AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-05-12, 03:58   Link #41
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Two ideas that came up:

Spoiler for Story ideas.:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 21:43   Link #42
Runty

I've finished my first chapter of "Valkyria Chronicles: Lone Wulf". Here's the link.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5060248/...cles_Lone_Wulf

Enjoy and leave reviews.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 22:05   Link #43
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Done. Left a review.

As usual, I'm trying to think things through for more story ideas later on.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-05-13, 23:54   Link #44
Runty

If you need an idea, I've got one for you.

Spoiler for Story idea:

Think that might be a good one?
Old 2009-05-14, 00:14   Link #45
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Time for me to get off my butt and start designing my characters.

Spoiler for roster:

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-05-18 at 20:17.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 01:30   Link #46
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
If you need an idea, I've got one for you.

Spoiler for Story idea:

Think that might be a good one?
Good idea. I could perhaps integrate that with the ideas I got so far.

Old 2009-05-14, 02:30   Link #47
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Spoiler for Got a bigger, better idea for a story:

Not sure if that amalgamation is okay. Perhaps it needs a few more tweaks. Suggestions are, of course, welcomed.

Or even, how about a dark Selvaria/Welkin story? I certainly would like to see that.

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2009-05-15 at 17:26.
Old 2009-05-15, 17:03   Link #48
Runty

I have another idea for a comedy fanfic if anyone wants to try it. It wouldn't be too long, though it stars Squad Seven's mascot, Hans!
Spoiler for Enter Hans, Private Third Class!:
Anyone up for it?
Old 2009-05-15, 21:43   Link #49
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Hm, Runty might be on to something with that espionage-oriented idea. As an aid in getting the procedurals down, multiple Clancy novels should help; 'Red Rabbit' and 'The Bear and the Dragon' come readily to mind, with 'Without Remorse' being more about, ah, wetwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Or even, how about a dark Selvaria/Welkin story? I certainly would like to see that.
I'm with you on wanting to see how such an evolution could be arranged.
That said, I've been kicking around a couple of ideas with a colleague of mine, and thought it would be interesting to see what you chaps think...
  • Rat Patrol - what if Squad 7 was organized as a skirmish force? That is, using a combination of armed jeeps/buggies and ATVs (if they have motorcycles, those shouldn't be too far a leap) to harass Imperial colums and encampments with hit-and-fade attacks? Anyone who's seen the eponymous 60s TV series, or read Clancy's 'Red Storm Rising', should have scant difficulty visualizing how effective/annoying such tactics can be... Of course, those not comfortable with such a remolding can create a unit from whole cloth, what with the Gallian campaign encompassing a lot more than just Welkin and company.
  • Z-Axis - might be less a story than a reasoned discussion on how airpower would affect the setting. Among other things, I'm sure the Gallians would love to have analogues of the G-model Stuka (which swaps out its usual bombs for a pair of podded 37mm cannons; this is the signature plane of the Luftwaffe CAS ace Hans-Ulrich Rudel) or P-39 Airacobra (one of the Warthog's spiritual ancestors) on call...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 22:10   Link #50
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

How about an Imperial equivalent of the Enigma encoding machine? With the device, Max was able to coordinate the invasion much better than in the game. When Squad 7 stumbles upon a partially destroyed copy, Isara and her team investigates the device. However, an Imperial squad is determined to finish the job of destroying the encoder...
Old 2009-05-15, 22:20   Link #51
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
How about an Imperial equivalent of the Enigma encoding machine?
-details redacted-
Not a bad plot thread, either.
Anyone needing a 'MacGuffin' for an 'intelligent foes shelve their differences in the face of a common threat' high concept? Consider the premise of this piece of fanart...
Old 2009-05-15, 22:23   Link #52
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Crossover between VC and Strike Witches. Oh boy, Isara would have her time exploring the planes, while the SW girls and Squad 7 ham it up. Alicia, for one, doesn't quite like Charlotte's gaze on Welkins...

