watch the raw, you know.

Now you learn.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 12:34   Link #119
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, there's this AS forum accepted notion that unless something is english subbed, you use spoilers.
Old 2006-07-07, 12:49   Link #120
brightredglow

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Well, there's this AS forum accepted notion that unless something is english subbed, you use spoilers.
Thank you, npal. That was the "accepted notion" that I was going by since many of the threads I've visited here seem to adhere to that so I thought it was universally accepted. I concede though that I may have been wrong.

But to physics223, I apologize if that was in error. I guess I just figured not all of us have ready access to get the raws and since Garten and Omniscent put their stuff behind links and spoiler tags, the notion still held.
brightredglow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, noitamina, romance