AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-27, 17:32   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
Bumping this up, since it's getting near an airdate.

I'm honestly surprised. There seems to be zero interest in this show.
It's mecha b-ball.. it's uh.. out their..

Edit -

Latest CM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTBcD...e=channel_page

Not really feeling it... feels like it's trying to hard to be cool/edgy.

Last edited by Westlo; 2009-03-27 at 22:04.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 23:41   Link #22
gundam rider

well, atleast kawamori didn't make a basketball themed Macross series(!?),

*cough* GERWALK slamdunk *cough**........

hey, its much better he's trying out new wierd concepts stuffs outhere!

Last edited by gundam rider; 2009-03-27 at 23:52.
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 00:26   Link #23
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam rider View Post
well, atleast kawamori didn't make a basketball themed Macross series(!?),

*cough* GERWALK slamdunk *cough**........
Truthfully, I think I'd be more disturbed by the fact they'd be singing while playing basketball while flying in space with a mecha.

Also, thanks to those who showed the song information. Though, it's pretty weird (as I mention as Kaoru did as well) why the ending song is being referred to as the Theme Song in that video.

Last edited by ChibiGoku; 2009-03-28 at 14:26.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 03:37   Link #24
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The mecha design! OMFG THE MECHA DESIGN!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 04:58   Link #25
gundam rider

hey, atleast mechs aren't over-pimped valkyries fighters wearing flashy nikes,

doing the slamdunk, itano-circus style in the courts.......

seriously, normal-looking cars with arms & legs= car GERWALK mode
Old 2009-03-28, 10:23   Link #26
Katapan
俺様祭り

An interesting note: Thomas Romain mentioned that Yamada Yu's song "free" was in fact supposed to be the opening theme at first (I remember early sources reporting this too), but ended up being used as the ending because Shin Itagaki felt it wasn't fitting as an OP. I had no clue directors had any kind of say on the theme songs. It sounds like the song could work perfectly, though... maybe Eclipse's will work even better.

And damn, these backgrounds do look stunning. I'd rather not expect much because I still have some reservations (I also don't like the "overly cool" vibe it's trying to give off at times), but after watching the preview, I really think we could be in for a fun ride.
Old 2009-03-28, 10:28   Link #27
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

My opinions on sports/based themed shows are same as the OP . I will give it a try as it shares the same creator of Macross.F. Also here is hoping the show is devoid of any singing
Old 2009-03-29, 19:23   Link #28
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Mecha playing basketball under the annoying sound of hip-hop maybe people some should just trash their aspirations at originality Seriously, I'll have a hard time picking between this and Saki as the most stupid ideas in recent anime history

And how exactly having some french mate involved makes this exciting to french? Shouldn't they feel embarrassed?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 02:46   Link #29
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
In the end, I guess anime fans are just as close-minded as everyone else.
It's something "different" for once, with some VERY talented people heading up the series and gorgeous animation. I just hope it gets subbed quick enough to see the first few episodes and find out if it lives up to my anticipation. It looks really, really interesting so far. And definitely way above the Beyblades of the world. Just hope the characters deliver.

They already look unique, which fits with this weird concept.

EDIT:when does this start airing??

FTR, this series reminds me A LOT of BuzzerBeater.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 04:27   Link #30
gundam rider

sheeesh..., if the show really wants lots & lots of attention, then they should chage the show's title to "Macross: Basketball Force"

if they're really dead desparate...

hey atleast its kawamori outhere....
Old 2009-03-30, 06:30   Link #31
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Why not singing? If real basketball have cheerleaders, just add a singer and it will be complete!
Old 2009-04-02, 15:54   Link #32
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The first ep aired a few hours ago. The backgrounds are wonderful. Not maybe my kind of show, but it has something going for it. One thing this ep has is an insert song by the sublime Hayami Saori, singing "Moon Passport" about a third of the way through (image of the moon singing). Hard to hear in the background, though. No OP in ep1, but Yamada Yu's ED is pretty good. Eclipse (Hayami-Tomatsu-Nakajima) will release the OP in May and then will have a second single in June (a second OP?).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-04-02 at 16:19.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 16:31   Link #33
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Mecha playing basketball under the annoying sound of hip-hop maybe people some should just trash their aspirations at originality Seriously, I'll have a hard time picking between this and Saki as the most stupid ideas in recent anime history

And how exactly having some french mate involved makes this exciting to french? Shouldn't they feel embarrassed?
Man you don't get like.....anything do you?

I'll explain.....the idea here is that this is supposed to be....ohhhh what's the word......FUN! Anyone remember fun?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 17:55   Link #34
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

I'll explain.....the idea here is that this is supposed to be....ohhhh what's the word......FUN! Anyone remember fun?
Nowadays people think moe=fun, oh how the times have changed.

Anyways I'm looking forward to this looks crazy fun to watch.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 22:17   Link #35
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was also impressed by the work of Endou Aya as the little blue mascot character, Spanky. Endou-san really has some range: Miyuki in Lucky Star, Sheryl in Macross F, Lena Sayers in My Otome Sifr, Angelique, Matsu in Sekirei, Murasaki in Genji, and a little blue mascot animal. Not bad.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 23:09   Link #36
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Episode 1 - Space Jam:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 00:19   Link #37
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Buy nikes!

Play basketball!

Obey!
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 02:20   Link #38
golthin

Miyuki for some reason reminds me of Youko from Gurren. Also, is it me of the character designs are kind of Similar to the style that Gainax use.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 02:37   Link #39
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

You're acting like this isn't a horrible concept, I like mecha, I like Kawamori, I love basketball, I rock nikes, I like hiphop and to me this is a ridiculous concept. Doesn't help that it's clearly trying to replicate the Gurren Lagann/Soul Eater cool/edgy vibe and it just comes off as trying to hard.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 02:50   Link #40
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Doesn't help that it's clearly trying to replicate the Gurren Lagann/Soul Eater cool/edgy vibe and it just comes off as trying to hard.
I thought It was me just imagining things. I already see the Love triangle coming up,
MiyukixDanxSela. It is obvious Miyuki will lose.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, mecha, shounen