AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-27, 13:44   Link #581
totalnet

Hmm, my guess in the second part of this message is getting closer being why Shin's mom hates Hiromi.

Hey, the first part might happen too.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 14:13   Link #582
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
"- Hiromi seems more opened up to Shinichiro and actually greets him in a good mood"

Spoiler for my thoughts/speculations on Hiromi:
About part of the above (I snipped the rest)
Spoiler:

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-01-27 at 14:41.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 16:09   Link #583
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 16:21   Link #584
DanielSong39

While Hiromi had a claim on Shin in the past, I think her merits are slowly disappearing and she has too many strikes against her. Let's see:

- No signs of progress in their friendship between the festival and her move into the Nakagami household
- Her cold and distant attitude towards Shin and the rest of the family
- Issues between Hiromi and Shin's mother
- Attempts to get "close" to Noe with less-than-honest motivations
- Dishonest about her feelings toward Shin - and Jun (#4)

She may have a chance if Noe isn't explicitly interested in Shin, but otherwise we may be headed for some serious heartbreak.

Noe, in comparison:

- Immediately builds a connection with Jun
- Deeper connection with the central plot (the search for tears)
- Honest with her feelings
- Sees through Hiromi's motivations
- Much more open and affectionate

These are all elements that point toward a lengthy, healthy relationship if you tell me. It may not be set in stone but Noe clearly has the greater potential.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 17:38   Link #585
Solafighter
Hige

Spoiler for episode 4:
Old 2008-01-27, 18:01   Link #586
electronicmaji
Banned

Noe is a psycho bitch

sorry
but its true.
electronicmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 18:18   Link #587
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
For me, yes. I think you might see a fansub version from bakawolf-m33w later today. I noticed that they were pretty quick with episodes 2 and 3. The other groups don't take much longer, a good indication that this show is well-liked enough to get them to put some priority on it.

I can understand most of the raw by myself. This is the only show that I have actually spent the time to watch two different fansub versions because translators might use different wording which can mean subtle but significant changes in meaning or intensity. Plus I usually notice something extra by watching an episode again. If your computer can handle it, try to get the higher resolution 1280x720 h264 versions. The regular resolution already looks nice but the higher resolution makes it noticeably sharper on my widescreen lcd.
I love watching the 720p h264 versions of any show. You really can tell a difference in the black levels. regular avi's with the lower resolution tend to have artifacting when there's a lot of black. I notice with the 720p versions, the black is pure black and everything looks so much crisper.
So even though episode 4 has already been released, i'm going to wait for a 720p version.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 18:37   Link #588
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicmaji View Post
Noe is a psycho bitch

sorry
but its true.
She is not Psycho! Weird or eccentric is a better term for her.
Psycho behaviour usually is harmful toward other, though I admit the
fountain thing was bordering there, but she was not trying to cause harm but help.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 18:43   Link #589
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicmaji View Post
Noe is a psycho bitch

sorry
but its true.
There's nothing psychotic about her, she is a person that does thing at her pace and is very energetic, eccentric and a tad bit silly..I won't even comment on the bitch part...since i fail to see where you came up with that part of her description.
She wasn't trying to drown the guy in the fountain so....
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 18:50   Link #590
UPR

after watching ep4 subbed. It's pretty obvious (at least to me) Hiromi likes Shin and not number 4.

From the preview seems Shin will get even more misunderstanding since number 4 knows Hiromi as number 6, and will get them together.

As I have said I hope Hiromi does not really like Noe's brother or he likes her. I really like the guy, but if that happens hate will start showing up.

It seems there going the route of having Hiromi end ep with Shin. Which is all great in my belief.
Old 2008-01-27, 18:55   Link #591
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well...I can see where you got the word "psycho" from considering how she made shin drink like a raigomaru (are we 100% sure he didn't commit suicide? ). But sorry, bitch is just uncalled for and shows that you just don't like her at all ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 19:07   Link #592
Var
Banned

Noe is an interesting character. With that said, I'd rather keep watching her character develop before I say anything definative. Right now she seems like a character that can go any number of ways, it's simply a question of which.

The character I'm more interested in is Ai, and her relationships. Episode four gave me the idea that her feelings for Nobuse are very weak. She seems to act out of guilt around him, like when she took his hand at the traffic light. I have a feeling that a revelation will occur that will end that relationship. It just seems to weak to last and be beneficial.

She clearly likes Shin, I'd say the most out of all the girls from what's been shown (since the other two are somewhat ambiguous right now) but she's attached to Nobuse by guilt and can't say anything.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 19:16   Link #593
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O

Grabbed the official bg of the True Tears website and made myself a wallpaper out of it, thought I'd share it with you. Sorry for the quality, size and resolution, I can't do anything better unless I find some good scans (I hate series without scans/wallpapers T.T)
Bondius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 19:33   Link #594
rimaa

^nice little background you get there

Overall, episode 4 was pretty good. Next episode's preview seems to hint that we may get more information about why Shin's mom dislikes Hiromi's Mom. Also Shin seems to have some kind of grudge against his mom (but gets along with his dad just fine). I wonder if this is because of her treatment towards Hiromi or if in fact the reason for their sour relationship is something else.... Anyways, Cant wait for Episode 5, the preview made the episode look pretty interesting so i hope it doesn't disappoint!

Also a quick question...Have they mentioned anything regarding Hiromi's mom? IIRC, wasn't it her dad that passed away?
rimaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 19:39   Link #595
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks a lot for the wallpaper Bondius.

Watch episode four again, and all i get from Aiko is "i don't have a chance at being Shin's girlfriend, so i'll have to make do with what i have". If this is true, then i can't wait to see what'll make her confess (if she does, though i can't see the writers for this series just throwing away her feelings for Shin this early in the series).
Old 2008-01-27, 19:40   Link #596
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Here I come again with more translation questions. Anyone who knows the answer, please explain.

Spoiler for ep 4:
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 19:45   Link #597
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Watch episode four again, and all i get from Aiko is "i don't have a chance at being Shin's girlfriend, so i'll have to make do with what i have". If this is true, then i can't wait to see what'll make her confess (if she does, though i can't see the writers for this series just throwing away her feelings for Shin this early in the series).
Well; they can start out w/ Aiko. From what I can see the story revolves around 2 traingle relationships. First would be ShinxHiromixNoe and then ShinxAikoxNobuse. I don't think "no. 4" will play out a major role other than adding more drama on Noe's part. I don't see him being that interest in hiromi either. And the issue on Shin's mom is to add just more drama I obviously.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 20:01   Link #598
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Wink

Very good episode. The number 4 is a strange guy.

Anyone see the preview for the next episode?
Old 2008-01-27, 20:15   Link #599
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
Here I come again with more translation questions. Anyone who knows the answer, please explain.

Spoiler for ep 4:

1. Probably when the grandma was in hospital. we see did tears From her.

2. Not sure on that one. But I have a theory maybe Noe won't reall fall for Shin in a romantic way. And she will be some sort of support for him like she was in ep 4. Though I could be completly wrong. But she gives of that impresson. ANd it's so obvious that Shin and Hiromi have feeling for each oher. Noe might be the one to push SHin to say them out loud towards Hiromi.
Old 2008-01-27, 20:19   Link #600
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

They focus on her feelings a good amount, so I doubt they'll just throw them out. I'd more suspect that her relationship with Nobuse tanks and she finally musters the courage to say something. A relationship like theirs just can't last. Its blind devotion on one side and simple guilt/alterior motive on the other.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life