The Neuroi turns out to be ancient allies of the Valkyrur, and Max soom discovers that apart from her Valkyria powers, Selvaria could be crucial to securing alien help not only against Gallia, but for his eventual domination over the Federation. The world is now literally within his grasp.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-05-15 at 22:35.
Old 2009-05-15, 22:41   Link #53
Firefly00

Much parody material can be generated after condifering the similarities between ragnite and a certain infamous, oft-crystalline substance of non-terrestrial origin. The results of such imagining can range from funny to quite sad...
Old 2009-05-15, 23:16   Link #54
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
  • Rat Patrol - what if Squad 7 was organized as a skirmish force? That is, using a combination of armed jeeps/buggies and ATVs (if they have motorcycles, those shouldn't be too far a leap) to harass Imperial colums and encampments with hit-and-fade attacks? Anyone who's seen the eponymous 60s TV series, or read Clancy's 'Red Storm Rising', should have scant difficulty visualizing how effective/annoying such tactics can be... Of course, those not comfortable with such a remolding can create a unit from whole cloth, what with the Gallian campaign encompassing a lot more than just Welkin and company.
  • Z-Axis - might be less a story than a reasoned discussion on how airpower would affect the setting. Among other things, I'm sure the Gallians would love to have analogues of the G-model Stuka (which swaps out its usual bombs for a pair of podded 37mm cannons; this is the signature plane of the Luftwaffe CAS ace Hans-Ulrich Rudel) or P-39 Airacobra (one of the Warthog's spiritual ancestors) on call...
Ideas seems interesting, not to mention about being a Selvaria/Welkin dark shipper.

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2009-05-15 at 23:49.
Old 2009-05-15, 23:45   Link #55
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, the Tiberium Wars timeline is a little ahead of VC. Still, Isara creating a machine running on both ragnite and tiberium...
Old 2009-05-16, 02:22   Link #56
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Would a VC set in the modern times be plausible (Well, based on ours)?

And how about a crossover with Assassin's Creed while we're at it? Boy, I wish I can wish a VC fic can be done with someone interested in doing a Selvaria/Welkin one.

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2009-05-16 at 16:29.
Old 2009-05-16, 03:05   Link #57
Firefly00

Quote:
Ideas seems interesting, not to mention about being a Selvaria/Welkin dark shipper. :D
Thanks; as for that particular relationship, a major challenge is making such a development plausible within canon. Have any ideas fermenting in that vein?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, the Tiberium Wars timeline is a little ahead of VC. Still, Isara creating a machine running on both ragnite and tiberium...
Maybe, but you have to admit the mental image of Maximillian channeling Kane on occasion does come rather easily, does it not? A word of advice to anyone considering this fusion: playing it 'straight' makes for among other things a sad Welkin.
By the way, most forms of the Mammoth (excluding the Mk. 2 version seen only in Tiberium Sun) look like something Maximillian would not mind having among his armored forces.

Quote:
Would a VC set in the modern times be plausible (Well, basead on ours)?
I see no conceptual reason why not; the only major difference would be that the Marmot would be harder to field safely, requiring air superiority at the very least... its size and sensor profile would make it a sitting duck for air strikes and assorted BVR unpleasantness (cruise missiles, artillery, et cetera). Of course, I imagine the Gallian airbases would be rather high up on the target list in the operation's opening acts in any case.
Just for the sake of being different, Edelweiss in this particular AU might be modeled after the Israeli Merkava MBT...
And damnit, now you have me imagining how well the CANVAS graphics engine could be mated to Modern Warfare 2 mechanics. As if seeing the force-management similarities between VC and EndWar wasn't enough.

Quote:
And how about a crossover with Assassin's Creed while we're at it?
You can play this one of two ways: weave the Templar/Assassins shadow war into the background of VC, or adapt elements of Assassin's Creed into a VC story focusing on espionage/black-ops.
Old 2009-05-16, 03:09   Link #58
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Yeah. For the modern-era style VC, Gallia could have a mix of Swiss/Western weapons and equipment while the Imperial Alliance has modern Russian equipment.

As for how Selvaria/Welkin can go, one way IMO is for Selvaria to be adopted earlier by Belgen since she "was" freed from the secret Imperial research center.

Another would be... well for Selvaria to get really interested in Welkin. Not sure how it can go from there.

Old 2009-05-16, 09:31   Link #59
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Maybe, but you have to admit the mental image of Maximillian channeling Kane on occasion does come rather easily, does it not? A word of advice to anyone considering this fusion: playing it 'straight' makes for among other things a sad Welkin.
By the way, most forms of the Mammoth (excluding the Mk. 2 version seen only in Tiberium Sun) look like something Maximillian would not mind having among his armored forces.
I get the feel that Isara might create the tank out of the Edelweiss first. And yes, Welkins will despair at the ecological damage Tiberium does.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-05-16 at 09:42.
Old 2009-05-16, 16:38   Link #60
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Took a look at the Rat Patrol series. Pretty interesting. In that case, the Edelweiss can't be used with S7 since they're going to be like the British LRDGs during World War II.

Tags
fanfiction